Frozen: A Vow to Keep (Elsa x...

By Chinsangan

All you can do is run and hide. That's what you thought, anyway. What can one man do alone? Well, you aren't... More

Chapter 1: The Silent Wanderer
Chapter 2: All for a Sword
Chapter 3: The Kidnapped Queen
Chapter 4: Silence isn't an Evil
Chapter 5: The Power of a Dragon
Chapter 6: Return to a Broken Home
Chapter 7: Confidence Leaves you on your Own
Chapter 8: It's Always Something With Royalty
Chapter 9: Trusting No Words
Chapter 10: History Lesson
Chapter 11: The Dragon's Tear
Chapter 12: An Exile's Path
Chapter 13: A Broken Vow
Chapter 14: Master vs. Drakon
Chapter 15: A Drakon's Heart
Chapter 16: New Tides
Chapter 17: Thoughts Become Reality
Chapter 18: Public Enemy #1
Chapter 19: A Drakon's Path
Chapter 20: Taking Matters into Your Own Hands
Chapter 21: Two Steps Behind
Chapter 22: Reunion
Chapter 23: Absolute Failure
Chapter 25: Confrontation
Chapter 26: A New Path
Chapter 27: Frozen Fever Special
Chapter 28: Stay in the Room
Chapter 29: Identity
Epilogue 1

Chapter 24: Last One Standing

2.7K 71 18
By Chinsangan

You feel like you're sinking. Sinking down into the dark depths of the planet. You feel water all around you, but you can still breathe. It's warm, and comforting. It's almost like you don't want to leave where you are. It's not like there's anything to go back to now. Elsa is gone. What's the point of opening your eyes? What's the point of taking another breath? Nobody is there to help you up. Nobody is there to-

"(Y/N)," a soft voice calls out. "Why are you lying around? You have work to do."

Your hand starts to fidget.

"Ca...Cass? Is that you?"

"Don't you want to save everyone? You never seemed like the kind of person to lay down and die. What's wrong?"

"Cass... I lost everything. I think it might be time to join you and the Master."

"What? You can't join us now. You have so much more to do. Besides, you can't give up on love."

"L-love? What are you talking about?"

"You and Elsa. Jeez, you really are clueless sometimes," she giggles.

"But she's gone."

"So find her."

You stop thinking for a moment and laugh.

"Yeah, I guess that is the solution, isn't it?"

"It is. Now stop lying there and get moving. And please, don't make me see you again."

"Why?"

"We're not together anymore, (Y/N). I'm not the one who you should be focusing on. That part of your life is over. You need to move on with Elsa. So find her, and make a life for yourself!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You start moving your body. You breathe in the water, which doesn't fill your lungs. Air fills them. Feeling starts coming back to your body. You can feel the pain in your back and stomach. You can feel the dirt beneath you. Your eyes open and you take a huge breath of air. You look around and see the sun shining down upon you. You fall back to the ground and look around. Cassandra's grave is right beside you.

"Thank you, Cass. Thank you for everything."

You look over to the temple and frown. You can't even see the main temple, which means it has to be destroyed. You get to your feet and brush away the dirt. You slowly walk away from the grave and through the broken wall that Viper threw you through. You look around and sigh. Your body fills with a melancholy feeling.

You can see your fellow clan members all over the place. They're bloody and not breathing. You walk over to Daniel's corpse and kneel. His eyes are completely white, and he doesn't look like he took much damage. You place your fingers on his neck and slide it around a bit. You can't feel anything. Daniel is dead as well. You close his eye lids and stand up.

Viper's gonna pay for what he did here.

You look over at the main temple and head towards it. You enter through a giant whole where the door used to be. Everything seems destroyed and burned. You doubt anything useful is still here... but...

You walk over to the hallway that Gaia made. It's been covered, and doesn't seem to be messed with. You push some of the rocks out of the way and observe the hallway. It's untouched, which means all the Drakon secrets are still safe. You smile and throw some of the rocks back into position. You'll come back soon, but you need to be somewhere right now. You need to see how Idonis held up in Arendelle.

He probably got everyone to safety. If anything, he's keeping the council in the basement section. It'll be good to have him help out with this.

You turn around from the exit and notice some more bodies. It's not all your clan though, which makes you smile. If there is one good thing about all this, it's that your clan took out hundreds of them. You hope that makes a difference. You don't want their sacrifice to be in vein.

You walk out of the temple and through the courtyard. It suddenly hits you that almost everyone is gone. The Dragon Clan is once again almost extinct. There's only yourself, Idonis, and Gaia left. Well, you hope Gaia is left. You look around the entire courtyard once more to fully take in what has happened. You keep thinking there is something you could have done. If you acted sooner, planned better. Something.

