ShadowCat And The X-Men(Book...

By Evane15

Humans always had the need to interact with each other and make relationships. But truth is, relationships a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 6

60 3 0
By Evane15

The sun raised itself above the institute and that means that it was time for another morning training session with the students.

The newbies have finally adapted to the schools program.

It was about time it has been two months since the lessons started.

Logan had decided to start the training sessions with the students at the same time as the school began and let's just say that it was too much for everyone.

Students had to learn to maintain a balance between their school and their training here and we teachers had to balance school, training and teaching.

It can be handful but we have found a way to deal with it, mostly with helping each other with everything.

Today  our lesson was taking place at the edge of the school grounds at the back at the cliff just above the sea.

The mission is to rescue an unconscious victim trapped on rocks on a piece of earth that was sticking out from down the cliff.

And if they faild, which I pretty much doubt, they can at least not drop the victim into the sea and receive some points.

Logan is of course the leader of the mission and me the second hand as always.

For today I am keeping track of the students improvement , use of technique, their timing and keep notes for mistakes they might have made and lastly grade them.

Kurt is acting as the victim and Scott is hanging from a rope a little farther away from Kurt just in case things go wrong.

"Confirmed he is unconscious," Scott said through our communicator.

Everyone had one.

"And starving! Speed up the rescue! I need breakfast!," Kurt whined and I laughed.

"Shut up Kurt I will tell Ororo to hold some waffles for you too," I said looking down at him from up the cliff.

"We are having waffles!? Come on!" He whined a little more making both me and Scott laugh.

I looked down at my notes only to realize who was the first one to try and save Kurt.

"Tabitha it's your turn you have to come down with that basket," I said and sigh in annoyance.

Boom-Boom is one of the hardest students to deal with.She just doesn't get anything seriously!

Logan and I shared a look as she didn't answer to me.

"Oh Man Boom-Boom!! You placed my life on the hands of maniac !!!" Kurt yelled through the communicator even though he could be heard without it.

All the students laughed at him but I gave him an apologetic look from up here.

"Sorry,"I whispered through the communicator and begun fixing the stretcher.

I really doubt Tabitha will make this right.

We got the stretcher ready and she still hasn't come to the frond so I decided to turn to the group of students for help.

If she is still sleeping I am so making Ororo make it rain in her room.

"Have any of you seen Boom-Boom?" I asked and and they gave each other a look.

"Em.. yeah she is over there," Sam said and pointed at the bench which was set just a few steps away.

She was wearing her headphones and dancing on the bench.

Logan approached her and took her headphones off.

"Hey! Where is your communicator kid?" Logan asked sternly.

"Ha? Oh I grabbed the wrong headphones by accident.No big deal. Is it my turn?"she said standing up and Logan sigh in frustration.

"Yeah," he voiced with hesitation he seemed as doubtful as me.

Suddenly my eyes widen once she placed her hand down Logan's jawline and walked confidently to the cliff.

Logan was shocked.

He looked at me with confusion and I shook my head while raising my hands in the air in defeat with my notes still in hand.

"Don't look at me! I am just the assistant you are the boss you deal with her!" I said and rushed behind Tabitha at the cliff.

Logan followed close behind.

"Yeah ! Look out below!!Boom-Boom is bombing in!" She shouted as she got down with the stretcher.

"I am going to die," Kurt announced and Shallowed hard.

"You know there is still time to stop the exercise," I offered to Logan with an awkward smile and he noticed how worried I was right away.

"Don't worry Scott is down there if something happens he is gonna handle it," He said I felt myself relax.

"Probably," he added with a smirk making me tense.

He laughed once he saw my eyes go wide.

I was watching like a hawk as Tabitha reached Kurt with the basket.

"Hi cutie," she greeted Kurt.

"Hi I have to know are you insane?" Kurt asked and she pinched his cheek while laughing.

"His codename is Nightcrawler and he is unconscious," Scott scolded.

