When dark illuminate | ✎

By preciouspearl20

❝ A pen, a paper - creates magic when they come together ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━ There's a story behind every story ➝ a... More

A/N
|4| Darker the night; feared the chaos
|5| Lovin' seems a losin' deal
|6| Happiness always comes with a price
|7| Reliable on different surface
|8| If I were a saviour, then I was a monster too
|9| Never knew he was me until now
|10| When a death was discovered
|11| A blank paper
|12| Eli, my friend
|13| The wrong side of the right side
|13.5| If the sides aren't switched
|15| Web of future, present & (never) forgotten past
|16| Exiled love
|17| Breathing fire

|14| Smokes of unstrapped emotions

112 17 181
By preciouspearl20

❝ It's a written song to bewitching our fate, twists & turns are part of it. ❞

. . .

    Thuds, another thuds.

    The roaring sound of the wind is clicking continuously. Maybe another thunder is striking in the sky to magnify a glorious scarlet beaming ray; as quickly it comes, it goes as well. And the sound came— someone's hitting the glass with stones.

    At first, I thought maybe the roaring sound was hitting the window glasses but it's getting louder with each moment.

    I was about to overlook and dozed off; yet the discerning sound of clicking in the pavement is irksome. I pull my cardigan from my closet, embrace myself in it; fidgeting with the buttons in nervousness.

    My house is on the sidewalk of the nearest forest in our city. I know, it sounds crazy but I love the transition of a greenery environment & there's no other apartments in the neighbourhood. It's a perfect place to be myself & find some peace, so when I found this place, it's win-win for me.

    Slowly I crease my bedroom door, navigate my way in the hallway. It's dark, reminding me I'd actually put off the lights before I went to bed; just when I tried to find the switchboard —I heard movements.

    Someone's here, heavy footsteps are echoing in this deserted space. A silhouette in the dark. I hurried my way over the sofa, stayed behind it. This anonymous person is slowly sinking in the ground, and looking frantically as if he's in a search. The roaring sounds have been stopped now, slowly the moonlit is deeming its way through the shuffle of curtains.

     With the slight light illuminating this dark hallway, I can only figure out— this is a man, with a broad shoulder, tall frame; leaning in the doorframe. He looks abstract. I tightened my cardigan around my torso.

     What's he doing here at this hour? Surely I know, my work as a journalist indulged: carrying out mundane collections of stacks at market place or any crime scene journals. But that doesn't mean— I could have a man in the middle of the night without knowing his purpose. Okay, this sounds pretty peculiar.

   From the distinct corner, I see he pulls out a heavy metal from his pocket. Is it a gun? Oh gosh—is he here to kill me? I don't want to die, dear lord— I haven't even found my soulmate yet.

    My phone— where is it now? Damn, I forgot it on my bedside table. The man who's supposed to be my murderer, is walking towards in the whole house. Just like a predator looks for his prey. But he's humming something. The way, the slow pause; and the humming continues. . . I know this.

     It's not the end of our fate. . .

    Even when the brightest shining lost its realm. . .

    We know, we'll find our way. . .

    In the middle of glitter night. . .

     My ears perked up and a silent spectrem of bewitching wrath firmed my body with it, like it's on fire— it's alive. Before thinking anything else, I got up from my hidden escape. Hearing my clutter movements, that guy looks on my way.

   And suddenly the lights turned out. He saunters his way towards me. He has a smug smile in his place; looks like he can easily get out when his work is finished.

   "There, there. There you're, though you will give me a hard time as I've heard a lot of things about you; being a savage queen," he said with a teasing smile and put his gun on his left side.

    "Looks can be deceiving, rumours are as dangerous as a hap of befool truths. Who are you actually? I'm sure apart from killing myself, you want something more here," I said to him while crossing my arms. He doesn't need to know if I am nervous or not.

    He slid the gun into my face, the cold metal was making contact with my hot skin, and he said, "Feisty! I like it. I don't expect anything but a formality from someone as you as a smarty-pants," he takes back his gun, readjust his nonchalant figure to continue, "Hand out the information to me or else ready to bid a goodbye to this last night."

    I, Avery Brooklyn —very well aware of what kind of information he's talking about. Recently our young king died unexpectedly with the poison of unknown flowers but this news is getting subsided with wealth now. Someone's playing downrange here, tinkering with the resources, since it's indeed an intricate matter. So they know if the information leaked out in the newspaper; it will bring a ruckus in the whole city.

    But still he's not going to get it. "I'm not giving any information here," I said while shrugging my shoulders. Hearing this, he grabs my arm & puts an arm around my neck— a whimsical grunts escape from my mouth. It's hard to breathe.

   "Give or die," he said while putting more pressure; I start to cough a little bit, even though it's hard to breathe; I sing along after that—

   The moon doesn't it shine bright for all of us,

   But even if it's the darkest nights,

   I know you're the one, I know you're the one,

   But even if it's the darkest nights,

   It's not the end of our fate. . .

   Even when the brightest shining lost its realm. . .

