Catching Red Eyes - NYC

By NolanBronx

FInally landing her dream internship, Rowan Emerson sparks the interest of the mysterious Harry Styles. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139

Chapter 84

79 1 0
By NolanBronx

I woke the next morning with the sun filling the bedroom. My cheeks felt warm as I pulled the covers off and got up. I looked over at the clock on the bedside table and saw that it was almost noon. I couldn't remember the last time I slept past ten am. I pulled back the door and was greeted by more sunshine falling into the foyer.

I walked down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen. I starting pulling open cabinets and searching for coffee and breakfast items. I found pancake mix, bacon, and coffee and got to work. After about twenty minutes of cooking, I heard Laurie walk into the kitchen.

"It smells amazing in here. Jeez, Row, feeling better?"

I nodded and continued flipping pancakes. I set a cup of coffee in front of her and a plate of breakfast.

"So, what do you want to do today?" she asked, over a mouth full of pancakes.

"Um, what is there even to do around here?"

"Honestly, nothing. There are a couple malls and a college but that's pretty much it. We can go swimming? I have a ton of bathing suits."

"Ok. Let's do that."

After cleaning up breakfast, Laurie and I changed into our bathing suits and walked down to the boat dock. It was stunningly sunny outside as we made our way to the gigantic lake. Without hesitation, Laurie threw her towel down and jumped in the water. Instead of following suit, I laid my towel down on the wooden dock and sat down. I watched Laurie as she swam back and forth. After tanning for a half hour, I was hot and sticky. I walked to the edge of the dock and dangled my feet in the water. It was surprisingly warm as I took the plunge and jumped in the water.

The water rushed over my head and it felt wonderful. I felt like I was in some kind of water world and I emerged a new person. All my troubles drifted away as I swam to the middle of the lake. I floated on my back and looked up to the clouds. They were slowly moving across the sky and I felt at peace. I swam back over to where Laurie was sunbathing. I used the ladder to pull myself up and laid down next to Laurie.

"This place is amazing. I'm so used to the beach. One day, when I am rich and famous, I want a lake house around here too."

"Dude, you're like halfway there dating Harry Styles."

I looked over at her and smirked. "Yea, right. We will see what happens with that."

"What do you mean? You had heart bubbles in your eyes last night."

"It's just...I don't know.  I love Harry so much but it's so hard with him having to be far away all the time..."

"Row, stop looking at all the negative stuff. You two have been through so much shit already. Just focus on the positives. You'll never make it out alive if you keep thinking of all the negative stuff, ok?"

"Ok. You're right. I need to relax. I promised Harry and I promised myself I would."

"Good."

We lounged in the sun and swam for a couple more hours before going back up to the house. I felt warm and content as we went inside. I quickly ran upstairs and slipped out of my bathing suit and turned on the shower. The water rushed over my body as I washed my hair, taking my time. After the shower, I made my way back downstairs and was greeted by Marsh. Laurie was still upstairs, I was assuming.

"Ms. Emerson," he said, handing me a white box. I looked at him with confusion and he smiled and turned back to leave the house. I placed the box on the island in the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I carefully opened it and gasped at what was inside. It was a brand new gold phone. I lifted the smaller white box out and carefully removed the plastic. I took the very large phone out and switched it on. The phone lit up as I touched in all my information. I heard Laurie walk up behind me and look over my shoulder.

"Dang! I couldn't possibly imagine who got that for you! See what I said about rich and famous."

"Yea, I'll program it when we leave," I said to her, ignoring her last statement.

"I mean, we could go into town but that's up to you."

"No, its fine. I'm sure Marsh told Harry he gave it to me already. Harry knows there's no service here too."

"He's like big brother. He sees everything," she said, wiggling her fingers and making her eyes go wide like she was an alien or something.

I put the phone back in the box for safe keeping and turned my attention to my growling stomach. "Let's order pizza."

"Yea!"

After ordering pizza and putting ourselves in a small food coma, we found a movie and between the sun and swimming, I felt myself drifting to sleep. I looked over at Laurie and she was already asleep too. My eyes got heavy as the world pulled away.

Chapter 84

My eyes fluttered open and the world was dark. I realized I was still in the living room. I got up and wandered into the kitchen for a glass of water. After taking a sip, I saw a light flicker on outside. I watched as Marsh walked outside and brought the phone to his ear. He started pacing as he spoke to whoever was on the other end. I saw him start to speak with his hands in anger. It was odd seeing him in this state of irritation but I paid no mind as I went upstairs to lay back down. As I was settling down, I heard a car engine turn over and looked out the window. I saw the back lights of the black SUV disappear. Fast.

I didn't know if I was supposed to be concerned as I settled back down to sleep. Sleep took over as I was still wondering if I was supposed to be worried. I spent the next few hours tossing and turning until I heard a car engine cut off. I rushed over to the window and saw Marsh get out quickly to open the passenger side door. I saw another figure in the dark get out. It was tall, lanky, and there was a familiar hat on top of his head. I felt like the air was knocked out my chest. Could it be?

I grabbed my sweatshirt and ran down the stairs, pulled back the front door, and ran towards the two figures in the dark.

"Harry?" I said in between breathes. I didn't realize how fast I had ran until I stopped in front of them. They both turned and were surprised to see me. Why? It's not like they didn't know I was here. They exchanged looks and Harry nodded to Marsh. Marsh looked from me to Harry and back to me like he was guilty of something. He nodded back to Harry and turned to walk inside.