"Oh yeah," Kurt said and closed his eyes laying down trapped on the rocks.

"Well, first we got  to blow apart those rocks,"she said and created one of her spheres from her hands and placed it inside the rocks that had "trapped"Kurt.

"Fire in the hall!!!!" She screamed covering her ears while Kurt gasped and covered his head with his hands.

Scott also covered his face looking the other way as boom-boom's bomb exploded with a small force.

But the force was enough to break the rocks and thankfully Kurt wasn't hurt in any way.

I sigh with relief.

The only thing she has to do now is to place him in the basket and get back up.

How wrong could this go?

"And in the basket you go,"she said and kicked Kurt into the basket.

"Ow! I am an injured victim not a log!" Kurt complained.

"Nightcrawler huh? That name is not working for you I am sorry. Whoa!What about Wild Blue Yonder Boy?" She said and Kurt laughed.

"You are insane," Kurt concluded with a smile.

"Okay Boom-Boom get the victim up," Logan instructed.

"Yo Patcher! Get us up!" She yelled to Logan  and I face palmed while the students died from laughter at the back.

"It's wolverine" Logan said warningly making the students hold back there laughter afraid of his reaction.

Logan was obviously annoyed but still started to get them up.

Her turn was finally over and no one was injured.

Just when I was about to take a sigh of relief Tabitha gasped alerting me.

I looked down immediately only to see Kurt falling off the basket.

"Kurt!!" Tabitha screamed as she closed her eyes in fear.

Logan and I were about to take action but Kurt just teleported back up inside the basket and laughed!?

I watched with wide eyes.

"You forgot to strip me in. 10 points off!" Kurt said and I was furious.

His pranks have gone too far this time.

"Kurt Wagner! what the hell!?" I yelled from the top of the cliff not using the communicator and Scott gave me knowing look.

"This isn't good" Scott announced through that communicator.

"Oh yeah? Hang on, on your blue tail Yonder Boy!" Tabitha said to Kurt making the stretcher move back and forth like a swing.

She created her small explosive spheres and through them against the rocky wall next to them making the force move the basket more.

They laughed together as they kept going.

"Hey!! Cut it off!" Logan yelled sternly scaring the students next to me but Tabitha and Kurt continued unbothered.

I watched the basket move back and forth closer and closer to the wall.
Kurt who enjoyed the situation didn't notice the wall behind him and hit the back of his head on the rocks.

"Kurt!!!" I screamed as Tabitha hadn't noticed Kurt falling unconscious and kept moving the basket.

Kurt's body lost balance and fell off the basket.

"Come on! Joke is over get back up here!" Tabitha yelled thinking Kurt was just playing.

Shit just got real.

"Scott hit the rocks!" I yelled as Kurt was heading straight for some rocks sticking out from the sea below us.
Scott shoot the rocks breaking them to smaller pieces and Kurt fell into the water with no injury.

"Kathryn wait!" Logan yelled after me as I dropped my notes and my communicator to the floor jumping after Kurt inside the water.

Once my body fell into the water I felt instant hunger for oxygen and my eyes closed instinctively.

I opened them slowly feeling the stinking sensation of the water in my eyes.

I looked around me hysterically for Kurt and luckily my eyes fell immediately on him.

I grabbed him by the waist and got him back at the surface.

I gasped as air filled my lungs.

"Kurt?" I called softly in a whisper and he caught.

"What?" He asked half conscious and I sigh in relief.

He turned to look at me as confusion was clear in his eyes.

I on the other hand looked up straight into Tabitha's eyes making sure she knew I wasn't happy.

She avoided my piercing look and turned her back on me as the students pulled her up.

Scott and Logan rushed down to us to get Kurt to the infirmary.

-Time Skip-

After Kurt was examined by the professor and Logan we all gathered  in the control room to discuss today's event.

Thankfully Kurt wasn't badly hurt but not thanks to her.

I thought as I kept glaring from my spot next to Evan and Rogue.

