𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫 ☠︎︎ 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐜 𝐥�...

By quitsagb

[completed|not edited] They had defeated both Valentine and Jonathan, at least that's what they thought. Thei... More

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫
(1) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧
(2) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬
(3) 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥
(4) 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲
(5) 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲
(6) 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧
(7) 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐳𝐚
(8) 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐞
(9) 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
(10) 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
(11) 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞
(12) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐫
(13) 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤
(14) 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
(15) 𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬
(16) 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫?
(18) 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥
(19) 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝
(20) 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

(17) 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

1.2K 42 1
By quitsagb

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE STOOD NEXT TO JACE, a sigh leaving her lips as they were trying to find where Clary had gone off with Jonathan. But it wasn't easy, especially with Simon blaming them for letting her go. "I don't understand. You said that if you stayed with her, nothing bad could happen." Simon says as he furrows his eyebrows, almost glaring at Jace who just crosses his arms against his chest.

"I only lost sight of her for a minute," Jace replies, not liking what Simon was accusing him of. Adelaide was just quiet, not really having much to contribute to the conversation, although she really just didn't want to speak.

"Enough time for the twinning rune to have taken hold." Isabelle points out with a sigh as she places her hands on her hips. Jace nods his head, his jaw slightly clenched.

"Once I got back to her, it was already too late. She'd been completely overtaken." He admits, feeling responsible for losing Clary and almost getting Adelaide killed.

"I tried to stop them but those two together are powerful. And I couldn't exactly hurt Jonathan the way I wanted to without hurting Clary." Adelaide adds it would be almost impossible to get Clary back until they severed the link. They couldn't hurt Jonathan because none of them wanted to harm Clary.

"Jace." Alec's voice comes through the room, making them glance over to see that he is walking over to them. His eyes drifted to Adelaide for a moment and she just sent him a smile which he returned.

"Alec, where were you?" Jace asks, a bit confused as to where the man had been. Alec clears his throat as he stops next to the group.

"I got the alert. Are you okay?" Alec questions as he looks at Jace before moving over to Adelaide who immediately takes his hand in hers, giving it a squeeze.

"I will be when we get Clary back," Jace mutters as he shakes his head. Isabelle was just watching them but her eyes caught a glimpse of her brother and Adelaide holding hands, the girl leaned against him slightly. 

"What is this? Did you--" Isabelle stops herself, having caught everyone's attention. But her eyes widen as she notices the ring on Adelaide's finger.  "Oh my god!" She squeals happily as she claps her hands. Jace glances to where she was looking, instantly smiling when he notices what Isabelle is making a big deal about.

"Okay, let us focus, please," Alec tells them, glancing around the group. Jace just smirks, raising his eyebrow at his parabatai.

"You proposed, Alec. I thought you chickened out." Jace admits with a small laugh, to which Alec just sends him a small glare as Adelaide looks at them amused.

"Thanks for that." He mutters with a slight scoff, hitting Jace's arm but the man just winks back at Alec.

"We can talk about this later," Adelaide states, her voice slightly stern as she just gives everyone a demanding look. Isabelle is still brightly smiling but nods her head.

"Number one priority is Clary. The clave has reinstated the kill order on her and Jonathan." Alec tells them, which was inevitable since they wanted the problem solved as soon as possible.

"What? You can't let them do that. You have to fight it, you're the head of an institute." Simon snaps towards Alec who seems to just want to punch Simon in the face. Adelaide glances up at Alec who meets her eyes, shaking his head. She smiles lightly, leaning against his arm.

"No, this is a clave order. We just have to get to Clary before they do." Jace states, that if they could just find Clary first, then it won't be a problem. It will only cause issues if the clave gets to her before they can.

"What's the latest on the heavenly fire serum?" Alec asks as he looks over to his sister who meets his eyes.

"I'm still extracting particles of glorious. Once I'm done, I can create a more concentrated serum, that's much more powerful than the one we tried before." Isabelle explains to them, though it is still more complicated than it seemed. It wasn't just some simple task that she could complete quickly.

"Right and if you inject Jonathan with that?" Jace questions as he raises his eyebrows at the raven-haired woman.

"That should separate Clary from Jonathan for good," Isabelle states with a nod, that was the hope at least. They wouldn't be sure it would work until they actually did it.

"That's great and everything but first we have to find them." Simon points out, that they couldn't exactly separate them if they had no way of actually finding where they went. 

"Jonathan and Clary would've activated their anti-tracking runes. Finding them won't be easy." Alec states with a sigh, It wasn't as if they could track them in any way, it was near impossible. Jace just shakes his head, looking up at the group.

