The Swirling Storm Inside

By jess_hi

Nina grew up on The Isle of the Lost along with many other kids, although many things were different about he... More

Chapter 1-The Guards
Chapter 2- Odette
Chapter 3-Leave Me Alone
Chapter 4- Hey Chad
Chapter 5- I'm Smarter
Chapter 6- Horses
Chapter 7- Let's Party
Chapter 8- Not an Accomplishment
Chapter 9- Uh, Thank You
Chapter 10- I Am Enough
Chapter 11- I'm Fine Just Stupid
Chapter 12- Who Am I Supposed To Be?
Chapter 13- The Passageway
Chapter 14- A Home
Chapter 15- Soldier Boy
Chapter 17- The Last Night
Chapter 18- Tonight Was About You (Spicey)
Chapter 19- I Know It's A Lot
Chapter 20- This Life
Chapter 21- I'm Always Down for a Drink
Chapter 22- Thank You for Everything (Spicy)
Chapter 23- You Done?
Chapter 24- The Storm Had Come
Chapter 25- I Proved Both Wrong
Chapter 26- I Do Have You

Chapter 16- Lots to Catch Up On

287 9 0
By jess_hi

Stretching, I looked around the dressing rooms, watching everyone buzzing around.

Makeup was being done, costumes were being carted around, and the other dancers were stretching.

"You excited?" Clarence asked, coming to sit beside me.

"I suppose. I've never danced in an official ballet before, so should be interesting," I replied, leaning over my leg.

"Well I'm sure you will do wonderfully, I mean, look at how we have been practicing. Everyone will be watching you," he said, and I paused.

"They're already watching," I muttered, and Clarence gently reached out, patting me softly.

"I won't deny that they are. If you ever need to get away, our door is always open," he said, before pulling away.

"Except no one has ever been able to find your magical land without an escort," I replied, and he raised an eyebrow.

"I can do my research," I added, and he chuckled.

"But no one is like you. You'll get in. I have no doubts," he smirked, as Odette came up to us.

"Good to see you both having a great time but shouldn't you both be warming up?" She asked, twitching nervously.

"We always stretch before warm up. Odette what's wrong?" Clarence asked, and she glanced around.

"The Royal families are here. Arendelle, The Nutcracker's, Sleeping Beauty, and King Ben even. There are so many people, it has to be perfect," she said, pacing slightly.

"Odette, it's going to be alright. Look at who we have dancing the lead," Clarence said, standing and putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Take a deep breath."

She paused, doing as he said, and you could see the tension lower from her shoulders.

"Well still. I don't want anyone getting hurt midshow. Hop to it!" She said, before speeding away.

"Is she always like that?" I asked, and he nodded with a chuckle.

"Yeah. I think it has something to do with her dance with Odile. The last dance is the most important," he replied, finishing his stretching standing.

"What's it like being a prince?" I blurted without thinking, before covering my expression again.

He paused, surprised at the sudden outburst.

"It's hard, I won't lie to you. As I'm the oldest, the Kingdom is going to me. Unlike here, they want to wait I am older to crown me however. Your cousin will take the throne, so you don't have to deal with that. But. People are watching everything. If you mess up, even a little bit, no one let's you forget it," he answered honestly, watching me carefully.

"You're scared aren't you? What are you scared of?" He asked, reaching his hand out to pull me up.

I opened and closed my mouth a couple times when we were walking over to the barres.

"At a very young age, I got the name of the trouble kid, then the name of the one who would seduce people for selfish reasons. I never changed it, because that meant people didn't have any expectations of me. But now, people will. And I don't know if I'll be able to meet them."

I started to warm up my legs, doing different exercises to get the muscles working.

"They should hopefully understand. Your background is very different from what the Royal families are used to. Just try your best, and when in doubt, keep quiet. It'll get easier as time goes on."

"They didn't understand for Mal, and she was just dating a prince. As excited as I am to have a family, I'm willing to bet they will have their strict rules," I explained, my back to him as I said this.

