𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫 ☠︎︎ 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐜 𝐥�...

By quitsagb

[completed|not edited] They had defeated both Valentine and Jonathan, at least that's what they thought. Thei... More

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫
(1) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧
(2) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬
(3) 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥
(4) 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲
(5) 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲
(7) 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐳𝐚
(8) 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐞
(9) 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
(10) 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
(11) 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞
(12) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐫
(13) 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤
(14) 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
(15) 𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬
(16) 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫?
(17) 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩
(18) 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥
(19) 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝
(20) 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

(6) 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

1.3K 41 3
By quitsagb

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE SAT AT THE KITCHEN TABLE, scrolling the websites of greater demons, trying to find a connection. So far, no matter how many books she had opened or websites she scrolled through, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing that explained what was happening to her. And it made her angry because she knew it wasn't her going crazy. She knew that but what the voice was telling her to do, it was like she was persuaded into actually going through with it. And that terrified her.

"Adelaide?" Alecs voice comes from the bedroom door as he leans against the frame, rubbing his eyes.

"Hm?" She mumbles as a response as she just scrolls down the page she was looking at.

"What are you doing awake?" Alec asks as he had rolled over in the bed, only to find out she wasn't there. He had worried something had happened but seeing her sitting at the table surrounded by books wasn't what he had in mind.

"Just couldn't sleep." Adelaide tells him as she brushes her hair out of her face. "Go back to bed." She says as he makes his way over to her, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What is all of this?" Alec questions and she only sighs, not having the time to bring him up to speed with everything.

"Nothing." She mutters but Alec didn't take it as a sign to leave.

"Why are you researching greater demons?" Alec asks as he leans down to look at the screen but she only slams the computer shut before turning to face him.

"I said it's nothing, Alec." Her voice was a little firm as she just wanted him to not ask questions because she knew it would turn into a fight. "Please, just leave it." Adelaide pleads and he just stared down at her for a moment, his jaw clenching.

"Okay." He mutters before rolling his eyes slightly. "I guess I'll go back to bed then." Alec tells her, she could sense the anger in his tone as he made his way back to the bedroom before slamming the door. Adelaide sighs, resting her head on her hand. She swore, men were way more emotional than women.

Adelaide closes the books that were on the table, piling them up before placing her laptop beside it. She didnt want to argue with Alec and she definitely didn't want him to be angry with her. So, she decided that she would head to bedroom and make sure he was okay. But when she walked in, she saw him scrolling through her phone.

"Why the fuck are you going through my phone?" Adelaides voice was loud and accusatory as she places her hands on her hips. Alec physically jumps as he puts the phone down on the nightstand but it was way too late for that.

"I wasn't." He replies but he wouldn't even look at her, just keeping his eyes on the ground.

"I clearly saw you." Adelaide says as she glares at him, a scoff leaving her lips.

"It's not-" She couldn't believe he was trying to use the oldest excuse in the book.

"Its not, what? You know what it is? An invasion of privacy." Adelaide points out as she couldn't believe he would be so cheap and annoying.

"Maybe if you actually told me what was going on, I wouldn't have to go on your phone." Alec retorts as he crosses his arms against his chest. Adelaide only scoffs as she walks over to him, glaring at the man.

"What exactly do you think I'm keeping from you?" Adelaide asks as she simply didn't know why he decided to go through her phone all of a sudden.

"You tell me. It seems like a lot these days." He tells her and she only rolls her eyes at him.

"I'm just researching greater demons because of what happened to the ley lines, we still never found the one that did it." Adelaide tells him, part of it was that reason, but another part was because she wanted to be sure that she was right about the greater demon in her head. She didn't want to make Alec worried, that's why she was keeping it from him.

"Then why were you so secretive?" Alec questions and Adelaide groans, leaning her head back.

"Maybe cause I don't have to tell you every single little thing that I do." She sneers at him, she didn't have to tell him every little detail of her life and what she did even if they were together.

"But you're supposed to trust me." Alec says and Adelaide thought that was a bit hypocritacal after what he had just done.

"And I do!" She snaps at him as she grabs the phone off of the nightstand. Alec glanced down at his feet, fiddling with his fingers. "But apparently you don't trust me." Adelaide points out as she walks towards the door but he grabs her hand, pulling her to a halt.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have went through your phone." Alec apologizes but she only moves her hand out of his grasp. He furrows his eyebrows as he stares down at her. "I said I'm sorry." He says yet again but she only rolls her eyes, glancing up at him.

