The Augurey

By CarolinaRamos043

This is a story inspired by the HP book called the cursed child but with my own twist, romance and ending to... More

Revelations.
The riddle.
Hogwarts express
Hogwarts.
Ollivanders.
She will squash you like a bug.
Wizards chess.
Halloween.
The three broomsticks
The Towel.
Partners.
Curious.
Who'd you rather.
Astronomy tower.
First Tournamente.
-C.D
Walking to class
Secrets.
Slytherin Stereotype.
Practacing.
Yule Ball.

First day.

9 0 0
By CarolinaRamos043

Today was officially my first day at Hogwarts, I'm not worried. It's not like I haven't read or dont already know what they're about to teach. I'm pretending to be 14-15 after all. I'm filled with more knowledge and experience then any of these idiots. I sighed.

I was walking down the huge high ceilinged hallways, heading towards my favorite subject: defense against the dark arts class. I noticed something strange from the paintings..they keep looking at me weird, I suppose I noticed that since the moment I arrived but..they couldn't possibly know that I don't exist in this timeline, or that I'm technically not supposed to be here do they?....no impossible. Everytime I walked anywhere I was met with curious eyes from all houses, I was new so it didn't surprise me much, but I caught myself hoping that the small glances would stop soon. I do admit my mere existence turned heads no matter where I went. My bright snow colored hair and the way I carried myself in general were the cause of that.

I've read so many stories about Hogwarts, too many for it to be considered normal. I think I can confidently say I know every inch of this castle by heart, but actually being in it is much different than just seeing pictures and drawings of it.

This is my first ever class so I think this as rather exciting. I turned the corner and looked ahead seeing the trio. We were already in front of the classroom door by now. Harry walked in seeming nonchalant by seeing me, his green eyes averted from mine to his best mates as he entered. I didn't know wether to laugh or squeeze my fist as hard as I could so I wouldn't undertake any stupid exertions. I mentally took a deep breath and walked further.

It was only Granger and the Weasley in front of the door. I don't know what they were waiting for but that didn't stop me from approaching them before they entered the class. I had seen an opportunity to introduce myself to Granger's now younger self so I stepped forward. Smirking with confidence. I extended a hand and introduced myself, "Hey I'm Delphini, Delphini Black." She looked back at me like there was something in me worth seeing. My gaze met with Granger's attire, well no longer drenched attire. She looked like she was going to introduce herself back, that was until my lips spoke callously and ruined what could have been a good start. "You look rather...." I looked her up and down "dry today" then looked back up again with a slight grin.

In my brilliant mind I had absolutely no intensions of being friends with her. So with that, any chances of a good friendship dissipated like smoke for the wind to carry across the hills, And it didn't matter to me. Not for one second.

Her Brows frowned and her lips pursed tightly. I guess she didn't like that comment as much as I did, pity because it was funny. She was about to defend herself when Ron stepped in front of her "You just stay away from her alright?" His long ginger hair covered almost half of his face, I could barely notice his eyes if it weren't for the small gaps in between his long bangs. I crossed my arms and looked at the Weasley, "Look at that granger you got yourself a boyfriend ey?" I said that fully knowing that In my timeline they're married with kids, disgusting. She looked at me "He. Is. Not. My boyfriend" she seemed angry that I insinuated something like that which made a mischievous smile grow on my lips.

Ron was invading my space but somehow I still managed to take one step closer to him "Good, this idiot wouldn't do you much good" I then pushed Ron backwards. Her eyes widen suddenly, i couldn't tell if she was surprised that i pushed him or from what I had said as she regained her composure. I darted my eyes at Ron dusting myself off, he managed to get his greasy hair on my robe. I cracked my neck and glared at him, my eyes holding annoyance and boredom in them, "If you ever come that close to me ever again Weasley..a simple push isn't the only thing you'll get from me." His brows raised and his scared orbs evaded from my emotionless ones. He is the epitome of pathetic and cowardice, it pisses me off. I turned on my heel and finally walked in the classroom.

