Catching Red Eyes - NYC

By NolanBronx

FInally landing her dream internship, Rowan Emerson sparks the interest of the mysterious Harry Styles. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139

Chapter 44

80 2 0
By NolanBronx

When we got back home, it was buzzing with caterers, flowers, balloons, banners, and a massive violent and gold cake. My mother went all out even if it was a bit overwhelming. In the time it took for my parents and me to attend graduation, the party planner and crew transformed our entire backyard into something out of a magazine.

There were tables and chairs decorated with NYU colors and their emblem, the pool had violets floating in it, the willow tree towards the back fence had white ribbon around it and the smaller trees had little gold, white, and violet pom poms hanging from its branches. Each table had center pieces with flowers and candles, all NYU colors. There were also lanterns hanging from the trees for when it got dark out and strings of light with streamers hanging from them. Over to the left was a tent with all kinds of food and drinks. I also saw, to my sort of embarrassment, a blown up size of my graduation photo I had taken in the beginning of my senior semester. Next to that, on a table that matched the others, was a guest book and more photos of me throughout my 21 years of living.

"Wow."

"What do you think??" my mother asked from beside me.

"Mom...I have no words. This looks amazing, thank you so much."

I had seen my mother throw parties and they were always perfection but they were never really focused on me. It was either for a holiday or birthday and I was always away at school during my birthday, so it was long overdue for my mother to throw one of these for me.

"Well, I am glad you like it. The family should be here soon."

The next several hours were a mix of pictures, hugs, kisses, graduation cards and present opening, eating, laughing, and toasts in my honor. Laurie, Marc, George, Maddy, and a few of the writers from the school paper came a little later with more presents, hugs, kisses, and pictures. My cheeks were killing me by the end of the party from laughing and smiling so much but I was happy and content with my family and friends surrounding me.

A few times, Harry crept into my head but I pushed him out. The last thing I wanted after what he did today, was to even think about him.

After saying goodbye to countless family members and friends, Laurie and I changed and grabbed some champagne to toast to our accomplishments. We sat in the backyard under the now lit lanterns and lights.

"You mom killed this party, it was amazing."

"I know, she really did. It was a success."

"Even after all that bullshit earlier. Who knew so many NYU students and their parents loved One Direction!"

We laughed and I waited for her to question me about it but she didn't. We sat and drank the champagne and watched the party crew break down the tables and chairs. We talked about how different life was going to be now with not having to attend classes or lectures anymore and how we couldn't wait for summer to really be here to take beach trips.

"It's going to be a great summer. Just don't work too much because you should really enjoy it."

"I know, I know. I won't, promise."

"Good."

After finished the bottle, it started getting colder so we went inside to wind down after a very, very long day. I felt sleepy after the champagne and wandered into the kitchen for leftovers.

"Hey, mom. Thanks again for the party, it was amazing. I couldn't have asked for anything else today."

"Oh, of course sweetie. Nothing too much for my college graduate. Your dad and I couldn't be prouder then we are today. There was something that came earlier for you, I wanted to wait until now to give it to you because I wasn't sure what it was."

She handed me a white envelope with my name on it. I didn't recognize the hand writing.

"Some big, tall man dropped it off earlier. It looked like a bodyguard," she said eyeing me suspiciously then kissing on the cheek. "Just remember, forgiveness is one of the keys to being happy." She gave me a small squeeze on my arm before disappearing upstairs.

I flipped the envelope over and carefully opened it.

Dearest Rowan,

My actions today were uncalled for and I am truly sorry for that, but I haven't been able to reach you all day and I hope this letter finds you. I am sure you are furious with me and I can understand why, I just needed you to know that I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and want to make things right. I am so very sorry about the things I said that night and hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I also hope you got the flowers I sent this morning. If I do not hear from you soon, then I understand and I will leave you alone. Also, inside this envelope you will find two VIP passes to my concert next week in the city. I do hope you come.

And congratulations on your graduation today.

All my love,

Harry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 20 26
Harry styles fan fiction.
4.1K 63 42
This story Is about a girl named Jessie Myers who meets an old bad boy (aka) Harry Styles from there high school, then her life changes completely b...
156K 4.1K 15
Ongoing story of Rylee Eversteen and Harry Styles.
Curly Cats By Tev

Fanfiction

16.1K 231 31
Charlotte Watson always thought her life was ordinary. Updating her fashion blog everyday, fan-girling over One Direction, having fun with her friend...