    We know, we'll find our way. . .

    In the middle of glitter night. . .

   I knew you'd been the one for me,

      You'd been the one for me.

    I closed my eyes after the little singing session, a lonely tear escaping from the puffy eyes of mine. He startled & released me slowly, when I looked into his eyes— I saw disbelief, regret, sadness. All of these emotions are flooding in his stormy eyes as if someone has poured a cold bucket of water on him.

    I know, he recognized it by now. After all, only mates know each other's songs. In this city of daflings', everyone has a soulmate & a specialised song, only known by their pair of destinies. The moment he hummed that song, I knew he was my soulmate.

  But see, the cruelty of fate— my soulmate is here to kill his destiny. He is baffled; too caught up with the realisation.

  "You wanna kill me, go ahead," I yelled at him while sniffing back my tears and putting a finger on his chest & said, "but remember that you won't get the information from me."

   Then he points the cold metal on my forehead, mustering up the brave face he says, "And you should know that I'm not bluffing here. The bitter card of fate, look Avery— it will be easy for us, just give me that folder! We both will be free."

   Big fat tears are kissing my face, by seeing his condition; I know he's controlling his own tears. The little moisture glinting in his eyes is the evidence of it. "Okay, if that's what you want," I said while wiping my tears.

    Before he can think twice, I push him & he stumbles backward. I gather my gun from the snagging of the sofa—it's my legal weapon, I have always put it here in case of any need. Since I know, I have a gang of enemies actually; being the crime reporter.

    I tugged at his t-shirt, pointed the gun at him, he mimicked me & put the cold metal on my forehead back. Mates die for each other, irony of fate; we're pointing guns at each other.

    I've always dreamt I would meet my mate in the middle of a garden or park, when it would happen; it would be the most romantic moment, only us. Never in a million years did I thought, I would be in this situation.

    My calm demeanour is threatening him. "I will never give that information to you, even if it means I will have to lose myself or my mate," I said with gritted teeth.

    "In that case, I'm not gonna deviate from my path then, so be it," he clenches his jaw & says while pulling the trigger.

    Loud gunshots filled the air, smeared bloods with the crimson bailing; my mate pivoted on the cold floor with a thudding sound. I dropped my gun beside him.

    I've snapped my trigger first before he could.

    I started to sob hysterically. I've killed my own mate, my face is painted with his blood. What did I do? Soulmates are supposed to stay forever with each other but nothing goes as we wish, right?

    The sun is slowly raising its head from the darkest glimmer, trying to peek into this solemn assembly; I left him halfway & rushed into the bathroom.

    I shut the door, gaze at the mirror. My left side of the face; smudged with his blood. My mate, who is no more. I started to splash water on my water aggressively & look at my face again in the mirror, the bloodshot eyes gawking back at me.

    This isn't the same Avery anymore.

    "Cut, cut! The shot is done," Director Greg shouts at the crew & I give him a thumbs up.

━━━━━━━

Phew! How's it?

. . .

The song lyrics was written by me, since La_Cloudwalker wanted me to complete that song, I've given a try. It's my first ever written song, might not be great but I know songwriters know better than me. It's just my futile attempt to furnish my piece.

****

Song name :
“You'd been the one for me.”

Intro :

The moon doesn't it shine bright for all of us,

But even if it's the darkest nights,

I know you're the one, to hold me down

In the warmth glencose light.

Verse :

When the darkest night avails,

It's not the end of our fate,

to reverse a new start,

the hireable of new blue.

Chorus :

Even when the brightest shining lost its realm,

We know, we'll find our way,

In the middle of glitter night,

I knew you'd been the one for me,

You'd been the one for me.

Verse :

But the start of everything isn't shiny,

Not even if our love isn't frenzied,

You know, the heart beats a bit faster

when I find you, to approach me.

Chorus :

Even when the brightest shining lost its realm,

We know, we'll find our way,

In the middle of glitter night,

I knew you'd been the one for me,

You'd been the one for me.

Bridge :

If someday, our life takes another round

I know, it will be different to take out

We won't have to be worried,

of the gasoline of the wreath world.

where bullets don't pierce a heart,

to take out another life to behold,

It will be something beautiful,

where reminiscing isn't sorrowful.

Chorus :

Even when the brightest shining lost its realm,

We know, we'll find our way,

In the middle of glitter night,

I knew you'd been the one for me,

You'd been the one for me.

Outro :

The moon doesn't shine bright for all of us,

Maybe the darkest dusk is here,

You're not here to hold me down,

Hold me down in the warmth embrace.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 877 49
G/T short stories! I'm open to suggestions.
672 10 10
A collection of oneshots and short stories that come to me when I'm bored in class. (says completed but there will be more updates.)
1.3K 6 35
A collection of short little stories or ramblings I write when I'm bored or spontaneously inspired :)) • random updates • warnings posted above any c...
151 46 24
A collection of some random story ideas. Feel free to use them for inspiration or drop prompt ideas for me to write :)