"Those words don't always fix things." Adelaide responds and Alec only clenches his jaw, looking down at his hands before he takes a step towards her. She squints her eyes as he places a kiss on her cheek. "What are you doing?" She asks, curious to see what his plan was.

"I'm sorry." He admits as he presses a kiss to her lips. Adelaide sighs as he moves down to her neck. "I'm sorry." Alec says once again as he places a soft kiss to her skin. Adelaide bites her bottom lip as she brings her hand to the base of his neck. "I'm sorry." He whispers as he presses yet another kiss on her neck. Adelaide couldn't help the hint of a smile that formed as she felt his lips and heard his whispers in her ear. But that wasn't all that she was hearing.

Kill him. Do it. Kill him, you know you want to. Adelaide only tenses, her eyes moving to his neck where her hand was. She tightens her grip just slightly, her eyes dropping all emotion for a moment. Alec moves his hand to her waist as he squeezes it, his lips moving over the nape of her neck. Adelaide blinks a few times, her eyes widening for a moment.

"Stop." She says and Alec pulls away from her. Adelaide only grabs her bag, moving away from Alec who was just staring at her confused.

"I'm just gonna go stay with Magnus tonight." Adelaide tells him and Alec frowns, not knowing if she was still mad at him or not because it seemed like she was more scared or sad than anything.

"You don't have to leave." Alec admits but Adelaide only blinks away her tears before looking towards him. She needed to leave, she needed to get away from him. At least for the night.

"Right now, Alec. I really..." She trails off, shaking her head as she tried to keep her composure. "I really just need some space." Adelaide tells him making his heart stop as he just watched her walk out of the room.

And with that she was gone.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

JACE KNOCKS ON THE DOOR OF ALECS OFFICE, seeing the man sitting at his desk, simply just staring down at his hands. Jace furrows his eyebrows as he walks in, finally getting Alec to glance at him. "You got a minute?" He asks and Alec only clenches his jaw, nodding his head as he lets out a sigh.

"Yeah.." Alec mutters as he rests his head in his hands, closing his eyes. Jace furrows his eyebrows as he glanced around the office before making his way over to the man.

"Is everything okay? Where's Adelaide, she's always with you." She teases but it didn't look like it was the time for jokes as Alec just leans back in his chair. "Did something happen?" Jace asks cautiously as he places his arms on his chest. Alec only bites the inside of his cheek.

"I was just an idiot, that's all." Alec answers him and Jace raises an eyebrow, small smirk forming on his lips.

"That's new." He says and Alec only glances towards him before staring back down at his hands.

"She said she needed space but she hasn't answered my texts or my calls today so I don't know whether she just needed space last night.. or from me." Alec explains to him and Jace nods his head, taking in all of the information. He knew Adelaide was dealing with a lot and maybe she really just needed time to herself.

"Adelaide never has been one to admit her feelings but at least she told you she needed space?" Jace says, at least noting that it was good she talked to him instead of just leaving without saying anything to him. Alec nods his head, licking his bottom lip.

"I guess." He mutters before sighing and leaning onto his desk, looking up at Jace. "What did you need? I heard you took the day off." Alec says and Jace nods his head, rubbing his hands together as he felt nervous all of the sudden.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking. About whats been going on with me and .." Jace trails off for a moment before meeting Alecs eyes. "I've decided to go to silent city to get some treatment. You were the one who said I needed to get some help. I'm sorry." He admits and Alec sighs, looking down at his hands for a moment. He knew he told the man to get some help but it was a huge risk going to see the silent brothers.

"Jace, you know if this doesn't work-" Alec starts and Jace nods his head, speaking over him as he knew what could happen.

"I know. But at least Ill know I tried everything." Jace tells him and Alec sighs but nods his head.

"I'm going with you. I'll be by your side the entire time." Alec replies and Jace only gives him a sad smile.

