The Tyrant King's Queen

By anjay_writess

"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60/Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1(First day of spring.)
New Book!-His Mail Order Bride

Chapter 28

14.9K 664 20
By anjay_writess

      Maya still stood there long after Fleurie had gone, an impassive look on her face. Only on the outside however. It was a struggle to keep her emotions in check, her hands fisted at her sides and her throat bobbed as she swallowed.

     " Are you alright, your majesty?" Olivia asked cautiously behind her as she watched the queen's unnaturally pale face, hers etched with worry.

      " I'd like to be left alone, please." Maya muttered without looking at them. Thankfully her voice was calm.

     They nodded promptly, walking away immediately. Soon it was just her at the hallways. Maya turned around, walking all the way to the office in the measured steps of hers. Entering into the room, she locked the door behind her.

     All alone, Maya began trembling, her legs almost giving away. She bent over, panting like someone who had run a marathon. Maya almost fell to a heap to the ground, her heart racing. Her throat closed up, Maya felt like she was suffocating. She placed her hands on her chest, trying to dislodge whatever was hurting her there. Nothing worked and tears began stinging her eyes.

      That bitch! Maya gritted underneath her breath, her body trembling. Her heart felt like they had been sliced open, all her negative emotions rushing up to the surface at once.Feeling faint, Maya sagged on the floor,her body shaking.

      It took a while for her to finally be in control of her body. Staring at her trembling fingers, Maya bit her lips. That bitch words has had the desired effect on her and now more than anything, she was terrified of loosing Dexter. The thought of being away from Dexter filled her dread and almost made her throw up.

       She can't lose him! She won't let that witch have her way!  Her eyes filled with fire and determination, Maya glared at her still trembling hands.  She's going to do everything she can, anything possible to make sure she doesn't lose favor in the sight of Dexter.
.
.
.
      It took a while before Dexter saw her later that day. She'd been neck deep in work when he knocked on the door and walked in. She glanced up, happy to see him. He walked inside the room, a soft smile okay. He stilled Immediately on seeing the look on Maya's face.

      " What happened?! Why are you so pale?" He asked, unable to keep the alarm from his voice. Maya tried to hide it with a smile but failed terribly. Dexter Immediately rushed up to her, tilting her face so he look at her closely.

     He noticed the bite marks on her lips and his eyes darkened further. " What happened?" He asked again, his voice grave. Maya weakly pushed away from him, heaving a sigh. She fell silent for so long, Dexter was beginning to think she wouldn't reply. All of a sudden she blurelted out.

      " I saw Fleurie this morning." She began. " She said... Some things."

      It was Dexter's turn to go blank. " What?"  Then his eyes narrowed. " Did she do anything? Did she try to hurt you?!"

       "No." Maya replied, shaking her head.

       " Then, what happened?"

      " We just talked." Maya replied. The look Dexter gave her showed he didn't believe anything she said. She let out a breath, worrying her lower lip.

     " Who is she and why is she here with us?"  Maya asked instead.

        Dexter groaned, rubbing his forehead.

      " She was betrothed to my brother but since I killed him. So that sort bof rendered her   I honestly didn't pay attention to her after took over the kingdom and she's supposed to go back where to wherever she came from but she keeps staying behind." He groaned under his breath, clearly displeased.

      Then he cradled Maya closer, patting her hair. " Is she bothering you? Do you want me to get her out?" He asked.

       Maya immediately shook her head, hinting at her refusal.  She was scared if that if he orders her out, her reputation will worsen and it will prove that she indeed hides behind Dexter. She didn't want that to happen at all.

       " Can I ask something?" She muttered instead, looking up at him.

       " What is it?"

      " If she gets out of hand, can I take care of her?"

       He held her hands then. " Of course you can."

        Maya felt relief at his words. " Thanks." She muttered, smiling at him. Then placed her head on his chest.

       " I missed you." She muttered against his chest, her hands going around his waist.

       " I know." He muttered. "That's why I came to see you." Maya looked up at him, flashing a smile.

       " You still look pale. Did you eat?" He asked, stroking her hair.

       Slowly, she shook her head. " I couldn't stomach a lot of food this morning." She admitted sheepishly.

      Dexter pursed his lips as his gaze turned serious once again. " I cannot have you fainting on me." He murmured under his breath.

      She chuckled hearing those words, sighing softly afterwards. He turned around. "Where are your handmaids—Guards!" He bellowed out, his loud voice resounding in the room. It didn't take long for the door to burst open, a guard rushing in. He bowed immediately.

       " Get some food for the queen." He ordered.

       " Yes, your majesty!" The guard replied before hurrying back outside. The room fell silent once again.

        " What if I still don't eat?" She asked, slightly worried.

       " Don't worry, I'll feed you."he said, a side of his lips curling upwards as he stared down at her.

      She smiled as an image of him feeding her filled her head, causing her heart to flutter. She indeed is lucky meeting someone like him. What would happen if she lost him? Dread filled her at the thought and her arms gripped him possessively.  She couldn't let it happen. Never. No one will Dexter away from her. Not on her watch.
.
.
.
      Fleurie was already making prepations of her plans. She had called on the Hegar, the royal accountant, inviting him to her room.

     " You called on me, your highness." He said in a respectful tone.

      " I hear you're teaching the queen how to manage the castle, are you not?" She asked, taking a sip of her tea.

       " Yes, I am. " He replied, nodding.

       " And I hear she's been struggling in that aspect."

      Hegar hesitated a while, choosing hsu words correctly. " She's been improving, your highness, I'm sure that as time goes on, she'll get used to it."

       Fleurie's lips twitched. " Don't make it easy for her. Fail everything she does. Let us see how incompetent she really is."

       Hegar stared at Fleurie, a puzzled look on his face. " Excuse me?!"

        " You heard what I said. I will not be repeating myself. Give her the most complicated records you can gather and make sure she makes mistakes. If you can do it, there would be a reward for you. If you fail, there would be an equal punishment." Fleurie stated.

         Hegar shifted on his seat. He didn't have the heart to go against the king but thanks to her father's influence, Fleurie was just as powerful as well. If she stated there would be a punishment, there sure will.

       " I will do my best." He murmured, his voice low.

         " Good, I will be expecting your results. You're dismissed." She muttered, motioning for him to leave. Hegar stood up and bowed his head, walking out of the room.

        A small smile hit her lips once she was alone. This was just the beginning. There's a lot on the way. All that is left is for Maya to fall into the carefully elaborated plan.

      This time, there would be no escape.

   Maya Herald....

    Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment! See you in the next chapter!!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.6K 66
This story is complete ✅ Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...
150K 5.2K 48
"Is love supposed to feel this intoxicating?" ••• ⚠️TW: depictions of SA. Crude language. Violence. YANDERE ML! Read with care! ** means sex scenes •...
18.9K 515 62
I know she's in pain, yet I can't help but stare at her. She looks like she's just calmly sleeping, dreaming about who knows what. And, even though...
503K 10.4K 36
| Sequel to The Dynasty We Built | I tuck Luna into bed for the first time. The kiss I place on her cold forehead sends a shock through me. "She's mo...