Aerglo (Aemond Targaryen x Ma...

By tiavoldy

The Perzys entrusted their life to the Targaryen family as they left Valyria, before fire ravaged the region... More

aesthetics
soundtrack
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter One

4.6K 103 2
By tiavoldy

"The house of Perzys, just like a few others, managed to escape the fire that consumed Old Valyria. It has always been told that they were a respected and prominent house, but fewer than two people truly managed to flee from the cataclysm of an unspecified nature. Most believed that it was fire; by fire, they were made and by fire, they were consumed. The family almost saw their culture vanish. They watched as the Targaryens ascended to the throne of the Seven Realms and helped them do so.

They were placed in a castle on the northern side of the map, where old kings once resided. At first, it was incredibly unstable and precarious. But they rebuilt it to resemble their old palaces in Valyria, and the Targaryens moved to King's Landing.

Compared to the other families that came from Valyria with them, their eyes were not purple but red, all except one.

Aerglo Perzys, the third oldest son of Ser Maegor, rode a dragon of the purest black, with scales as thick as diamond, and the reddest eyes, which did not match perfectly because of a genetic trait. Some old sayings suggested that the boy was a bastard due to this trait, but Maegor would never accept it. He loved his wife and remained faithful until the day she died.

The day she died marked the beginning of Aerglo's problems because his father married a new wife who couldn't tolerate the boy's brilliance. She was an insufferable person, claiming that her family consisted only of her two daughters. Unfortunately, Aerglo could understand her situation, as she had been married to a 40-year-old man as soon as she started menstruating. So, at seventeen years old, he traveled to King's Landing, now just a few miles from the city walls, accompanied by his sister – a fifteen-year-old girl with an oval face, a slight chubbiness, high cheekbones, and a radiant smile.

She would accompany him in the search for a husband and his brother – a nineteen-year-old man with a strong jaw and hair that reached the middle of his back. He was considered the most handsome man in the realms but already had a wife for himself, who had come to settle matters with the king or his hand, depending on who assumed the Iron Throne.

"Zaldrītsos is upset," Nymeria, his sister, said, peering through the carriage window they were seated in. Four comfortable cushions were placed beneath them, although only three were inside. So, his sister was more than okay with reclining on two of them. The siblings could hear the people outside shouting in excitement as the dragons soared through the blue sky.

"He has been upset ever since he received that name," Maekar retorted. Zaldrītsos meant 'little dragon,' but he had grown so big that he could easily compare, if not surpass, Caraxes in size. Maekar gave a big smile to his sister, matching his handsome looks, even though his nightly activities while intoxicated could be a serious pain for the family patriarch.

It was often said that the Perzys family was a hateful bunch of people, but they were kind-hearted.

The house motto, embroidered in many places, read: 'The flame and hatred shall consume them all,' which had been something a bit more pleasant before they lost their power and were reduced to mere Ser status.

"He was little, so it's only fair that his name reflects it," Aerglo retorted, opening the carriage door. The newly made man hated riding horses; he much preferred flying with his dragon. However, their newfound status meant they couldn't appear in carriages, which was acceptable for commoners but sacrilege for nobles.

Maekar, right behind Aerglo, signaled to the guards, who quickly made space in the entourage of at least fifteen men. It was a symbol of strength that the Perzys family always sought to maintain.

They had earned their wealth by offering soldiers to both lesser and greater houses. Their city served as a training ground for the best soldiers they had, and their soldiers' loyalty elevated them to a powerful house. At least seventy percent of King's Landing's soldiers hailed from their lands.

"See you, Nym," Aerglo bid farewell to his sister with a smile, kissing her cheek. Maekar repeated the gesture, and the two brothers mounted their horses.

Like a powerful Valyrian family, they maintained their traditions, never failing to charm their people. They put all their power into being respected and loved, even through mere gestures or the two dragons flying above their heads.

The people, separated by soldiers who pushed to avoid disturbing the entourage, tried to catch a glimpse of the Perzys family, whether it was an attraction for women hoping to get married or an opportunity to voice their concerns.

"I missed the times when we didn't have to come here every year. They breed like rabbits, having children every single year. I'll miss these five years without seeing purple eyes. They just don't know where to put their dicks," Aerglo complained to his brother, putting a smile on Maekar's face. However, Maekar kept an eye out, making sure no one overheard his brother's words. As he did so, he smiled at the people who were cheering. King's Landing was filled with crows eager to speak their truths to their queen or king.