(RON POV)

As I saw the Slytherin devil go inside the classroom I quickly dusted the bad energy that radiated from her off of us "That girl is mental!" I looked at hermione who didn't say anything she stood still, you could've mistaken her for a statue if anyone walked by. Suddenly she faced me "Why did you step in front of me?" What? Why is she asking that. I gulped "Well it's becau-" she cut me off "I don't need you to protect me, I can deal with her" she looked away "You have got to be bloody joking, you don't need 'protection'? We keep saving you remember?! You were petrified! also at the hunted willow last year!" She scoffed "You have no right to say that! The number of times I've saved you and Harry doesn't even compare to the times of you saving me!" she then sighed and looked at me "..it's just..when it comes to simple bullies I can deal with them on my own" I now scoffed "Fine then by all means deal with them alone" I walked in the classroom.

(DELPHINI POV.)

I walked in leaving Granger and Weasley outside. I sat next to Draco as he left a free seat next to him. The classroom was dim and the walls were dark. There was a black chalk board with light brown edges accompanied by a little stand underneath it with many small chalk waiting for usage. It was right in the center of the room so it was hard to miss, but perhaps the students in the back would have trouble reading from it. I looked around seeing exciting objects such as desiccated insects in tiny glass vile's and dusty skulls that looked like they belonged to big beasts, they were resting just on top of the lecturers desk. Draco handed me a black book with peculiar runes on it. The cover read 'The essential defense against the dark arts'. The book looked up to date, like it was a new edition. The casing shined in the light, it had that freshly printed parchment smell. I recognize this volume, of course I did because I've already read it. Except in my time the binder no longer shined, the brims had creases and the pages were yellow from usage and what I could only assumed spilled coffee.

Draco smiled, "I assumed since your new, you didn't manage to pick it up at diagon alley."  I nodded, he is actually not wrong I forgot to pick this one especially, "You assumed right, thank you but won't you need it?" He shook his head and took out another version of it from his bag. I made an oh sound and he shrugged, "Father always buys me a copy of everything on the schools list every year in case I lose anything. He is exceptionally demanding when it comes to school. He wants me to become head boy, a prefect can you believe it?" Draco a prefect? I suppose Lucius will become proud next year since he will in fact become one in the fifth year. I dipped my quill in the ink pot and turned to him, "I believe you can do anything if you set your mind to it." I said encouraging him. He nodded his brows furrowing, "So you think I can? Become one I mean, a prefect?" I nodded, "Of course, if that's what you really want then yes." He looked away seeming to think about what I had said. My chin rested on the palm of my hand as I looked at my puzzled cousin. He really does look different in this time period, well for one he doesn't have a beard and a horrible haircut. His hair is still a perfect shade of platinum blond and not a bright over washed yellow color like he has there. He just looks like a normal kid still trying to figure things out for himself. Trying to find his calling and hopefully his identity in the long run.

He turned his body to face mine and sighed, "Its not..but it's what my father wants, and all Ive ever wished for is for him to be proud of me." Ahh I can relate to this all too well. I know I'd do anything to make my father love me, admire me and see me as someone he can trust. I flicked my hair back and agreed, "I want to make mine proud too." He looked ahead and scratched the back of his neck, "Who's your father anyways?" I removed my gaze on him and tapped my nails on the wooden table, "Let's just say he is someone not to be messed with."

"Rough."

I hummed, "Your father knows him very well."

"He does?"

"Yes."

"Maybe we should all have dinner together on Christmas break"

A laugh escaped my mouth as I imagined The dark lord coming over to celebrate the holidays. The picture I made was incredibly funny and very much impossible. My father wouldn't have time for stupid celebrations as such. I believe he would much rather spend his time searching for more knowledge and ways to gain more power and id happily join him in his quest. It's not like I've ever celebrated the holidays like a normal family anyways, so it wouldn't bother me if I never did. I don't think I'd miss something I never had.

"That would be very improbable" I said which earned a grin from him, "Why? It could be fun. If our parents already clearly know each other then you'd spend the holidays at mine." I mentally slapped myself as he wasn't getting the point I was trying to make. I sighed, "You can ask your father when he meets him." He nodded, "Do you know when?"

