𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫 ☠︎︎ 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐜 𝐥�...

By quitsagb

[completed|not edited] They had defeated both Valentine and Jonathan, at least that's what they thought. Thei... More

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫
(1) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧
(2) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬
(3) 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥
(4) 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲
(5) 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲
(6) 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧
(7) 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐳𝐚
(8) 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐞
(9) 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
(11) 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞
(12) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐫
(13) 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤
(14) 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
(15) 𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬
(16) 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫?
(17) 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩
(18) 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥
(19) 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝
(20) 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

(10) 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

1.2K 45 11
By quitsagb

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC COULD FEEL THE SHINE OF THE SUN IN HIS EYES AS HE LAID ON THE BED. He groans a little bit as he covers his face with his hand. It felt like he could never get enough sleep, no matter how hard he tried. Letting out a sigh, the man turns on his side, looking over at Adelaide who was still soundly asleep. A smile forms on his lips as he just watches her for a moment.

Moving his hand over, he strokes her cheek. He slides across the bed, allowing himself to settle in beside her. He wraps his arm around her waist, leaning down to press a soft kiss onto her shoulder. Alec saw her stir a little bit as he moves his lips across her skin.

"Mm. Morning." Adelaide mumbles with a smile as she turns tiredly to face the man. Alec presses a kiss to her lips before pulling her against him. Adelaide snuggles into his chest, wrapping her arms around him. "Can we just stay in bed all day?" She asks with a sigh, closing her eyes again as she just wanted to soak this in while she could. Alec chuckles a little bit as he rubs circles on her back.

"I wish." He replied as he rests his head on top of hers. Adelaide groans as she hides her face in the crook of Alec's neck.

"It's so warm though." Adelaide admits as she pressed a partial kiss on his skin.

"Hm." Alec hums as he closes his eyes for a moment before letting out a breath. He grabs her arms softly, lifting them off of his body.

"Nooo." Adelaide moans as Alec sits up on the bed, glancing over at a unhappy Adelaide.

"Adelaide, we have to get up." Alec tells her as he leans over to her, resting his chin on her shoulder. Adelaide only turns her body, wrapping her arms around his neck to bring him against her. Alec chuckles as he allows her to cuddle him.

"But not right now." Adelaide retorts as she really didn't want to leave the comfort of her bed. Alec hears his phone chime from the table next to them. With a little bit of force, he's able to get his arm out of Adelaide's grasp in order to grab it.

"It's a message from Jace." He says and Adelaide peeks her eye open for a moment but she couldn't care less what Jace had to say right now. "Clary might still be alive." Alec states, his voice showing a little bit of shock. Well, they did believe that she had blown up. Adelaide's head pipes up a little bit, her eyebrows furrowed.

"What? How?" She asks, confusion laced in her voice as she couldn't believe that anyone could survive a blast like that.

"He just said to meet him at the institute." Alec tells her as he places his phone back down. "So much for staying in bed." He mutters as he rubs his face, sitting up on the bed. He feels Adelaide wrap her arms around his waist from the back.

"Whatever order you give me today, I will follow it." Adelaide tells him as she knew she was a bitch some... Well, a lot of the time. She didn't mean to be but she has never liked taking orders, especially not from her boyfriend.

"I'll believe it when I see it." Alec responds with a smile as he leans down to press a kiss to her lips.

Adelaide sighs as she feels Alec's weight lift off from the bed. Bringing her hands to her head, she runs her fingers through her hair. Her eyes follow Alec as he walks into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Was Adelaide glad that Clary was alive? Yes. Did she feel like there was a catch to it? Also yes. But what else was she going to do than run into danger yet again.

Lifting her hands, she stares at them for a moment, as if hoping that a glimpse of her magic would appear. But much to her luck, nothing happened. Adelaide bites the inside of her cheek, letting her hands drop against the bed. She didn't know if she was ever going to get her magic back.

