The Human and the Hybrid | Lu...

Bởi SunnyJay9

You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number o... Xem Thêm

Author's Note & Bio | Season 1 (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 0 | Prologue
Before | 1
Chapter 1 | A Lying Witch and a Warden - Part 1
Chapter 1 | A Lying Witch and a Warden - Part 2
Intro | Season 1
Intro | Season 1 (Custom)
Chapter 2 | Witches Before Wizards - Part 1
Chapter 2 | Witches Before Wizards - Part 2
Chapter 3 | I Was A Teenage Abomination - Part 1
Chapter 3 | I Was A Teenage Abomination - Part 2
Chapter 4 | The Intruder - Part 1
Chapter 4 | The Intruder - Part 2
Chapter 5 | Coven•tion - Part 1
Chapter 5 | Coven•tion - Part 2
Chapter 6 | Hooty's Moving Hassle - Part 1
Chapter 6 | Hooty's Moving Hassle - Part 2
A/N | 1
Chapter 7 | Lost in Language - Part 1
Chapter 7 | Lost in Language - Part 2
A/N | 2
Chapter 8 | Once Upon a Swap - Part 1
Chapter 8 | Once Upon a Swap - Part 2
Owl Pellet | Lady Man with a Chocolate Bar
Chapter 9 | Something Ventured, Someone Framed - Part 1
A/N | 3
Chapter 9 | Something Ventured, Someone Framed - Part 2
Chapter 10 | Escape of the Palisman - Part 1
Chapter 10 | Escape of the Palisman - Part 2
Owl Chronicles | Interdimensional Complexities
Chapter 11 | Sense and Insensitivity - Part 1
Chapter 11 | Sense and Insensitivity - Part 2
Owl Special | New Year's Revolutions
A/N | 4 (+ Q&A)
Chapter 12 | Adventure in the Elements - Part 1
Chapter 12 | Adventure in the Elements - Part 2
Intro | Season 1 (mid-season update)

Owl Special | We Witch You A Merry Christmas

965 21 12
Bởi SunnyJay9

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change the pronouns for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

◈Special #1◈

◈From My Family To Yours◈

Published: ~December 25th, 2022~

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Well, except for Hooty.

The brown bird tube was thrilled for Christmas. The feeling was exhilarating to him and filled him with pure contentment. He wore a white face painting that appeared to be that of a snowman. His beak was orange and he also wore a top hat on his head.

He was making some hot chocolate for everyone in the house. He dumped a cocoa mixture into a pot. He went to stir it with his beak only for something to grab him there. Hooty looks over to see Eda with her hand tightened on his beak.

"Don't." She said.

"What? Why?" Hooty whined.

"I don't know where your beak's been." Eda shook her head. "Never say never."

"You said it two times." Hooty replied.

"So? I'm just saying nothing's impossible with you around." Eda shrugged. Hooty nodded his head in agreement after some thought. "You go make some more cookies. I'll finish the hot chocolate for you."

"On it!" Hooty joyously said.

Eda stirred the cocoa mixture with a spoon. Next, she heated some water until it boiled. She put the hot water over the mixture and stirred it more to make it smoother looking. She then poured skim-evaporated milk into a cup, microwaved it for some time, and poured that into the pot. Finally, she put vanilla extract into the pot and mixed it all together.

Hooty, meanwhile, baked some gingerbread cookies along with chocolate chip ones. He then made some popcorn on the stove since store-bought popcorn didn't really leave any of you with satisfaction. However, the Smartfood popcorn you could tolerate.

Hooty poured oil and popcorn kernels into a saucepan over medium-high heat. He sprinkled the kernels with salt to lightly cover the layer. He added butter to the mix and put the lid on. He puts the side of his head near the pot to hear instant popping. He then bites down on the handle and shakes the pan until the popping slows down. Once the popping was two seconds apart, Hooty removed the heat and poured the popcorn into a bowl, seasoning it as he desired.

He turned around to see Eda wiping the handle that Hooty bit down on.

