Do What You Gotta Do - a Desc...

By randomreader000000

Follow the story of Mal's younger brother who also gets taken to Auradon, but will he make the same decisions... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Possible Preview 😏

Chapter 12

444 12 2
By randomreader000000

Chap 12

Drac chuckled as he pushed CJ sideways with his shoulder. She giggled and shoved him back as her fingers and his ghosted over the keys of the organ in the back room of Hook's Inlet. Located on a separate dock from Uma's Drac had frequented the little shop often over the years, sneaking by Uma's pirates to reach it. Thankfully, the pirates sworn to Hook didn't bother with what they called 'silly childish arguments' and instead left him be when they did see him on pirate land. Captain James Hook himself had seen him with his youngest and ignored the boy. Whether that was out of displeasure or fear Drac couldn't tell, maybe it had more to do with dragons and crocodiles both being scaly vicious creatures that led Hook to his temperament. Either way the only one in the family who despised Drac hanging out with CJ was Harry, and that was something they both relished in. CJ was always looking to build her rep, much like Drac, outside of the shadow cast by the elder villains around her. Given the day Drac had yesterday he'd gone straight to CJ after breakfast, bringing some of the freshest food the Slop Shop had. They ate together while he filled her in on the club Diego had told him about and his breakdown at Bargain Castle – something that she highly approved of. And his little outburst at the Slop Shop afterward.

"Uma had something similar last night at her place." CJ filled him in. "Harry came home humming a tune and sauntering around the decks."

She rolled her eyes at her brother's antics, which made Drac laugh. Eventually the pair wound up at their old haunt, the organ. CJ had learned from her father, as all his children had, as kids Drac would ask her to play him something after he'd had a bad day. When they were little Mal would ditch him to go play with Uma, it wasn't until that friendship went sour and he'd gotten older that she started paying attention to him - and made him her shadow. On days when that started to bother him he knew he could turn to CJ who knew the feeling well. Or sometimes when his mother would lose her temper and Drac would run away for a day or two - it was CJ who would shelter him in the inlet. Now however, Drac leaned on his elbow with his chin in his hand as he watched CJ play the organ. She looked beautiful, he thought, her eyes held a serene soft glow he never saw any other time, the small smile on her face brought by the melody held no malice or wickedness to it. He thought about how music had made him feel in Auradon and wondered if it was like some universal language. That no matter where you came from no matter your background people could get together and enjoy music.

"CJ?" he asked and she hummed in response. "Will you teach me?"

She turned to him and her smile widened.

"Sure." she scooted over on the bench and he moved closer to her, their shoulders brushing and he could feel her body heat through his jacket. She showed him how to place his hands and fingers properly and she did the same. Mimicking her as she played low notes while he played high ones. He recognized the song as 'drink up me hearties' a pirate diddy.

"I bragged about you to the people in Auradon." He told her, "When I stopped by the band room."

"Oooo fancy." She mocked with a smile. Drac didn't allow his mind to wander any further down memory lane, worried he might spiral down a path of confusion, guilt and problems that he couldn't fix right now. He already had enough on his plate. Instead, he let the music CJ was tapping out calm his mind and relax him. His eyes stayed mostly on the keys, occasionally looking over to her and getting swept up in the kindness on her face.

After a bit she stopped playing and turned to him with a giggle. "What?"

He shrugged smiling to himself, "I should thank you, for all you've helped me with this past week."

She waved him off, "That's what friends do."

"Is that what we are?" he questioned turning on the bench, "Friends?"

She bit her lip and looked up to the side like she was thinking very hard on it. Their friendship had always felt like a tug of war between platonic friendship and something... deeper. When they were twelve they technically had their first kiss. A small peck on the lips after they'd been fighting over the last stale bread pudding in the Slop Shop and he fell down with her landing on him. When they'd gotten older they had laughed about how childish they were and decided that maybe labels weren't right for them. Although, that hadn't changed how close they were.