All she really could do, was have hope.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC AND ADELAIDE MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE MAIN TABLE WHERE LUKE AND JACE WERE ALREADY WAITING. Alec nods his head at jace, telling him to start debriefing them. "We confirmed the apartment jumped again earlier this morning." Jace tells the man who just stops next to him, listening to what they were saying.

"And we have reason to believe Clary was in it." Luke adds and Adelaide sighs a little bit. She was glad that Clary was alive but if she was alive and the apartment moved, then it was probably safe to say that Jonathan was too.

"The problem is she could be anywhere." Jace points out.

"Well, not anywhere." Magnus pipes up as he walks into the room. Everyone glances over at him.

"What do you mean?" Alec asks him as he furrows his eyebrows.

"Inter-dimensional domiciles run along ley line grids. Based on the apartment size and power, there are only a handful of habitable regions with grid junctions large enough to support it." Magnus explains to them as he stands next to Adelaide. Alec nods his head, taking that into consideration.

"Let's get a list of all places that fit the profile. Check any nearby institutes for unusual activity." Alec tells them before his eyes move over to Magnus. "Magnus, you must have some international warlock friends who can keep an eye out for us?" He questions and Magnus just squints at him.

"That's an understatement." Adelaide says and Magnus gives her a playful scold.

"Well, I'm not one to name drop but I'll make a few calls." Magnus tells them before walking away from the table.

"Even if we check all these places, it's still like finding a needle in a haystack." Luke points out with a sigh as it was still going to be hard to find Clary, even with a lot of eyes on the streets.

"We'd better start now." Jace states as he glanced around. "Hey, were gonna find her." He assures Luke and Adelaide only rubs her face. He couldn't really promise that at all.

"Let's hope so." Adelaide mumbles before heading over to her father who was on the other side of the room, documenting something. "Hey." She says, catching his attention and Dean just glanced at her.

"Hey, kid." Dean replies before going back to what he was doing.

"I just wanted to apologize for snapping at you yesterday." Adelaide says as she knew she was a little bit out of line with everyone.

"It's fine, Adelaide." Dean says with a smile, he knew she was stressed about losing her magic so he didn't take anything to heart. Adelaide nods her head, fiddling with her fingers.

"How did your date go?" Adelaide asks, remembering that he was going out with Rosaline. Dean glances at her before shrugging his shoulders and focusing on what he was writing.

"It was fine." He says, as if trying to brush the question off. Adelaide squints her eyes at the man.

"Fine?" She questions and he just nods his head.

"Yes."

"Oh, you are so head over heels for her." Adelaide teases him as she pokes her tongue to the inside of her mouth. Dean snaps his eyes towards the woman.

"No, I'm not." Dean denies, his voice squeaking which was a dead give away. Adelaide only giggles as she places her hands on her hips.

"Mhm." She just smirks at the man who rolls his eyes playfully at her.

"Don't you have something to do?" Dean asks her as he grabs the notebook he was writing in, looking at his daughter.

"You're not getting out of this." Adelaide tells him with a laugh but Dean just starts to walk away from her. "I'll be back." She calls out after him and he just waves her off. Adelaide shakes her head with a smile before turning to head towards the main table in order to track Clary.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

STOPPING NEXT TO ALEC WHO WAS LOOKING AT THE MAP, Adelaide grabs a hold of his hand. Usually he likes to keep it professional in the workplace but honestly, he couldn't care less right now. "I've got everyone keeping an eye out." Adelaide tells him and Alec nods his head as he moves the map with his finger. "Anything else for me to do, boss?" Adelaide asks, trying to keep her face straight as she sways back and forth. She could see Alec pause, his eyes squinting before they move towards her.

"Boss, really?" Alec asks her and she shrugs her shoulders, a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Is that too formal for you?" She questions as she raises an eyebrow at him. Alec rolls his eyes playfully at her.

"Okay, you proved me wrong. Now please don't call me that again." He states, he didn't know why it sounded so weird coming from her. Maybe because she has never once called anyone that, let alone him. Or maybe it's just the fact that they're together.