"Seriously, Eda?" Hooty scrunched his face. Eda could only shrug with a nervous smile. "Ugh! Well, is the hot chocolate done?"

"Yup!" Eda said, popping the "p" while looking at the hot chocolate in the pot.

"Yay!" Hooty cheered.

Eda and Hooty brought the hot chocolate and popcorn into the living room to see you and King at the table in matching ugly sweaters, making snowflakes. While your snowflakes were flawless creations, the small demon beside you was clearly messing up with little to no experience.

"It's not fair! How can you make snowflakes and I can't!" King stomped his foot.

"Aw, someone's a wittle mad." You teased as you munched on a cookie.

"No, I'm not!" King scowled.

"You sound like a little nine-year-old on Fortnite." You snickered.

"Stop it!" King angrily replied.

"Here, you can have mine." You handed him your snowflake. King takes it and immediately starts to jump around in joy.

"I'm the best snowflake maker in the world!" He brightened. You rolled your eyes while smiling.

"There's some more cookies in the kitchen if you guys want some." Hooty reminded.

"I made some hot chocolate." Eda felt eyes on her and turned to see Hooty's burning glare. She chuckled. "With Hooty's help, of course. Here you go, Y/N."

"Oh, Eda. You know me so well..." You shook your head in pleasure while holding a bowl of Flamin' Hot Cheetos popcorn.

"Yeah, yeah." Eda smirked as she ruffled your hair.

Luz was sitting on the couch in an ugly sweater, matching with you and King. She also wore reindeer antlers on her head. She was trying to find some holiday movies for you guys to watch on the crystal ball. Although, the crystal ball kept lagging, making the brunette frown.

"Hey, Eda. The crystal ball isn't working for some reason." She told. "It keeps freezing."

Eda's response, however, shocks everyone in the room. She took the crystal and tossed it the other way like it was nothing, allowing a loud crash to ring out. She then moves an empty TV stand in front of all of you before creating a spell circle, summoning a 65" TV to appear on the stand. She places a hand on her hip and glances at the rest of you, who are beyond baffled.

"What? I'll just steal another crystal ball some other time." Eda waved off.

"Where'd you get a flat-screen TV from?" You questioned.

"Your mother gave it to me one year. I think she was going to upgrade hers at some point." Eda answered as she sat on the couch. 

"Either way, I wasn't gonna pass up an offer like that so..." Eda blew a raspberry.

"Well, in that case, I'll sign into some apps then." You said, pulling out your phone.

It took some time but you had access to many streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. From there, you had many marathons varying to classics such as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer to Elf and Home Alone.

The atmosphere felt comfortable to you. You had downed all of your hot chocolate and sunk into your spot on the couch near the fireplace, further ensuring that cozy feeling that lingered in your weary brain; welcoming the tiredness in a mellow embrace.

You were currently watching Home Alone 3 and you quietly giggled along with the others. King had gone out like a light, carefully snuggled into your side. He started to display tiny, cute snores, almost muffled by your thick clothing.

You started to follow suit as you silently yawned, instinctively covering your mouth. You put your head back and felt your eyes steadily closing by the second, trying to fight the sleep that slowly overwhelmed you. You failed, only becoming fast asleep yourself. Nevertheless, you could rest peacefully in the Owl House, matching the silence of the night.

A few streaks of moonlight crept through the window and touched down on the wooden floor. A certain brunette's eyes fluttered open. She peeked around, only to instantly feel the warmth of the fireplace, thanks to her light glyphs and Eda's spells. She yawned softly, nestling more into her pillow with a light smile on her face.

Wait a second...

She heard heartbeats go at a steady pace and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She looked down to see a green and red sweater with an adult reindeer wearing sunglasses in an elegant fashion, but it was just the same as hers.

She peers forward to see you sleeping soundly with your arms wrapped around her in a firm but pleasant hold. The short-haired girl felt more heat coming up to her face, quickly turning away in an embarrassed manner with many thoughts racing through her now unnerved mind.

