4 ษชษด แด›สœแด‡ แดแดส€ษดษชษด'

Por reportsbytoya

๐™‡๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฉ 4 ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ', ๐™›๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™™ '๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™ข๐™–... Mais

The Characters
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
46.2
47
49
50
Epilogue
Epilogue Visuals

48

16.1K 819 152
Por reportsbytoya

Iola K.

Three Months Later

"Are you sure about this?"

Kofi was sitting on a barstool from his kitchen island. We were currently in the den with Bride of Chucky playing on the television as Kevin set up his station for the home call.

What I thought was a joke at first, had been proven to be something he truly desired. After finding the drawing earlier today and opening the front door for Kevin fifteen minutes ago, I officially knew my baby father was every bit serious.

"Yes, mama. I already drew it up." Kofi replied, handing the perfectly sculpted drawing to his tattoo artist.

Kevin laughed at the exchange as he took the picture. I had been trying to stop Kofi since he introduced the two of us. By now the traveling station of his guest was set up. Tattoo gun ready, needles, with different ink lined up. Three different shades of blue in a row. There were gloves and green soap in his reach. While Kofi had two blunts near him and one burning.

"I'm finna cook." Sighing I rubbed my pregnant belly, walking out of the den.

It was almost seven-thirty and I had to get dinner started before UberEats was delivering our food for tonight. I turned on the water in the sink to wash my hands. Deciding on salmon and shrimp with fried rice.

We had everything and it wouldn't take me long to complete the dish. Opening the freezer, I pulled out the frozen shrimp to go with the salmon sitting in the refrigerator. There were five pieces total and I figured that was enough for us and our guest. I wouldn't be surprised if Kobi or Mazi popped up, and if so, there'll be enough for them too.

I was in the middle of prepping my rice when a FaceTime request popped up with Lena's name.

"Hey, boo!" She spoke, her and Khari's smiling faces on the screen. "Hey, TT!"

"Hey, y'all. What y'all doing?"

"Mommy cooking ghetti. And m-my school not open no mo'."

I laughed, seeing the excitement on his face. Lena rolled her eyes, sighing. "I don't know where he going. Must be with mama, 'cause I gotta work." She said, speaking to Khari who simply gave the cutest shrug in response. Clearly, it wasn't his problem.

"Why the school closed?" I asked rinsing my rice for the last time. It had become clear already, but I always had to be extra and good the extra mile.

"That ghetto ass school. DCF closed that shit down around ten this morning. Mind you, I dropped him off after eight thirty. Called they pappy so quick. Go get ya child, my boy," I laughed at her serious, annoyed tone. She was a behavior specialist serving on the local school board's committee. Her daily schedule consisted of going to several schools inside the districts, to work with ASD students and those that received ESE services.

"How are you though? Mama told me y'all talked earlier and she could see your bump forming, honey!"

I was exactly twenty weeks on today and forming the slightest baby bump. Kofi noticed it earlier this week when I got up to get dressed for work. His constant smiling and kisses to my belly had me late to a team meeting.

When I was on FaceTime with my mom earlier, I only had my robe on. And with it being tied, it showcased the baby bump just for her eyes. Right now? I had an oversized TSU sweater on with some pajama pants.

"It's a little bump, girl. Can barely tell," I said stepping back to give her a clear view. "And do you know what tomorrow is? I find out what I'm having!" I couldn't hide my excitement when I finished my statement. It's one reason Kofi insisted on Kevin coming tonight. Late tomorrow night we were flying to New York for a week for Kofi to work on the deli.

It'll also be Friday, February 14th which means it'll be Valentine's Day. From the weather app, it's supposed to be a light snow day there too. So I was thrilled to land in the city. I already had his gifts, wrapped and bagged up.

"I really want you to do a gender reveal. Please, Iola."

I shook my head, not even thinking of the possibility. I hated the idea of gender reveals and only attended them out of love and support of the person throwing the event. For me personally? Tell me the second it's confirmed. Nothing less, nothing more.

