Frozen: A Vow to Keep (Elsa x...

By Chinsangan

All you can do is run and hide. That's what you thought, anyway. What can one man do alone? Well, you aren't... More

Chapter 1: The Silent Wanderer
Chapter 2: All for a Sword
Chapter 3: The Kidnapped Queen
Chapter 4: Silence isn't an Evil
Chapter 5: The Power of a Dragon
Chapter 6: Return to a Broken Home
Chapter 7: Confidence Leaves you on your Own
Chapter 8: It's Always Something With Royalty
Chapter 9: Trusting No Words
Chapter 10: History Lesson
Chapter 11: The Dragon's Tear
Chapter 12: An Exile's Path
Chapter 13: A Broken Vow
Chapter 14: Master vs. Drakon
Chapter 15: A Drakon's Heart
Chapter 16: New Tides
Chapter 17: Thoughts Become Reality
Chapter 18: Public Enemy #1
Chapter 19: A Drakon's Path
Chapter 20: Taking Matters into Your Own Hands
Chapter 21: Two Steps Behind
Chapter 22: Reunion
Chapter 23: Absolute Failure
Chapter 24: Last One Standing
Chapter 25: Confrontation
Chapter 27: Frozen Fever Special
Chapter 28: Stay in the Room
Chapter 29: Identity
Epilogue 1

Chapter 26: A New Path

3.9K 90 15
By Chinsangan

You and Elsa reach the skies of Arendelle. She sees the destruction that has befallen her city.

"What happened?" She gasps.

You sigh and close your eyes.

"After they attacked... look, how about we get on solid ground first. I'm getting a little dizzy."

 You land in the courtyard of the castle only to be greeted by an overjoyed Sven. He runs up to Elsa and bounces around in happiness.

"Hey Sven. It's good to see you too," she warmly greets, rubbing the back of his ear.

You walk past Elsa and Sven to look inside Kristoff's sled. It's empty, meaning Anna, Rapunzel, and the others must be alright. Or they could be getting medical attention. You really don't know right now.

You take a step away from the sled then fall to one knee. You're tired beyond measure right now. Elsa looks over at you and rushes to your aid. She gets under your shoulder and helps you walk. You look down at her, and she looks at you. You are mesmerized in her blue eyes. Her innocent blue eyes that show only comfort and love. Love... that's right.

Before you can start speaking something calls out to you.

"(Y/N)! Elsa!"

You and Elsa break eye contact and turn towards the source. Anna is standing there with a large smile on her face and open arms. She rushes up to the two of you and captures you both in a big bear hug.

"Anna! You're okay!" Elsa cheerfully says.

"Yep. Pabbie fixed everyone up but good. Rapunzel is spending a moment with Eugene. There are two others that seem to be talking too. They're nice, but their hair colour is odd. Oh, and one thing," Anna whispers, bringing both your ears closer to her mouth. "I saw that little moment you two had."

"I don't know what you're talking about," you nonchalantly state. "Elsa was just helping me walk."

"It seemed more like standing still... with your lips getting closer," Anna giggles.

"Anna you already know we're in a relationship. Why're you trying to tease us?" Elsa playfully asks.

"It's fun, and also my job. You're my sister, and I have to make sure you have the right man!" Anna confidently states.

Anna lets you both go and turns her body to you. She hugs only you this time and sighs.

"And I think she has the right man."

"You only say that because I saved you," you smirk.

Anna backs away from you and shakes her head.

"No. I say that because of what you've done for my sister, and how you stood by her until the very end. You refused to give up on her. That's why she has the right man."

Elsa blushes at Anna's remark. She glances over at you. She has an adorable smile right now. You cross your arms and look away. Anna mocks you by doing the same stance.

"Hey! I don't look like that!"

"Yeah. Yeah you do," Anna laughs. "Oh, I almost forgot. You two should come to the council room. It's quite... loud in there."

Both you and Elsa raise a brow. Anna waves for you to follow her. Elsa walks through her castle and is genuinely surprised at the destruction. There's no way you're getting out of an explanation, that's for sure. She feel horrible that so much happened because of Viper. Her body becomes tense at the thought of Arendelle under attack. Even though Idonis trained the guards well, Arendelle still isn't prepared for any sort of war. Yet it still found its way into the walls.

Elsa looks to you. She can tell by the way you walk that you're absolutely exhausted. But there's more to it then what you're telling her. When you she looked into your eyes she saw pain. More than just physical pain. You have a hurt inside and she doesn't know what it is. That's another thing she'll have to ask you about.