"You know you cant do that. They won't let you. This is one right I'll have to fight on my own." Jace says as he looks at Alec and the man only nods his head before pulling his parabatai in for a hug.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE SAT ON THE CHAIR IN THE MEETING ROOM OF THE INSTITUTE. She had wanted to go see Alec but she knew it wasn't the best time. Magnus told her to come over later so they could figure out what was going on. He said he knew of a way to maybe find out who was talking to her. She hears the door open making her glance over, only to see Isabelle poking her head inside. "Hey." She says gently as she had seen the girl slip inside the room. "Alecs been looking everywhere for you." Isabelle tells her and Adelaide only clenches her jaw, looking down at her hands.

"Just needed time to myself, Izzy." Adelaide responds and Isabelle nods her head, walking towards the girl and sitting down in the chair beside her.

"He told me what happened." Isabelle admits and Adelaide only rolls her eyes, the man had no idea what took place the other night

"He doesn't know what happened." She retorts which makes Isabelles eyebrows furrow as she stares at the girl confused.

"What?" Isabelle asks but Adelaide only lets out a sigh as she shakes her head.

"Nothing." She mumbles as she stares down at her hands. Isabelle sighs as she crosses her arms against her chest.

"Why are you pushing him away all of a sudden?" Isabelle asks her in an accusing manner making Adelaide roll her eyes. Just because she want to be around him twenty four seven, didn't mean she was pushing him away.

"God, I needed one day of space." She mutters with a scoff as she glares towards the younger Lightwood.

"But you acting like this around me it's like your the-" Isabelle starts to say when Adelaide cuts her off, squinting her eyes.

"Like I'm the what?" Adelaide asks and Isabelle's face only falls, her lips pressing tightly together.

"The old Adelaide." Isabelle tells her and Adelaide only rolls her eyes, looking away from her. "The one who always pushed people away." She states and Adelaide only bites the inside of her cheek.

"Maybe I had a reason." Adelaide snaps at her and Isabelle only stares at her for a moment. She clenches her jaw, trying to keep herself calm.

"Look, I understand-" Isabelle says, placing her hand on the girls knee but Adelaide only stands up abruptly.

"No, you don't!" She shouts as she brings her hand to her head. "You don't understand anything I am going through, neither you or Alec!" Adelaide tells her as she paces back and forth. Isabelle stands up, a sigh leaving her lips.

"Then tell me." She says as she crosses her arms against her chest. Isabelle didn't understand why she was suddenly putting up her walls again, especially with Alec. "Seriously, what is wrong with you?" Isabelle asks with a scoff which causes Adelaide to spin around and suddenly she was flying to the wall.

"You're the one who cannot seem to understand to take a hint and leave!" Adelaide screams at her as she glares at the woman who was grasping her throat. "Why must you just keep irritating me!" She asks, her voice harsh as she steps closer to the girl who was trying to catch her breath.

"A-adelaide." Isabelle gasps out as she looks down at the girl with teary eyes but Adelaide only tilts her head, increasing the power on her. Isabelle bangs her hand on the wall as she squeezes her eyes shut.

Clary, who had been walking past the room, had heard the commotion and decided to check it out. What she least expected was Isabelle to be held against the wall, choking while Adelaide just stood glaring at her.

"Adelaide! Let her go!" Clary screams at her making Adelaide snap out of it, looking towards the redhead. Isabelle falls to the ground, coughing as she grabs her throat. Adelaides eyes widen as she watches Clary rush to Isabelle.

"I-im sorry." Adelaide stutters out as she backs up, shaking her head before opening a portal and leaving them alone. Clary was just shocked by the events she just saw, her eyes looking at Isabelle.

"What just happened?" Clary asks but Isabelle just shakes her head, continuing to try and catch her breath as she held onto the redhead.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC SAT AT A TABLE IN THE RESTAURANT WITH HIS SISTER, JACE AND HIS MOM AS THEY LAUGHED ABOUT SOMETHING JACE HAD SAID. Maryse glanced around for a moment before her eyes settle on her son, furrowing her eyebrows. "Where's Adelaide tonight? I texted her but didn't get a reply." She asks as she looks at her children, all of whom share a knowing look. Maryse catches it, becoming confused. "Have I missed something?" Maryse questions as she wanted to know if Adelaide had hurt her son in any way.

"She just needs some space, that's all." Alec answers her and his mother only nods her head but she remained a little bit suspicious as to if he was telling her the truth.

