Castaway [Peter Parker]

By sebxstixnstxn13

"I'm lonely like a castaway." More

Summary + Cast
Epigraph
Part One
01 - Morning Routine
02 - Last Day of School
03 - Airport
04 - Venice, Italy
05 - Bus Ride
06 - Prague
07 - Night Monkey
08 - Secrets Revealed
09 - Hotel Room
10 - Phone Calls
11 - London
12 - Bridges Falling
13 - Destruction
14 - Home
15 - Unexpected Turn of Events
Part Two
16 - The News
17 - Investigation
18 - New School Year
19 - MIT Acceptance and Doctor Strange
20 - Multiverse Villains
22 - Variants
23 - Meeting
24 - Cure
25 - Statue of Liberty
26 - Fighting the Goblin
27 - Forgotten Memories
28 - Barkery
29 - Christmas
Epilogue
Conclusion

21 - The Green Goblin

90 1 0
By sebxstixnstxn13

Hailey, Chase, Ned and Anthony stayed in the basement, unsure of what to do.

"We need to wait and hear from Peter and Hannah," Anthony said. "I'm sure everything is going to be okay."

Just as he said that, a man appeared in one of the cells.

"Whoa," Chase said.

Hailey, Chase, Ned and Anthony walk closer to the cells.

The man that appeared looked to his right and saw Doctor Octavius. Doctor Octavius waved.

The new guy looked down at his hands and lightning crackled through his fingers and the lights briefly flicker.

"That's just like..." Hailey started.

"Hannah's powers," Anthony finished.

Seconds later a new person appeared in his cell, except the person didn't look like a person. It was a man of sad.

"What the fuck?" Chase said, caught off guard.

The sandman grunted and ran into a barrier.

"What is this?" the sandman said.

"You picked the wrong side," the electric man said.

He looked over to one of the other captives. The lizard looked up and acted more vigorously than be fore.

"Connors?" the electric man said.

"Wait... you know this creature?" Doctor Octavius said, raising his eyebrows.

"No, no, no, no," the electric man said. "Not a creature. A man."

Chase raised his eyebrows.

Hailey's jaw hung open slightly.

"Whoa... same universes," Ned said.

"Doctor Curt Connors," the electric man said. :He was a scientist in Oscorp when I worked there. A brilliant scientist, till he turned himself into a lizard. Then he tried to turn the whole city into lizards. It was crazy."

"It wasn't crazy, Max," the lizard, Doctor Connors, said. "IT was the next step in human evolution.

"The dinosaur can talk," Ned said, mouth agape.

"Lizard," Anthony corrected.

"Right," Ned said.

"Speaking of which, what happened to you?" Doctor Connors asked Max. "Last I recall, you had bad teeth, glasses and a comb-over. Did you get a makeover? You know I can give you a real makeover."

"Let me guess," Max said, "into a lizard?"

"Exactly," Doctor Connors said.

"Could you two just shut up?" the sandman said.

Sandman turned to Hailey, Chase, Ned and Anthony.

"Where are we?" he asked them.

"It's complicated," Ned said.

"A wizard's dungeon," Hailey admitted.

"Wizard's... wizard's dungeon?" Max repeated.

"There's no real way to sugarcoat that," Hailey said. "It's... literally the dungeon of a wizard."

Doctor Octavius nodded.

"Look, you can keep your magic," Max said.

He looked down at his hands.

"I want to taste of that new energy I felt," Max finished.

The lights briefly flicker again.

Hailey's phone buzzed and she picked it up.

"Peter, hey," she smiled.

"Hey," Peter greeted her. "Uh, did those guys come through yet? There should be an electric guy and a sand guy."

"Yeah," Hailey said. "They're.... They're all here and locked up."

"Perfect," Peter said. "I'm gonna just stay here for a bit, and try to fix some of this damage so they don't blame it on me again."

"Okay."

"Hey, I, uh... I couldn't do any of this without you, so... Thank you."

"Yeah, of course," Hailey said. "Anytime."

Ned pointed at the teleported tree.

"Hey, ask him if this is a like a tree monster, or like a scientist that turned into a tree," Ned requested.

"That's just a tree, man," Max said. "That's a tree."

"Alright, uh," Peter said. "Hannah and I are gonna clean this up. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay."

Peter hung up the phone.

"What did he say?" Anthony asked.

