Blurred

By JoniiG

Loosing your memory at the age of six, can also mean loosing a crucial part of your life. Y/n has to come fac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 25

108 2 1
By JoniiG

You were silent the whole time Katsuki guided you towards the waiting room back inside the stadium. What exactly were you supposed to say, anyways? Your brain was still trying to process what you had heard from Medea earlier.

You were just sitting on the chair, staring at the floor, with Katsuki across you. He could barely see your eyes. He has never seen you like this. So empty. So full of thoughts, that you weren't acknowledging his presence in the room.

He's not sure what to do or say to you. He doesn't even know what it is you're feeling or thinking. He's just sitting there with you because he thinks that's the least he can do for you.

Damn it. The more he sees your sadness the angrier he gets. He hates seeing you like this; every second of it.

"We should go," You almost whispered. "We need to eat something to get some energy before the next round."

"Bird brain-"

"Let's just not talk about it," You basically begged him with your eyes. "I can't deal with this right now."

"Okay."

You walked in silence again till you got into the school's cafeteria.

You said you didn't want to talk but your mind couldn't stop thinking about it. You tried your best not to look too gloomy while waiting in line to get your food, so you could avoid questions from anyone.

Katsuki normally sits across from you but this time he decides to sit next to you. It surprised you and it showed on your face.

"What?" and it seems like he noticed too.

"You...You're sitting next to me."

"I'm aware."

"You never get this close to me."

He moved just a little. "I can leave-"

"No," you grabbed his arm. "Don't...Don't go."

You shared a few seconds of silence looking into each other's eyes before he closed his and let out a small chuckle. "Idiot. Of course I won't."

You let go of his arm and he kept eating. You got some rice with a salad since you weren't that hungry but you weren't eating either.

"Eat," Of course he noticed. "You were the one who said we had to get some energy. Didn't take you for someone who likes salands, though."

"What is that supposed to mean?" You turned to him faster than you have ever had.

"Nothing. Eat."

"Are you implying I don't eat healthy food?" You said, resting your hand on your chest acting offended.

"No."

"Lair."

Wait. Is Katsuki...teasing you?

Since when does this happen? He never makes any comments about anything because he doesn't want to deal with anyone and get pissed off.

Unless...He's trying to get you out of your thoughts. Distract you.

In that case, he's doing a good job.

He gave you a side glance and gestured with a nod to keep eating.

"Thank you." You said with a warm smile.

***

The last round for the festival is a one-on-one battle.

The first two rounds have always been different every year but there is always a one-on-one competition and you were excited for it. Something that helps you avoid thinking about Medea and your dad, which is probably sitting somewhere among the people in the colosseum watching you and you had just realized that.

Glaring at the audience you took a deep breath and decided that you should stop thinking about it and focus.

"Oi," Katsuki hit you with his elbow. "This is the last round, don't get distracted."

You smiled and nodded.

"Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket," Midnight said, holding the box with the lots. "Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. Now, from the first place team-"

"Um, excuse me!" Ojiro interrupted her. "I'm withdrawing."

Sorry but what just happened?

"Ojiro, why?" Izuku asked.

"Yeah, this is a chance for the pros to see you," You said, resting your hand on his shoulder. "A rare chance, actually."

"I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until almost the end."

"You...You don't remember?" You asked him.

Is this Medea's doing? But what would she gain from erasing Ojiro's memory? Literally nothing.

No, it can't be her. She is already risking a lot by just coming here; why would she get involved with the students, especially when there are a ton of pro heroes surrounding the whole colosseum?

"I think it was that guy's quirk." The purple hedgehog? That dude probably pissed you off more than Katsuki and that says something.

"I know this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it but everyone here competed by giving their all! I can't...I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened."

Damn it. He can't possibly have the same quirk as Medea, so what kind of power does this guy possess?

Apparently Ojiro is not the only one withdrawing because of him. Someone from class B gave up as well for the same reason.

"Your withdrawal is accepted!" Huh. You didn't expect her to accept it, if you were honest. "In that case, we'll have to move up two people from the fifth place cavalry battle team. To make sixteen, though, two people from the fifth place cavalry battle game have to move up! Now, this is the bracket based on the results of the drawing!"

The contestant's names were shown on the screen. 'Let's see...'

You and Kaminari? That'll be interesting. Though, the person you wanted to go head on with was that purple freak who is fighting Izuku instead.

"Huh?" You heard Katsuki next to you. "Uraraka?"

You checked the screen one more time before answering to make sure and, unfortunately, the poor girl is going to be fighting Katsuki. Speaking of, you heard her squeak from fear–you don't blame her–behind him. You approached her, squeezing her shoulder just a little.

"Do your best, Uraraka." You tried encouraging her with a smile.

"Izuku," the boy turned to face you. "You were great."

"Thanks, Y/n," he said, scratching the back of his neck. "You were great, as well! I would never think of something so clever as to keep some feathers out of everyone's point of view and then catch them off guard!"

"Ah, you saw that, huh?"

"Of course, I did!"

"Alright! Let's start the recreational games!" Present Mic said.