Luz gazed at you dozing on the other end of the couch. You really were nice to cuddle with. Hold on, what was she thinking? You were best friends and that was it. Best friends cuddle each other all the time... right? What was this giddy feeling she had in her chest? Why did it feel slightly stronger when she looked at you?

She shook her thoughts away as you started to stir. You rubbed your eyes and hummed silently with your eyes still shut. King softly moved to be more comfortable in your grasp. You sleepily smiled and brought him closer to your chest, eventually falling back to sleep.

Luz struggled to fight the urge to giggle, considering the amount of cuteness happening. She took a deep breath in and exhaled while looking around the room. She found the credits rolling on the TV with the next movie ready to play. She turned to her side to only see an empty seat, not filled by the defiant and charming witch that was your mother figure.

She stood up and stretched, turning her back to the point where a satisfying pop traveled through her body, causing her to sigh in fulfillment. She then glanced at the clock that said, "11:44 pm". It was only a matter of time before Christmas Day rolled around. After she placed a blanket on you and King, even kissing both of your foreheads, she walked off to search for Eda.

The brunette wandered the halls, making sure she was quiet in the process. The silence reminded her of that one night when Eda turned into the Owl Beast, but thank God she wasn't in that situation now. The darkness, which was illuminated by the red moon outside, only made her stroll a bit creepier. It also felt cold, considering she wasn't near the fireplace downstairs. And your warm, delicate embrace...

Okay, focus! Eda was nowhere to be found so it was up to Luz to see where she was. That's all!

That's when she heard faint laughter at the end of the hall. She looked down to see a lit door, which was where the laughter came from. She inched toward the door and put her hand on the knob. Slowly and carefully, she turned it and opened the door, sneaking into the room where the talking settled.

Luz rubbed her eyes in an effort to adjust them to the brightness, especially after being in a dimmed room for so long. She blinked a few times and fully opened her eyes, only to quietly gasp to herself at who was in the room.

There was Eda laughing with three other people, who were either the same age as her or possibly older. One man was dressed in a black suit with a white dress shirt tucked inside. He had a large, droopy, reddish-pinkish nose, and fair skin. He also wore a signature maroon-colored fez that bore a yellow crescent shape with a dot beside it, resembling a small pac-man figure.

Next, there was a duck that wore a traditional red coat along with a black top hat and grey spats on his yellow-webbed feet. He had a small, round pair of glasses on his bill and carried a cane just like the previous man. Finally, an elderly reddish orange-skinned frog stood beside the duck with tufts of white coming out each side of his head. He had a grey-green waistcoat with a yellow shirt underneath along with brown trousers.

Eda was drinking out multiple cups, trying to win the small contest she had with the old men, who cheered her on. She put her final cup down and scrunched up her face from the amount of drinking she did. She swallowed it all and wiped her mouth. The older witch quickly noticed the brunette with wide eyes. The men beside her become shocked as well.

"Eda?"

"Luz, it's not what it looks like. Just a little friendly competition with apple blood is all." Eda shook her head.

"It's definitely what it looks like." The bearded man blurted out, earning a harsh nudge from Eda.

"Eda, who are these guys?" Luz asked.

You, along with King on your shoulder, walked into the room, looking for your friend like a lost puppy. You could've sworn you saw the three old men, but it was a blink-and-you-miss-it situation. You then saw Eda alone at the table with the apple blood on it. She nervously smiled but you were fixated on a closet door gently swaying side to side.

"Aye! We can't let him see us. The lad has fourth-wall-breaking powers and he'll go crazy over the sight of us!" The duck whisper-screamed.

The door opened, however, with light coming into the dark closet. You were seen with a tired grin on your face.

"You were saying, Scroogie?" You groggily said.

"Curse me kilts. I remember being in this situation with Dewey." Scrooge muttered.

"Oh, you're talking about the Last Christmas! episode, aren't ya!" You smirked.

"C'mon, Y/N, give them some space to breathe. I don't need you fanboying over them right now." Eda told with her hands on her hips.

