Voice Of Souls

Af FuneralDirectorHuTao

"I-I'm sorry, w-who are you...?" At the young age of 4, Izuku developed a very powerful unique quirk, a mutat... Mere

The Commision ~ Ch. 1
Training ~ Ch. 2
Punishment ~ Ch. 3
Heroes ~ Ch.4
UA~ Ch. 5
USJ ~ Ch. 6
Internships ~ Ch. 8
Stain ~ Ch.9

Sports Festival ~ Ch. 7

303 8 4
Af FuneralDirectorHuTao

A/N I changed the second round because a cavalry battle didn't work well with Izuku so.

The day of the Sports Festival came around quickly but not before every person had put their all into getting stronger. As it was going to be deciding their future hero carriers, they couldn't afford to just wing it. It was stressful for everyone, even students who were not in the hero course because they would have a chance to move in.

Midnight had volunteered to oversee all the matches along with Cementoss who was there to stop anyone going over board, and Present Mic was doing commentary. In fact, he had almost begged to be put in charge of it. The man had a love for loud noises and even had a side job in the radio industry, he had even somehow gotten Aizawa to join in with him.

"WELCOME TO THOSE WATCHING! LET US FIRST WELCOME THE HERO COURSES, CLASS 1-A AND 1-B!"

Loud cheering was rumbling through out the stadium as a door opened up from below the stands. Out came the two said hero classes, some of whom were waving at the crowds while others were more to themselves.

"NEXT LETS HAVE OUR GENERAL STUDIES COURSES, CLASS C, D AND E. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST OUR SUPPORT COURSE STUDENTS IN CLASSES F, G AND H! CAN I GET A YEAAAAHHHH!?"

Even without the microphone his quirk was enough to let the whole stadium hear him and even some people outside. The audience burst into cheers, albeit slightly quieter than when the hero course students came on, but not many people had yelled "YEAH" like Present Mic had asked them to. Aizawa just rolled his eyes next to him, barely visible underneath the multiple bandages and casts but definitely slightly less mummy-looking than before.

"Let us have our lovely student representative from our Class 1-A, Koe!" This time it was Midnight who was speaking over the obnoxious crowd. A few whispers went around before the said student with black and green hair walked up to the stage beside Midnight.

He paused for a few seconds to think about what to say. His eyes skimmed through the stands before landing on one very cheery bird who was munching away at some chicken legs. With a small wave he turned away and faced in front of him.

"Let's do our best." The crowd was silent for a moment, expecting him to say more, before cheering again.

"What a short but motivational speech! Now let us all prepare for the first round which is....AN OBSTACLE COURSE! You will race around the track to get into the top 42, anything goes except for intentional damage to your opponent, sabotage is allowed though! Now will the students please line up! PLUS ULTRA!" Midnight said.

Midoriya stepped off the stage and looked towards the starting point which was a very long and narrow tunnel. As soon as he saw it he turned around to whisper something towards Midnight.

Midnight smirked back before replying to his question.

"There is no height limit!"

The greenette walked away, internally grinning, and headed towards the back of the pushing students. The 3 lights flashing above the students who were all waiting for the green light.

The traffic lights above let out a 'ding!' and all the students rushed forward, tripping over and pushing past each other. Midoriya stepped back before calmly whispering.

"Wings of light."

Bright translucent wings appeared from his back, they didn't attach onto his back like bird wings but were more like light melded to just follow him.

While the rest of the students were trying to all fit in the narrow tunnel, Midoriya flapped his wings cautiously before jumping up into the sky and zooming over the whole chaos party.

It wasn't long before he could see the rounded concrete underneath disappear and be replaced with a long stretch of mud mixed with dirt. However he continued to fly over all the competition but sparing a glance back into the dark behind him.

Frosted smoke came pouring out of the frozen tunnel completely covered in ice, in front was a dual haired boy riding on a constant stream of ice - Todoroki Shoto.

The greenette, however, was brought out of his thoughts when a gust of wind brushed by the tip of his wings. He reacted quickly and twisted out of the way and managed to dodge a punch from one the zero pointers.

"ANDDD ONE OF OUR 1-A HERO COURSE STUDENTS HAS REACHED THE FIRST OBSTACLE, THE ROBO INFERNO! KOE IS IN FIRST PLACE FOLLOWED BY TODOROKI  SHOTO AND BAKUGO KATSUKI!"

Looking around, he saw a whole field full of the zero pointers from the entrance exams, however this didn't prove a problem as he just flew over it all. Whenever one of them tried to reach him, he would either dodge or whisper a quiet "Blow up". Having trained his quirk even more, he had started to withstand the harder commands and lessened the drawbacks.