One night Drac had brought CJ to one of the highest rooftops on the Isle. He loved heights, it made him feel like he could really imagine himself flying through the air. And CJ didn't mind them, she'd been climbing the rigging on her father's ship since before she could walk. He remembered that night well and his smile turned dopey.

"Remember that night on the roof?" he asked her breaking her from her pause. "When we stayed out all night looking at the stars through the big grey cloud?"

"Yes." she answered. "We argued over whether they made the Big Dipper or a squiggly line."

They laughed.

"Have you ever cuddled with anyone like that before?" he thought back to how she'd snuggled into his side under the purple blanket he'd brought with him. How nice and warm she'd felt with her arms around his middle.

"If I had they haven't lived to tell about it." she smirked and he laughed. When it calmed down she rested her hand on his cheek making him look at her, "Why the trip down memory lane?"

He turned into her touch, "I dunno. Just seems like when my life was the most upside down it's ever been, and I felt like I'd lost everything - you were the one constant that remained."

"I always will be." she promised. "Just. . . " she looked down took a deep breath, then looked back up, "Just don't hurt me. Don't make me regret letting you in."

"Never." he swore. "Nothing could ever make me do that to you."

She stroked his cheek with her thumb and smiled, a real, true, kind smile. Then she turned on the bench. "Come on, let me teach you my favorite."

He smiled and straightned himself as they got back to playing. It continued like that for the next hour or so, just the two of them playing the organ all while Drac wondered if CJ would like the band room, or the DJ equipment he'd left there.

When the clock on the wall struck noon they heard James Hook shout "THE TICKING!" from afar before CJ picked up a rolled up towel and chuckled it at the clock making the noise stop. Drac chuckled and stretched his arms that had gone stiff.

"I have an errand I have to run this afternoon." He told her when her last diddy finished, "Want to come?"

"Can't." she turned to him, "I promised Smee's boys I'd take them out on a boat and circle the Isle."

"Little sailors already?"

She smiled, the twins were really her only playmates besides Drac. They had a special place in her heart. Like the little brothers she never got to have. "They take well to the sea. And we only have access to so much of it."

He stood from the bench. "Well enjoy the weather."

They looked out the window at the overcast day. It was grey and dreary but the sea was on the calmer side.

"It's probably the best we can get."

CJ nodded in agreement as she stood from the instrument, paused, then gave him a peck on the cheek. He smiled back before they parted ways at the door as she headed for the docks and he headed for the line between his territory and Uma's. Because he was already at the inlet it didn't take him long to reach the destination of his errand.

Drac knew Uma wouldn't just sit idle and accept his claim. He knew she'd try every trick in the book to usurp him and take it all for her own. Fortunately for him he had a few tricks up his sleeve as well. One of the best ones just so happened to lie right on the line between their territories. A reasonably sized little cottage, as broken down as the rest of the Isle, sat off in the shadows on the side of the road all by itself.

A black cat sat on the windowsill and meowed at him as he approached the dead-ivy covered door. He didn't knock when he reached the door, only pushed it open lazily as it creaked on its hinges. The inhabitants were too busy to notice him though, crowded around a cauldron in the center of the room, tables of vials and jars of ingredients not far from their brewing.

"I say into pi, alpha maybe upendi." The red head murmured into the concoction.

The blonde and brunette beside her repeated the words, "I say into pi, alpha maybe upendi."

Drac smirked and finished the chant, "In comma-coriyama."

"In comma cori – ugh!" the two repeated before their sister elbowed both in the stomach, knowing it had not been her who spoke.

The brunette sniffed, "I smell a child."

"You!" Winifred Sanderson sneered pointing a clawed finger at him.

"Me." He grinned.

The red head stormed over to him throwing the flowing fabric of her skirts out of her way.

"How dare you show your face here child!" she pursed her lips at him, no doubt hearing talk about the magic he could wield, and knowing it was more then she had access to right now. Of course it was, he'd been trained by Hades.

"What praytell, unholy business doth thou have here with myself and my sis-tahs?"