Anna enters the room through the open gap caused by you. The entire council, along with Kristoff, Eugene, Rapunzel, Pabbie, Gaia, and the other elemental. The council is giving Gaia and the other man the cold shoulder. They're focusing everything on Rapunzel. Eugene is standing beside her, shaking his head.

"You're actually going to blame those two for it? Kristoff already explained that they were unconscious along with Anna, Rapunzel, and Pabbie. Pabbie even said they were under the same spell! You've got to be kidding me," Eugene argues.

"They are a danger to Arendelle and all of us in here!" Henry barks.

"Please, I ask the both of you to stay calm. You're not helping anyone," Pabbie says, trying to maintain the peace.

The entire room looks over and sees you, Anna, and Elsa enter the room. Everyone except the council smiles. Pabbie keeps his eyes on you and refuses to take his eyes off you. Henry storms over to Elsa.

"My Queen, we have to be rid of these assassins! They are-"

"Henry please, let me take a seat first," Elsa moans.

Elsa and Anna pass Henry and take their respective seats. Anna sits beside Kristoff and moves her chair a little closer to his. You can tell they're both happy to be back with one another. You move to the wall and lean against it. You look over to Gaia and her friend. You raise your palm towards them, acknowledging them. Gaia smiles and whispers something to her friend. He looks over at you and gives you a nod of appreciation.

"So, I would like to thank everyone for being here. I would like to start with you, Pabbie," Elsa starts. "Anna informed me that you healed everyone?"

"I've healed their minds, yes. This Viper fellow put us all under one hefty spell. But everyone should be fine. I would like to treat you too once the meeting is over, my queen," Pabbie requests.

"Of course Pabbie. Now, Henry, what was it you were going on about?"

Henry looks to the rest of the council, getting cues from all of them.

"We believe that the assassins, including the one over there," he says, looking at you. "Should be banished immediately. All of this happened because of the presence of that man. If he continues to stay here then more catastrophes may occur. That one over there is already disrespecting me for being here. He knows I exiled him."

"I'm sorry, but who was it that stopped all of this?" Kristoff asks. "It was that guy over there."

"How would you know? You're personal attachment to him has blinded you!" Henry snarls.

"And your bitterness has blinded you," Eugene cuts in. "I don't know much about politics, but I do know facts. The fact is that (Y/N) saved your queen and princess. He also saved the princess of my city. That means Corona is indebted to that man."

Rapunzel nods. "From what Eugene and Kristoff have told me, I agree. He's done a lot for everyone, Queen Elsa. I vouch for him."

"Oh please, those two know nothing," a councilman hisses.

"We know nothing, oh why I aughtta-"

"Kristoff, lets stay civil," Anna suggests.

Kristoff sits back down and clears his throat.

"I want a second opinion. Idonis has been around since the time of my capture. What does he have to say? Where is he?" Elsa asks, looking around.

You tighten the grip on your clothes. Your eyes cringe at the sound of your dead friend. Dead because of these idiot council members.

"He fell in battle, my queen," Henry softly states, feigning sorrow.

"He fell because you left him to die then blamed me for it!" You scream, making your way out of the room.

"(Y/N)!" Elsa calls out, but it's no use.

You leave the room and take a hard right. Gaia and the other man quickly follow you.

Elsa collects herself and looks to Henry.

"So how did Idonis die?"

Kristoff and Eugene stand up.

"We know, and we have witnesses," Eugene states.

Henry begins to look concerned.

"By all means," Elsa allows.

Kristoff turns to the nearest guard. He beckons him over, which the guard quickly responds to.

"Please, tell the queen exactly what happened."

"Well, my queen, Idonis was defending the courtyard all alone. We had enough man power to bring everyone to the basement, and aid Idonis in his efforts. However, the council ordered us to retreat. Durr and Felix ignored them and went to help. They are dead as well. The council threatened our families."

Elsa looks over at the council. They all are extremely concerned.

"H-he's just a soldier. He doesn't have the credibility we do," Henry nervously spews.

"Every soldier that was in the room can confirm his story, as well as Eugene and me," Kristoff counters.

Elsa sighs and looks over to the council.

"I can't do anything to the Coronian council members, but for our council... well, action will be taken. Until I get a detailed description of that day, all Arendellian council members are suspended from their position, and all rank and power is to be stripped from them.

The council uproars.

"You can't do this to us!"

"We've been nothing but loyal!"

"We did no such thing!"

Henry gets out of his seat and takes a step closer to the queen.

"Queen Elsa, you can't do this. We've been in this position since your father became king. We have more experience than you could ever have!"

"Excuse me Henry, but I think I can make my own decisions. My decision is final."