"Girl no. Besides Kofi wouldn't be able to hide it. And then I'll have to wait another month to find out because I'll have to wait on y'all to come to Houston. I'm already planning to do my baby's shower in two months."

Lena smacked her teeth and I started to cut my salmon bites. The sounds of keys made me look up. Kobi, who was on the phone walked inside, dropping his keys on the counter. He winked at me as he headed to the den. I could tell he was on the phone with a woman from how cool he was trying to be.

I'm not sure what happened with him and Sasha. All I know is after a while, she started seeing someone else and he got back in the grove of being...Kobi.

"Do you at least have some names in mind?" Lena asked and I stopped cutting to wash my hands in order to gather my seasonings.

"Yeah..." I looked at the camera with a smile while my sister only looked more annoyed by the second. "You know I always wanted a little girl named Bianca or Angelica. I don't know about Angelica anymore though," Something about it reminded me of my stripping days. Maybe the Angel part. Regardless, I was leaning more towards Bianca if it was a little girl. "If it's a boy...I'm lost. Maybe Kylo? I saw that and it stuck. Tahj and Zahir too. But other than that..." I shrugged, putting the shrimp in cold water.

"If it's a girl...Bianca is cute. I also like Reign. Is the name Kylo unisex?"

I nodded at her, but something moved in the corner of my eye and I looked up to see my favorite Christmas gift bobbing its head as it came towards me.

Tally was a Cane Corso puppy that Kofi gifted to me on Christmas Eve. Tally was only a little under two months old when Kofi purchased him. Kofi explained that he had to go through an eight-week developmental process with his birth mother before the breeder could release him. He is over five months old now. Having spent that time with us, he's comfortable around our household. Rather it's my townhouse or Kofi's home. Tally had the richest and prettiest black fur, I've ever seen. He was already weighing in at sixty pounds and almost two feet. Currently, he was still a pup by aging system of the Cane Corso families. Eating four or five times a day. We had him on a raw food diet and while it was messy, tedious, could be expensive — it had what the breeder recommended. Kofi told me how he could easily grow up to a hundred and fifty pounds, possibly larger with the stronger he got. While he was still a puppy; Tally was already the size of most average adult dogs and had a ton of growing to still do.

"What's up Tally?"

His clinginess was almost as strong as Kofi's. The only time he wasn't trying to be right up under one of us, was when he was sleeping or eating. Kobi had just walked into the home and must have snuck past Tally, however, the mastiff breed was incredibly intelligent and the sudden change of scent in the air let him know we had a visitor.

"I'm still amazed your scary ass got a dog living with you. Especially a Corso at that."

Me too. I never told Kofi about my fear of dogs. I had outgrown over the years. My first job in high school being the first source. For four years I work at Lowe's Home Improvement. Which held a pet-friendly rule to its customers. Becoming comfortable with dogs was impossible to avoid.

Thankfully Kofi had owned dogs in the past and was amazing with becoming the leader this household needed with Tally here. I couldn't count on my hands how many times the breeder reminded us of how important it was for Cane Corsos to be led and not the other way around. For one, they were very stubborn, yet intelligent. Plus, an untamed, adult Cane Corso weighing a hundred and fifty pounds or more, was a disaster waiting to happen.

"He's so sweet and big though. He gets rough with Kofi, but with me, he just walks around or lies down near me."

Kobi walked into the kitchen, the phone call must have ended. By now he was ready to ask something of me and I could tell from his pouty face. "Kofi trying to kick me out. What you gotta say?"  I laughed at his question, not sure what to say actually.

"Get yo ass out! You been here all week!" Came from the living room and Tally stood back on his knees, growling lowly, before stopping. Maybe he came to the conclusion it was only Kofi.

And from how he took off in that direction, I'm going to agree that he did. He just doesn't know the hell he's about to experience. Plus another version of Kofi and myself mixed, running around in about five months. Lord!

"Lolo!" Kobi said, almost pleading with me. Lena laughed over the phone, telling me to call her back later if I had time. I told her okay and the call ended shortly after.