Drac walked around the room with a smirk, casually running his fingers over tables before pinching them together and rubbing the dust off. He picked up glass jars and vials and examined them like they were toys.

"I came hoping to secure your allegiance." He began, looking at the jar in his hand and not at Winifred.

"Why on earth –"

"Uma will eventually come asking the same of you." He cut her off looking up to her. "And you have more reason to side with me then her."

Winifred scoffed. "You? You who dare to undermine Hades?"

Of course she was mad, it was well known the Sanderson Sisters served the underworld and its master. Word of him promising protection from Hades' attacks must have left the impression Drac thought he was greater, or held some secret power. Either worked to his advantage, and built his reputation.

Drac held his hand like a wave, palm up, and wiggled his fingers, "Maybe you'd like to see a real burning rain of death?"

Winifred waved her hand, her face still bitter, "Nay, Nay, thou hast no need for such magic."

Drac smirked wider loving how his act with his father had pulled the wool over everyone's eyes on the Isle. But the Sanderson Sisters were a special circumstance – especially since they'd be able to see the goings-on on Uma's side. Even better then CJ, with Harry knowing about Drac's friendship with his sister Drac was sure Uma would keep the blonde out of the loop as best as she could. CJ was compromised. The Sandersons weren't.

"Why would we give our allegiance to you?" Winifred asked once more as she pursed her lips again.

"Because it would please the boy's father." Hades said emerging from the shadows behind the witches.

Winifred turned on her heel to the blue haired man. "MASTER!"

She gushed raising her hands and rushing over to the Lord of the Underworld. Mary and Sarah did the same, smiles lighting up their faces.

"Oh Master."

"My Lord."

They both gasped as Winifred slapped them aside, smiling. She turned to Hades with her kindest expression as she partially curtsied. "Master, to what do we humble servants owe such an honor?"

Hades smirked, one side of his mouth turning up. "Perhaps, Winnie, we could speak. . . just the two of us."

The witch swooned before turning on her heel and shooing her sisters away. "Begone! Go, go! Fetch more spiders! Make hag tracks! Turn thyselves useful!"

Sarah and Mary spun around scurrying about. They bumped right into each other before moving to opposite sides of the cabin, out of earshot of the conversation. It reminded Drac of Pain and Panic. Sarah got on her hands and knees looking for spiders, only a dull crunching told Drac when she'd found one. Mary at least had the capacity to return to the cauldron and stir their brew.

"Simpletons." Winifred scoffed with a roll of her eyes. Then she fixed her hair and approached Hades. "Now, did my master say this boy –" she turned to Drac barely repressing a sneer. Everyone knew Winifred's opinion of children, except for her own. "Was of his own blood?"

Hades smirked, "I'm sure I can trust you to keep such a secret."

Winifred bowed lavishly, "Oh but of course master. I am thou humble servant."

Hades grinned, then looked over Winifred's bowed head to Drac. He knew the look and stepped forward.

"So when I say I need allies to watch Uma's half of the Isle. . . " he trailed off with a quirked brow.

Winifred's mouth curled before she bit back the sour expression, "Well it stands to reason, does it not, that you. . . child, and I shall come to some arrangement."

Drac smirked.

Winifred clapped her hands and spun on her heel. Hades patted Drac on the shoulder with pride.

"Sisters!" Winifred shrieked, Sarah banged her head on a table before getting up and Mary moved so fast she still had the big wooden spoon in her hands when she reached her sister. "Master has so graciously blessed us with his presence, we must repay him! Therefore, our allegiance stands with the young dragon lord. Dost thou comprehend?"

They both nodded, Sarah still munching on a spider. Then Winifred turned back to Drac and Hades.

"Now. . .how might we be of assistance?"

Drac smirked, "I need spies." He began, "I need to know what Uma plans, where she goes, who she speaks with, everything."

"Naturally." Winifred agreed, "And we have three more Sanderson's we can employ. You'll hear our findings from them."

"Good."