"I won't say that you're wrong. But for today, just focus on the dance. It will be something that the public will love for their new princess. Something prim and proper." Clarence mentioned, and I nodded, turning back towards him.

"I suppose that's true. Now, enough of this emotional stuff. Let's practice some lifts."

***

The ballet was going perfect.

Getting to throw my snowflakes around was incredible, and the crowd applauded everytime.

It also helped keep me calm through it, giving the release of the magic throughout it.

I tried to avoid eye contact with the crowd, because I knew what everyone was expecting there.

The reporters were waiting for me to fail, to catch their new villain princess mess up in front of everyone.

Gale was sitting in the corner, not disturbing anyone, but I knew that she was there.

Audrey was sitting, still fuming that I had gotten the lead, however not doing anything to impede the ballet.

Most likely, she knew that interfering would look worse on her than it would on me.

Finally, it was the last scene, Nukka and I holding hands as Arendelle stood behind us, and I sent hundreds of glowing snowflakes into the theatre.

Everyone stood, giving us a standing ovation.

I glanced around, nervous about the amount of people staring at us.

"You're freezing my hand," Nukka whispered, and I gently let go for a bow.

"Sorry," I muttered, before walking off stage.

"Are you ready for the party part?" Nukka asked, smiling at me.

"What? There's a party?" I asked, and she nodded.

"It's like a dance for the school. The parents who came to the event come for a little while, before leaving. Did no one tell you?" She asked, and I shook my head quickly.

I saw Evie running in holding a dress bag, headed straight for me.

"Okay I heard about this dance a little late too, I swear they hate updating us villain kids, either way I made you a dress. Don't worry, it's not too Auradon." Evie said with a huge smile, handing me the bag.

"I also have a little tiara for you. It won't be proper like something they would give you but I thought for today it would be good," she added, pulling out a little case out of her purse.

"This is a lot. Thank you Evie," I said softly, and she grinned at me.

"Well I mean, if I can say I dressed the lost princess in one of her first times being introduced, that's pretty cool. Plus I kinda like you," she said, bumping my shoulder.

"Now go get ready! You were the lead in the ballet, get that stage makeup off and get your pretty makeup on!" She shooed me towards the change rooms.

Nukka followed me, pulling out a gorgeous light pink dress.

"Sugar plum fairy mom and all that," she said softly, gently rubbing her fingers over the soft fabric.

I opened my dress bag, shocked at the beauty of the dress Evie made.

It was so me, and yet regal.

She knew exactly what to do.

The dress was a light blue, and sparkles like freshly fallen snow.

It was off the shoulder, and had a slit that ran up mid thigh.

I pulled my hair down, having it be curled from being in its bun all day.

Grabbing the tiara she had for me, I balanced it on top, looking positively royal.

It was simple but elegant, and I did my makeup to match, the only bold part being my dark red lip.

"You look incredible Nina. Or should I say Iduna," Nukka said, trying to quickly correct herself.

"I'll stick with Nina, but thank you. You look lovely," I said, and she blushed softly.

"And you danced wonderfully today. Don't let anyone take you down, you have what it takes." I said, before walking out, Freja following from where she was napping in the dressing room.

The dance was in a ballroom in the school, not too far from the auditorium where the ballet was.

Everyone entered through the top, where they would walk down the stairs into the room.

As I stepped inside, I saw guards, including Jace.

"Where's your date Princess?" He asked with a smirk, and I paused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and he watched me.

"All of the people in the ballet were supposed to bring a date to be introduced with. It's a tradition. Did no one tell you?" He asked and I chuckled.

"I didn't know about this dance until about half an hour ago," I replied, and he glanced at the other guards before walking over and offering his arm.

"I know you're a strong independent woman and all that but this is tradition and your new family knows that. And will judge if you don't follow," he said, and I took his arm gently, putting the smirking mask back on.