"If you say so." You shrugged while backing up from the closet.

"Okay, can someone please explain what's going on?" Luz questioned.

"Well, between battling the Emperor's Coven and trying to take care of you guys, I really needed some time to unwind, y'know?" Eda explained.

"Understandable." You nodded. Eda starts to introduce her friends.

"This is Scrooge McDuck, "the richest duck in the world" as he claims." Eda started.

"I am the richest duck in the world!" Scrooge replied, rolling his "R's" with his thick accent, all the while pressing his cane to the floor. "I've earned it by being tougher than the toughies, smarter than the smarties, and sharper than the sharpies."

You were beside Scrooge unknowingly imitating him, making Luz and King giggle at the moment. Scrooge turns and stares at you seriously with his eyebrow raised, not wanting you to interrupt while he was talking. You nervously put your hands up in defense.

"My apologies for being rude. It won't happen again." You shook your head with an anxious smile. Scrooge hums suspiciously.

"Anyways, here is Hopediah Plantar, also known by his nickname, "Hop Pop." Eda rejoined.

"Howdy." Hop Pop greeted.

"And this here is my... ex, Stan Pines. Or Grunkle Stan as his grandniece and grandnephew call him." Eda continued.

"I knew you were his ex-girlfriend!" You exclaimed.

"Ex-wife, actually." Stan shot a finger gun. "Kept gettin' robbed by her during the first few hours of our marriage."

"Not gonna lie, Eda's a better con artist than you, man." You admitted. You then laid your arm on his shoulder. "Anywho, how're the twins doing? Haven't been swearing around them, were you?"

"Have some self-respect, it's Christmas. Why would I be swearing around them?" Stan said.

"Good point." You nodded.

"These three are Luz, Y/N, and King." Eda hugged you together as you waved.

"Like an actual king or...?" Stan asked.

"Reminds me of my own mischief-makers back home. Two are young frogs and another two are humans, in fact." Hop Pop mentioned.

"Wait, really?" Luz said with stars in her eyes.

"Two, huh?" You stroked your chin.

"Yes, siree!" Hop Pop confirmed.

"Now that we've all been acquainted, who's ready to go?" Eda clasped her hands.

"Go? Where are we going?" You asked.

"Not you, kiddo. This trip is for adults only." Stan commented.

"What? Why?" Luz whined.

"C'mon, Luz. We'll let them go on about their business." You motioned the other way. Luz gives the four adults in front of her one last glance before walking out with you.

"Alright, let's go party!" Stan cheered. "Got that little umbrella on you, Scrooge?"

"Indeed, Stanley. I also have a spare one in me coat pocket, just in case." Scrooge chuckled as he patted his coat. He then brought out his other umbrella, which glowed a light green hue. "Now, how did it go again?"

Out in the hallway, you, Luz, and King walked back to the living room in a comfortable silence. You look behind you before pulling out a small umbrella, just like the one Scrooge had. Luz caught a glimpse of the umbrella and raised her eyebrow.

"Hey, how come you got an umbrella like Scrooge?" She asked. You gave her a look, causing her to come to a sharp realization. "That's his spare, isn't it? No wonder you wanted to get out of the room so quickly."

"Yep! Now we can disobey our parental figure like a couple of teenagers." You smirked.

"That's what I'm talking about!" King said as he high-fived you. Luz simply sighed and facepalmed, knowing she'll just be dragged along with you.

The scene changes to the three of you standing in your shared room with Luz. You opened the window, immediately being assaulted by the brisk air from outside. The air flows to your staff that stood near the window, causing Zena to go into her palisman form and shiver from the freezing atmosphere. You come over to her and let her climb on your arm, letting her nuzzle her head against you for warmth.

"I know, girl. I'm sorry." You cooed. You gently kiss her head and smile, making Luz squeal from the adorable moment.

"Aw!" She gushed.

"Alright, alright, enough of the mushy, sentimental stuff! Let's go!" King hurried from Luz's shoulder.

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes. "Hold hands, everyone."