"Oh." She hums out as she squints her eyes. "Are you sure that's all?" Maryse asks and Alec simply nods his head. She bites the inside of her cheek, wanting to ask something else when she notices the girl walking into the restaurant. "I guess she came after all." Maryse says making all of them look at her confused.

"What?" Alec asks as he turns in his seat but there Adelaide was, walking towards them.

"Adelaide, hey." Maryse says with a smile on her face and Adelaide just weakly returns it as she awkwardly walks towards them.

"Hey, Maryse." She responds as her eyes glance the others for a split second.

"Did you come to join us?" She asks and Adelaide only stares at them for a moment.

"Actually um.." Adelaide stops beside Jace, placing her hand on his shoulder and she simply glances up at her. Her eyes squint as he looks at her a certain way before she moves her eyes to Alec. She had just been at Magnus' and they had performed a spell to track the voice in her head. Why she was here? She had to figure out. "Alec, can I talk to you?" She asks the man who reluctantly nods his head as he glanced towards his sister.

"Yeah, sure." Alec replies as he stands up from the table, following her to the back room where she closed the door behind them. "Izzy told me that you attacked her." He didn't even waste a second before accusing her which Adelaide knew why but she only let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry for that, truly." Adelaide says as she knew she owed Isabelle a huge apology. But that wasn't what she came to talk about, her issue was way more important. "But I'm not here about that." She admits and Alec just lets out a scoff as he crosses his arms against his chest.

"I'm surprised you're here at all since all you've done is avoid me." Alec tells her as his voice was sharp and hostile. "You just walked out the other night." He sneers, his jaw clenching as he stares down at her with anger in his eyes.

"I just needed to figure things out." Adelaide says and he only rolls his eyes, feeling himself become more angry with every second.

"I didn't realize there was anything for you to figure out." He responds making her groan as she really didn't need to fight with him right now.

"Can you just listen to me?" Adelaide asks, her voice firm but he only glanced away from her. "I was able to extract part of the voice from inside me with Magnus' help. I was hoping it could be to who was doing this to me but it.." She let's out a sigh as she looks towards the door before her eyes settle on Alec. "It lead me to Jace." She states and Alec only furrows his eyebrows, confused on what the hell she was talking about.

"What are you talking about?" Alec asks as he just shrugs his shoulders, looking down at her.

"He hasn't been himself, Alec. You've noticed it." She points out but Alec only lets out a sigh, shaking his head.

"But he went to the silent brothers-" Alec tells her but Adelaide only cuts him off. She wasn't going to believe he was all better just because Jace said he was.

"And now he's just magically better? Even the silent brothers takes a while." Adelaide states and Alec only clenches his jaw, looking away from her. "Something's wrong with him and the look that he gave me..I can't explain it." She says as she shakes her head. Jace had looked at her with such a subtle smirk and his eyes, there were no emotions behind them.

"I don't have time for this." Alec mutters as he shakes his head, letting a sigh leave his lips.

"You're his parabatai. You have to feel something wrong with him." Adelaide tells the man who only glares down at her and she could practically feel the anger radiating off of him.

"I feel a lot of things right now but not for Jace." He snaps as he took a step away from the girl who only frowns. She knew she would've hurt him by walking out but she didn't think he'd be this mad.

"I'm sorry." Adelaide apologizes, going to grab his hand but he only moves it out of her grasp.

"Weren't you the one that said that those two words don't always fix things?" Alec asks with a scoff, glaring down at her. She only frowns as she knew he was hurt by what she said. But she did have a reason, but he did too. Alec turns around, heading for the door. Adelaide closes her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I wanted to kill you." She builds up the courage to say, making Alec stop dead in his tracks. He slowly turns his head to her, a look of pure shock on his face as he was really hoping that he didn't hear her correctly.

"What?" Alec asks, his voice barely above a whisper as he stares at her wide eyed.

"The voice in my head, when you were kissing me it told me to kill you and for a moment.." Adelaide trails off, squeezing her eyes shut as she felt the tears build up in her eyes. "I actually wanted to." She tells him and Alec only looks down at the ground before taking a step towards her. "That's why I left. I didn't want to hurt you." Adelaide admits as she finally glanced up at the man who was only staring down at her with saddness in his eyes.

"Why not just tell me?" Alec asks as he would've found someway to help her.

