𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫 ☠︎︎ 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐜 𝐥�...

By quitsagb

[completed|not edited] They had defeated both Valentine and Jonathan, at least that's what they thought. Thei... More

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫
(2) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬
(3) 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥
(4) 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲
(5) 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲
(6) 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧
(7) 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐳𝐚
(8) 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐞
(9) 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
(10) 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
(11) 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞
(12) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐫
(13) 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤
(14) 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
(15) 𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬
(16) 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫?
(17) 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩
(18) 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥
(19) 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝
(20) 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

(1) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

2.2K 59 0
By quitsagb

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

THERE IS ALWAYS AN END TO EVERY STORM. When the winds die down, when the rain stops. When the noise is suddenly silenced like with a quick snap of the universes fingers. You're left to pick up the pieces of the damage the storm has left behind. Trees uprooted, power lines down, houses torn to shreds. The best way to get through a storm is to seek shelter, to not put yourself in danger by going out into the eye. By staying in one place like an anchor. Keeping you and your loved ones safe. But it's only when the noise stops and the silence settles in, when the storm is finally over, that you learn who was strong enough to survive it.

Maybe there's a reason why some people love to be alone. To never let people push their way past the barriers they have set up. It wasn't as if they would be happy by themselves but If you never let people in, you can never experience heartbreak. To love someone so much, only to have it fall to pieces, ripped from your world without warning, without reason. Because what if you found your anchor, your person, who you thought you'd be with forever... Only for it to disappear from your grasp. Being alone means escaping the eternal pain you experience from losing the thing you love most on this earth. Because losing what you love, cuts through your heart like death. Like you're dying of a broken heart. But the difference is, death ends. You just die. Everything stops. No more pain, no more fear, no more of the crushing anxiety that something bad is going to happen. Everything just comes to a stop. But life? When you lose something you love dearly and you're still alive? That's the hard part. Because you have to live with that pain, knowing that they're gone. You're still here. Alone. Only it isn't like what you wanted. You're alone with the thought of everyone you now try and love, will leave you just the same. But if you don't let someone else in, you're alone with pain and anguish that you have to suffer with everyday.

Dying is easy. What you should be scared of is living.

Blurs of motion scramble around Adelaide's room as she weakly blinks her eyes every few seconds. Voices merge together, combining to make one ocean like noise. A soft breath leaves her lips as she could feel a hand on her cheek, a person leaning over her. "Adelaide?" The voice asks as they look into her eyes but she only sees a faceless figure. Adelaide only keeps blinking as she hears more voices.

"Hey, Adelaide. Can you hear us?" Adelaide felt like her whole body was numb. She could barely move. She could barely breathe without the tingling sensation moving throughout her veins.

"I don't think she's fully conscious." She squeezes her eyes shut for a moment, a loud ring racking throughout her head. Adelaide groans as she opens her eyes again, yet still seeing the nameless faces leaning over her.

It was like she wasn't even inside her body. Her subconscious was the one desperately trying to push herself to speak. But Adelaide felt like she was just standing outside of her body, looking down at herself. Seeing how helpess and weak she was, laying on the floor, not being able to even lift a finger.

"Call Magnus. Get him here now." Adelaide furrows her eyebrows, another soft breath leaving her as she feels someone lean close to her, she could see their hands rubbing her shoulders but she couldn't feel a thing.

"You're gonna be okay." Adelaide felt her eyes slowly begin to close.  One last breath leaves her lips before her head turns to the side, slipping back into the unconscious world.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

MAGNUS SITS BY ADELAIDE'S SIDE AS HE WATCHES THE GIRLS EYES OPEN SLOWLY. He had taken her back to his apartment because at least then he had the ingredients to make a potion if needed. He smiles down at her, his hand holding hers as Alec stood near the wall. "Hey, buttercup." Magnus says softly as he glanced at her. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows as she looks around the room. "You're awake." He says as he brings his hand up to stroke her cheek. Adelaide just brushes it off, her face full of confusion.

"What happened?" Adelaide asks, her voice weak as she felt her breathing increase a little bit.

"You collapsed in your bedroom. You're alright now but I want to keep you here just until you feel back at your full strength." Magnus explains to her and she only stares back up at him, looking a bit out of it. "Adelaide, can you hear me?" He asks as the girl didn't seem to comprehend what he just said. Adelaide only slightly nods her head but her eyebrows were still furrowed.

"Yeah." She mutters as her eyes close for a moment.

"I don't think she's fully aware yet." Magnus says as he could tell how weak she was but she shouldn't be like this. She shouldn't have passed out the way that she did.