You held Scrooge's spare umbrella in your hands and raised it confidently in the air. It starts to glow brightly in the dark room.

"Take heed, rise, and walk with me!" You shouted.

You all start to float, hovering out the window. Zena meowed in confusion as you whooped in joy from the wind blowing through your hair. Luz does the same while King almost drops from the brunette's hold. However, he quickly grabs her hand, swerving with you all in a zigzag motion. You gaze in the distance and see Eda with the other three men. You follow them but make sure to not be too close in order to not be noticed by them.

"Alrighty, let's see what this baby can do."

You went faster through the cold, dark sky. The bright lights of Bonesborough radiate from below you. Many people were out in the Night Market, trying to buy last-minute Christmas gifts. Some stores were already closed early for the next day. Luckily, other stores were open until the clock struck twelve. Otherwise, it was a calm and tranquil night.

Suddenly, however, the umbrella you had in your hands started to flicker and you along with the rest noticed the slight change in movement. Luz went to ask you what was going on until the umbrella went dark completely.

"Uh-oh."

You all fell from the clouds, the air intensely brushing past your faces and clothes. King and Luz scream at the top of their lungs and cling to each other for dear life. Zena instinctively turns into a staff, leading you to take it and grab your friends before you fell any longer. You could've flown higher if a tree branch hadn't hit you.

You collided with the ground, which luckily felt soft and prevented a more gruesome injury. You rolled continuously, slowing down and laying in the exact spot you stopped in. As you were lightly panting, you felt the lower half of your body drop down for some reason. 

You turned around and saw that only your torso and limbs were visible. Your legs went through a vibrant circle in the ground. There were also waves inside swaying in a gentle motion. You were awed at the sight and curious all the same. It seemed to be a small gateway to somewhere else. A portal, perhaps?

Your pondering is abruptly put to an end by the feeling of something grabbing your legs. Your eyes widen in shock and you try to climb out of the portal. Yet, whoever was on the other side was much stronger than you. You look up in the sky and see Luz racing towards you. With a raised hand, you shouted for help. Unfortunately, it was too late and your screaming ceased furthermore.

You wake up with a jolt, taking in your surroundings. Your heart was pounding and you felt a cold sweat crawl down your body. You touch your chest and took a few breaths. The rapid breathing changed into a steady manner, making you sigh in relief.

You look around and see that Luz wasn't in her sleeping bag. You then shifted your attention to the clock and see the lime green numbers read, "10:21". It was morning and you remembered the moonlight conjuring taking place the previous day. Although, you felt very tired and yawned. You stood up and went downstairs to grab yourself something to drink.

After getting yourself something to drink, you went to the living room and sat down with everyone else.

"Weirdly enough, Scrooge McDuck, Hop Pop, and Stan Pines were in it." You groggily said.

"I know who Scrooge is, but who are the two other people?" Luz asked.

"I don't feel like explaining. For some reason, I'm..." You paused your sentence by yawning, covering your mouth. "...tired."

"When did you go to sleep? We finished cleaning the house at like around seven in the morning." Luz replied.

"Shortly after that. I'm still exhausted apparently." You grabbed your glass and took a sip.

"Well, like you said in your story, you did obliterate that demon hunter. I'm assuming your human genes are the reason you were tired this morning, considering all that power you used." Eda explained. "You said you had a glowing abomination fist?"

"Yep! Had a glowing eye too." You confirmed, taking another sip of your apple blood.

"I wonder what would've happened if you made those illusions yourself, had Gus not helped you." Luz pondered.

"I would've only gotten more tired. I don't even know how to do illusion magic, much less know that much about abominations." You replied. "Still can't believe Scrooge, Stan, and Hop Pop were in that dream though."

Your brunette friend continued the conversation with you as Eda strolled to the kitchen. She glanced behind her to make sure nobody was following her. Slowly and carefully, she opened the backdoor and went outside. She stepped to the side and looked over at the bushes.

"Okay, you can come out now."

Out the bushes came Stan, Scrooge, and Hop Pop. They brush themselves off and fix their clothes.

