Operation: L.O.V.E

By D3V_R3G

L.everage O.ver V.agabond E.scapism A Nigel x Wally KND Fanfiction. Numbuh 4 isn't the lovey-dovey type. Qui... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 12

Ch. 11

272 10 6
By D3V_R3G

A/N
I know I said this would be done at the end of the year... But think of it as a late new years surprise? Lol, sorry, I'm no good at keeping promises and worse at keeping a schedule.
I can't help but think that my writing style's changed a little bit, or maybe the chaps are inconsistent. Please tell me if you think it is. And I'm really sorry for not posting for almost 2 months... Writer's block is the worst...
Anyway, enjoy! 💗
________________________________

Nigel put his dishes away in the sink to let them soak. He stomached the last of his tea before racing up the stairway, counting up the steps as he's done many times.
He walked into his room and shut the door behind him, locking it before making way to his worn wooden dresser.

He slid it open and took out the usual, replacing his pajamas quickly with his familiar red and gray.

He made his bed and turned the light off. He shut the door quietly and readjusted the sunglasses on his pale face.

He looked down the hallway for a moment before moving. He stared at the door nervously as he kept walking down the carpeted corridor.
He passed by the treehouse entrance entirely too slowly. He knew he'd have to go up there eventually, even if that eventuality was right after he brushed his teeth.

As he continued walking, part of him wanted to run, but he didn't. Almost like a test. Don't show weakness. He wanted to run, to hide, to never show his face to the world again. How could he? He'd failed his friends, failed him. In more ways than one. How could he? How could he be so incompetent? Were leaders allowed to be like that? He'd never seen it; so he just assumed not.

He kind of felt like he was out of air, so he took slow and shallow breaths.
He felt a deep pit grow in his stomach, he felt as though his heart would spring out of his chest any minute, but it wouldn't affect him. Couldn't.

That's why it was easy to twist the doorknob to the bathroom.

He didn't was to think about the fact that this wasn't his final destination.
When he heard the lock click, he felt less tense and let out a weary sigh as he leaned against the door. His former pounding heartbeat quieted to a dull thrum he was hardly aware of anymore. He was reduced to only a cold sweat as he pushed off from the door (after he had enough procrastinating) with a huff.

He pointedly avoided the mirror with his injuries in mind as he brushed his teeth. He could very well feel the bandages on his head anyway. He concluded his time in the bathroom with mouthwash and a brisk, melancholy glance at the hairbrush on the counter.

He stepped out, feeling a bit better about himself with a sense of refreshment.

He marched up to the treehouse entrance with as much confidence as he could muster. Before he got cold feet, he took a deep breath and went in.

He saw everyone there. Abby, Hoagie, Kuki, and Wally. They sat at the couch, talking and laughing. He almost didn't want to interrupt them, but he was inside now and he wasn't going to just watch them. He stepped forward and cleared his throat.
"Hey guys,"

The group's chattering died down as they turned their heads to Numbuh 1. The brit waved awkwardly with a small smile, and everyone jumped up and ran towards him with much larger smiles of their own.

"Numbuh 1!" They exclaimed as they hugged him from all sides.

"We're so glad you're okay!" Shouted Numbuh 2.

"We were so worried!" Cried Numbuh 3.

"You just passed out and we didn't know when you'd wake up!" Said Numbuh 5.

"I can't breathe," Numbuh 1 huffed out as he laughed with them. They gasped at this and they all let go, mumbling sheepish 'sorrys' with smiles still planted on their faces.

"Are you okay, Numbuh 1?"

There was his voice. The voice he'd wanted to hear all day. He was more than happy to answer

"Yes, Numbuh 4, I'm okay." They smiled at eachother sheepishly before he pulled Numbuh 5 away while calling to the team.
"I'll be right back, I just have to talk to Numbuh 5 for a moment."

He pulled her to his room and closed the door behind them.

"So, what's this about Numbuh 1?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I've just got a few questions Numbuh 5, shouldn't take too much of your time."

"Sure, but Numbuh 5's got a question of her own when your done."

Fair enough. He thought as he cleared his throat.

"How long have I been out?"

"About a day." She answered immediately.
"And a half."

There was no way she just said what he thinks she just said. An entire day and a half? Seriously??? He decided he didn't want to think about that right now.

"A-Alright... next question. Since I know you're sharp, did you already find out about Wally's... condition?"

She blinked.
"Uh, yeah, Numbuh 5 actually already dealt with it while you were out. None of the other's know about it yet."

Yep, you can always count on good ol' Abby. He didn't know why he was surprised she'd already dealt with it, he shouldn't be. She's proved time and time again that she was reliable.

He was relieved about the news that Numbuh 4 wasn't affected by the love bug anymore, but he couldn't help but feel anxious. Did Wallabee remember anything about that day? He couldn't decide if that would be a good thing or a bad thing.

He had one more question for his deputy and he might as well get his head out of the clouds.

"How did the mission go?"

She blinked again, then she smiled.
"It went pretty good actually, before we found you, we were looking around and we found some plans for the teens to make deals with some of the 12 year olds in the KND, which we obviously brought in to Numbuh 86. We couldn't find much else though, but those plans did have some names on them, so the 12 year olds that were involved are being sent to Arctic Prison as we speak."

He was dumbfounded by the information and widened his eyes. The mission went extremely well, especially considering the circumstances.

"Wow, um, good job Numbuh 5. Seriously. You did an excellent job, that really is a big accomplishment."

Her smile grew as she shifted her weight onto her other leg.
"Well, Numbuh 5 is pretty great, but she can't take all the credit. We all pitched in."

"Now then, what did you want to ask me?"

She was probably going to ask him about Chad, but he never could be sure what to expect from Abigail.

She stood there for a second and uncrossed her arms.

"Do you like Numbuh 4?"

His mouth gaped.

"Huh?"

"Numbuh 5 thinks that's a yes." She said with an amused smirk. "Not surprised, just needed confirmation. Now that that's outta the way, you should really go talk to Numbuh 4. He's been kinda out of it since I got him back to normal."

Numbuh 1 gulped and nodded. Sometimes she's too sharp for his own good. He scoffed and said, "Thanks Numbuh 5."

"Any day Numbuh 1."

____________
To answer a few questions you might have:
1. I am not dead
2. This isn't the last chapter
3. I'm not sure if the next chapter is the last or not but it is definitely either the last chapter, or the second last chapter

Here's two questions of my own.
Will you vote and/or comment?
Please?
I'm feeling a bit underappreciated here, so if you enjoyed this chapter please vote!! 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 14K 47
[OFFICIAL @FANFIC LIST] Keith, a dark, moody devil, is on a mission on earth when he meets Lance, the cockiest, flirtiest angel he's ever met. It tu...
103K 2.6K 32
Rody goes back to working for Vince after Manon never answered him, he still needed the job after all. He slowly forms a friendship with Vince, and e...
14.5K 340 24
Most people in Plainview yearn for a more exciting life. Miles Macey longs for a normal one. But when his first glimpse into the ordinary high school...
17.3K 148 54
Jake was troubled, did what was considered to be 'bad' things but he just wants to live. He's extremely loyal, funny but brave. Devon was a smart gu...