Kristoff and Eugene smile the two get out of their seat and approach Elsa.

"May we go check on (Y/N)?"

Elsa nods.

"I'll be right with you after I finish up here and with Pabbie."

Kristoff and Eugene rush out of the room to find you.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You walk out of the room and walk down the right hallway.

That bastard trying to act like he cares. He has no idea what kind of man Idonis was... I just want to crush him with my own to hands.

"(Y/N)!" Gaia calls.

You turn around and see the two approach you.

"Who is this?"

The man extends his hand.

He is very skinny. He has some muscles, but he still looks slim. He has light blue hair that is tied back in a ponytail. He has a very gritty, decayed version of the Scorpion Clan armour on. The armour itself if a very strong layer of lightweight armour that the Scorpion Clan like to keep to themselves. It does have a scorpion latching onto the chest. Its legs wrap around the entire body and connect at the center of the back. The tail goes down the chest and stops at the separation of the legs.

If there's one thing that's certain, it's that the Serpent Clan probably is the most defensive clan out of them all. Their armour and fighting style focus mainly on defense more than anything else. Of course they can still pack one hell of a punch, but they aren't as effective as the Dragon Clan. Well, what the Dragon Clan once was.

"They call me Tempest, the lightning elemental," he greets.

"Good to meet you, Tempest."

You turn to Gaia.

"So you're both okay?"

"We're fine, thank you," Gaia smiles. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I know the clan was your life, and now it's gone."

You cross your arms and flick your head to the side.

"It's... fine. Idonis showed me a brighter side to it all, anyway."

"What was it?"

You pause for a moment. You crack a smirk and look at Gaia.

"I'm not rebuilding this time. The Dragon Clan stays dead."

"What?" She gasps.

Tempest is also a little taken back. The seven clans have existed since the beginning of history. No matter what they were always around. The loss of one is a serious matter.

"Gaia, I ask two things of you. Please, fix the forests of Arendelle one more time. I know you've done it once before, and I don't know how much strain that put on you, but I want it to be fixed. I don't want nature paying for my fight. After that, go with Tempest to his clan. Tell them I personally recommend you."

"You're giving up? Just like that?" She asks.

"No... not giving up. I'm starting anew. Trust me Gaia, this is for the best."

"If... you say so," she submits.

You hear the sadness in her voice. You cringe at this. You don't want her to see this as an end. You want her to see it the way you do. But I suppose it's difficult to see things the way you do.

Gaia extends her hand. You grab her hand and shake it. She quickly pulls you into a hug. You reluctantly accept.

"Don't die, will you?" She whispers.

"I won't. Oh, and Tempest," you say, looking over at him. "Tell your Grand Master to spread a message to all the clans. I want to hold a meeting here in the castle. Can you do that for me?"

Tempest nods. "It's the least I can do."

You break off from Gaia and give her one last nod. She and Tempest turn away and walk away. The two of the three remaining elementals. There used to be so many more... maybe more will show up in the future. It's uncertain, but you hope so.

You see Kristoff and Eugene come around the corner and approach you. You dread the news they could bring.

"(Y/N)!" Kristoff yells with a smile.

"What is it, Kristoff?"

The two stop in front of you with smiles on their faces.

"I thought you'd be happy to know that the council is being punished for their actions."

"Oh really?" You question with a smirk.

Eugene bobs his head.

"They are indeed. When Rapunzel and I return to Corona our councilmen will be punished as well."

"Speaking of her, how are Rapunzel and Anna? They seem to be holding up well."

Kristoff chuckles a bit.

"No, they really aren't. The two buried themselves in our arms and cried as soon as they woke up. They're tough, no doubt, but this was something that really got to them."

You sigh. "If only I got there sooner... maybe-"

"No, don't do that to yourself," Eugene snaps.

"Yeah, you did all you could. Besides, you did save them in the end. Everything that happened on the way just... you can't focus on it."

You give Kristoff a smile.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks. I don't think I could have made it this far without you two."

"Of course you couldn't," Eugene confidently laughs.

"You know, you two make a good team," you comment.

The two look at each other then back at you. Kristoff shrugs and Eugene strikes a pose. This makes you laugh a bit. The three of you walk down the hall, towards your room.

"So... can I ask about Elsa fighting that guy instead of you?"

You stop and turn to Kristoff, giving him an unamused face. Kristoff laughs at the face you make.

"Careful Kristoff, I can easily use the fact that Anna has you wrapped around her finger."

"No she doesn't!" Kristoff replies.

You shrug. "Whatever you say. But I heard that Anna gave you some non-pointed shoes. And everyone knows how much you like pointy shoes."