"You have five brothers, Aerglo, and at least ten cousins. The blood of the dragon never fails to run hot. You should find a woman to occupy your desires and stop complaining before our father finds someone without the necessary attributes for you," Maekar advised his brother as they waited for the palace gates to open.

Massive curtain walls surrounded the castle, complete with nests and crenellations for archers. Thick stone parapets, some four feet high, protected the outer edge of the wall ramparts, where traitors' heads were traditionally displayed on iron spikes between the crenels at the gatehouse. The walls featured grand bronze gates and portcullises, with narrow postern doors nearby. The castle also boasted imposing cornerforts and a cobblestone square in front of the immense barbican.

"I am not here just because Lady Maella asked, but because Father ordered me to find someone to marry. Otherwise, I would be marrying Liza," Aerglo admitted to his brother, who almost choked on his laughter. Lady Liza was something out of this world, and not in a good way. They rode to the center of the courtyard, watching as the gates closed behind the last of their entourage. When he shifted his gaze forward, he could see the castle they had traveled for almost a month to see and three figures along with their protectors. One of them wasn't as insufferable; Aerglo could manage to talk to Aegon when he hadn't consumed ten glasses of wine. Aegon's eyes were deeper than the dragon pit, and Aerglo swore he could already smell the alcohol on him. Aegon stood a bit further from the castle's entrance and stairs.

"Aegon," Aerglo's brother greeted the less insufferable one with open arms, ready for a hug, after dismounting from his ride. Maekar wasn't so different from the oldest Targaryen; they shared the same hobbies, getting quite drunk and being involved with common companions, just as much as riding their dragons.

The youngest Perzys, still mounted on his horse, looked up at the sky, attempting to locate their dragons. He recognized the blue dragon of Maekar and the black dragon of Aerglo. His sister's egg hadn't hatched, but she always claimed she didn't care much and preferred more ladylike pursuits, with dragon riding not being one of them. Their dragons were already flying along the familiar path to the dragon pit. After spotting them, Aerglo dismounted his horse and made his way to the carriage, where his sister was disembarking, assisted by the Maester. She was wearing a yellow dress, adorned with the colors of their house, with a hint of black at her waist.

"Nym." The younger man put his arm through his sister's, dismissing the Maester's assistance. He glanced at the king's three oldest children and clicked his tongue. "Quite a reception." He nudged his sister. He was at least expecting a handshake of the king; after all, his brother was next in line to succeed Maegor, and it wouldn't be long. His sister playfully slapped him, and it was met with laughter from Aerglo.

Once they were free from the guards who had been escorting them, Aerglo found a place next to Maekar, who was in the midst of kissing Princess Helaena's hand. Aerglo spotted the other imposing figure of Criston Cole, who harbored animosity toward the boy due to their shared time alongside the sons of the heir, Princess Rhaenyra.

Aerglo released Nymeria's arm when they stood before the royal family. The boy didn't go to the extent of offering a grand welcome like his brother. Instead, he offered a noble and courteous salute, leaning his torso almost perpendicular to the ground.

"Prince Aegon, Prince Aemond, Princess Helena," he greeted them, offering a warm smile. To Aerglo, Helena was the most precious figure in the family, not counting Luke, whom he simply adored. The girl reciprocated his smile with an enthusiastic one and quickly went to greet her sister with a hug, preventing her from greeting the other princes. She grabbed her sister's hand and hurried them both into the castle. Aemond acknowledged him with a slight nod of his head.

Aerglo couldn't help but smile at the scene, and Aegon also took notice.

"I can share my wife if you want," Aegon quipped, casting an eye over the young man's figure. Maekar burst into laughter beside him.

A/N

deeply sorry if have any grammar mistakes. english isn't my first language

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.5K 44
Rhaegar Targaryen is the only son of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, Heir to the Iron Throne, but many don't wish him to lead even his father has his d...
44.4K 1.6K 19
༆᯾𑁍 π…πšπ₯𝐬𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐬 "To that bloodshed, crimson clover. The worst was over. My hand was the one you reached for All throughout the...
13.1K 766 56
SEQUEL TO BURN ME Eighteen years after the dance of dragons... Aemond and Rhaella Targaryen sired five children. Their first sons death came far too...
2.5K 67 9
If Aemma and her family lingered - if her grandsire's death didn't come as second knowledge to them and the greens were allies, things would be diffe...