"It will if they come to me." 

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC LEANS AGAINST THE DOORFRAME AS HE JUST WATCHES ADELAIDE STARE AT HER RING. She had a huge smile on her face as her finger ran over the diamond. He couldn't help but smile as well as he looked at her. "Hey." He decides to make his presence known as he lifts himself off of the frame. Adelaide glances over at him, her eyes lighting up when she sees him. She gets up from the chair she was sitting on, making her way over to him.

"Hi." She responds, stopping in front of him and leaning against his chest. Alec puts his hands on her waist, gazing down at her. Adelaide kisses him softly, bringing her hand up to her cheek. He kisses back for a moment before they pull away from each other.  "It feels so weird to be wearing this," Adelaide admits as she goes back to staring at her ring. "A good weird, though." She adds as she looks back up at him.

"I'm sure you'll get used to it," Alec says as he intertwines their fingers together. Adelaide giggles as she nods her head, gazing up at the man as she squeezes his hand.

"Oh, I definitely will," Adelaide responds, pressing another kiss to his lips. Alec deepens it, pressing her against the wall behind her. Adelaide moans softly as his hand runs through her hair, gripping it slightly. Her arms wrap around his neck, pulling him closer as their lips continue to meet feverishly. Alec moves his hands down her body before gripping her thighs and lifting her up. Adelaide wraps her legs around his waist as their kiss stops for a second. She runs a hand through her hair as she gazes down at him, lust in her eyes. Alec kisses her deeply, his hands holding her up as she runs her hands through his hair.

He moves towards the bed, dropping her onto it before climbing on top of her. She smirks up at him as he leans down to kiss her again, his body slightly grinding into her. Adelaide moans as she rakes her hands up his back, pulling at the bottom of his shirt. Alec groans but pulls away to pull it off, throwing it towards the floor. Their kisses get more heated as Adelaide runs her hands over his abs.  She was getting restless, her fingers moving to the belt on his jeans. Unlatching it, she throws it aside before starting to pull down his pants. Alec pulls away, tossing them aside quickly. Adelaide just glances towards his boxers where it is clear that he was turned on. Alec notices where she is looking which makes him chuckle. Bringing his hands to his boxers, he takes them off, leaving him exposed.

Adelaide moans at the sight, not wanting to waste any more time. Removing her shirt, she quickly brings her hands behind her back, reaching for the clasp. Alec kisses her neck, causing her to tilt it sideways. As she gets her bra off, he moves his lips down her chest, sucking at her skin. Adelaide moans as she just rests back against the bed, Alec continuing to kiss all the way down her body.

Adelaide brings her hands to her skirt, going to take it off but Alec just bunches it up around her hips, his fingers moving towards her underwear. She gasps as his hand brushes over her core. Alec brings her underwear down her legs, his lips leaving kisses along her thighs. Adelaide bites her lip, she just wants him. As he slides them off, throwing the underwear to the floor, he slowly kisses all the way back up to her lips. Adelaide was practically squirming beneath him as quickened breaths left her lips. Alec hovers over her, his eyes on hers. Adelaide nodded her head as she was just ready for him to do anything at this point. He settles on top of her, his hands moving down her sides.

As he thrusts inside of her, she can't help but gasp as her hands grab onto his shoulders. Alec had his head on her shoulder as she whimpered lightly. He begins to move slightly, his hands gripping her hips. Adelaide bites her bottom lip as she is immediately filled with pleasure as her eyes roll slightly. "Alec, please." Adelaide moans out, knowing it would give Alec permission to just fuck her like he wanted to. Alec lifts his head slightly, his hand moving to brush Adelaide's hair out of her face.

Alec continues to thrust into her, his pace deepening as he hears her moan in his ear. Adelaide tilts her head back for a second, her toes curling. As she moves her eyes back to his, she swiftly kisses him hard, wrapping her arms around his neck. Alec groans into the kiss, feeling her fingers play with the bottom strands of his hair. Adelaide gasps lightly as he hits a certain spot inside of her, her hands gripping his shoulders.

Their hands intertwine and Alec brings them above their heads, their lips moving together as he thrusts into her harder. Adelaide tightened her legs around his waist, melting into his touch. Alec moans against her mouth as his free hand moves to her thigh, rubbing it. "Alec." She moans out, their hands moving back down. Adelaide brings her hands to his back, her nails digging into his skin as his thrusts get quicker.