"Yeah, I'm not participating in this one." you said, raising your hands up and walking towards the exit. "I'll go grab a drink, you coming?"

"I'll meet you in the waiting room. Ojiro wanted to talk to me."

"Okay, see ya! Uh, are

coming?" You asked Katsuki who didn't even bother to answer; just walk with you inside.You started searching for a vending machine to get drinks for both of you but what you didn't expect was to come face to face with your parents.

"You two are the last thing I need right now." You said with a cold look in your eyes. What you heard earlier is something you didn't want to affect you, at least until it was time for your match, and that includes not having to deal with your parents. "Move."

"I know you heard me talkin-"

"Move."

"Y/n, just let me-"

"I said, move!"

They decided to listen to you and step out of your way. After you disappeared from their sight, you started running with eyes full of tears, trying to find the waiting room. Katsuki was behind you yelling at you to slow down and wait but you didn't pay attention.

You entered the room and fell down on your knees as soon as you got in. You were sobbing at this point because of all the frustration you let out just by yelling three words.

"I HATE IT!" you let everything out. "I HATE THEM, I HATE HER, I HATE MY LIFE, I HATE EVERYTHING!"

Katsuki closed the door behind you and tried to get you back up but you refused to.

"Is everything I know a lie!?" you shouted. He's trying really hard to think of something to say but nothing comes to mind. He's not the best at comforting people– Actually he's never done that. He doesn't know how to. Emotions are something he doesn't always get and it's hard for him to deal with them. "Do I even have a brother!?"

"Yes you do," Katsuki said. "Your parents confirmed that, you idiot."

"Why should I even trust them, at this point!?"

Katsuki's chest felt an unusual pain. Maybe it's because he is getting angry at himself for not being able to do something for you at the moment. But he wants to do something. He can't stand seeing you like this. So heartbroken, in such pain, feeling like you have no one when-

When you have him at the very least. You have that nerd, too. You have your friends from your class.

"What was dad even doing with her!?" You kept yelling.

"Don't know." He bit.

"What if Medea is manipulating them as well!? Maybe what they know is also a lie or maybe-"

"Bird brain," he shook you by grabbing your shoulders. He decided to try to calm you down and the only way is to actually say

. You looked at him with red and watery eyes. "I don't know what your father was doing with her," Like he doesn't hate him enough. "But from what I can tell, that chick just likes toying with people's minds. So, don't believe shit from her until you find the truth from a reliable source, got it?"

"She might be the only source I have left," You said, as your voice cracked. "Yet I can't trust her. I can't trust anyone. I hate everything."

"You hate me, too?" You stared at his eyes in silence. "What happens when you become a pro? Are you going to hate your life then?"

"No..."

"Exactly. You're letting her get to you," He was so close to your face you could even feel his breath on your cheek. "If you keep getting depressed for every little detail you learn about yourself, then there is no point in learning it at all. Accept it and move on because I'm getting sick and tired of seeing you suffering like this and it's always me who has to see it and it fucking annoys me."

"Then leave," You said without thinking. If it annoys him so much then he can just go and leave you alone in your misery. "I don't need you pitying me." You tried pushing his arms away to leave the room but he wouldn't even budge.

"I'm not pitying you, damn it! I'm trying to help but you just won't listen to me!"

He wasn't sure whether you couldn't understand or didn't want to, at this point. He's had it, though. Seeing you out there fighting for something other than your past was something that made him happy.

Because in that arena, you were fighting for your future. You were fighting for the only goal you should be fighting for; to become a hero. To become stronger.

The look on your face...You were so determined to get those stupid points from Deku and even more from that blonde freak of class 1-B. Everyone was too focused to notice him staring at you at that moment.

He couldn't help it.

"Katsuki-"

"Do you have any idea how you look when you smile!?"

He is only now starting to kind of understand what he's feeling, even though...

"Wh-What does that have to do with-"

"Do you have any idea how you look when you fight!? When you talk with your friends, when you talk with me, when you just live your current life without a care in the world about your past!? Do you fucking know how happy I was back there when you took those god damn points from that jackass from class 1-B!? Not for the points but for you! You were fighting to win! You were fighting for yourself to get to the top!"

He will never admit it. Never say it.

"Why are you so focused on what happened to you when you were a child? We were six. We barely remember anything before that age." He cupped your cheek, slowly leaned closer to your face, "I get it, you have to know, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the present. Because you'll lose your future." and intertwined his lips with yours.

But words are overrated when actions speak louder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 11.7K 57
Death. You are dead. At least, you thought you were, or did you? You couldn't remember. In fact, you couldn't remember anything about your life, disp...
16.2K 390 54
Co-writer: @Banunu ~Warm blood trickled down her shoulder while shielding him. There were spots onto the ground. Head hanging low from the recoil of...
376 3 29
What happens when Y/N, a naive girl with overpowered quirks, escapes her prison and meets Dabi? A new way of life, character growth, and love. Hawks...
390K 14.8K 53
"The world never helped me so why should I help it?" Your entire life has revolved around one thing: Phoenix. No matter how hard you tried, that word...