I smiled, "He is coming back..In England I mean, right before the second term ends. So I suppose this year's Christmas gathering won't happen." I chuckled.

He shrugged, "Perhaps next year then"

"Perhaps."

I was too focused to notice that the new teacher walked in and that's when I heard his voice, "You must be the new student Delphini Black no? I'm the new professor" I looked up at him, he was looking at me then at Draco in some type of way that I couldn't decipher. He was quite ugly to look at, golden hair, scared face, missing an eye..."Ah here are the last of the students" everyone looked back to see Weasley walking in seeming pissed, then hermione also walked in moments later "What? did the couple fight?" Draco taunted whispering to me while laughing "Seems like it" I grinned with him. The teacher spoke again while writing on the board "I'm professor mad eye moody but just call me professor moody got it?, il be your new defense against the dark arts teacher" All the students nodded.

"Today class we will be doing a few duals, I'm new, and I would like to see what I'm working with, so drop your books since we won't be using them in this lecture." he then looked at me. "All of you stand up, we will go to the dueling room"

-

The dueling room was bigger than the previous rooms. It had a long table in the center which is where the duels were held. We were all lined up next to the table. "Alright who wants to go first? Mmh let's see..how about Delphini and.. what's your name boy?" I got up to my spot waiting for my adversary "Comrac, sir" he said confidently. He was a Gryffindor boy. When he got up, he shot a wink at hermione, which she looked away from, making me glare at his stupidity. "Alright greet your adversary" I walked towards Comrac stopping in front of him and took out my wand, "I'm sorry love I normally don't duel girls, I hope you won't hate me after a beat you, you're quite the pretty little thing" he said and winked at me. My face showed no expression.

We now walked back to our positions. Then turned around. "Okay start!" The teacher exclaimed. He shot me with a disarming spell which I dodged easily with my wand. Another bolt flew my direction, dodged it. This went on for 2 more times, each time I blocked his spells I took one step closer to him. I looked at him indifferent "Is that all you got?" His gaze felt uneasy and he seemed embarrassed. He immediately shot a spell which made a target fly towards my direction at a rapid pace "Impendimenta!" I said stopping the target from reaching me "Bombarda!" The target now exploded in a huge flame making the students take a few steps back in surprise.

I laughed "Now that's more like it! Give me more of that!" It's been a very long time since I dueled someone, it's exciting. And I do admit I can get ahead of myself in the moment, but I was enjoying using magic, matter of fact as always. he looked around to the audience, tilted his head then shot a spell that summoned a hoarder of spiders. All the students started screaming in fear as the spiders were crawling everywhere to get to me. Instead of fear all i felt was excitement. "Oppugno!" A flock of ravens emerged from my wand attacking the spiders. The class looked in aw as the birds were eating, stomping and eradicating the insects. After a few seconds his spiders were no more. I spoke with an unsatisfied sigh "You should've given me more of a fight when you had the chance" I looked him dead in the eyes tauntingly.
"But now it's my turn" before he could do anything I flicked my wand
"Locomoter Mortis!" His legs locked together preventing him from moving..but he could still move his arms.
He immediately tried to shoot another spell..but I was quicker "Incancarous!" A rope flew out of my wand and tied him up "Flipendo!" I said knocking him backwards nearly off the stage. "Hey! S-"he screamed "Langlock!" He was now no longer able to speak "Sshh now, I thought you said you were going to beat me..I don't like people who can't keep their word" I stood over him at this point, he had fear written all over his face, I took this opportunity and entered his mind, an ability I got from my father 'Who's the pretty little thing now?' He got confused and looked at me screaming which made me feel tingly inside. I looked back at the students who were all shocked and were whispering "How?" - "she's crazy" - "Wicked-" and much more that I just wasn't focused enough to hear.