"Is it because of Idris?" Alec asks as he crosses his arms against his chest. He knew that using her magic in Idris is what made her weak, so weak that valentine had almost killed her.

"No, I don't think Idris has anything to do with it." Magnus denies as he furrows his eyebrows, looking over Adelaide once more. The girl wouldn't be affected like this, it seemed that during her time of vulnerability after Valentine, something else had occurred.

"Warlocks can't use their powers there though." Alec points out but Magnus just shakes his head, putting his hand on her forehead as the girl groans, her eyes fluttering up slowly.

"I think it's something much worse than just Idris." Magnus says as he meets the girls eyes, offering a comforting smile. "Sweetheart?" He asks, wondering if she actually recognized him now. Adelaide only goes to sit up, but Magnus holds her shoulders down. "You just rest here, everything is going to be okay." He tells her but she only glances around the room.

"Where's Jace?" Adelaide asks, her eyes widening with fear as she stared back at Valentine. Magnus only looks at her confused, his head turning to Alec.

"Jace is at the institute, why?" Alec asks as he watches the girls breathing start to get heavier. Adelaide gets a flash of Jace being stabbed, his heart stopping, his eyes closing. Adelaide pushes herself away from Magnus making the man stand up.

"What did you do to him?" Adelaide asks, anger in her eyes making Magnus furrow his eyebrows. He had no idea what she was talking about. She just glares back at the man who had killed her best friend.

"Adelaide, it's Magnus." Magnus says, meeting her eyes but her expression didn't change once. "Look at me, you're alright." He states as he was trying to calm her down. He reaches his hand to hers but she only rips her arm away from him.

"No, get off of me!" Adelaide shouts as she moves back on the bed to get away from the man. Magnus goes to move closer but stops for a moment as he sees the girl tense. The only thing she saw was valentine coming ever so closer to her.

"I think she's hallucinating." Magnus tells Alec who was cautiously moving towards them. "Adelaide, you need to listen to me. It's Magnus. You're okay." He assures her as he reaches out for her again but she only pushes him backwards.

"No!" She screams as she glares at Magnus. Alec quickly moves towards her, grabbing at her hands making the girls eyes seem to shoot out of her head.

"Hey, hey." Alec says in a soft voice, his hands holding hers down. "It's Alec, you're alright." He tells her but the girl only starts to fight against him.

"Let go of me!" Adelaide demands as she tries to pull her hands away from his. Alec frowns as he just tightens his grip on her.

"Adelaide-" He starts to say but is cut off.

"I said let go!" She screams, her powers sending a Shockwave out, throwing everyone around her into the wall. Adelaide uses the now free space to rush out of the door, leaving Alec and Magnus groaning on the floor. Alec grabs his phone, hitting a number as he lays on the wood, trying to catch his breath.

Adelaide rushed out of the apartment, her heart pumping at a thousand beats per minute. Her head spins around as her eyes were bulging out of her head. Are you looking for me? Adelaide gasps as she turns her body in the opposite direction but there was none there. I'm no someone you can find, adelaide. I just want to help you, help you see your full potential. Adelaide leans against the wall of the building, grabbing her head as she slides down the wall.

"We found her, Alec." Luke says, walking over to the girl who was just rocking back and forth. He furrows his eyebrows as he glanced at Raphael and Maia. "Yeah, we were right outside." He states as he looks down at Adelaide who didn't seem to even awknowledge that they were standing in front of her.

"It's Raphael, can you hear us?" The vampire asks as he carefully takes a step forward toward the girl. Adelaide shakes her head as she feels like her mind was playing tricks on her. She glanced up, seeing the body of valentine next to her. Shadowhunters make you weak, you need to be free of them.

"No, get out!" Adelaide shouts loudly causing Raphael to jump back in surprise. He looks towards Alec and Magnus who were rushing out of the building. "Get out!" She says again as she hits her head back against the building.

"What's wrong with her?" Maia asks as she stares at the girl, in full shock and confusion.

"Adelaide?" Luke asks carefully as he takes a step closer but Magnus only puts his arm out in order to stop the werewolf.

"I wouldn't get close to her if I were you." Magnus says before bending down in front of the girl. He would be the least bit hurt because at least now he knew that she might use her powers against him which he can block. "Buttercup?" He asks, seeing if maybe saying her nickname would bring her back. Fortunately for him, Adelaide lifts her head slowly, her eyes meeting his. "Hey, it's okay." Magnus assures her as he sees the tears in her eyes but he could also see fear.

"I-i can't.." She shakes her head repeatedly, her hands gripping her hair as she squeezes her eyes shut. She felt the laughter of the woman as flickers of Valentine still appeared. Adelaide felt like she was going crazy but she heard the woman talk to her, it was not her own voice. Someone else was inside of her head.

