Notice me

By InNeedOfHollyWater

As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save he... More

Welcome darlings.
01 | Prince
02 | Sign
03 | Project
05 | Alex
06 | Candy Cane
07 | Nightmares
08 | Glasses
09 | A Guest
10 | Threat
11 | Rain
12 | 10 Dollars
13 | Abuse
14 | Notice Me
15 | Teddy Bear And Bouquet
16 | Help; Part 1
17 | Help; Part 2
18 | Why?
19 | Plan G
20 | Pinky Promise
21 | Weak
22 | Bye Bitch
23 | Letter
24 | Rumors
25 | Court
26 | Connection
EASTER SPECIAL
27 | Pretty Girl
28 | Criminal
29 | Father
30 | Old Man
31 | Friends
32 | Change Of Plans
33 | Question
34 | Cliché
35 | Finally Saved
Former Ending (Didn't Make It)
Tips From Me

04 | Drained

796 20 9
By InNeedOfHollyWater

Sienna's POV

A graveyard has more life than this house.

None of our cars are in the driveway which means no one is home. Hell, even if they would be this house would be still dead.

I walk to the kitchen to open the fridge. Scanning the inside if I find something to eat.

Mom doesn't cook that much anymore. Dad doesn't want her food he rather orders a takeaway and calls it a day. Mom on the other hand isn't that much of an eater right now. All the stress and arguments make her lose her appetite. So she cooks occasionally. Mainly when dad isn't home.

I take out yogurt. Checking the expiration date first. 

I do this every time since I was like 7 when I ate chocolate yogurt and became sick because it was after the expiration date.

Since then I always check the date or I smell the product at least.

I take the lid off, eyeing the yogurt itself, throwing the lid into the trash. I take a spoon from a drawer and go to my room, closing the door behind me.
I set down my bag beside my bed on which I take a seat.

Before we all left the diner we agreed to meet up for the research. And when I say Cheryl was jumping and squeaking in joy I mean it. Right after Dom, Kane with his brother, Alex, left she practically screamed my ear off.

I don't understand though. We are doing a project. It's not like a double date or something. And her shipping me with Kane is ridiculous.

I cross my legs while eating. Looking at my table I consider if I should do my homework. I shake my head. Why to even try? 

Most of the time I actually tried to study and memorize the topic we were on at the moment I still failed the test. And when you know you tried your best multiple times but failed you tend to give up at some point.

I did and no one seems to care but Cheryl. Even teachers don't give a single flying fuck. And it bothers me for some reason. I was a good student, they know that. It is like they gave up on me too.

Maybe that's all I need. I need someone to care. Not only Cheryl who has been here the whole time for me. But someone else someone...

new.

But who?

I finish my yogurt in peace. I set the empty cup with a spoon on my table. I will throw that away later.

I lay down on my bed. I did nothing today and yet I feel completely drained.

I cringe at the thought of my outside clothes touching my bed. I groan and hit my mattress. Why it is so hard to do the simplest tasks?

I gather all of my energy left and stand up to undress. When I do I take my inside clothes.

Someone knocks on my door. "Can I come in?"

Mom.

"No, I'm dressing." As soon as it leaves my mouth the door begins to open. "I said no!" I quickly put on my shirt that covers a bit of my thighs as well.

She enters my room and looks at me.

"I wanted to talk."

I nod, waiting for her to start.

"Someone called me from your school. They told me about your grades."

"Who is the someone?" I ask while putting on sweatpants.

She shakes her head. "I don't know. They told me their name but I forgot and that's not important."

It is. It is for me. I told her numerous times about my teachers and she didn't even care to learn their names. She always goes "who?". I don't know isn't it like the bare minimum? Isn't it like showing you listen to the other person?

"What about my grades?"

"You are doing poorly in school. And it upsets me."

It upsets me too.

"You weren't like this."

I know.

"What happened to you?"

You and dad happened.

"You need to get better."

I sigh and nod. "Yeah." That's the only thing we both agree on.

She gestures at my books. "Go work on it then." She says and leaves, leaving the door open.

I close it behind her, fighting the urge to slam it.

I sit at my table, opening some books I don't even remember getting. I put on the act as if I'm reading to appear I'm studying but in reality, I'm just resting with my eyes open. Once in a while, I turn the page. I know mom will come to look if I'm studying so this is the best way to show her what she wants to see.

After staring at nothing for a couple of seconds my bottled emotions come out. I let the tears escape and I shake my head. Angry at myself. I shouldn't react like this. Some kids are being abused and I'm crying over this.

Hell. I don't even know what I'm crying for.

I act all serious and tough around others but behind closed doors, I'm an emotional wreck.

I control my sniffs even though I know the person I want to hear my suffering will ignore it.

I bring my knees to my chin. Laying my forehead on my knees. More memories come vivid into my mind. I tightly close my eyes. More tears streamed down my face.