(HARRY POV)

"Bloody hell, good thing I didn't try to fight her back this morning" Ron said while gulping. I stared shocked at the scene "Hogwarts has never taught us these type of wand castings" Ron nodded "Well she never did attend Hogwarts" i noticed hermione was fixated on Delphini "Hermione?" She then looked at me "Hm? Yes?" I made a confused face "You alright?" She nodded "We were talking about how we've never been taught these spells and wand movements she was doing before, do you think it's even normal to be able to do that at 15?" She looked back at the Silver haired girl then back at us "I admit her sudden appearance is strange, her characteristics are odd for someone our age, big ego, amazing spell caster.." I stepped in "And that's all we know of for now, I honestly think that girl is off, I want to keep an eye on her" Ron touched his neck "And she has a tattoo? What parents would let their 15 year old get a tattoo? My mother would faint" hermione darted her eyes at Delphini's neck "The Black family type of parents would..just look at Draco, his a foul spoiled brainless idiot..I'm honestly surprised this one has brains, but not much of self control, she likes to show off" she rolled her eyes.

(DELPHINI POV)

I took my eyes off the students and looked at the professor who stared at me incredibly impressed but then his facial expressions changed when he realized where he was. He cleared his throat "Alright enough Delphini release him, you won" I looked back at comrac's face "Relashio!" He was now free from the ropes, making his arms now free, he quickly tried to get his wand and get payback "Now you're just being stupid" I said in a tone that showed boredom, "Expelliarmous!" His wand flew across the room. The professor came next to me "Miss Black enough" I looked at him and nodded out of respect and backed away. Moody reversed the spell now unlocking his legs from being stuck together. The Gryffindor still screamed as his tongue was glued to the roof of his mouth "Don't worry it will disappear in 3 weeks time" I grinned making the Slytherins next to me chuckle. "Just go to the infirmary and see if they can help with that" the teacher suggested. He looked at me angrily but sighed and got back up and exited the room.

A few more students dueled but none put on a show like I did. I don't blame them either, half the spells I used they haven't even begun to learn yet, I probably drew too much attention to myself, crap. Blaise and Theo put their arms around me "Now that..was incredible Delphi, we have never seen a Slytherin humiliate a Gryffindor to that extent before, bloody brilliant!" Theo said. I chuckled "The guy seemed like a self righteous douche, he needed to be humbled" Blaise laughed at my boldness "Agreed, Comrac is..well he thinks he is better than everyone else only because his family are important people in the ministry" i hummed, already knowing all of this.

"Well, that's all for todays class. You can go now everyone" the professor said, I nodded taking my leave before he spoke again. "Except you miss black, I need to have a word" I looked back at the boys and gave them a sign to go without me. The trio looked back confused, but still left. I waited for the three of them to exit the room to start walking towards Moody. I took another glance at the door and whispered "Muffliato".

"You have impressed me" I now looked forward at the professor.
"Thank you sir" I said with a calm reserved tone. "Tell me miss 'black'" he said emphasizing the word black. "I know the black family very well..and I don't seem to recall there ever being a 'Delphini'" he examined me "Are you posing as one of them girl?" I now grinned "Posing?" I laughed "That's rich coming from you, you who are pretending to be Mad Eye Moody, Barty Crouch Junior." His eyes widen "How?-" I interrupted him "Yes..I'm not a black..not technically anyway, you've caught me there, but this isn't about me" i looked at him in the eyes "I know you're one of Lord Voldemort's followers " he took a step back "You dare say his name girl?!" I tilted my head "I do, since he's my father." He now started doing his tongue tick, signs of the poly juice potion wearing off "Impossible, he has no daughter!" I nodded walking around one of the tables "You're right he doesn't have one.." I looked up at him "In this time line." I took the time turner out of my pocket, dangling it in front of his face. he stared at the time turner then back at me "See. In my timeline, lord Voldemort is dead. You're imprisoned and so are most of the rest of the death eaters, if not dead. You all went to shit in a useless battle where you all lost and Harry Potter won." The potion fully wore off, now showing an astonished Barty sitting down in disbelief. He looked tiny in the oversized real mad eye moody's clothes, "My name is Delphini Riddle Lestrange, and I'm here because of a prophecy. A prophecy if completed could prevent my fathers downfall" he got up and looked at me with a crazy look in his eyes "Lestrange?!..Bellatrix. I-..I need proof, that you are who you say you are" I hummed unfazed and took out my wand "Serpentsortia!" I said summoning a snake.