"You know what I did to Izzy. I was petrified." She says as she knew what she did to Isabelle was with her subconscious, she was terrified to find out what else she would do.

"Adelaide." He says softly as he puts his hand on her arm, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I don't know what's happening to me or who's doing it." Adelaide says as her voice cracks. She shakes her head as she looks up at the man. "But I'm scared." She admits, tears flowing from her eyes causing Alec's heart to break. "I'm really scared, Alec." He just pulls her into a tight hug, holding her close and closing his eyes. He allows her to break down because that's what she needed. Alec knew something was wrong with her because sure, she would ignore him but he knew she would never lay a hand on Isabelle.

They just had to stop whoever was corrupting her mind before it was too late.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

EVERYONE STOOD IN THE OPS CENTRE AS SIMON HAD BROUGHT CLARY TO THE INSTITUTE AFTER SHE WAS ATTACKED. The thing is, she had told them who had attacked her and that was what made everyone shocked. Especially leaning of the identity of the owl. "Jace is the owl? How is that possible?" Isabelle asks as she furrows her eyebrows, crossing her arms against her chest.

"This whole time, it wasn't his mental health. He was possessed." Alec says as he felt bad for convincing Jace that he needed to take time off because he truly thought that he was developing what his mother had.

"By an extremely powerful greater demon who gave him the ability to turn mundanes into demonic killers." Magnus states as he sighs, leaning against the table.

"We've defeated greater demons before. We can do it again, and free Jace." Alec says but Magnus only shakes his head. It wasn't the same, because he knew exactly who it was.

"This isn't just any greater demon." He tells them and everyone looks towards him curiously, even Adelaide. "Clary was able to draw an image of the beast. It matches this image from the silent city archives." Magnus says as he placed the picture in front of them. "The demon is Lilith. Queen of edom. Adams first wife." He says making Adelaide just stare at the picture. She could see a resemblance to something she has seen in one of her dreams.

Magnus had told her that whoever was controlling the owl had come to his apartment looking for a potion. The potion that made Jace fall out of love with Clary. But if the person who came to him was Lilith, then that was who she spoke to outside of his apartment. Where she heard the voice.

"Adam as in garden of eden, Adam?" Isabelle asks, trying to grasp the concept of someone so old and powerful being the one who's terrorizing the city.

"The one and only." Magnus mumbles.

"So, what does that mean?" Simon asks as he still wasn't quite up to date with all the supernatural lingo and monsters that existed.

"Shes the mother of all demons." Magnus states making Simons eyes widen.

"She's more powerful than anything we've encountered. But of all people, why Jace?" Alec asks as he didn't get why Lilith went after Jace. There really wasn't any reason for her to pick him specifically.

"Alec.." Clary says, trailing off as his eyes move to her slowly. "what you felt that night, when your parabatai rune disappeared. You were right." She tells him and Alec's face drops as he listens to her. Adelaide closes her eyes for a second, biting the inside of her cheek. "Jace did die. Valentine killed him" She states and everyone's eyes widen but Alec and Adelaide had already suspected it.

"I knew it." Alec mumbles as he shakes his head, he knew they had been keeping a secret since Idris. His parabatai rune couldn't just reappear.

"If he died then how did he come back?" Simon questions as he looks down at Clary who only presses her lips together tightly, shaking her head.

"Because I made a wish to Raziel." Clary says and Adelaide just stared at her dumbfounded. She knew the angel was raised but she didn't realize that someone had actually used the one wish.

"You made the wish?" Isabelle asks as she raises an eyebrow at the redhead. She wanted to clarify it because if she actually did, then it was a big deal.

"I had to." Clary breathes out as everyone only stared at her in shock. "I had to, it was the only way to bring him back but it.. it made him vulnerable. To Lilith. To the beast that is powerful enough to murder itheriul." She explains to them as she cries, looking down at her hands. Adelaide gasps as she hears that Lilith had killed the angel.

"What?" Isabelle seems to mouth her thoughts, her jaw dropping.

"Because of me. Because I summoned him. Because I was trying to help Jace." Clary sniffles as she shakes her head before her eyes go to the older Lightwood who was only staring at her. "Alec, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have kept it from you. I know what position this puts you in with the clave so if you want to send me to the gard, that's fine." She explains to him as she understood what he had to do. He was head of the institute after all.