You look down at his feet to see a different pair of normal shoes.

"Look at that. No points."

Kristoff gives you a face that blatantly shows he's unamused with you. You and Eugene can't help but laugh at his expense.

"Hey, what're you laughing at?" Kristoff shouts. "You all clearly underestimate me."

"No, not at all Kristoff. I've estimated you right," you comment.

"Oh by the way, I think Elsa wanted to chat with you (Y/N). You should go find her," Eugene mentions.

"She said she'd find us," Kristoff reminds.

"Yes, but I feel like we should all spend more time with our girls. I'm going to go see Rapunzel now. We're spending the night here then going back to Corona. Kristoff, I would think Anna would appreciate your company tonight too."

Kristoff nods his head.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'll go find her now."

Kristoff and Eugene begin to walk away. Kristoff looks back at you for a moment.

"Elsa's probably in her room with Pabbie. I'd go there right now."

You nod. Kristoff and Eugene proceed down the hall and into another corridor. You stare down the same hallway for a minute before turning away. You turn your attention to the hallway leading to Elsa's room. Of course there are a multitude of ways to get around in the castle, so she could have gotten there without running into you. Then again, you don't really know how much damage the castle really took. You never took an in-depth look at the damage. Elsa will probably know soon, which means you'll know at some point.

You slowly walk down the hallway and towards your room. Your room is close to Elsa's, so you can visit her once Pabbie is gone. You approach your room and enter. It's mostly intact. A little messy, that's all. A little mess isn't a huge problem around here. The biggest problems are the distinct lack of stone everywhere. But your room is fine. You walk up to a mannequin in your room. It's weird to see a wooden person, but it's not the weirdest thing you've ever seen.

You take off your coat and place it on the mannequin. You look at your arms, which are scarred from your battle. Using the dragon power stopped the immediate bleeding and prevented possible death, but you couldn't heal yourself entirely. Thus, the scars are there. You don't mind them much anyway. You're used to scars.

You stretch your arms out real good. You start making circles with them. You walk towards the window and stare out of it. It's a nice day. Thank goodness it's not winter time. The castle isn't in condition for the winter. But the blazing sun is a good sign. It always is. Well, most of the time.

You look at the side of your armour, to the buckles. You start unbuckling the armour. You get to the last one and open up the plating. Your body absorbs all the oxygen it can get once you expose it, and it turn releases a large amount of heat. You smile at the feeling of a little freedom. Of course the armour feels like skin for you, but still. It's good to be a little exposed once in a while.

You clip the armour onto the mannequin as well. This is proving to be very helpful for you. You walk over to the bed and sit down on the edge of it. You place your elbow on your knee and rest your head on your hand. Your other hand droops down between your two legs. You feel like you should get some sleep. You don't sleep often, but you no doubt earned it after all this. But something is keeping you awake. Maybe-

The door opens. You look over to see who it is. Elsa enters the room and looks over at you. You stand up and into the glare of the sun. She notices the scars around your body. Your chest area is more bruised than scarred. She has a concerned look on her face as she walks in.

"Hey," she softly states.

"Hey... did Pabbie help you at all?"

"Surprisingly yes," she responds, closing the door behind her. "He got rid of a pain I didn't even know I had. He said that it would do harm me in the long run. Maybe manipulate me or something. But it's gone, so it's no concern."

"Well, I'm glad you're safe. I'm glad all of you are safe."

"We're only safe because of you," she says, taking a few steps closer to you while her hands fidget.

You sigh and turn towards the window. You walk towards it and lean against the window ceil.

"I'm not one for praise, Elsa. I know yours is better than the councils but... I'm still not for it."

Elsa chuckles and takes a few more steps towards you. She stops two steps behind you.

"Kristoff had an interesting talk with me. Pabbie too."

"Oh? And what did they say?"

"Well," Elsa starts with a tone that sounds like she's toying with you. "Kristoff gave me an interesting speech about the similarities between you and I, and Kristoff and Anna."

You roll your eyes with a smile.

"Kristoff is just trying to-"

"Ahp, I'm not done. Pabbie also had something to say. He told me something that I've been refusing to tell myself. He knows people better than they know themselves sometimes. Besides that, Anna told me that when your eyes were open, you kept looking at me."

"Henry was getting rowdy. I didn't want anyth-"

"Why are you being like this?" Elsa snaps, still in a calm voice.

You breathe everything out of your nose, keeping your eyes on the ocean.

"Elsa... I don't know what you're asking. I told you, I'm not one for recog-"

"It's not that (Y/N). There's more to it than that and you know it. I just want you to say it to me."