I spoke in Parseltongue ordering the snake to do as I wanted, watching it slither around Barty's neck, putting pressure on it..almost strangling him. He was afraid to move, his eyes followed the snake as it did my bidding. But that wasn't enough, I got inside his head. "I'm the heir of Salazar Slytherin, in my timeline the only one left after Voldemort died. Im a part of the only 3 known female speakers that could speak to snakes..I can give you more proof of my lineage if this is not enough" He had an appalled look in his eye. He then tried to speak but the snake was wrapped around his neck so tightly that he couldn't. He became blue, his veins bulging out of his forehead. I ordered the reptile to release. "Evanesco!" The snake dissolved Into nothingness, like it was never even there. Barty started coughing. "So- you're back- You're back to save us all?!" I tilted my head, "I don't know about all..but I believe the future is ours to make..and I wasn't happy with mine, so I plan on changing it." he then got down on his knees and bowed to me. I raised my eyebrow at the sight, then my lips grew into a wicked smile "I'm aware my father hasn't been reborn yet, Il do whatever is necessary to make it happen as soon as possible. So I can finally be with him" he looked back up at me from the floor "I'm at your Service" I grabbed his chin "You have a mission to complete and it will be successful. I too have my own part to play in all this. See that Barty?" I pointed at the stage where my duel was held "That, was only bits and crumbs of what I'm truly capable of" he nodded "Now get back up" I accioed his poly juice bottle that was hidden in his bag making it fly right Into my hand "Now drink this before anyone comes in and sees you in this state." He got back up and nodded while bowing his head.

"We'll be in touch." I exited the room.

(HARRY POV)

"Agh what's that buzzing noise?!" Ron was holding his ears "I hear it too, it feels like a hoarder of bees are inside my ears" Hermione leaned back on the wall next to the dueling class scrunching her face in discomfort. I admit we were trying to eavesdrop on their conversation..I just don't trust that girl. Then hermione froze in her tracks and thought of something. Her eyes widen and her body stopped moving, I would've thought she was petrified if I didn't notice her rising chest every time she took a breath. She chuckled "..Oh. She's smart.. she used the muffliato charm" she face palmed herself "The what now?" She rolled her eyes and held her left ear, "Ugh honestly we've known each other for four years and yet you two still haven't managed to pick up a book..The Muffliato charm makes the bystanders to be unable to hear anything while being in close proximity to the caster. Not to mention the horrid buzzing sound you get from being near the individual who put the charm" she frowned "How would she know we were going to be listening?" Ron asked. Hermione backed away from the wall "Your're asking the wrong question, the thing we should worrying about is what would they be talking about that she would need to use that charm" then the buzzing suddenly stoped and the Slytherin girl exited the room. We've been caught.

She looked at the three of us, her face expressions didn't tell us anything it's like she was incapable of emotions. But that couldn't be. She then opened her mouth "What are you three doing here?" She asked even though it was clear she already knew the answer. She sighed seeing as none of us were responding "Just get out of my sight" she pushed Ron aside and continued walking down the corridor towards the dungeons.

"I swear to you Harry one day I will fight her" I patted Ron's shoulder still looking at Delphini walking away. "Mate..you don't stand a chance"

Word count : 4243

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 270 40
Charlize Lysander wants many things. Having a dying mother is not one of those things. Neither is being Voldemort's daughter. But she doesn't know th...
117 10 9
"She turned her head to her beaten and bruised friends, Ron, Hermione, Circe. This was her fault, she had brought them here. She turned towards him...
46.5K 2.3K 32
thanatophobia - the intense fear of death or the dying process. ><
13.5K 521 20
Ellie had dealt with a great shock, her parents have both been murdered by death eaters. Her mothers great friend Albus Dumbledore brings her to Hogw...