"Thanks for letting us hide here." Scrooge spoke.

"It's not a problem. I know how Y/N is." Eda replied.

The witch pulled out the portal key from her hair and pressed on it. The suitcase levitates out of the house and in front of the group. The suitcase then floats vertically and unfolds into the portal door, not only allowing a white void to glow inside, but letting tealish-blue swirls take over instead, gently spinning in a steady manner.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." Hop Pop said.

"Take care, Eda." Scrooge tipped his hat.

"Bye, guys." Eda waved.

"Merry Christmas!" They uttered in unison as they jumped through the portal.

Stan turns and looks at Eda, wearing a smug grin on his face.

"Y'know, Marilyn, we should go out for a drink sometime. Go on a magical broom ride across this crazy place." Stan gestured around himself.

"Cut it out, Stanford." Eda playfully nudged as they both laughed.

Eda's smile slowly goes away as she looks down in sadness. Stan glances at the portal before turning back around, only to be brought into a tender embrace by the former. Stan is taken aback but wraps his own arms around her. Eda pulls back from the hug.

"I apologize for everything, I just wasn't ready to be with someone at the time, let alone be married. I know it doesn't take back the countless times I stole from you but I'm sorry. I really am."

"It's alright, actually." Stan assured as he took off his signature fez, putting it close to his chest. "I had a lot of rocky relationships since then and I don't want my heart broken again. I guess I just need some time off from the dating game, have a moment to think before trying again."

"Maybe it's better if we were just good friends. Of course, if you would be okay with it."

Eda softly smiles. "I'd like that."

The two hug again before pulling back, entering a comfortable silence. Stan then makes a face and holds out his hand. Eda groaned in reply but places a set of brass knuckles in his hand.

"Sorry, couldn't help it." Eda snorted as she shrugged. Stan chuckles and smiles.

"Merry Christmas, Eda." He said.

"Merry Christmas, Stan." The witch patted his shoulder.

Stan puts the brass knuckles in the pocket of his suit and turned to walk through the portal. He takes one last look at Eda, who simply waved at him with a smile. He reciprocates the gesture before facing the portal again. He takes a deep breath and enters, causing the door to fold into itself again and float in its suitcase form.

Eda grabs the suitcase and sighs. She then walks over to the back door and opens it, coming inside. She closes the door and turns. She jumps in fright at the sight of you casually sipping your apple blood on the kitchen counter. You utter an "ahh" sound and glance at Eda.

"I freaking knew it."

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

☪️💫◒◈THE OWL HOUSE◈◓💫☪️

-|Your favorite LGBTQ+ show with a weekly dose of magic, peril, and teenage love (and angst)|-

◊⫸Created by Dana Terrace⫷

Fanfiction by SunnyJay9◉

CAST

(Anybody) as Y/N L/N

Sarah-Nicole Robles as Luz Noceda

Wendie Malick as Eda Clawthorne

Alex Hirsch as King, Hooty, and Stan Pines

David Tennet as Scrooge McDuck

Bill Farmer as Hop Pop

SONGS

Silent Night by The Temptations

Author's Note

||Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you guys had a good day. I would've posted this earlier but I was spending the day with my family so I'm sorry about that. But guys! This book is #1 in luznoceda! Plus, it has 3k reads! I am so happy right now! I hope you enjoyed this and I'll see you guys in the next chapter!||

||BYEEE!!! 👋❄️🎅🎄||

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.1K 187 24
- Disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my oc Before you read: Have any of you ever wondered what would...
334K 8.7K 50
Y/n is what some may call a "Little Miss Perfect". She's top of her class, athletic, talented, and she pushes herself hard to be better. She does thi...
7.6K 266 23
Y/n is a teenager in a school called Hexside School of Magic and Demonics with her best friends Willow and Gus. One day, they end up stumbling upon a...
251 13 5
Luz Noceda has to go to a new school in a new town, and doesn't care much about her first impression as long as she stays invisible. And then, she do...