(10) 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC COULD FEEL THE SHINE OF THE SUN IN HIS EYES AS HE LAID ON THE BED. He groans a little bit as he covers his face with his hand. It felt like he could never get enough sleep, no matter how hard he tried. Letting out a sigh, the man turns on his side, looking over at Adelaide who was still soundly asleep. A smile forms on his lips as he just watches her for a moment.

Moving his hand over, he strokes her cheek. He slides across the bed, allowing himself to settle in beside her. He wraps his arm around her waist, leaning down to press a soft kiss onto her shoulder. Alec saw her stir a little bit as he moves his lips across her skin.

"Mm. Morning." Adelaide mumbles with a smile as she turns tiredly to face the man. Alec presses a kiss to her lips before pulling her against him. Adelaide snuggles into his chest, wrapping her arms around him. "Can we just stay in bed all day?" She asks with a sigh, closing her eyes again as she just wanted to soak this in while she could. Alec chuckles a little bit as he rubs circles on her back.

"I wish." He replied as he rests his head on top of hers. Adelaide groans as she hides her face in the crook of Alec's neck.

"It's so warm though." Adelaide admits as she pressed a partial kiss on his skin.

"Hm." Alec hums as he closes his eyes for a moment before letting out a breath. He grabs her arms softly, lifting them off of his body.

"Nooo." Adelaide moans as Alec sits up on the bed, glancing over at a unhappy Adelaide.

"Adelaide, we have to get up." Alec tells her as he leans over to her, resting his chin on her shoulder. Adelaide only turns her body, wrapping her arms around his neck to bring him against her. Alec chuckles as he allows her to cuddle him.

"But not right now." Adelaide retorts as she really didn't want to leave the comfort of her bed. Alec hears his phone chime from the table next to them. With a little bit of force, he's able to get his arm out of Adelaide's grasp in order to grab it.

"It's a message from Jace." He says and Adelaide peeks her eye open for a moment but she couldn't care less what Jace had to say right now. "Clary might still be alive." Alec states, his voice showing a little bit of shock. Well, they did believe that she had blown up. Adelaide's head pipes up a little bit, her eyebrows furrowed.

"What? How?" She asks, confusion laced in her voice as she couldn't believe that anyone could survive a blast like that.

"He just said to meet him at the institute." Alec tells her as he places his phone back down. "So much for staying in bed." He mutters as he rubs his face, sitting up on the bed. He feels Adelaide wrap her arms around his waist from the back.

"Whatever order you give me today, I will follow it." Adelaide tells him as she knew she was a bitch some... Well, a lot of the time. She didn't mean to be but she has never liked taking orders, especially not from her boyfriend.