You shake your head and dismiss those thoughts. They won't help now. All that will help is finding Idonis, then finding Elsa. You extend your wings and launch out of the courtyard and into the sky. You look towards Arendelle – your destination. You start flying that way, but something catches your eye. You look to your left and notice smoke coming out of Tocia City.

Viper hit them too? Poor city... they had no chance.

You take a moment to think and nod your head. You change course and head to Tocia. You land inside the city where a fire is consuming a building. You close your eyes and listen for any sign of someone inside. You ignore the crackling and blaze of the fire to find a faint sound. Someone inside there is breathing in there!

You open your eyes and rush into the building. The fire doesn't catch onto your coat, thankfully. You follow the sound to the upstairs portion. There is a small ledge made of stone a bit high up the wall. A small child is lying on it, trying to stay away from the fire below. You push past the fire and reach for the child's hand. You grab it and pull them down into your arms. You look to the nearby window and rush out of it. You burst through the window and land on the street. You move away from the fire and close to a nearby fountain that still holds some water.

You lay the child down and cup some of the water into your hands. You dump it on the child's face, clearing off some of the grime on his face. You can hear his breathing becoming somewhat regular. You smile and push off your leg. You look around and try to listen for any sort of gathering. You can't leave this kid here alone.

Thankfully you pick up some people outside of the town. You grab the kid and run out of the city limits. You follow the noise to a small camp in the woods. The guards there look over at you when you come in sight. They see the child and quickly come to your side.

"He needs some water and rest. He'll be fine."

"Thank you sir. You're a hero," the one of the guards thanks as he takes the child.

"Where did you find him?" The other asks.

"In a burning building. Have you swept the entire city?"

"No, sadly. We're such a mess right now. A giant snake came out of nowhere along with these... ninjas. We were completely overrun."

"So we should look for more people," you bluntly state.

The guard is a little taken back at your statement.

"You'll help us?"

"I'm not going to leave knowing there are more people in danger. Gather who you can and we'll move in on the city."

The guards smiles and runs off into one of the larger tents.

You begin to move in on the city. You go through the forest until you reach the gate. You can hear half a dozen guards coming from behind you. It'll help to have some extra hands. They line up with you. The same guard from earlier is beside you. He turns to face you.

"What can we do?"

"Just follow my lead. I can find anyone still alive in there. I'll tell you where some are while I search for more."

The guard nods.

"Hear that men? We're gonna save our people!"

The seven of you run into the city to find survivors. You use your hearing to find at least thirty civilians caught in the blaze. You even find some guards who are caught as well. After about ten minutes you are able to sweep through the entire city. It was easy since you knew where to look, and didn't have to waste time going through every building.

You and the guards exit the city. You are carrying a young woman in your arms. She is barely conscious. You all walk back to the camp and put everyone down. The woman in your arms looks around and sees a young boy drinking some water.

"D-david!" She cries out, weakly.

You look over to where her eyes are. It's the young boy you saved first. You carry the woman over to him and set her down beside him. He looks over at you. As soon as he sees the woman his face lights up.

"Mom!"

He hugs his mother and starts crying.

"It was so scary mommy!"

"I know, I know. It's okay now," she whispers.

You can tell she's barely holding it together, but it makes you smile to see the two reunited. The little boy looks over to you and smiles.

"You saved me and my mommy!"

The woman glances at you.

"You saved my son? Sir, how can I ever repay you?"

"You don't. It's fine, really."

This is a weird feeling for you. You've never been one to receive such praise from people. Usually you are in and out fast enough that nobody even notices you were there. But now you just saved innocent lives, and they're thanking you for it. It's also odd how you chose to do this. Even though you have a stern objective you still diverted to help out these people. You never would have done that during your clan days. Maybe being in Arendelle has changed you more than you realize,

You smile and walk away from the two. One of the guards notices you leave and rushes towards you. He grabs your shoulder and spins you around.

"Sir, I must know... who are you? Why would you help us?"

You stare blankly at him for a moment.

"I'm nobody; just a traveler who saw that you needed some assistance."

You turn back and jump into the trees, vanishing in a flash. A few of the guards and civilians watch you leave. You may not know it, but they'll never forget you.

You go through the trees for some time before spreading your wings and soaring into the air. You didn't want everyone to see your wings. It might freak them out a little bit. Still, you have a weird feeling after all that. Looks like you have a short story to tell Idonis when you get to him.