"Rules exist for many reasons one being your safety and the only way to inforce those rules to ensure your obedience ,to keep you all safe is for there to be penalties," The Professor Xavier explained to the students and continued.

"So Kurt,Tabitha for two weeks you are confined to the institute every day after School, your prohibited for using your powers and you will attend two training sessions a day with Logan," The professor finished and I heard Evan flinch.

I bit my lip thinking.

Well they had it coming.

"But!-" Tabitha tried to protest but Kurt stopped her by placing his hand at her shoulder.

"Yes professor we understand," Kurt said and I saw Tabitha's angry expression.

I would lie if I said I didn't agree with the professor.

Yes we are kids and kids will make mistakes but there is a limit in carelessness.

Today they both crossed it.

-Time Skip-

I was in my room getting ready for the day.

A pair of black leggings and a my favourite red t-shirt will do and of course my knives and my shoes.

I tied my hair in a high ponytail and fixed my bangs in the mirror making sure they covered most of my scar.

"Hey!"Rogue said as she walked into the room closing the door behind her.
She walked beside me and begun fixing her hair, brushing her white hair of her eyes.

"Hello to you too! Ready to go to school?" I asked and she groaned.

"Yeah ready to go back to hell," she said and I laughed slightly.

"So..," I begun and drift off.

"Yes?" She asked impatient waiting for me to continue.

"Are you driving with Scott?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Oh no! Risty is driving me," she said and I felt kind of disappointed but didn't let Rogue know.

I don't know what but there is something off with Risty.

Rogue and Risty had gotten really close.

It feels well weird.

"Are you driving with Scott?" Rogue reversed the question and I was taken aback.

"No," I said shyly in whisper.

She stopped brushing her hair placed the brush down and looked at me straight in the eyes as I tried to avoid her look that went right through my soul.

"What have you planned?"she asked me with a smirk and I quit trying to hide from her.

"You know me so well," I said with a shy smile.

"Are you two walking again?" She asked with a ghost of a smile.

"His car needs to be repaired so yes we are walking," I said and she nodded.

"And you want me to cover you from Scott?" She asked already knowing the answer.

I walked to our school bags picking them up from the ground, putting mine over my shoulder and giving Rogue hers.

"If you are up for it," I said honestly.
I don't want to bother her with my problems.

"Alright then! I am telling him you are driving with me and Risty," she told me and I hugged her carefully.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I said and she hugged me awkwardly.
Rogue isn't really into hugs see likes to show affection in other ways.

But since she knows I am a bit of a cuddler with people I trust she has gotten used to it.

She pulled away slowly and walked to the door.

"It's no big deal! Have fun!" She shouted walking out of the room closing the door behind her.

I checked my bag again making sure everything was inside and thankfully it was.

After I made sure I was ready I made my way out of my room not expecting to find Tabitha right outside my door.

I was surprised and she seemed too.

"Can I help you?" I asked in a rush.

"Yes actually," she said with confidence.

"I am listening," I said coldly since I was pretty pissed at her because of Kurt's accident.

"Could you-" she begun to speak but was caught off by Kurt opening his door and he gasped in surprise seeing Tabitha and me at my door.

"Hi girls," he greeted nervously.

"What's going on?" He asked probably feeling the tension between me and Tabitha.

I shook my head at Kurt and turned back to Tabitha.

"What do you want?" I asked Tabitha harshly more than I intended.

"Look you are teacher at some point-" she begun and I cut her off.

"Yeah, Scott,Jean and Rogue are also teachers here why don't you ask them. We both know I am not really your favorite." I said confronting her.

"That's true but I am not really your favourite student either, am I?" She asked coping my accent and I wondered if she really expected an answer.

Kurt looked between me and Tabitha.

"Anyways, you and Logan, you guys are close he listens to you. Can't you just say a good word for me and the blue boy to avoid those extra training sessions,"

She said and the only thing I could do at that moment was glare at her.