"He and Hannah are going to clean up the mess," Hailey said, turning her attention to her friends.

***

Hailey woke up, exhausted. The events of the previous day and the stress that came without took a toll on her.

Thankfully it was the weekend and she didn't have to worry about school until Monday.

Hailey turned onto her side and picked up her phone.

She had received a ton of messages from her friends. She hadn't checked her texts at all the day before. They were all making plans to hang out.

Hailey groaned.

If she wasn't stressing over what was going on with Peter and the whole multiverse thing, then she would've agreed to hang out.

Chase knocked on her door and came in.

"You saw the texts from the group?" Chase asked.

"Yeah," Hailey said, sitting up.

"Are you going?"

"No," she shook her head. "I can't bring myself to go seeing what's going on with Peter."

Chase nodded.

"We need to be on standby for Peter," Chase said.

Hailey added in agreement.

"Yeah," she said.

She got out of bed.

Just as she stood up, her phone began ringing.

"It's Peter," she said.

She picked up her phone and answered the call. She placed the phone call on speaker so Chase can listen.

"Peter?" she said. "Are you okay? Chase is here, he's listening."

"Meet me at the Sanctum Sanctorum!" Peter said.

He sounded stressed.

"Peter, what's going on?" Chase asked.

"I found him!" Peter said. "The green guy from the bridge! I'm going to May!"

"Wait, May?" Hailey said.

"Yes! I'll explain when I see you! Just go to the Sanctum Sanctorum!"

The call ended and Hailey and Chase quickly got ready.

They rushed to the Sanctum Sanctorum to meet Peter there. They naturally assumed Hannah, Ned and Anthony are going to be there.

Hailey and Chase were the first two there.

They were out of breath when they got to the basement. The villains Peter and Hannah caught the previous night were still in their cells.

"I'm going to get coffee and a bagel," Chase said. "Do you want anything?"

"Yeah."

"Okay," Chase said. "Let me know when Hannah, Ned, Anthony, and Peter get here."

"Okay."

Chase left to get coffee and bagels from a nearby coffee shop.

Hailey yawned as she waited for Chase to come back and for the rest of the group to show up.

She sat at the setup that Ned and Anthony created, awkwardly. She wasn't sure what to do and if she should talk to the villains.

They were all awake now, not doing anything.

Chase came back with a large box of pasteries and five cups of coffee.

Hailey took the coffee from her brother and they set the box and the cup holder on the table.

"Do you think the food can go through that barrier?" Chase asked Hailey.

"I don't... we can try," Hailey said.

Chase opened the box.

There was a variety of donuts in the box.

Hailey picked up a glazed donut and walked over to Doctor Octavius's cell.

"Hi, um," Hailey said, nervously, "are you hungry?"

She looked around at the others.

"You're offering us food?" Doctor Octavius said, giving her a look.

"Yeah, I mean..."

She looked back at Chase.

"Hey, just because you guys are villains doesn't mean you shouldn't eat," Chase said.

He picked up the box and walked over.

"Will it go through?" Chase asked.

"I don't..." Hailey began.

She took a step towards Doctor Octavius's cell.

"Chase..." her voice shaking.

"I'm right here," Chase said, assuring her.

"Okay," Hailey said.

Her hand was trembling as she took another step forward and extended her hand, offering the donut to Doctor Octavius.

The donut went through.

"Huh," Chase said, impressed. "Didn't think it would work."

"Me neither," Hailey said.

Chase picked out another donut and gave it to the Electric guy.

Hailey and Chase looked at the Sandman.

"Will you be able to eat?" Hailey asked.

"Why don't we just throw a mini donut in?" Chase suggested. "Maybe he can catch it with his mouth."

"Like a dog?" the sandman said.

"Hey, man, your entire body is sand," Chase said, defensively. "What else can we do?"

Ned and Anthony finally showed up.

"Where are Peter and Hannah?" Anthony asked.

"They should be on their way," Hailey said.

Chase offered Ned and Anthony donuts.

Anthony and Ned took a couple of minidonuts and their coffee.

They waited for Hannah and Peter to show up.

They were standing by Ned's and Anthony's laptops when Peter and Hannah showed up with an older man.

"Guys," Peter said, "this is Mr. Osborn."

"Hey, it's doctor," the man corrected.

"Sorry," Peter apologized.

"Um... Doctor Osborn, these are our friends, Hailey, Chase, Anthony and Ned."