"Kobi," I said, turning from him and checking the rice. "I can't overstep Kofi. This is his house. I'm more of a guest, than you are."

"Aye, stop fuckin' playin' with me, Lo."

I sighed, taking the salmon bites off the heat so I could make the glaze. Kobi took another step into the kitchen and Tally was back, growling again.

"See? He values ya' opinion. Talk some sense into that nigga."

"Why do you want to be here anyways?" I asked, thinking of my own attitude. After being told no so many times, my pride wouldn't allow me to continue to ask. Or beg. Kobi kneeled, rubbing Tally's head. The growling ceased shortly after and he stepped into the touch more.

"Because..."

"'Cause he got a bitch at his house that he must be tired of. Too scared to tell the hoe to leave. Told yo' ass bout letting bitches in ya' spot." Kofi interrupted, walking into the kitchen.

Tally perked up again at the sound of his voice, attempting to maneuver around to get to him. Kofi leaned down once they were in each other's reach, rubbing the big puppy's head and neck.

While I removed my glaze from the fire and the shrimp out pan so I could fix our plates.

"Have my damn back sometimes my nigga. I don't need ya' lectures, bro." Kobi said standing up from the island.

"I been having your back for twenty two fucking years, you shittin' me right now, lil' nigga? I hustled fa' ass. Don't try me, Kobi." Kofi replied, stepping in his brother's direction.

I placed a hand on his stomach to stop him from moving another inch. His newest tattoo caught my attention when I did so. I didn't move my hand from holding him because now my admiration had kicked in at the work done. It wasn't a lot, but it was perfect. "Iola Amelia" placed ideally on the back of his neck, under his hairline. The background held a shade of azure blue within the text, making the black font bolder. I had completely blocked out their bickering by now. Exhaling lowly as I came back into reality.

"That's flawless." I whispered and Kofi turned around to face me with a smile.

"Thank you, mama. I told you my boy was the best at it." He waved in the direction of Kevin who had packed up and was coming from the den area with his belongings.

"Kofi told me you wanted a big-sized piece done on your side. You got a great drawer next to you. Just give him the idea." Kevin advised and even Kobi nodded in agreement. He was also trying to sneak food. "But if you're serious, after you have the baby, of course. Let me know."

"Thanks, I will."

I offered both him and the already hungry Kobi, some food and of course, nobody turns down a home-cooked meal. I fixed Kofi's plate first, sitting it down on the island. Then putting Kevin and Kobi's inside to-go containers. Kobi took note of what I was doing, smacking his teeth.

__________________________________

Kofi V.

I was up and dressed this morning before Lolo was. Mostly because I had just gotten home right before her alarm sounded off.

We were meeting up with our designer today and also going to the doctor's office. With the builder and designer, we had to complete the final touches on the house designs. With seven acres, I wanted our house to cover at least four and a half. We would still need yard space and fencing. Iola already suggested having a limestone and marble pool with outdoor grilling and a kitchen area in the backyard.

So, today we were doing three things with the team. Completing the interior design by picking the final coloring schemes, staircase design, and flooring type. Also, our landscaping plan and lastly deciding on when we were breaking ground. To my knowledge, both of us were ready right now.  The land was clear of trees already, we just had to start building the foundation.

Before Lolo was dressed and downstairs, I went to the truck for the package I received yesterday at the office. I hadn't opened it yet, and while Lolo was straightening her hair — now was the perfect time to get my first glance.

Pulling out the mini shipping box, I used a pocket knife to slice the flaps open, removing the Best Brilliance Company's jewelry box. The beautiful six-carat engagement ring shined from the velvet box. A custom pear-cut diamond as the centerpiece and two half-carat diamonds on each side of it.

"Now, that's nice as fuck."

I snapped my head in the direction of the side door. Mentally having to talk myself out of punching Kobi in the face. He didn't seem to think anything of his sneaking around and his nonchalant response would be the source of our next fight.