I looked at Harry with curiosity. Other than his impeccable sense of style with his dark jeans, white t shirt, boots, and dark overcoat, his green eyes were haunting. There was worry in them which caused my heart to skip a beat. What now? I physically, mentally, and emotionally couldn't take anything more.

"Harry...what? Why are you here? You're supposed to be in Europe."

"Let's talk inside," he said, pulling my arm and searching the woods.

"Jeez, Harry. Take it easy. You're acting like someone is watching you."

"They are."

I halted and pulled my arm away.

"Rowan, please. Inside."

I obliged but demanded an answer when we got inside. "What the hell did that mean??"

"Rowan. Look, this is going to be hard to explain but some disgusting pervert has been taking pictures of you and Laurie all weekend. They are all over the internet. Marsh already has a team to get them taken down immediately."

"Wait, what? What, what kind of pictures? What are you talking about?"

Harry let out a frustrated breath and started rubbing his head as if he had a headache or something. Without hesitation, Harry balled up his fists as if he were about to punch something but stopped when I grabbed his hands.

"Harry, calm down. Please."

I was still so completely confused about these pictures but I also wanted to make sure Harry didn't punch a hole in Laurie's parents' home.

"This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I have been pretty pleasant considering all the shit that has been done and said about me over the years but this...this is too much. They have no right to invade your privacy. I swear Rowan...I swear to God that when I find out who did this, they will never see the light of day again."

"Harry, honestly, it's not like we swam naked or anything. It's fine. So what if they got a couple pictures of us in bikinis? Really, it's ok."

"Rowan...you don't get it...someone took photos of you inside your bedroom...changing...you were...you didn't..."

"What's going on? Harry, what are you doing here? Wait, didn't you already leave?" Laurie came into the foyer of her home and looked at us as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Jeez, are you two fighting again?"

I looked over at Harry as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"I need a minute." I walked away from them to catch my breath. Was this actually happening? I needed to wake up from this nightmare. I felt like the pizza I had eaten only a few hours earlier was going to come back up. I knew that what that person did was so incredibly illegal but it didn't stop the pictures from being out there. I felt the tears well up and fall down my face. I didn't even bother to wipe them away. I overheard Harry explaining to Laurie what was going on. I then heard Laurie screaming at Harry.

"What the fuck, bro? First, she's been through hell and back for you since the beginning and now she has nude pictures of her on the internet?? This is your fault!" I heard a scuffle as Laurie pushed Harry. I ran back to the front and pulled Laurie back and she went to push him again. "No, Row, stop. This is his fault! None of this shit would have happened if it wasn't for him! Let me punch him just once."

I pulled on Laurie's arm, away from Harry. A part of me wanted her to punch him considering all the things she said. It hurt because her words were so true.

"Fine. I need some air. Harry, I don't want you here when I get back. Get your bodyguard to take you somewhere else." With that, Laurie disappeared and I heard the back door slam shut. I turned my attention back to Harry. He was looking down at his shoes.

"She's right...fuck, she is so right," he said quietly. "Look, Rowan...fuck this is going to hurt...your life would be better without me in it...all of this...never would have happened if it wasn't for me and my life interfering with yours."

I took a seat on the bottom step of the stairs. I felt the air being taken out my lungs again. The truth hurt. It hurt so fucking bad. "You're right, Harry. My life would be...different without you in it...but it's not what I want. They are just pictures. It's shitty and it sucks but we will get through this...together. Like we promised."

Harry squeezed his eyes shut as he said his next words. "Rowan...I have a plane on stand by taking me back to Europe. I just wanted to come here to make sure you knew about those bloody pictures before someone else told you. I have been killing myself trying to do what is best for you because I love you so damn much and...I think your life would be easier without me in it."

"Woah, wait. You and I just made everything ok between us and now you're...you're ending things with me? You're joking, right? This is a joke," I said, pulling his face to meet mine, as he opened his eyes that were swimming with tears.

"Rowan...I can't keep ruining your life over and over again." Harry was now on his knees in front of me. His hands were locked around my legs. I looked over his shoulder now as the tears fell faster now. We sat like this for a while until I finally pushed him off me.

"You know what...you're right. You have ruined my life in the most beautiful way, Harry. You showed me what it's like to really love someone so much that nothing else in the world matters. You showed me that life isn't about having a plan and controlling everything...you made me...me...you can't say that's something bad."

Harry shook his head and closed his eyes. "No, Rowan. I can't. I can't keep doing this to you. Every day it's something new and I can't keep watching you cry...I can't keep doing this...I want you to be happy every single day of your life and I can't keep being selfish like this. You deserve to be with someone who isn't followed by cameras; someone who can make you laugh and not cry. I'm sorry. Please don't hate me. I love you."

With that, he stood up, kissed my forehead, and walked through the front door. I watched in slow motion as Marsh pulled him into the SUV and he was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 63 42
This story Is about a girl named Jessie Myers who meets an old bad boy (aka) Harry Styles from there high school, then her life changes completely b...
10.1M 262K 76
In which a quiet girl trying to get through her last year of high school by avoiding all conflict in her school and sitting in the back. She didn't e...
1.2K 58 38
This is about a girl in the 10th grade. She struggles with daddy issues and finds comfort in one of her teachers, Mr. styles. She has two best friend...
394 18 6
Harry get's to know a girl over the summer with whom he happens to grow some unexpected feelings for.