"Alec, fuck, I've missed you." She states as she moans softly. Alec moves his lips to her neck, pressing heated kisses to her skin. Adelaide closes her eyes, feeling the way he sucked at her skin, his hands running down her body as he thrusts into her. She could hear his soft whines in her ear which just turned her on even more, her orgasm quickly approaching. Adelaide moves her hand to the bed, gripping the sheets tightly as she bites her bottom lip. Alec groans against her skin as she clenches around him.

A gasp leaves Adelaide's lips as she tilts her head back, her face contorting into bliss as she moans Alec's name loudly. Alec continues to litter her neck with kisses as his thrusts get sloppier, his fingers digging into her hips. Adelaide feels him fill her up as his body halts his movements, slightly dropping onto her. Alec was able to hold up the majority of his weight as he moaned into her ear, his head resting on her shoulder. She runs her fingers through his hair as she lets him rest a bit.

They heard the door open but were still catching their breath. Alec didn't really care who it was as he rested his head on her chest, his fingers drawing circles on her hip. "Great, you two are done. Can we focus on Clary now?" Jace asks as he raises his eyebrows at the pair. Adelaide just stares at him for a moment before her gaze moves to Alec. They look at each other before starting to laugh, not moving from their spot in bed. 

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

SITTING ON A CHAIR IN THE MAIN ROOM OF THE INSTITUTE, Adelaide just scrolls through her phone as she waits for Jace to come up with a plan. He said he would and practically refused any sort of help. So, she was going to let him down what he was doing and wait till he asked for her help which he no doubt will. "Adelaide." She hears her name causing her to look up and see that Isabelle was making her way towards her. Adelaide sets down her phone as the raven-haired girl stops in front of her.

"Hey, Iz. How's the sword coming along?" Adelaide asks curiously, knowing that they need it in order to break the connection and defeat Jonathan. Isabelle crosses her arms over her chest as a sigh leaves her lips.

"Good, I'm almost done with it," Isabelle admits, hoping to have it done pretty soon. But they just had to make sure it was perfect and that it was actually going to work. They didn't need it failing again and once again letting Jonathan go.

"That's great. So, we can get Clary back." She replies and Isabelle nods her head.

"Yeah," Isabelle says as she brushes her hair out of her face. "I'm really happy for you and Alec." She tells the raven-haired woman who smiles up at her, nodding.

"Thanks," Adelaide responds as a small sigh leaves her lips. "It still doesn't really seem real." She admits, crossing her arms against her chest. 

"I'm sure it will eventually," Isabelle assures her, tilting her head. It was out of the blue and of course, it would feel foreign and weird for the first couple of days after.

"Maybe when I'm walking down the aisle," Adelaide says with a small laugh, maybe that will finally make her heart slow down. But maybe she didn't think it felt real because she didn't know if it would be. She didn't know if she'd make it to the wedding let alone planning it.

"He really loves you." Isabelle points out, she has never seen Alec look at someone the way he did with Adelaide. She definitely brings out the best in him and makes him the happiest he could be. She couldn't imagine what would've happened if he had married Lydia.

"I really love him too," Adelaide responds with a soft smile on her face. Isabelle tilts her head, wrapping an arm around the girl as she brings her close.

"And, hey, we'll finally be sisters." Isabelle points out with a soft laugh. Adelaide meets Isabelle's eyes, tilting her head as she shakes her head.

"We've always been sisters." She states she knew she was not always open or even nice to Isabelle, but ever since she came to the institute, Isabelle had done nothing but treat her well. And she was not about to just forget about that.

"Is that why we always had arguments?" Isabelle asks in a teasing tone as she smirks at the woman. Adelaide laughs as she nods her head, smiling back at her.

"Totally." 

"I just can't wait to finally defeat Jonathan and get everything back to normal," Isabelle says with a small sigh, fiddling with her fingers. Nothing could go wrong, not again because if it did, Isabelle was ready to just throw it in the towel.

"Yeah, me too," Adelaide responds, although her tone indicates something different. Isabelle furrows her eyebrows as she stares at Adelaide, sensing that something is wrong with her.

"You all right?" She asks curiously, obviously worried about her. Adelaide meets her eyes, nodding her head.

"Mhm."

"Are you sure?" Isabelle presses, a small frown on her face as she knew there was something that Adelaide wasn't saying.

"Just happy," Adelaide says, not wanting Isabelle to worry about her, not when they needed to be focusing on Clary and Jonathan.

"Well, I just know your wedding dress is going to be beautiful." Isabelle points out with a huge smile on her face. Adelaide had always had great fashion sense and this was going to be no different.

"Hopefully." She mumbles, not knowing what to believe anymore. Isabelle sighs as she places her hand on Adelaide's shoulder.