"What can't you do?" Magnus asks as he slowly but surely put his hand on her knee. Adelaide only keeps her eyes shut, flashes of an unknown woman entering her mind. She groans as she hits her head with her hand. You're more like me then you realize, Adelaide.

"The voices. The voices wont-" Adelaide stops herself as she hears the woman laughing again. You can't get rid of me that easily. I am a part of you now. "Get out!" She screams as she pulls at her hair, locks of it between her fingers. Magnus tries to remove her hand but she just fought against him.

"Do you hear me Adelaide?" Magnus asks once again as she didn't seem to once glance at him. The warlock only lets out a sigh, raising his hand to her forehead before muttering something underneath is breath. Adelaide's voice stops as she falls forward, Magnus catching her in his arms.

"What did you do?" Alec asks, his eyes wide as he looked at the unconscious girl. Magnus sighs as he picks the girl up before turning to face everyone.

"It just put her to sleep. She was more harm to herself awake." Magnus tells them as he looks down at Adelaide who was now asleep in his arms. Luke shakes his head, he has no idea what had just taken place, it didn't seem like any of them did.

"What the hell just happened?" He asks the warlock, hoping maybe he could shed some light on it. But Magnus only frowns, shaking his head.

"I have no idea." Magnus says honestly as he had never seen her act this way. He hadnt seen anyone act this way just because of using their powers in Idris. Something underlying was happening here, he just couldn't figure out what. "But this is not Idris." He tells them as he glanced up at the group who were all beyond worried for the girl. Magnus turns his head back to Adelaide, brushing her hair out of her face with a small sigh. Whatever it is..

He knew it wasn't good.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

JACE, CLARY AND ISABELLE STOOD IN THE BEDROOM, they had been called after the events that had taken place just an hour prior. Alec decided that it was best to loop them in, in case they knew anything that they didn't. But it seemed like they were just as confused as they didn't understand why Adelaide had attacked them. "Wait, so what happened?" Jace asks, trying to grasp what they were saying as he crosses his arms against his chest. Magnus let's out a sigh as he rubs his face for a moment

"She woke up and she seemed a little bit out of it. But then she asked about you Jace, asking what we did to you." Magnus states making the blonde furrow his eyebrows, his eyes moving to Adelaide for a second. "Then she just went out of control and attacked us. Luckily Luke, Maia and Raphael were still outside but she kept mentioning voices." He tells them as he sees the shocked expressions on their faces. She definitely was not in her right mind if she had attacked them, Adelaide would never do something like that.

"Voices?" Isabelle asks, her voice laced with confusion as Magnus nods his head.

"Inside her head. She wanted them to get out."  Magnus tells them and Clary looks over at Adelaide for a moment.

"Did she say what kind of voices?" She questions but Magnus only shakes his head.

"She was delirious. I don't even think she knew where she was or who was speaking to her." Magnus states, the girl never once looked at anyone like she had recognized them. Instead, it was either fear, anger or everything in between.

"What can we do?" Isabelle asks the warlock who only shakes his head. There wasn't much that they were able to do until they knew what they were really dealing with.

"Nothing until she regains consciousness." Magnus replies making the girl sigh as she glanced down at the ground.

"I don't get it. She was fine a few hours ago." Jace points out as she hadn't collapsed right after the fight or even in the bar last night, only when she had gotten back to the institute this morning.

"Something must have changed, or is just now showing up." Magnus answers him but in retrospect, he also didn't know why she had suddenly collapsed now.

"Did Valentine do anything to her in Idris?" Alec asks Jace and Clary, looking at the two of them who exchange a confused expression. Sure, they didn't see much of the fight between Adelaide and Valentine but they only saw him with his seraph blade.

"No, he just attacked her with a seraph blade." Clary answers and Alec only sighs, turning back to Adelaide as resting his head against their hands. Magnus frowns as he takes a step closer to him.

"I can stay with her Alexander, I know you have -" Magnus starts to say but Alec only cuts him off because he wasn't going to leave her. He didn't care if he had priorities at the institute, someone else could deal with it for a day.

"I'm fine right here." Alec states firmly as he tightens his hold on Adelaide's hand. He wasn't going anywhere, not until he saw that she was okay with his own two eyes. He didn't know what had just happened or what the voices she heard were, but in that moment he didn't care.