I hit my legs with my fist to feel something different because I'm angry at them, myself, and the world. I focus on the pain that each hit causes. It is enough to stop the tears.

And now I'm wondering if I found another way to deal with my shit.

★ ★ ★

I sit on the side, looking at others participating in PE class.

It's the next day. And looking back on yesterday I'm cringing at the thought of me crying and hitting my legs like a toddler having a tantrum.

Yuck.

Someone sits beside me. I open my mouth to tell them to fuck off but I stop when I see it's Dominic.

"Hello to you too." He smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. The last I checked they were running laps.

He rolls his eyes. "I sneaked away. I'm waiting for the last lap then I will join others back."

"I didn't see you as skipper," I comment, focusing on others running. Some look determined to be in a better position. Some look like they will faint any second. And some just don't care and walk when the teacher is not looking.

Dom chuckles. "I would say the same about you but... You are quite transparent that you don't like physical activity."

I frown. It's true but I will still defend myself. "Well, that dipshit of a teacher sent me here as a punishment."

"You made it pretty clear earlier that you will not run the laps," Dom says and I replay how I was slightly arguing with that old man that I'm not running because my leg hurt. And it's fucking true. It does hurt.

I used a bit much more force yesterday than I imagined.

"It's not my fault he chose punishment as something I wanted. That is to skip laps. Shouldn't he like make me do it or do more as punishment?"

Dom shrugs. Now realizing it really doesn't make sense. "He is too old to deal with this shit. He just doing his job."

Dude got serious out of nowhere.

I look at him in disbelief. "On which side are you?"

His eyes widen, lifting his hands in surrender. "On yours, woman!"

He continues once he lowers his arms. "It's not like I will not hate the teachers. Yes, some are bitchy and shouldn't do what they do. But some just do their job."

I sigh. 

"My mom is a teacher and is perfect at it but kids still hate her cause she makes them do something they don't like. But it's her job, you know." He smiles.

"Who?" I ask.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Who wha-"

"Asked?." I cut him off and finish my sentence.

He laughs. "Sorry for my rambling."

We fall in silence.

Dom breaks it first. "There goes the last lap. I will see ya around. Bye." He smiles, stands up, and runs toward others. Joining them as if he was there the whole time.

I sounded rude, didn't I?

★ ★ ★

I walk out of the girl's changing room and head toward the bathroom. Cheryl asked me to meet her there.

I walk it on Cheryl adjusting her bra in the mirror.

"What the fuck."

She laughs through her struggle. "The bra was cute and on sale so I had to get it! But the straps are shitty."

I walk behind her to end her struggle. I adjust her straps. "No wonder it was on sale. They really are shitty."

She sighs and nods, agreeing. "But it's cute and I feel hot," she says while putting her shirt back on.

"And that's all that matters." I finish for her.

She grins. "Amen."

I watch her adjust her hair. They got a little messy while she was putting on that shirt with not so big head hole.

"Oh! I almost forgot why I called you here!"

We both turn to see 2 girls walk in but only one of them is going into the stall. The other stays and looks at herself in the mirror.

"It wasn't for the straps?" I question. Furrowing my forehead in confusion.

She shakes her head, turning to me with a smile. "I met this cute boy. And he invited me for lunch. However, it interlopes with our last period. Will you cover up for me? Pretty please!"

"Again?"

She sends me puppy eyes.

Well one of us gotta find the right one. So I nod. She jumps and hugs me. "I love you, girlfriend."

I awkwardly pat her on her back. "There there big girl, you are welcome."

We exchange a few words after she pulls away. Then she leaves. I go to follow but stop in my tracks when I hear someone speak up. I turn to see the girl who was checking herself in the mirror watching me.

"She's such a whore."

I stand straighter. "Pardon?"

She motions to the door, clearly talking about Cheryl.

"Every week she is with someone other. She sleeps around. A whore."

Who asked for your fucking opinion?

"And?" I ask.

"That makes her a whore! She's not supposed to do that!"

I take a step closer to her. "So when a boy sleeps around it makes him look like a champ but when a girl does the same she is a whore?"

Someone is jelly Cheryl can pull anyone if she sets her mind to.

The girl looks for words. "What if the boy is in a relationship?"

"Then the boy is a dick, isn't he?"

Plus Cheryl asks for name, age, relationship status, and health status. Sometimes even hobbies when she feels like it.

I turn towards the door. I grab the handle but I stop myself and look at the girl again. "Also mind your own fucking business. Or at least your friends who had been in there forever." I gesture at the stall the other girl walked in earlier.

With that, I leave. I wasted my precious time on whatever happened there.

Fun-fucking-tastic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247 11 9
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...
57.1K 2K 48
"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTrAcT "We're role-playing Sunshine, think...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
4.2K 298 19
/ love, loyalty and self discovery / . Would you rather rekindle the flames of familiarity or succumb to the destination destined for you? Would you...