You can see Arendelle now. You can see smoke and fire inside what's left of the walls. You land just outside the city and walk in. It reminds you of Tocia and the Dragon Clan temple. Bodies are all over the place. Most of them are guards, however. That doesn't make you feel any better about it. You could have saved these men, but you didn't.

You shake your head to eliminate those thoughts, but it doesn't work. The words Daniel said are still echoing through your mind.

"We didn't need you. We had a plan."

If he was right, your trip there was pointless. You could have saved some of these men. Only time will tell if you made the right choice. Right now, it doesn't seem like it.

You try to ignore the bodies as best you can, but you can't help but notice every single one of them. Every building that's been destroyed. Every flower that no longer grows strong. Arendelle is a shell of its former self right now. You can almost hear the screams of the ghosts as the Serpent Clan cuts down innocents. The maniacal laugh they use while murdering people. This very thought gets your blood boiling. Killing people isn't a sport, yet they treat it like one.

You traverse across the bridge and into the main courtyard. There are bodies everywhere. Most of them are Serpent Clan members. Idonis is the first person to come to mind. You smile. You walk in closer and notice something on the wall. Your eyes widen when you recognize who it is.

"Felix!" You yell. You rush over and jump to his position. You grab a kunai from your belt and shove into a wall so you can hang there. You can tell he's dead. There's not a question in your mind. You sigh and place your hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure you fought with everything you had."

You take out all the blades that hold in there, allowing him to fall to the ground. You let go of your kunai and catch Felix's body. You land on the ground and lay him against the wall. You look over and see another body you think you recognize. There is a katana coming out of his stomach, which makes you fear the worst. You walk over to him and lift him up. Durr's dead eyes meet yours. You close your eyes and look away for a moment.

"Fighting to protect the city till the end, huh? I would expect nothing less from you, Durr."

You take the katana out of his stomach and carry him over to where Felix is. You lay Durr beside Felix and sigh. There's only one fighting man left you need to find. You look around to see if there's anyone else you could have missed.

Something grabs your attention. Idonis' weapon is half under stone. You walk over to it and move the stone away. This reveals a beaten and bloody Idonis.

"Idonis!" You cry out.

You lift his upper body up. He's got cuts and stab wounds all over him.

"No, no this can't be. Not you too!"

Suddenly he starts coughing up some blood. He opens his eyes a bit and smiles.

"I'm... glad I... was able to... see you... once more..."

"Idonis... how?"

"I... slowed my... heart rate... less blood loss. But... I can't escape... death..."

"What... no, we can get you help! Find you someone!"

Idonis chuckles.

"Oh... you're still... so young... What happened... with Elsa?"

You try and hold yourself together, but you're failing. For the second time in your life you can feel tears coming on.

"I lost her... They took her and I can't find them. Besides that, Viper took out Arendelle AND the Dragon Clan. They're gone Idonis. We're all that's left," you sob.

"No... you're all that's... left."

Your eyes widen.

"What? No, Idonis you have to live! We can do something... rebuild, find Elsa! You can't leave me!"

"I... have to... I noticed something... when we argued yesterday... My death... and the death of... the clan... is necessary for... you to grow... You aren't... the Drakon assassin anymore... you are (Y/N)... of Arendelle... you have a life... with Elsa now... You have to... leave the clan behind... or you won't be able to live... peacefully... You can't be... the Grand Master... of the Dragon Clan and... a defender of... the queen..."

"But... Idonis I don't want to lose you too. You're all I have left. You're the only family I have left."

"Heh... heh... We... are family... But I'm old... My time is over... and yours is... just beginning... I can join the Master... once more... tell him about... you..."

"Idonis... I don't want you to leave. I don't want to lose everyone! Not again! Why is it that everyone leaves me alone! I don't want to be alone anymore Idonis! I don't!" You cry.

"You don't... have to lose... everyone... Find Elsa... you can... move on with Elsa... I see the way... you two look at... each other... it's deeper... than you and Cassandra... Kristoff... and Anna... see you as a... friend... You have a... new... life here in... in Arendelle... You can... be someone... new... You aren't an assassin... anymore... you are your own man... now... make what you want with it..."

Idonis gives one last smile before closing his eyes and letting out his last bit of air. A few tears streak down your face. You want to wail. You want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you don't. You remain silent in honour of your passing friend. You stand up and keep your eyes on Idonis. You wipe away a few tears and get your head back on right. You have things to do. However his words circle your mind.

So... my old life and new one are colliding, huh? You always have something weird to say, don't you? But... maybe he's right. I'm not an assassin anymore. But... what am I if not an assassin? That's all I've ever known. It's all I'll ever be. At least... that's what I thought for most of my life.