"You got it, boss." Adelaide says in a teasing voice and she saw the annoyed look he gave her. "You're so cute when you're annoyed. You get that furrowed brow." She points out as she brings her finger up to his frow line.

"Stop." He whines, hitting her hand. Adelaide only giggles as she wraps her arms around him. Alec tries not to give in as she bats her eyelashes up at him. An alert catches his attention. "I think I've got something." Alec states, grabbing the tablet and reading what it says.  "A Shadowhunter in Paris just reported a stele missing." He calls out and Jace looks over at him.

"Do they have any suspects?" Jace questions as he walks over to them.

"They think it's a rogue Shadowhunter. A young woman." Alec tells them and jaces eyes widen at the description.

"Clary." Jace states with a sigh. Adelaide squints her eyes, shrugging her shoulders a little bit.

"Well I mean, it could be anyone technically." She points out and they all just turn their heads to her. Adelaide holds her hands up in defense. "What? We shouldn't get our hopes up so high." Adelaide admits as she knew it could be Clary but it also could not be. She didn't want Jace getting too happy only to be disappointed.

"Right." Jace mutters before walking away. Adelaide honestly didn't understand what she did wrong.

"I'm just being realistic." She tells them and Alec glances down at her.

"You could keep it to yourself." Alec says, pressing his lips together tightly. He knew what she was doing but it didn't seem like Jace was really looking for doubt in his plan.

"Aye, aye, captain." Adelaide says as she brings her hand up to salute him. Alec bites the inside of his cheek, not looking impressed it the slightest. Adelaide giggles as she brings her hand down. "Sorry, now I'm done." She states and Alec just shakes his head, pointing behind her.

"Go."

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

AS THEY MAKE THEIR WAY THROUGH THE STREETS AFTER FINDING CLARY'S LOCATION, they can see the girl standing with a man, not too far away from them. Adelaide grips the spear in her hand, spinning it around. It would be easier to contain the man if she had her magic but, that didn't seem to be a working plan.

Clarys head turns, seeing the group running towards them. She noticed how Alec had his bow drawn, ready to shoot Jonathan. "Wait! Don't shoot!" Clary shouts at them causing them to all stop in their step. "If you kill him, I die too." She tells them and Adelaide can't help but roll her eyes. Of course that's what's happening, because they can never just kill someone and get it over with.

"Everybody stand down!" Luke orders and Alec glances at him before reluctantly lowering his bow.

"I knew I never should have trusted you." Jonathan snaps at the redhead who only scoffs, rolling her eyes at him.

"Let's be real, Jonathan. We never trusted each other." Clary tells him before stabbing herself in the leg making Jonathan fall to the ground, letting out a groan.

"You little bitch!" He yells at her before disappearing. They all rush towards the direction Jonathan went but he was long gone.

"Clary!" Jace runs to the woman, grabbing a hold of her.

"Did you see the way he looked at me?" Adelaide asks as she glances at Alec before her eyes move back to where Jonathan was previously standing.

"Hey." Alec catches her attention as he moves his hand to her jaw, rubbing it softly. "Don't think too much of it, okay?" He tells her and she nods her head. Her eyes move over to jace and Clary who were still in their embrace.

"I'm gonna throw up." Adelaide states as she fakes the noise, pointing her finger to her mouth. Jace glares at her, shaking his head.

"How nice." Jace mutters and Adelaide only sends him a sweet smile. Suddenly, she's sent back a few steps by Clary who had decided to hug her.

"Adelaide, you're okay." Clary says with a sigh and Adelaide furrows her eyebrows a little bit, patting the girls back.

"Yeah." Adelaide replied before the redhead pulls away. "I think I should be saying that to you though." She points out as the woman was presumed dead for quite some time.

"Everyone's okay? Simon?" Clary questions as she glanced around the group.

"He's fine. Everyone's fine." Jace assures her and she nods her head. Alec places his hand on Adelaide's back, gesturing for her to start moving.

"Let's head back to the institute."