"Just be careful of the sea salt ladies." Hades called and Winifred and her sisters swooned again at being addressed by him.

He nodded to Drac as he turned to leave, exiting through a backdoor that Drac had no doubt led to another tunnel under the Isle.

"Now boy." Winifred continued and he turned to her. "About payment for our efforts."

He stood up straight and slid his hands into his pockets. "What do you want?"

Winifred smiled an evil grin, her teeth sticking out from her pursed lips. Behind her Sarah and Mary exchanged a look, small smiles on their faces.

"What Winnie? What?" they asked, Sarah bouncing on her toes.

"My darling." She replied, still staring down Drac before pinching her fingers together, "Je veux mon livre."

Drac's smile widened. He knew what she'd asked for, and he knew where to find it. "Oh, you'll get your book."

Winifred clapped her hands together looking giddier then a child on Christmas Eve.

"Sisters! Come!" Winifred turned dramatically and Sarah and Mary got caught in the fabric of her sleeves. The red head rushed to the door and exclaimed, "We fly!"

"How?" Sarah asked and got a smack in the head from Winifred.

"Tis a figure of speech." The red head drawled pinching her fingers together emphasizing her point, "Make hag tracks! Travel down yonder black river to the other side of the Isle and spy hither to on the witch of the sea! Then we run amuck in Pirate's Bay!"

"AMUCK!" Sarah shrieked before hopping in place. "Amuck! Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!"

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

A month after the coronation and Maleficent's attack, things in Auradon had settled down pretty well for the four VK's, until now anyway. Carlos was holed up in his room sitting on the bed as he stared at his laptop so lost in his research he'd missed tourney practice. He'd originally intended to just check the status of the new video game he ordered, Crown of Duty, when he found a new email from an anonymous sender.

Go back where you came from and return to the Isle of the Lost by moonset.

The email had annoyed him enough but now he was beyond irritated that he hadn't cracked the sender's identity yet. He hadn't realized how long he'd been working on trying to hack them until the room started to shake a bit. Not again, he thought as the room quickly settled down. Auradon had been experiencing odd earthquakes since yesterday that no one could seem to explain, and with magic being retired there was really no way to stop it or find out why it was happening. Carlos looked around to make sure nothing had fallen or broken when he noticed the sun setting outside and noticed how late it had gotten. He went back to his laptop mentally telling himself not to work through dinner as his fingers resumed their work on the keys. Then the sound of knocking on his door interrupted his focus as he looked up from his computer.

"Come in!" he called and Evie and Mal walked in with serious expressions on their faces. "Don't tell me. You've both received rude messages saying to return to the Isle of the Lost, haven't you? Which is why you're here. I got an email today."

"Yes we did." Mal said pulling up a chair from the desk. "What have you found? Do you know where they're from?"

"Not yet." He said going back to his computer.

"We think the messages might be from our parents." Evie said and he nearly jumped out of his skin.

"What? Why?"

"Evie's mirror wouldn't show them to us." Mal explained.

"You think there's really a chance they're behind these messages? But why? What would make them want us back?"

"Because they miss us and want to give us hugs?" Evie said and they both turned to her with raised eyebrows, "Kidding. I'm sure my mom only wants to know if I'm keeping up with my weekly mud masks and facial massages."

"They probably want us to return home so we can help them get their revenge on Auradon." Mal said, "Defeat only makes villains try harder. I can just hear my mom now 'You poor simple fools, thinking you could defeat me! Me! The mistress of all evil!'" she cackled like her mother.

"So I'm guessing you guys got a message today about going back to the Isle too?" Jay said walking in through the door holding up his phone.

"Sort of." Mal replied.

"What are we going to do about it?" the son of Jafar asked crossing his arms.

"I'm working on that now." Carlos said still typing away trying different passwords to crack the code. He tried CaveofWonders, Makeup, EvilLives, and Dalmatians. But nothing was working. He racked his brain for any other words that were related to their parents when a new thought popped into his head.