It hits you that you're all that's left now. You're the only person who's alive from the Dragon Clan. Everyone is dead. But... you can rebuild. Do you even want to rebuild? It's like your thoughts are battling one another. You want to rebuild once more but both Idonis AND Cassandra said to move on. Is it time to move on? Can you even forget an entire life you had? Strip it away and start again? Can you do that?

You pick up Idonis' body and bring it beside Durr and Felix. You close your eyes and try to keep calm. You still want to punch something really hard or scream. You don't think that feeling is going to go away for a while. In the meantime, you have to find Kristoff, Eugene, and all the civilians that were moved to the basement of the castle.

You enter the castle and move to the basement area. It's locked, as you would expect it to be. You push the secret brick to move the wall out of the way. You approach the door and knock on it. You can hear some rustling and such behind the door.

"Kristoff, Eugene. It's me!"

"(Y/N)?" You hear Kristoff exclaim.

You hear the locks rapidly open and the door fly open. You smile at Kristoff, who has a goofy look on his face.

"You're okay! But... where were you?"

"We can talk about that later. The city is empty, so we're good to leave this place. Let's talk after all the civilians are out."

Kristoff nods and turns back to the group of people behind him. To your surprise, the majority of the city was able to get to safety. Idonis did his job well... until the end...

"Alright people, are city is secure once again! We can go back out there and... see the damage. The guards will go to the city first and clean up the best they can. Let's move out!"

Everyone slowly but surely piles out of the basement and to the various areas of the castle. The remaining guards gather the dead and bring them close to the water. They will all be respected once everything has calmed down a bit. The council sets up in the meeting chamber. You, Kristoff and Eugene take a moment to yourselves.

You pick up Idonis' body and carry it outside of the city. Kristoff and Eugene accompany you.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N). I know he was close to you," Eugene consoles.

"Yeah, he was."

You dig some dirt out and create a hole for him. It's right on the edge of the river. You can basically walk across the water and get to the castle. You place his body in the hole and fill it back up. You, Kristoff, and Eugene stay silent in respect of Idonis. Kristoff looks over at you. Eugene keeps his eyes to the ground.

"So... how did he die?" You ask.

Kristoff and Eugene look at each other. Kristoff breathes in and exhales.

"The council thought it best to let Idonis hold them off. I wanted to send the last of our guards but the council said no. Durr and Felix run out ran out to help but... well..."

"So... the council doomed Idonis... Damn them," you say, fist clenching.

Kristoff walks up beside you and places his hand on your shoulder.

"So... what happened? With Elsa, I mean."

You sigh and look out to the fjord.

"This giant snake came out of nowhere and ruined the entire thing. It caught me off guard. Serpent Clan members poured out of it and overwhelmed me. There was just too much for me to handle. Elsa was taken and I can't hear the whistle. I can't find her. Besides that, the Dragon Clan temple is destroyed. My clan is dead. I'm all that's left of it now since Idonis is gone."

"Man... I'm sorry. That must be hard to cope with," Kristoff mentions.

"It's fine. All that matters now is rescuing Rapunzel, Anna... and Elsa. Nothing can get in my way now. I'm going to find them," you say with pure determination.

Kristoff and Eugene smile. They know you will find them. A guard approaches the three of you and bows.

"Sirs, the council is requesting your presence."

Kristoff and Eugene share a concerned look. You stare blankly out at the fjord. You look down at Idonis' grave. You take out his weapon and stab it in the dirt to mark his grave.

There's one more person who's on your head Viper. You're racking up quite the count... And I'm the reaper who's going to collect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292 18 4
The Kingdom of Arendelle stood as a beacon of greatness, yet it shared the world stage with another formidable realm---the Ignisheim Empire. Renowned...
18.9K 345 12
You're the highest ranking General in the mireanian army in the kingdom of Mireania. One day you lead the attack and invasion of Arendelle, and your...
236K 6K 18
Male Elsa X Maid Reader As any young prince Elson had his own personal maid. His maid was there to serve him and keep him company if he so chose to h...
123K 4.3K 15
ᯐ π…π‘πˆπ†πˆπƒ ( π™΅πšπ™Ύπš‰π™΄π™½: 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝟷 ) ─────────────────── ❝ π‡πŽπ– π‚πŽπ”π‹πƒ π˜πŽπ” 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 π‹πŽπ•π„ π’πŽπŒπ„πŽπŒπ„ π‹πˆπŠπ„ πŒπ„..?❞ ❝..𝐈...