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

THEY WERE STOOD IN THE MAIN ROOM OF THE INSTITUTE, when they saw Simon and Isabelle come rushing towards them. "Clary!" Simon shouts, catching her attention. He runs over to her, enveloping her in a hug. "Am I dreaming?" He asks as he holds onto her tightly and Clary laughs as she shakes her head, pulling away from him.

"No."

"Hi." Isabelle says with a smile before pulling the girl in for a hug. Clary smiles as she hugs her back. "Tell me where Jonathan is. Im gonna kill that son of a bitch with my bare hands." She states as she looks at the woman.

"You can't. None of us can." Jace tells them and Isabelle looks towards him with a confused look on her face.

"Why?" Simon asks as he looks around the group.

"Lilith carved this rune into me right before your mark blasted her back to hell." Clary says as she moves her shirt to reveal the mark to them.

"The rune casts Clarys life force to Jonathan's." Alec tells them and Simon looks towards Clary who had her eyes on the ground.

"Hurt one of them, you hurt the other in the exact same way." Luke states and Isabelle only sighs as she places a hand on her hip.

"Which is why I sent an alert out to the other institutes. Jonathan must be found alive." Alec says as he brings it up on the screen.

"He was looking for a sword when he was in Paris. The morning star. If we can find it first, maybe we can track down Jonathan." Clary explains to them.

"Another magic sword?" Simon asks with a scoff and Clary nods her head.

"He said it was some sort of family heirloom."

"I'll reach out to all of the weapons masters to gain Intel." Isabelle tells them, it was one of the only ways they will probably be able to know about it.

"I'll draw all the ley line junctions in the city. If Jonathan moved the apartment, we'll find him." Magnus states as he looks over at Clary who gives them a grateful smile.

"Thank you, all of you. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you." Clary admits with a sigh, shaking her head.

"Die." Adelaide states and she only earns a look from everyone in the room. "Too soon, got it." She says as she rocks back and forth on her feet. Clary shakes her head, smiling at the raven haired girl.

"That's what family's for, Fray." Simon tells her with a smile. Clary returns it, rubbing her hands together.

"All right, let's get to work." Alec tells them and a few of them walk away but Clary moved to stand next to Adelaide.

"Jonathan talked about you a lot." Clary states and Adelaide sighs as she rolls her eyes a little bit.

"Of course he did." She replies, putting her hands on her hips. "Does he want all three of us to be one big happy family?" Adelaide asks her as she raises an eyebrow at the redhead.

"Sort of. But don't worry, I told him that you'd tell him to go suck it." Clary says and Adelaide gasps, her hand moving to her chest.

"You've really grown on me." Adelaide states as she puts her hand on the girls shoulder. Clary smiles, laughing lightly. Adelaide glances at Jace who only kept nudging her. He moves his head to the side and Adelaide got what he meant. "Geez, I'll leave." She says with a laugh as she gives Clary a certain look. Clary only smiles at the girl before Adelaide walks away, leaving them to talk on their own.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE KNOCKS ON THE DOOR OF ISABELLES ROOM, seeing the woman sitting on her bed, a computer on her lap.
"

Iz." She says, catching the woman's attention as she looks over at Adelaide.

"Hey." Isabelle responds with a smile, gesturing for her to come in. Adelaide walks over to her, sitting beside her on the bed.

"It feels like we haven't hung out in forever." Adelaide admits as she couldn't remember the last time they were alone together.

"Maybe that's because you spend every waking minute with or fighting with Alec." Isabelle states with a smirk playing on her lips. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows as she stares at Isabelle.

"I do not." She denied with a gasp and Isabelle laughs at her.

"You kind of do." Isabelle teases her and Adelaide playfully rolls her eyes.

"Whatever." Adelaide says with a shake of her head and Isabelle only smiles at her. "I'm sorry for not spending time with you aswell." She apologized as she knew they had barely talked let alone been friends.

"Apology accepted." Isabelle says with a smile as she nudges the woman. "How is my brother?" She asks curiously as she hadn't spoken with Alec in a while, or at least had a decent conversation.