Soon he was at the second obstacle and he was peering into the dark abyss below. Instead of just flying over it all, he landed and started to show off his abilities with a small smirk that didn't go unnoticed by Hawks, who was eagerly watching his performance.

He erased his wings and stuck his hand out above the giant drop.

"Particle concentrate."

Without a second thought, he took a few steps backwords before running and jumping in to the giant cavern which earned a few gasps from the audience when, instead of falling out, he stood on thin air.

He started to run across the void, creating small diamond shapes wherever he stepped which soon disappeared after. A few people tried to follow after him but instead was met with a giant fall of doom, while the other people were only just finishing the first obstacle and Todoroki in the middle of the second one, Midoriya was already progressing towards the third and final obstacle, a mine field.

Midoriya stood still for a while, thinking of a way to show off his power and also get past quickly. The other contestants were still very far behind so he essentially had a lot of time to waste. Midoriya just stood still and turned around to face the hoard of incoming students who were finally getting towards the last stage. The audience was just watching and waiting for what he was about to do when suddenly a huge torrent of ice and small explosions caught their attention.

Todoroki and Bakugo had already caught up, neck and neck with each other while racing straight towards Midoriya, however when they started to pass him, he whispered something making the pair crash on to the dirt.

"Dispel."

With their quirks stopping briefly, the remaining students caught up and started to try and cross the mine field, however Midoriya started to walk away and towards where the second obstacle was. Todoroki looked at him perplexed before summoning up his ice again to start gliding over the mines. 

"WHAT IS THIS SUDDEN CHANGE? HAS OUR PAST FIRST PLACE GROWN CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RACE?!"

"He has a plan." Aizawa audibly groaned beside the very loud cockatoo, already getting tired of the festival and wishing he had declined.

However as soon as everyone was in range of the blasts Midoriya stuck both his hands out towards the bombs.

"IGNITE!"

The students, who were precariously trying to avoid the bombs, were all attacked by an onslaught of explosions surrounding them from all sides. Despite the bombs not being powerful enough to kill people by themselves, all together they could definitely pack a punch and even knock some people unconscious.

"WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! KOE'S PLAN BECOMES EVIDENT AS HE BLOWS ALL HIS OPPONENTS UP ONLY LEAVING A FEW PEOPLE WHO MANAGED TO AVOID IT!"

With no bombs remaining and most of the competition wiped out, all Midoriya had to do was skip on over to the finish line and claim the first place title. Only around 20 people managed to avoid the bombs by either going high into the air or being too far behind to be in range, however they all still had some repercussions.

When people started to get up from the bombs, they slowly, one at a time, claimed their positions in the race and with in half an hour, the sports festival progressed on to the second round.

"KOE WINS THE FIRST ROUND!"

"Let us spin for the next round which will be....FFA! Everyone for themselves! The aim of this round is to steal points from others while protecting your own headband, you have 15 minutes and the top six teen people will qualify for the next round. Now, everyone in to positions!"

Everyone spread out along the edges of a concrete platform, with around 5 meters apart from each other. On the count of 3, everyone started to either attack the top 3 in the last race or to spread out to defend their own points.

With Midoriya holding the ten million points, most of the competition immediately started to try and steal his band and mostly ignoring each other, some even teaming up to get points.

Midoriya didn't even flinch when quirks of different varieties came towards him, instead he sighed before bending down then leaping over all the people. While in mid air, he heard explosions coming from behind him.

"DIEEEEEE"

"Wings of light. Table."

You may be wondering why he summoned a table. Well, it is because he wanted to have an internal laugh when Bakugo flew straight into the wood and fell on to the floor. With his new wings, he flew up higher than anyone else could reach and started to spectate the other people. 

Every once in a while, Bakugo would try to fly up and steal his points but every time he would always be defeated in an increasingly unique way; by the 12 minute mark, he had barely managed to avoid a giant grand piano crushing him followed by a mini grenade which sent him and other contestants flying back. Once the 15 minute timer finished, Midoriya was still holding the ten million points and declared the winner.

"IN FIRST PLACE WE HAVE KOE WITH 10,000,325 POINTS! SECOND PLACE IS TODOROKI SHOTO WITH 4,995 POINTS AND IN THIRD-"

Once Present Mic was done announcing all of the six teen participants moving on to the next round, the students all retreated to their separate rooms with an allotted finals one vs one plan and a thirty minute intermission they could use to plan.

Midoriya began to look at the chart he was given, it showed who he would be fighting against first and also the other potential opponents; firstly, he would be against general course student, Hitoshi Shinso.

After the thirty minutes had passed, Present Mic started to call out the contestants in pairs where they would have to fight each other.

"LET US WELCOME KOE OF THE HERO COURSE AND SHINSO HITOSHI OF THE GENERAL COURSE!"

