The Adam Project

Door DumbHufflepuff23

Abigail Harrington and Adam Reed have been best friends since they were baby's. About a year ago Abby's mothe... Meer

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Cast
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Eight

2K 35 6
Door DumbHufflepuff23

No One's POV
—————————
2022
The group sat at the picnic table in silence before older Abby spoke up.

"You know what you have to do, right?"

"Noooooo." FA quickly said. "No, I came back for you. Both of you."

"I know. But we can't have a life here. Not like this." OA (Older Abby) told him.

"Now you have to go back to 2018, and you have to put things right. You have to put an end to all this." Laura finished.

"What do you mean "put and end to it"?" Adam asked.

"She means, stop time travel from ever being invented and save the future."

"Fine, come with me, and we'll—"

"Your jet is meshed for your DNA. It won't fly with anyone else." OA interrupted.

"You're very smart. You can figure it out." FA said.

"Adam!"

"We get together in the program. Don't you understand that? We can't...if I go back and stop time travel, and that's an extremely big "if" with Sorian on my ass, we never get together. We never happen. We never happen Abbs." FA told OA, his voice cracking.

OA grabbed FA's face and looked at him.

"We did happen. Every moment we ever had, will always have happened. Even if we correct the time stream, somewhere in us will be the echo of this one. And we will find each other. I really believe that."

"What if we don't? What if... what if you're wrong? And you're probably wrong."

"When am I ever wrong?"

Adam and Abby watched the scene with sad eyes. Adam looked over at Abby and couldn't stop thinking about her future death. He didn't wanna lose her, and knowing that he was going to wasn't making it any better.

"I can't do this again, okay?" FA whispered. "I can't do this again, please. I can't afford to lose you. Don't do this."

The sad moment was interrupted by a loud beeping noise, causing everyone to look around.

"What is that?"

"They found us."

Everyone rushed to the cabin and Laura looked at the security cameras.

"Damn it!" She muttered. "There's a dirt road right around the bend. I'll buy you time to get to your jet."

"No, no, no. Whoa. Hell no. I'm not leaving." OA spoke, chasing after her.

"You have to."

"What are you talking about? They'll kill you!" OA said, fighting Laura as she pushed her over to the car.

"No. I've have had years— I've had years to rig my defenses. They'll never see me coming. But if they catch you, it's over!" Laura argued.

"Laura—"

"Abby, stop it! Please. I know we're like sisters. Now you have to leave, please." Laura said as Abby pulled her into a hug. "We can fix this. Go."

Abby got into the front seat, next to Adam, slamming the door.

"Go!"

Adam drove away, and OA punched the passenger seat door. Abby looked back, through the window, and saw Laura standing there, watching them drive away.

"The jet's still not reading me because of my vitals. I'll need your DNA to start her up." FA told Adam. "When we get to altitude, the bio stop will come down, and then I take can over. We have to move fast, or they'll be on us before we can jump to 2018."

"Wait. What? We're not coming with you." Adam said, grabbing Abby's hand.

"Yes, you two are. Let's go. We need to go." OA said.

"Will you stop and listen to us? This is our fixed time. You already had our childhoods. You had adventures, you flew planes. And I'm the girl who gets her ass kicked by two assholes and a messed up ankle. We want the rest of it." Abby said, making OA turn around.

"You want the rest of it?" She asked herself.

"Yeah."

"Okay, here's the rest of it. Mom's death screws you up more than you ever realize. You get angry. You and Adam wander around high school without making a social dent. Collage is a high point, until after a year, you get expelled and lose your scholarship for something that is so unbelievably stupid I cannot even say it out loud right now. You end up in the Air Force. Turns out you could really fly. And then time travel comes along, and the whole world starts to fall apart. Until you get shot in the stomach, and everything gets ripped away from you. Do you understand me? Everything! Everything gets taken away."

"There's gotta be more than that." Abby whispered.

"There is, kid. Thanks to Sorian, none of it's good. But we can fix it."

"By destroying time travel?" Adam asked.

"That's right." FA responded.

"And how are we gonna do that? What's your plan?"

"Well, I'm not gonna explain our plan to a nerd with an inhaler and—" FA stated to say, but Abby cut him off.

"You don't have a plan, do you?"

"I do not have a plan. That is correct. But I know somebody who might."

"Dad." Adam muttered.

"Dad."

"You're gone find Dad."

"Nope. We're gonna find dad. So are you both in or are you—" FA said, but was cut off by Adam putting his thumb on the necklace, revealing the jet.

Everyone got in the jet, FA immediately starting to get the controls to work.

"Okay. Here we go. All right, give me your hand." He told Adam. "Like that, yep. Nice, healthy DNA right there. Okay, we'll part it down there, grab onto the railing, hold on for dear life, and try not to pass out from the G's, okay?"

"What's a...Jesus!" Abby was cut off by the jet starting.

"What's happening?"

"That."

The jet started getting shot at, FA making sharp turns to avoid them.

"What are you doing?" Adam asked.

FA started flying straight up into the sky, the bullets from the other jet bouncing off.

"Hang on." FA said, causing Adam to grab onto FA's face, blocking his eyesight, as his body floated in the air. "I told you to hang on. Don't you give me that stink eye. Okay, hold tight. I've sheets wanted to try this."

"Now is not the time for experiments, Adam!" OA said, holding on to her younger self.

FA pressed a few buttons and the hold jet shut off.

"Did you just turn the plane off?" Adam asked.

"Seriously?!" Abby and OA asked at the same time.

"Yes I did."

"Oh my God, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." Adam panicked, grabbing into Abby, and holding her tight as they began to fall from the sky.

FA turned the jet back in just as they were about to hit the ground, and stayed there.

"Adam." A Sorian's voice echoed through the jet. "Check your ion readings. The reactors damaged. You have one jump left. If you don't come back now, you never will."

FA looked over the Abby and Adam and sighed.

"What do you say, kids? Your call. We don't pull this off, we're not getting back, any of us."

Adam looked at his watch before making eye contact with Abby. Kinda like they had a conversation with their eyes, before looking at FA.

"Punch that shit." They said in unison.

Authors Note:
Ummmmmm, heyyyyyy. So, uh, I'm not dead. I started reading this bc I got bored and I'm like, I've need to continue writing this so, I just started again. I guess I just need to re-motivate myself on why I wanted to write this in the first place. So, so, so, sorry for how LONG this took. Love you all and I hope you enjoyed. ♥️

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

28.4K 1K 26
𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐱𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐦, 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. Y/n Walsh, the loving and beautiful wife of Shane Walsh an...
25.3K 374 34
There's an old saying that goes, "People say you don't know what you've got till it's gone. But the truth is, you just never thought you'd ever lose...
47 0 12
Her heart pounded against her chest. She ran and ran, using her legs to get farther and farther. With each step she took, she felt her ankles cry out...
277K 5.2K 51
Amara Grimes life has been turned upside down. First her mother dies. Then her father is shot. A zombie apocalypse is the next logical step right? Wi...