"What!No!No! Forget she said that!" Kurt yelled shocked getting infrond of me afraid that a fight might break out.

"You already know the answer to that," I said ignoring Kurt and begun walking away from the scene.

"Wait! Come on! We were just having fun!"Tabitha protested and I scoffed.

"Yeah and while having fun one of you dropped unconscious," I said Turing to face her.

"It was an accident Katzchen don't be hard on her," Kurt said defending Tabitha.

"You just don't understand do you?" I said shaking my head in disappointment.

"I never meant to hurt Kurt as I told you before we were just having fun," Tabitha said getting dangerously close to my face.

I felt threatened.

I pushed her back gently not wanting to hurt her but also not enjoying the closeness.

"There is a difference between having fun and being reckless. I thought you both knew which one was which I guess I was wrong," I said and finally walked away.

-Time Skip-

I walked into the brotherhood house garden which was kinda neglected.
Lance should have been out by now.

I kept quiet as I heard a lot of noises from the house.

They are probably fighting again.

"See you Einsteins I am going to school," Lance yelled as he walked outside and slammed the door with force.

"I am coming too! For my own safety," Todd announced as he opened the door and followed Lance closely.

"Everything all right?" I asked making my present known to him and he looked really taken aback.

"Hi Kitty! Is it 8 already? I didn't realize you were here," he said and flashed me a smile I couldn't help but smile back.

"ShadowCat! What are you doing here!?" Todd exclaimed loudly in shock and Lance's eyes widen.

"Hi," I waved at him kindly not really knowing what else to do.

"Wait are you and ShadowCat dating?!" Todd asked Lance as loudly as before if not more and Lance was quick to cover his mouth before Pietro or Fred heard anything.

"No," me and Lance answered in a union and exchanged a look.

Lance released his grip on Todd.

"We are just friends," Lance said avoiding my eyes and a shiver run down my spine.

Just friends that's what he said.
But did he really mean it?

"Yeah we are just hanging out," I reassured Todd who was still in shock.

Well a friendship between me and Lance is a surprise and hard to take in.

"But you better keep your mouth shut about it! Got it froggy boy?!"Lance threatened Todd grabbing him from the collar of his shirt.

The earth shook.

Lance always had short temper even as a child.

"It's alright," I interfered Lance sigh getting control of himself and let go of Todd.

"I won't say anything! I promise just don't leave me here!" Todd begged and Lance seemed embarrassed.

"Are you okay with it?" Lance asked me in much softer tone and I nodded.

Todd seems to be the most sympathetic of the brotherhood.

"Alright" Lance gave in.

"Thanks!" Todd said in gratitude and we all begun walking out of the garden and into street.

Maybe this isn't exactly how I imagined our walk but it's still okay.
Even though I was with Lance now I couldn't stop thinking about Kurt and Tabitha.

I kept replaying our argument in my head over and over again.

Was I overreacting?

Did I took it to far?

"Are you okay? You are awfully quiet today" Lance said noticing my strange behavior.

"I had a rough morning," I said and he seemed interested to hear more.

"What happened?" He asked curiously.

"A training session went to hell. There is that student Tabitha Smith. She is really careless she and Kurt were playing around and Kurt got hurt if it wasn't for me and Scott it could have been even worse"

I said and both Todd and Lance listened with interest.

"After that they got grounded and she showed up at my door and asked me to say something to Logan to get her and Kurt out of the extra training sessions"

I explained everything as we kept walking.

"That sucks" Lance commented and I nodded.

"This new girl doesn't seem to like you that much" Todd said and I scoffed.

"Equal feelings," I said and shook my head at the though of Tabitha hating on me.

I don't know what's her deal.

"Anyways enough about me how are you guys doing?" I asked Lance mostly and he was really hesitant to answer.

"I am good" he answered and I wasn't convinced at all.

I raised an eyebrow at him waiting for the truth.