"Guys what about. . . " he trailed off and looked at the third bed in the room. It had been made with crisp sheets but no one had slept in it in a month. They all looked to each other at the reminder of Drac. He was still on the Isle and they had no idea what he'd been up to or if he was okay. In the aftermath of her mother's attack Mal had been hesitant to ask Ben to fetch her brother from the Isle. She knew what the people of Auradon would think, given that the broadcast had shown Drac rush out of the room at Maleficent's command. If Ben's subjects saw Drac as a villain it would only make trouble for the new king and Mal didn't want that for her boyfriend. She'd been trying to find a way to bring it up but so far hadn't been given the chance, Ben seemed so busy with royal duties these days, especially with the earthquake problem. It had started just yesterday, a tremor that shook downtown Main Street making people run to doorways or under tables. At first it was just an odd occurrence, but then it happened twice more that same day. Ben knew something was up and had been meeting every hour with a counsel of the best magic practitioners in Auradon.

"I doubt Drac is with our parents." Jay said, "They wouldn't subject themselves to working with a kid, even Maleficent's kid."

"He must have found refuge somewhere." Evie added sadly, "The Isle is dangerous when you're all alone."

And she would know, for years she was the outsider before she and Mal resolved their differences and she became part of the group. Still, Carlos was curious so he started typing in new ideas for passwords. Diaval didn't work, but Dragon did.

"Oh no." he muttered as green letters began scrolling across the screen.

"What's wrong?" Evie asked as they all moved to crowd around him to see the laptop. It was a website unlike any they'd seen, it was crudely designed with no pretty icons or bright colors, only windows of black screen with green text.

"The Dark Net." Carlos said, "There's a rumor going around that after the dome broke when Maleficent escaped, the Isle of the Lost was able to start up a secret online network of their own. Supposedly since the Dark Net is effectively hidden from Auradon's servers it's a way for the villains to communicate with each other. On the Dark Net they can hatch evil schemes and plots without anyone else knowing about it. I can poke around and see what I can find. Maybe figure out who sent us those messages."

"I think we have to make plans to return no matter what." Mal said. "We can't just stay here, we need to find out what the villains are up to back home."

"It could be a trap." Jay piped up.

"We have to take the risk or another attack like at the coronation could happen again."

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

Meanwhile, King Ben had been called away to business in Camelot. According to Merlin there had been some sort of creature terrorizing their land. It was setting forests and homes on fire, one nearly burning all the way to Sherwood. It was taking sheep and livestock and many of Camelot's people had retreated from their villages to King Arthur's castle for refuge. There had been tracks spotted by one of the rivers so Ben had taken his guards, some of Camelot's knights and Merlin with him to camp out and try and spot the monster. If they could figure out what it was they could make a plan to capture it.

It wasn't until the wee hours of the morning when he heard a cry, "It's here! It's here! It's a dragon!"

Ben dashed out of his tent and looked up at the sky, where sure enough, a huge purple dragon was roaring and sending massive fireballs down on their camp and setting trees ablaze. He felt his heart stop in his chest. He had only seen a dragon like that once before. . .

A/N: originally the Sanderson sisters weren't in the story. But with the release of Hocus Pocus 2 I just had to add them in! And I plan to use them in at least another 2 chapters down the road. Which Sanderson is your favorite witch? Mine is Sarah (but only by a smidge)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 83 8
When Hades was about to wake Audrey, a green light instead of the blue one from his ember enveloped the room, interrupting him. ''Well, well, what d...
1.2K 24 12
Evie has a twin sister she isn't friends with the core 4 but is still there for her sister. She gets to go to auradon with her sister and her friend...
13.3K 281 114
The untold story of Alyssa Potter, Harry's younger twin sister who happened to be a not-so ordinary girl from an orphanage in a small town called Sur...
24.4K 579 21
Mal lives on the Isle Of The Lost. She is the daughter of Maleficent. Her best friend is Evie, who is also a villain. Evie and Carlos { son of Cruell...