"Your ability to change your face is uncanny," he whispered, leading me to the edge of the stairs.

"Princess Iduna of Arendelle, escorted by Jace of Neverland," the announcer said, and Jace started leading me down the stairs.

"They couldn't use Nina," I whispered, and he chuckled.

"This is an official event," he whispered back, and I watched everyone, feeling the nerves settling in.

I caught sight of the VK's, and saw Jay's jaw clenched as he watched me.

He was hoping to take me most likely.

There were paparazzi waiting at the bottom, snapping pictures of us.

"Princess how did you find out you were the lost princess?"

"How long have you been dancing for?"

"Is this your boyfriend?"

All the questions kept going, but I kept walking, now leading Jace more than he was leading me.

Music was playing, the beat a simple waltz.

"Can you dance soldier boy?" I asked, and he nodded.

Once we reached the center of the floor, he pulled me close, starting to lead me in the dance.

This was one of the easiest ways to avoid talking to people.

People moved to give us more space, and he started to lead me in spins, ending up doing a lift.

"You dance better than I thought you could soldier boy," I said, and he smirked.

"You just like that I can pick you up," he said, and for once I felt a flush on my cheeks.

"My goodness, did I get the emotionless Isle kid to blush?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm never going to live that down am I?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Nope never."

The song ended, and he started to bow, gesturing for me to match.

I curtsied, holding my dress.

By this point everyone had entered, and someone grabbed my arm.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" Jay asked, and I glanced at Jace.

"I won't go anywhere. I mean I'm technically on shift but I think they'll give me a pass," he said, and I followed Jay, going into an art gallery attached to the ballroom.

"What's so important?" I asked, and he watched me.

"The fact that you've been ignoring me for a couple weeks and then show up with a soldier."

"It's not like we're a couple Jay. You gave up that opportunity years ago," I snapped, glaring at him.

"I'm sorry that I took the opportunity for a better life okay!"

"Oh so it was totally fine that you left with no explanation on the day after you kissed me? That's just fine?" I snapped back, feeling the frost slipping through my fingertips.

"I didn't mean for that Nina. I was different then," he said softly, reaching for me.

"No. As I said before you have no claim on me. If I want to be with that soldier boy I will. Maybe I should because he's one of the only people who doesn't treat me like I'm insane," I said, keeping up the hard look.

He moved so quickly I had a hard time watching him as he grabbed the back of my neck and my waist, kissing me.

I shoved him off, staring at him.

Before I could say anything, I heard a voice from behind me.

"Nina, there are some people who would like to talk to you," Jace said, coming up behind me.

"Thank you for letting me know Jace," I purred, kissing him on the cheek before walking away.

I stepped out, Jace right behind me.

"Am I going to have the VK's against me," he whispered, and I shook my head.

"Jay will be too embarrassed to talk about it," I replied, and Jace directed me towards the Arendelle people.

"Hello Nina," Elsa said warmly, and I tried to return the warm smile.

"Hello," I replied, and Queen Anna smiled.

"I'm so excited to get to know you this summer! As today is the last day you'll come with us tomorrow." She said, practically vibrating.

"To-tomorrow? That's so soon," I said nervously, Jace subtly squeezing my hand.

"It is the end of term. And there is lots for you to catch up on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 6.3K 36
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE DISNEY'S DESCENDANTS THEN I SUGGEST YOU DON'T READ THIS......or you can. Its up to you! :) Ellie is the child of the v...
213K 3K 16
"Do you want to be good?," he asked. "I don't know. I still feel evil," I reply. "Well just to let you know... You guys aren't evil. You aren't evil...
1.4K 30 23
Payton Pan was a normal student at Auradon Prep. She had top grades, perfect attendance, and had a great personality. When her best friend and soon-t...
34.7K 563 12
[Disney Descendants Jay x Female!Reader] 16 years ago my mother, the Queen of Hearts, gave birth to her one and only child. Now, being the person she...