"Clary, no." Simon immediately denies but she only glanced at him. Alec only walks over to Clary, everyone becoming a little wary. He stops in front of her, staring down at the redhead as he squints his eyes.

Alec hugs her suddenly making the woman freeze for a moment as it caught everyone off guard, not just her. Clary eventually hugs the man back. "I would've done the same thing." Alec admits as he closes his eyes for a moment before pulling away from the redhead. Adelaide smiles at them before her eyes move to Magnus.

"And you're sure it's her?" She asks, making Magnus move his gaze to her curiously. "Lilith?" Adelaide adds and Magnus just nods his head.

"Yes. Why?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing and Adelaide only clenches her jaw, looking down at the table in front of her.

"Lilith is the one in my head. That's why I was researching greater demons. You said she was the woman at your apartment?" Adelaide questions and Magnus slowly nods yet again. "That's why I recognized her voice." She points out as she knew she had recognized it from somewhere, she just didn't figure it out until now.

"If Lilith is inside your head.." Magnus trails off, his mouth parting as he truly didn't know what to say.

"Can't you do anything for her?" Isabelle asks as her voice was fully of worry and concern. She didn't like the thought of a greater demon, let alone Lilith, being the voice that's been telling Adelaide what to do.

"I'm afraid my magic is no match for Lilith." Magnus says as he shakes his head, he could barely go up against his father let alone the queen of hell.

"But I don't understand. How could she get inside my head? And why me?" Adelaide asks as that was the one part she couldn't figure out. Sure, it was possible that Lilith was able to get inside her head but the question was why.

"I think I can answer that." A voice says making them all turn to see Dean standing behind them. Adelaide stares at her father as he walks over to them. "I wasn't absolutely certain until now." He admits and this just causes a wave of confusion to wash over everyone.

"Certain about what?" Alec asks as he stands next to Adelaide, his hand on her back, rubbing it soothingly.

"Your mother was so set on becoming a mother.. on having you but obviously she couldn't, especially with a shadowhunter." Dean starts, knowing that Marissa desperately wanted a child but it just wasn't possible with neither him nor his brother. "She told me that she went to a greater demon for help." He says making everyone's eyes widen as they now understood the Lilith connection. "I didn't know which one until now." Dean says with a sigh as he rests his hands on the table, leaning forward.

"You think my mother went to Lilith to help conceive a child?" Adelaide asks curiously as it did make sense how she was able to create one if she had Lilith's help. But even Lilith can't bare a child. It was possible she did a spell.

"There is no way for a greater demon to get inside your head, Adelaide. Not when you're this powerful." Dean points out as now that she had her mother's powers, it practically made a barrier around her unknowingly. Only a powerful demon or warlock could break through it. "But the night you returned from Idris, you were vulnerable and she had opportunity and she already had a way in." He says as her being so weak because of her fight with Valentine and using her powers when she wasn't allowed, it created a crack for Lilith to slip her way in.

"A way in?" Adelaide just stared at him confused. None of this was making sense to her.

"Lilith gave some of her blood to your mother, she knew that it would be able to link with child that she creates." Dean explains to her making Adelaide just stare at him.

"But all warlocks are children of demons." Adelaide points out as all warlocks had elements of their parents inside of them, she didn't understand what was so different.

"But this connection that you have is different. It's not like being a child of a demon." Dean tells her and she only furrows her eyebrows, not quite grasping what he was trying to tell her. Dean lets out a sigh as he glanced down at the table for a moment before meeting her eyes again.

"Lilith was able to get inside your head because a piece of her is already inside."

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

comment what you thought
like, follow + check out my other stories
tiktok: @ quitsagb

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 1K 74
(Sequel to Alec's Last Arrow. ) Not all Angels are born with wings. After the fight with Jonathan, the New York Institute is left devasted. Isabelle...
61.4K 1.2K 52
Everyone knows about Alec and Izzy Lightwood from New York, and their adopted brother Jace Wayland, But no one knows of their little sister who stays...
4.3K 83 23
Simon and Clary become shadowhunters after they run into Alec, Jace, and Isabelle.
5.8K 180 68
Jocelyn didn't leave Valentine after the uprising. Eighteen years later, Jonathan and Clarissa developed to young and deadly Shadowhunters. Demonic b...