Ned waved.

Hailey and Chase stood, there awkwardly giving him a smile.

"No Mary Jane?" Doctor Osbron asked.

"Mary Jane?" Chase asked, confused.

"MJ?" he said.

"It's actually Michelle Jones here," Hailey said.

"Oh."

"Are there are other Ned Leedses?" Ned asked.

Doctor Osborn didn't respond.

Ned returned to his laptop.

Doctor Obsron stepped into the dungeon, towards Doctor Octavius.

"Octavius?" Doctor Osborn said.

"Osborn?" Octavius said, surprised.

"What... what happened to you?" Osbron asked.

"What happened to... you're the walking corpse," Octavius said.

This caught Hailey's attention.

She took several steps towards the dungeon.

"Hailey?" Chase said.

"What do you mean?" Osbron said.

Hailey sensed Chase's eyes on her back.

"You died, Norman," Octavius said. "Years ago."

Osbron smiled and shook his head.

"You're insane," Osborn siad.

Max Dillon, the electric guy smiled.

"God, I love it here," he said.

"What are you talking about?" Peter asked.

The conversation had caught his and Hannah's attention.

"He's standing right there," Hannah said. "He's not..."

"Dead," Flint Marko, the sandman, interrutped.

He stepped forward.

"They both died, fighint Spider - Man."

Osborn and Octavius turned towards Marko.

"It was all over the news," Marki continued. "Green Goblin, impared by the glider he flew around on. And a couple of years later... you. Doc Ock, drowned in the river with your machine."

Hailey looked at them, horrified.

These guys died, yet they are standing right here. They were alive and walking around.

"That's nonsense!" Octavius exclaimed. "Spider - Man was tyring to stop my fusion reactor. So I stopped him," he clutched his hand. "I had him, by the throat.... And then, I..." the reality sank in. "And then I was here."

Hailey's mouth hung open.

"Oh, my..." she said, quietly.

She felt Hannah's hand on her shoulder.

"... my god," Hannah said, quietly.

"Oh, please," Dillon scoffed. "Let me tell you something. I was whooping Spider-Man's ass. He'll tell ya. And then he caused an overload. I was stuck in the grid, absorbing data. I was about to turn into pure energy, and then... And then, uh... And then..." then it clicked. "Oh, shit. I was about to die."

"Max, do you know? Do I die?" Curt Connors, the lizard, asked.

Before he has any chance to get a respond, Doctor Strange materlized via an abrupt portal. His eyes immediately close in on Osborn.

"Oh, great," Doctor Strange said. "You caught another one."

"No, wait," Peter said. "Strange, he's not dangerous -"

Before Hannah and Peter could do anything, the Sorcerer Supreme portaled Osborn in the last remaining cell.

"It's okay," Peter said, quietly.

Peter and Hannah noticed an odd object in Strange's grasp. It's the same cube he locked the spell before.

"What is that?" Hannah asked.

"It's an ancient relic," Doctor Strange said. "The Machina de Kadavus. Trapped your corrupted spell inside, once you've finished the proper ritual, will reverse the spell. And send these guys back to their universes."

"And then what?" Octavius demanded. "We perish?"!

"Nah," Dillon shook his head. "No thanks, I'll pass on that."

"Let me out of here," Osborn said. "Peter! Hannah!"

"Strange, we can't send them back," Hannah said. "Not yet."

"Why?"

"Some of these guys are gonna die," Peter explained.

"Parker... it's their fate," Strange said.

Hailey looked at Doctor Strange horrified. How is he able to send these guys back knowing they were going to die? How is able to let that happen? How could he be so heartless?

"Come on, Strange," Peter said, disturbed. "Have a heart."

"We can't just send them back to die," Hannah said.

"In the grand calculus of the multiverse," Strange said in a calm, yet somewhat fantatical tone, "their sacrifice means infinitely more than their lives. I'm sorry, kid," Strange said regretfully. "If they die, they die."

Strange starts teh reitual. Several peices of machinery in the cube slide and clicked into place. The tension int eh room thickents.

"Peter! Hannah!" Osborn said, deserpartely.

"Guys, do something," Hailey said, quietly to Peter and Hannah.

A button popped up from the top. The Sorcerer Supreme's hand is right above it, about to finish his ritual, when Spider-Man does the unthinkable. He webs the Machina de Kadavus.

Strange looked towards Peter.