All he cared about was that she was okay.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE LETS OUT A LIGHT GROAN AS HER EYES OPEN, feeling something on her arm as she blinked a couple of times. She felt her body ache and her head pound but she didn't know whether or not if it was because of the light in the room or if she had hit her head. "Adelaide?" Alec asks as he sees the girls eyes are open. He leans closer to her, seeing the girls eyebrows furrow as her eyes adjust to the light. "Adelaide, can you hear me?" He questions as he puts his hand on her cheek, stroking it lightly. Her eyes meet his, and there was a sense of familiarity that shone through them.

"Alec?" Adelaide asks and he only smiles down at her, nodding his head. Alec sighs in relief, glad that she at least knew who she was talking to.

"Yeah, yeah it's me." Alec tells her as the girl stared up at him. He leans down, pressing a kiss to her head, staying there for a moment. "It's Alec." He whispers, closing his eyes before pulling away, seeing the confused expression on her face.

"W-what happened?" Adelaide asks as she couldn't remember much. Alec shakes his head, offering a comforting smile.

"You're okay." Alec assures her and she goes to sit up but her arms were latched down. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows, moving her eyes to one of her arms, seeing that it was tied.

"Why am I restrained." She questions and Alec immediately starts to undo the restraints. Magnus had put them on just incase she woke up and was still not aware of her surroundings. It was to keep everyone safe.

"Do you remember anything at all?" Alec asks as she brings her wrists to her chest, rubbing them lightly. Adelaide sits up, trying to remember what she had been doing.

"I was talking to Raphael.." Adelaide trails off, she remembered seeing her nose bleed and then her whole mind just became fuzzy. "I passed out." She states as she glanced around the room but Alec only grabbed one of her hands.

"It's okay, hey I'm right here." Alec tells her as he sees the tear that left her eye. "You're okay." He assures her and Adelaide only shakes her head. The voice. She did remember the voice. Adelaide didn't really remember if anyone was around her or talking to her but she did remember vividly that someone, a woman, was telling her things that she didn't want to hear.

"They were saying horrible things." Adelaide tells him as tears form in her eyes. Alec furrows his eyebrows, his hand coming up to her cheek. She only places her hand on top of his, closing her eyes.

"Who was saying these things?" Alec asks softly as he didn't want to put too much pressure on her right now. She could answer when she wanted to and tell him as little as she could.

"A-a woman." Adelaide says, her face contorting into confusion as she thinks to herself. She definitely knew it was a woman's voice but she had never heard it before. "I don't know." She admits with a sigh as she opens her eyes, meeting Alecs. He only gives her a comforting smile, his free hand rubbing her thigh.

"It's okay." Alec assures her as he presses a kiss to her cheek. Adelaide immediately climbs into his lap, with him being so close. "That's good, that's good to know." He tells her as he holds her against him, rubbing her back as the girl clings to him.

"What's wrong with me Alec?" Adelaide asks, her voice breaking as she held onto him. Alec sighs as he didn't want her to think there was something actually wrong with her. There had to be some explanation behind it all. But of course, he didn't know what that explanation was.

"I don't know." He admits, resting his head against hers. Adelaide sniffles as she closes her eyes, her fingers gripping the fabric of his shirt. "But we're gonna figure it out." Alec assures her as he tightens his hold around her. "I'll figure it out." He promises as he closes his eyes, a sigh leaving his lips as he lets his head rest against her shoulder.

Adelaide was glad that she had Alec in her life. She was glad that she had finally taken down the boundaries that she had set up for herself. Because sometimes boundaries end up not what you expect them to be. Instead of keeping people out, they fence you in and you become swarmed in your own little bubble full of self doubt and loneliness. Falling for Alec was probably the best thing that ever happened in her life. But she was afraid that she was spiraling down a dark hole. And since she let him cross the boundary, he would coming crashing down with her.

Some people say that ignorance is bliss. If you don't know something, then it can't get worse. Once you find out about it, you can never go back. Like a cancer diagnosis or Alzheimer's disease. You spend the rest of your days, knowing the inevitable is coming. So maybe not knowing what was happening to her was the best thing. Because those people were right, ignorance was bliss. Since the moment she started to find out the truth. The moment that truth became aware to her.

The inevitable would arrive.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 446 25
Alec Lightwood has secrets and a secret past that could come back and hurt not only him but the people he loves and cares about.
32.2K 769 32
Started: 21st November 2021 Finished: 3rd March 2022 {Alec Lightwood x OFC} {Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments} {Season 3A} {Book 3 of 4} {2021}
15.6K 1K 74
(Sequel to Alec's Last Arrow. ) Not all Angels are born with wings. After the fight with Jonathan, the New York Institute is left devasted. Isabelle...
4K 143 26
I thought I was battling danger, turns out I am the danger. Maddie Lightwood... signing off. [Shadowhunters: Season 3A]