"I have to get back but everything is gonna work out." Isabelle assures her as she squeezes the woman's shoulder. Adelaide nods her head, putting a smile on her face until Isabelle turns to walk away. Truthfully, she didn't know if everything was going to work out. She didn't know if there was even a solution to the mess she got herself into. Adelaide just really hoped that she was able to deal with her situation before it was too late.

And she really hoped she got to walk down the aisle and marry the love of her life.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE LEANT AGAINST THE WALL, just watching Alec doing his job. He hadn't seemed to notice her yet and that was what she was kind of hoping for. She just wanted to admire him while being trapped in her thoughts, trapped on what to do. But as she stood there, she felt someone stop beside her. "You need to tell him." She could hear Jace say as they both just looked at Alec. Adelaide sighs as she glances down at the ground for a moment before turning to look at the blonde.

"I know." She responds, biting the inside of her cheek. It's not like she didn't want to tell Alec, she was just scared to. "I will, eventually," Adelaide tells him but it doesn't seem to satisfy Jace, especially since he was the one who had to kill her if everything went south.

"Adelaide, you're engaged-"

"I know that, Jace." Adelaide hadn't meant to snap at him, but she knew why she should tell Alec and she knew she should, but it wasn't as easy as he was making it out to be. "Let's just help Clary and then we'll deal with this." She tells him, knowing that Clary is a higher priority right now. Jace shakes his head as he crosses his arms against his chest.

"It's not just something that you can brush off." Jace retorts, not wanting her to feel like she's not just as much a priority as Clary is. Especially since they knew Jonathan wouldn't kill Clary but they didn't know that about Adelaide.

"Well, if you wouldn't keep bringing it up every two seconds." She mumbles with a slight scoff. She could easily brush it off if she didn't have Jace in her ear every two seconds. She knew he was just trying to help but it was a bit annoying.

"Alec is my parabatai, I am not going to keep lying to him." He denies, he never liked keeping things from Alec, especially when he knew that Alec would eventually catch on.

"It's not lying if he doesn't ask you about it." Adelaide points out as she shrugs her shoulders. Jace didn't look too impressed by her answer.

"Adelaide, you know what I mean," Jace responds as he sees Adelaide visibly deflate. She just brings her hands to her face, rubbing it lightly.

"Please, just leave it for now."

"You are making it to your wedding," Jace assures her, he wasn't about to let her die and he wasn't letting Alec lose the love of his life, not if he had anything to do with it.

"I guess we just have to have hope, don't we?" Adelaide asks him as she places a hand on her hip.

"Hope won't have anything to do with it." Jace states as he grabs her hand, giving it a squeeze. "I will do everything in my power to help you." He assures her, he was never going to let her do anything on her own.

"And I appreciate that, Jace. But this is my problem." Adelaide says, she never meant to drag him into all of this but she knew she had to tell one person, otherwise, she could just jump off a building right now.

"We're family. It's mine too." Jace states, seemingly not taking no for an answer. Adelaide groans as she tilts her head back for a moment.

"You know you're annoying right?" She questions as she clenches her jaw a bit but he knows she was partially joking.

"Because I want to save your life?" Jace asks her, a bit confused as he tilts his head, his eyebrows furrowed. Adelaide just stares back at him, scrunching up her nose.

"Because you're annoying." She states more bluntly this time as she just narrows her eyes at the man. Jace chuckles as he raises his hands in defense, his eyebrows raising at her. Adelaide just rests her head against the wall.

"Whatever, you'll be thanking me when you're saying 'I do' to Alec," Jace tells her and Adelaide lets out a laugh, he truly was cocky, especially about things that didn't even involve him.

"Sure." Adelaide hums as she crosses her arms against her chest.

"Mark my words," Jace says with a smirk playing on his face as he points towards her as he backs up. Adelaide rolls her eyes but she can't help but smile. She was glad that he wasn't giving up on her but she felt like this was all her fault, which it was, but she wanted to solve it on her own.

 Because if she didn't, she did not want Jace to feel guilty about not being able to save her.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9K 1K 50
In the Shadow-world all the legends are true. From Werewolf's to Warlock, Vampires and angel/human hybrids called Shadowhunters, who fight demons for...
8.8K 501 24
Who doesn't love Malec? When Alec goes missing, Magnus's whole world collapses. Jace won't speak to anyone. Isabelle and Clary are always out looking...
125K 4.1K 32
Chris Loss was sure life couldn't get better. Alec Lightwood had finally kissed him, they were going to be together, they were going to go on their f...
14.5K 446 25
Alec Lightwood has secrets and a secret past that could come back and hurt not only him but the people he loves and cares about.