"Don't..."

Peter pulled the relic to himself, throwing Strange out of balance, then blasted the startled sorceror with his guantlet, trapping him inside Sandman's cell.

"What are you doing?" Anthony said in a frantic voice.

"Peter, you gotta go," Hailey said. "Go!"

Hailey took a defensive stance, shielding her fleeing boyfriend.

What she was going to do, she had no idea. All she knew is that she had to give Peter time.

Hannah attempted to use her powers to stop Strange, but failed.

All Hannah could do was go after him.

***

After the fight with Doctor Strange, Peter and Hannah came back.

"Dude, what happened?" Ned said.

"We just had a fight with Doctor Strange and we totally won!" Peter said, excitedlty.

"What?"

"Look, and I stole his ring thing," Peter said, showing Ned the ring.

Ned took it from him and put it on.

"I was swinging trhough the city, and then I went through this..." Peter took off his mask.

So did Hannah.

"... massive mirror thing, and then I was back..."

"Where is he?" Hailey asked.

"He's trapped," Hannah said, "but... we're not sure for how long."

"You oculd've just let us to die," Octavius said in disbelief. "Why didn't you?"

"That's not who they are," Hailey said.

"We think we can help you guys," Peter said, optimistically. "If we can fix what happened to you, then when you go back, things will be different and you might not die fighting Spider-Man."

"What do you mean, 'fix us?'" Dillon said.

"Look, our technologu is advaned..." Hannah began.

"I can help," Osborn siad, smiling. "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself," he nodded to Octavius. "Octavius knows what I can do."

"Fix?" Octavius said. "You mean like a dog? I refuse."

"I can't promise you guys anything," Peter said, "but at least this way, you actually get to go gome and have a chance. A second chance. I mean, come on. Isn't that worth trying?"

"Trust me, Peter..." Connors said, "when you try to fix people, there are always consequences."

'I mean, you don't have to come," Peter said. "I also didn't know you could talk."

The Lizard growled in disapproval.

"But if you stay here... you're gonna have to deal with the wizard," Hannah said.

"Ah, so go along or die," Connors said. "Not much of a choice, is it?"

"I just wanna go home," Marko said.

"Well, I myself don't wanna be killed," Dillion said, "especially by a guy dressed like Dungeons & Dragons, so... what's your plan?"

"We have it all under control," Peter said.

Hailey, Hannah and Peter went back to Chase, Ned and Anthony.

Peter held up the machina.

"What are we going to do with this thing?" Peter asked.

"Well, we need to find somewhere safe for it, right?" Hailey said, looking aorund at the group.

"Yeah, yes, yes," Ned agreed.

"You got to take it," Hannah said.

"Wait, what?" Chase said.

"If something bad happens, we'll text you," Peter said, "and then you just push this and then it's all over, and they'll be gone."

"We're coming with you," Hailey said. "We're not going to leave you."

"No, no, no," Hannah said. "It'ss too dangeorous. You guys have already done more than enough."

"Guys, we're in this together," ned said.

"We know," Hannah said, "but we can't do this if you're in danger, okay? Hailey, take this," Hannah took the machina from Peter and gave it to Hailey. "Please."

"Okay," Hailey said.

"Thank you," Peter said, relieved.

"But, guys, I swear, if I don't hear from you, I'm pressing the button," Hailey said, worridly.

"Okay."

"Sure."

"Okay," Hailey turned to the villains. "I will do it!" she threatened.

Osborn nodded in approval.

"Yeah, well believe you, Hailey," Dillon said.

"No way that's his girlfriend," Connors said, amused and disbelieving, "no way."

"She will do it!" Chase said.

"She will!" Peter and Hannah said.

"Absolutely, she will," Ned said.

"Okay," Hannah said.

Hailey, Chase, Ned, and Anthony said goodbye to Hannah and Peter before leaving. They went to Ned's house, where they spent the rest of the day at.

Chase took the box of donuts with them as they headed to Ned's house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643K 15.6K 46
Irondad and spiderson prompts <3 I don't own marvel and never will, R.I.P a legend. #1 in prompts! #1 in fluf! #7 in dad! #1 in father figure! #...
12.2K 512 36
You are a marvel fan with basic and a little shitty life but everything changed when your favorite heroes found you at your worst. this is a story m...
54.3K 2.7K 12
Life's hard when you're the devil's daughter! (no longer updating)