"Told yo' ass to go home last night." I told him, closing the engagement ring box and stuffing it back inside the glove department of the truck. We were taking her truck today. 

"I know," He watched me close the truck door, smiling hard as shit.

I know, it was nice. Fuck that, it was stunning.

"You really popping the question?" He asked, looking over his shoulder. Tally was right behind him, his eyes wandering between the two of us. Kobi leaned against the wall, his attention back on me. He was waiting, patiently.

"Yeah."

"You nervous?"

"A lil' but, but I know she the one, so I'm good." I confessed to him, hitting the lock button on the key pod, snapping my finger for Tally to come near me.

"And how you know that?"

Cause everything I said I'll never do, I did it. At my own expense in hopes of appeasing her. I craved her love, her touch, her attention, her softness. It was deeper than love — regardless of how it happened. I just thank God, it did.

"You'll just know when you know, youngin'. There is no pinpoint moment."

___________________________________

"Oh, no heels, today?"

Dr. Philips walked inside the examination room, her eyes going straight to Iola's footwear. It's the same thing we had been talking about before she walked in.

"Y'all really doing me like that? I wore heels one time!"

"Girl, you wore heels more than one time." Dr. Philips said and I silently agreed. I couldn't remember exactly which time. These monthly check-ups were starting to blend into one another. But, I knew.

"I was going out with my girls after I left here last time. I had to be cute." Lolo said defensively, leaning back on the examination table to unbutton her jeans.

"And the tight jeans? Gotta go, ma'am." Dr. Philips said, rubbing her belly where a mark had formed from the button. Lolo looked at the mark, silently wincing before looking at the doctor and then at me.

"They comfortable though! They weren't tight. I could breathe in them." She rolled her eyes, wanting to make her point.

Thankfully today she had kept it simple with her appearance. Only wearing a cream-colored NY hoodie and some dark denim jeans. Her All-Terrain Crocs, with the Ron English Clog design on her feet along with matching cream-colored fuzzy socks. I, was just as simple. A black Draco Sweatsuit, black Vapormax sneakers with a Nike balaclava mask.

"I need my son comfortable in there, girl." I said jokingly, Dr. Philips laughing as she saw the look Lolo gave me.

The doctor turned on the sonograph machine, applying gel to Iola's belly. "Son? You already know what you want, huh?"

I didn't get a chance to respond, turning my attention to the screen. The sounds of the machine caught both of our attention. Dr. Philips moved the tube across Lolo's stomach, taking screenshots and moving symbols in places. Both of us watched her work for a while. It took no more than three minutes before she zoomed in, a low laugh coming from her.

"No secrets right?" She asked, remembering Iola's words from the last appointment. Lolo didn't want a gender reveal, no white enclosed envelope to hide from. "Reveal it to me the second you know" were her exact words last month.

"Right."

"Well...I don't know how, but Dad is right," Dr. Philips smiled in my direction, dragging the confirmation for baby boy on the screen. "You're having a boy!"

I hadn't realized I was holding my breath until she spoke the last of her words. Silence consumes me while Lolo sat up, a gleeful sound coming from her. The pride she displayed made me smile harder. Truthfully? I wanted a son for my own selfish reasons. It'll be my little secret, but this was my second chance. A new life. A new beginning.

With life comes experiences and that brings you teachable lessons. I knew better now. I knew what I took for granted the last time. This was my second breath and I wasn't gon' fuck it up.

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

30.1K 1.8K 25
๐–ธ๐—ˆ๐—Ž'๐—‹๐–พ ๐—‡๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐—…๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—† ๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—’๐—Œ, ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—’, ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—๐—๐–บ๐—'๐—Œ ๐—๐—๐—’ ๐–จ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—’...
504K 18.2K 84
๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜„๐˜๐˜€๐Ÿ˜
2.6M 89.5K 49
"It's blood bout' that pussy."
388K 10.8K 24
Issa Ariana Fletcher and Dave East Type Of Book๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ˜‰ Just Read Itโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฌ๐Ÿค—