"Say. What?" You slowly ask.

"Say that you love me the way I love you!"

The room goes dead for a moment. You slowly turn around and look at Elsa. You can see she has a few tears around her eyes.

"I see the pain in your eyes (Y/N). You can act all big and bad but I see right through it. You can rely on me. You know that right? And yet you act this way. I just don't understand why you're trying to distance yourself right now. Do you want me to go first? Do you want me to pour my heart out to you? Show you that I have feelings and weaknesses too? Then I will. I hurt my sister, (Y/N). I hurt her more than I think I can make up for. My parents died and I wasn't there to hold her hand. To give her a hug and say that her big sister was there for her. The only love I believed in was for family because that's all I ever knew and for years I thought even that was lost to m-""

"I love you."

Elsa stares at you for a moment.

"You... do?"

You nod.

"I do. I think... I think it took Kristoff to make me realize it."

"Kristoff talked to you too? Was it the day befor-"

"Elsa, I want to tell you something. You said that something is bothering me? Well there is. Everyone is dead, Elsa."

"No. You saved-"

"How many did I save, Elsa? Five? Six people? And yet how many people have died because of me? All the innocents that were slaughtered. I know that I saved people who were important to me but... the number of people I lost is just so much. Idonis, Durr, Daniel, Felix, Cassandra, Roy."

"(Y/N) those weren't your-"

"Those villages that were massacred. My friends from the clan who were killed because I couldn't save them. So many people! The council was right. I brought so much death here. I cut so many lives short!"

You walk to your window and throw your fist into the castle wall. Luckily you're too tired to actually do some damage.

"(Y/N) stop, don't think that way," Elsa demands, rushing in front of you and pulling you into a hug. "You've done so much for us. For Arendelle. You know Viper was going after Anna and myself anyway. If you weren't here then he would have gotten us easy, and it would've been over. And... I may not know much about your clan but they didn't leave you any choice. You can tell yourself over and over that you could have done something differently, but in reality you couldn't. You did everything in your power for you clan, and for Arendelle."

"I think... Idonis was right," you mutter.

"About what?"

"That I'm trying to balance two completely opposite lives. I can't do that. The truth now is that I'm no longer an assassin. I think it's time for me to truly accept that, and I'm going to do that with you."

You move Elsa a little away from you, but keep your arms on her shoulders.

"I'm not an assassin. I'm a man. I'm a man of this city, loyal to it for as long as I live. Loyal to you for as long as I live. I don't care about how long it's supposed to take or what's right... I love you Elsa. There's no denying that."

"So are you saying you need my help?" She asks with some attitude.

You smirk. "Yes, Elsa. I need your help. Is that the only thing you got out of what I said?"

"No. But being queen has taught me to pick out information and make the most out of it. I'm glad to see that you're more than just a fighter. You're a man. A man who can admit to his weaknesses."

"I wouldn't go that far," you say, trying to guide Elsa into a different train of thought.

"Shh, one step at a time. We'll get you there."

Elsa pulls you in for a kiss. You return her passion with some of your own. You wrap your arms around her, pulling her closer to you.

Elsa smiles and breaks off from you.

"Get some rest (Y/N). You look exhausted."

"You would be too if went through what I just did!"

"I had my fair share of battles," she contests.

You grin.

"Yes, that you did. You have a lot of skill. Idonis taught you well."

"He taught you well too."

You stare at Elsa for a moment. You divert your eyes to the mannequin.

"Yes. He did."

Elsa looks over at the mannequin then back at you.

"Get some sleep," she orders, pushing you onto your bed.

"Of course, my queen. Whatever you say," you sarcastically smile.

"Oh don't start doing that. It's so weird."

You shrug and get comfortable on your bed. You rest your hands behind your head and look at the ceiling for a moment.

"I'll try to rely on you more often. I promise."

Elsa keeps her smile to herself and walks out of the room.

You close your eyes and doze off instantly. You probably weren't going to wake up for a whole week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 2.5K 18
You save the Queen of Arendelle from Prince Hans. Now you are suddenly falling for the Queen. You swear on your life that you will protect her and An...
171K 4.7K 18
King Agnarr and Queen Iduna send out guards to get someone who can help their daughter, Elsa, control her powers. The guards search Arendelle, and ev...
203 15 4
The Kingdom of Arendelle stood as a beacon of greatness, yet it shared the world stage with another formidable realm---the Ignisheim Empire. Renowned...
204K 7.7K 44
You are just an orphan girl from the Southern Isles trying to get by. When the stormy wind blows your ship into the harbour of Arendelle your life ta...