"What are you talking about!? Good!? How are you good when we had the electricity cut off , the water and your car is broken! Also our whole kitchen is empty and on top of all that the house is half falling apart because of your earthquakes!" 

Todd said and I was speechless.

I knew they lived in poor conditions but I didn't know it got this bad.

"What?" I exclaimed in shock.

"Okay, okay we are not good right now but we are gonna get through this" Lance  admitted embarrassed.

"What are you talking about?! We can't even afford groceries!" Todd shouted again making Lance frustrated.

I bet there is a way to help them.
I thought as an idea popped in my head.

"It doesn't matter we will make it through we always do" Lance said reassuringly to Todd which warmed my heart.

We finally arrived to school.

"I have to go to class see you guys later!" I said and waved goodbye.

"Bye Kitty" Lance said as I entered the school building.

"Yeah,Bye Kitty!" I heard Todd say and soon after an earthquake followed.
Todd is in trouble.

-Time Skip-

I walked into the school cafeteria and looked around for the others.

Kurt and Evan were nowhere to be seen, Jean sat with the jocks I am not going there and finally I noticed Scott alone on a table.

"Hey!" I greeted and sat next to him.

His face lighten up when he saw me.

"Kathryn I am so glad to see you" he said and I smiled as I placed my tray on the table and begun eating my fruit salad.

"So, how was the ride with the girls?" He asked and I almost choked.

"It was fine" I said feeling guilty.

Lying to Scott isn't the worst thing I've ever done but it definitely feels like it.

"Anyways I spoke with Kurt and he told me about your fight he is really shaken up" Scott said and I sigh.

I have doubts about the way I treated Kurt.

"I know what he did was stupid but you know Kurt" he said and I stopped eating.

"Yes I know Kurt and that's why I am mad! He is a prankster and likes to have fun but he had learned to be serious in the battlefield and suddenly when she appeared everything goes to hell. He forgot every restriction we placed and got himself hurt. He doesn't understand that if we hadn't acted in time he would have been seriously hurt!"

I said loudly not caring for the looks I was getting and Scott gave me a concerned look.

"But that's not why you are mad," he said and it wasn't a question. It was a statement and I sigh in defeat.

"When I saw him fall I almost felt paralyzed and deep inside i really wished it was another prank but it wasn't.Why can't he understand that his actions effect the rest of us? Why can't he understand that I can't bear to see him hurt again,"

I said in much lighter tone as memories floated my head from our first mission together when he passed out on me.

I looked up to meet Scott's eyes only to find him laughing at me.

"What are you laughing about?!" I asked offended.

"His laughing because I am right behind you Katzchen" Kurt said placing his hand on my shoulder but I pulled away.

"How much did you hear?" I asked caught red handed.

"All of it," he answered with a huge grin on his face and I looked away as he took a sit next to me.

"Look I am sorry about everything I know that what I did wasn't okay and I am not proud of what I did but it happened. I didn't mean to hurt anyone.I know how it feels to see someone you love get hurt I did a mistake hope you can forgive me Katzchen,"

Kurt apologized he really seemed remorseful and I couldn't help but smile.

"How the hell can I stay mad at you," I said and he pulled his arm around me.

"Oh Katzchen! I promise no more funny business in the training room!!" Kurt yelled thankfully.

"Also I wanted to say sorry about Tabitha she isn't bad you know? She meant no harm" he explained excusing Tabitha's actions but I didn't reply.

I just crossed my arms stubbornly.

I don't even care anymore she wants to challenge me let her.

I am done playing games with Tabitha.

"Em.. are you guys going to the carnival tonight? The one the school organized to cover the cost of the repairs of the field that was destroyed a month ago by Lance," Scott explained and I rolled my eyes at the last part.

Go ahead blame Lance again Scott.

"Are you kidding me Dude? I am grounded remember! I can't go," Kurt groaned in distress.

"Don't worry I am not going either," I said not looking at them.

I don't like carnivals they remind me of my childhood.