"Good. I think." Adelaide says as she fiddles with her fingers."I don't know, he seems to be at least." She admits as she shrugs her shoulders. She could never really see what Alec was feeling most times.

"Trust me, when he's with you, he's perfect." Isabelle points out and Adelaide snorts, shaking her head.

"I doubt that."

"So, when will you actually be my sister ?" Isabelle questions as she crosses her legs on the bed once she puts her computer to the side.

"What?" Adelaide looks at her confused for a moment before it hit her what she meant. "Iz-" She starts to say but isabelle playfully rolls her eyes.

"Oh, come on. My brother is completely in love with you. It's not a stretch to ask."

"Does he even want to get married?" Adelaide asks as she furrows her eyebrows.

"Wasn't he going to marry Lydia?" Isabelle states as she remembered her brothers idiotic plan to get married to a woman he barely knew.

"As an obligation." Adelaide points out as she shrugs her shoulders. They hadn't really talked about it, or at least neither one of them had brought the discussion up.

"You really think he doesn't want to marry you?" Isabelle looks at her like she was crazy. Alec was completely in love, obviously he would someday pop the question.

"I don't know what to think." Adelaide admits as she brings her hands up to her head.

"Hm. Well, I will be the maid of honour, obviously." Isabelle states as she places her hands on her chest. Adelaide laughs, smiling at the woman.

"Obviously."

"So, what do you suggest we do? Shopping spree for old times sake?" Isabelle suggests and Adelaide groans as she shakes her head.

"I already have way too many clothes." She admits and Isabelle shrugs her shoulders.

"You can never have too many." Isabelle denies as she grabs into the girls arm. Adelaide rolls her eyes but the girl only jumps onto of her.

"Stop!" Adelaide screams as she laughs, feeling Isabelle start to tickle her sides. Adelaide tries to kick her away, laughing loudly. Isabelle smiles as she holds the girls arms down.

"Hey." Alec's voice interrupts them. They both glance over, noticing that he was lent against the door frame. Adelaide stops fighting against Isabelle.

"Hi." She responds as Isabelle finally gets off of her. Isabelle squints her eyes at her brother.

"We are hanging out today and you are not jeapordizing that." Isabelle states as she points at him. Alec raises his eyebrows at the woman.

"I'm just saying hi, Iz." Alec tells her and Isabelle only clenches her jaw a bit.

"I'm gonna take a quick shower so you can talk until I'm done." She replies, getting off of the bed and heading towards the bathroom.

"So, we're on your schedule?" Alec asks her and Isabelle only smirks at him as she goes to close the door.

"Mhm." As the door shuts, Alec just shakes his head before heading over to the bed. Sitting down next to her, he notices that she was just fiddling with her fingers.

"You okay?" He questions cautiously and she only nods her head. Adelaide meets his eyes, her gaze lingering over him.  "What?" He furrows his eyebrows and she just shakes her head, shrugging.

"Nothing." Adelaide bites the inside of her cheek as she looks back at him. "I just love you." She says as she stares at the man, a soft smile on her lips. Alec tilts his head, a slight chuckle leaving him.

"I love you too." Alec replies with a smile as he lifts his hand up to stroke her cheek. Adelaide leans in, pressing a kiss to his lips. Alec kisses her back, a sigh leaving his lips. As they pull apart, Adelaide rests her head on his chest. Alec wraps his arm around her, pulling her closer.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

sorry for the long wait on this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 30 11
𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐒 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐌 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐑 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓈 ➰ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒: 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 �...
5.6K 181 41
》BONUS BOOK ➹ . ➹ After finding a very ancient Angels book, the Lightwood-s and the Blackthorn-s will team up with Magnus Bane and Lucifer, the devi...
63.1K 1.1K 50
In the Shadow-world all the legends are true. From Werewolf's to Warlock, Vampires and angel/human hybrids called Shadowhunters, who fight demons for...
31.6K 590 99
Requests are closed Jace,Simon,Magnus,Raphael,Alec,Sebastian,Izzy,Maia,Clary