Midoriya stepped up on to the platform, followed by cheers, while Shinso stood opposite him.

"Are you ready?! Well then, let us begin!" Midnight cheered then struck her whip down on the count of three and the two students eyed each other furiously, waiting for the other person to move.

Midoriya POV:

I stood still, watching and waiting for his move. I already know his quirk so this is a very bad matchup for him but I can't afford to drop my guard just in case.

"This is a really bad match up for me isn't it? After all, you already know my quirk and can cancel it." Shinso said with a weak smile.

I nod silently before we both ready in to a combat stance. Since we were both waiting for the other, I decided to just attack instead of waiting all round.

"Super speed."

Time seemed to slow down as I ran forward towards Shinso, who was frozen in place. I gently grab his hand and drag him out of bounds and drop him outside. Once I deactivated my quirk, everyone was quiet and wondering what happened before cheering for my win.

"KOE WINS THE FIRST ROUND WITH LIGHTNING FAST SPEED! COULD POSSIBLY BE A NEW RECORD, WHO KNOWS? LET US WELCOME OUR NEXT FIGHTERS, TODOROKI SHOTO AND SERO HANTA!"

Shinso and me shake hands before walking off to where we had entered from. The next round with Todoroki against Sero went faster than mine, with a huge glacier of ice appearing with in seconds of starting and freezing Sero in place.

I guess I'm fighting Todoroki next round.

The following rounds were also quite quick, with Shiozaki beating Kaminari and Hatsume forfeiting after using Iida to present her 'babies'. Soon enough, I was facing off against the fire and ice boy.

Once the round started, he tried to repeat what he did with Sero, except with an even bigger but less controlled ice. I quietly sigh before pointing my right hand at the charging wave of ice, frosted air blowing around.

"Let's try some new commands! Reverse!" I cough slightly but continue facing him, ready to dodge if the command failed.

I didn't expect it to work but once the words left my mouth, the ice froze in place and started to retreat and seemingly rewind out of existence. The crowd were left in shock as the once mounting tsunami of ice disappeared before switching targets and firing back towards Todoroki.

His eyes opened wide as he once again used the same attack to make the ice cancel each other out. However when he was distracted, I took the opportunity to run behind him and do a sneak attack. After all, my years of training at the commission had to pay off right?

"Teleport outside of arena."

He had turned around at the sound of my voice but by then it was already too late, he was already out of bounds. I smile and wave at his shocked face while Midnight announces my victory to the crowd.

You may be wondering why I didn't just teleport him from the start right? Well, it's because when teleporting another person I need to actually be close to them, however objects don't have a range limit.

We both walk off the stadium as I watch the next round and see who I'm up against: Iida. The only thing I need to watch out for is his speed but other wise, he's easy to read and not that powerful. When I win against Iida, I will be going up against either Tokoyami or Bakugo. Boom boom boy is the most likely to win here considering Dark shadow's weakness to light but it all depends on how fast he can figure it out.

However, when it was time for my match against Iida, he had to leave because of undisclosed matters and I won by default. The next round was predicted as well, Bakugo having won after easily finding out Tokoyami's weakness.

There was a small intermission to hype up the last round and to also fix the platform where we were fighting.

When it was finally time to fight, I stared at the angry Pomeranian in front of me. He seemed like a teen with the mentality of a child, a very arrogant child at that. 

Once the count down hit 3, I watched as he used his explosions to blast himself forwards towards me, a very straightforward attack which I side-stepped and used to elbow his back into the ground.

He grunted in pain before using the momentum to get back up on his feet. 

He is the type to always battle it out with people and want to prove his strength, so I'm going to make him lose in the most boring way possible.

"Leave the platform." I smirk and see his eyes blank out, kind of like Shinso's brainwashing but it doesn't require the effected to answer a question, only that they needed to hear my voice. He turned around and walked off stage while I stood there smugly. 

Was the commission going to shock me for showing this much emotion?
Probably.
Do I give a fuck?
Nope.

As soon as he stepped off the platform, he blinked his eyes furiously to hear that I was announced the winner with no memory of doing anything. Of course, I could see the rage in his eyes as he prepared to shout at me and probably attack me but I quickly stepped away, snickering quietly. I looked up to see Hawks in the stands also laughing quietly, his newly finished chicken box completely empty.

It turns out I left in vain as I was immediately brought back in to stand on a podium and received a medal for winning. In the end, I stood in the first place position mean while Bakugo was snarling and trying to escape the chains and wooden pole he was strapped to. Seeing as he wouldn't calm down without a proper fight of strength, he continuously tried to attack me which resulted in him being locked up, lucky for me.

After all the events of today, my throat is starting to hurt.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1M 39.2K 92
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
422K 28.7K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
112K 3.5K 79
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
1.8M 59.3K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...