"Why that?"Scott asked raising an eyebrow.

"I just don't want to," I said quickly Scott and Kurt shared a look but I ignored them.

"Anyways are you going with anyone?" Kurt asked Scott who stopped eating and stared at Jean who was laughing with Duncan.

I saw Scott's hurt expression.

"Doubtful" Scott said bitterly and turned back to us.

Me and Kurt looked at him sympathetically.

It kills me to see him like this.

"Hey! Hello Tabitha!" Kurt yelled from next to me and she approached.

She reached us and I ignored her I kept eating while I gave her the side-eye once or twice.

"Hey blue" she yelled loudly.

"Here is your social studies book right here thanks for letting me borrow it" she said placing Kurt's book on the table.

"Your welcome" Kurt answered softly and drank some of his juice.

"Wow! nectarine smash! I love this!" She said excitedly and grabbed the juice out of Kurt's hands.

My eyes widen and let my fork fall on the table.

Scott gave  me sign to relax but I only glared at Tabitha.

Kurt snatched the juice back and pointed at the soda machine.

"Soda machine is right down that corner" he said smirking and I relaxed seeing him stand up for himself.

"Stingy boy" she said and pinched his cheek one more time.

"See you around!" she said and walked away.

"Chick digs the fuzzy dude! Look she doodled all over my book! She even made a heart with our names in it!" He said excitedly as I looked at the cover of the book.

It wrote Boom-Boom all over it and at the middle it said wild blue yonder boy and above that a heart with there initials.

I rolled my eyes once again.

"Jeez, why doesn't that surprise me?" Scott said and I nodded in agreement.

"She is kinda funny you know," Kurt said with smile as he daydreamed.

"Tell me he isn't thinking what I am thinking his thinking," I told Scott and he had the same concerned look.

Could Kurt be falling for Tabitha?
Maybe he hit his head too hard.

"Yeah that funny that she almost killed you this morning" Scott said to Kurt sternly and I agreed.

I don't want to interfere in Kurt's personal life. I can't tell him not to have feelings for her.

None can control feelings.
Kurt isn't an idiot the opposite actually.

He is mature enough to know what he wants. He knows what's the best for himself. As long as his happy everything is gonna be okay.

"Just be careful" I said and they turned to me with wide eyes.

"You don't mind? I mean you don't like her at all but you have no problem with me liking her?" Kurt asked in surprise.

"You are my friend and I will support you in everything you do" I said softly and really meant what I said.

"Katzchen you are the best!" He shouted cheerfully and hugged me.

"Well now I feel like a third wheel" Scott said and we laughed.

"Not for long" said Kurt with a devilish smirk and jumped out of his sit.

He crashed into Scott and begun hugging but the chair fell backwards.

"Kurt! Whoa!" Scott yelled as they crashed to the floor and I burst out laughing.

"Oops" Kurt said and People around the cafeteria laughed.

I helped both of them up and pushed them out of the cafeteria.

"Scott please the next time be careful of what you ask" I said still laughing slightly.

"Do you think people will still remember this tomorrow?" Kurt asked us laughing awkwardly.

"Most likely" Scott answered with a sigh.

"Or we can ask professor to erase there memories" I offered jokingly but the thought triggered something inside of me.

For a minute just a minute I felt chill's all over my body but as suddenly as they came they left.

"That's actually not a bad idea" Scott said and finally laughed.

Author's note: I am truly sorry that it took me so long to publish the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528 9 39
FORMERLY "A STORY ABOUT GHOSTS" ___ Growing up with one brother in solitary confinement is difficult enough, but when that brother shows up back home...
8.6K 297 26
Book 1. A Kurt Wagner fanfiction. ~ The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers suff...
57K 1.2K 45
"i love who you are, don't change because other people say you look different. your difference is what makes you special," corinne dane was only fif...
363 9 3
Peter and Kitty are finally together and they are happy to be starting a relationship with each other. But with the lives that they live will they be...