Mystic Dark Veil

By helen__maze

In a world of magic, intrigue, and unexpected twists, follow the captivating journey of the Death Queen. Afte... More

Situation around me
Orginal Story
The traitor
Scumbag Prince
The servants
In the Shadows of Deception
Betrayal's Resurgence
Found the traitor
Whispers of Deception: Unveiling Shadows at the Auction
"The Enigmatic Auction: Treasures, Potions, and the Trade of Souls"
Controlling the Untamable
Lusav- Bond
Empowered Helen Trains Lusav
Foxin's Secret Business
Black magic and evil beast
Helen's mall in novel
Brake's interest in mall
Palace invitation?
father ~daughter
Reports
Jannat being spied
Fearless Lady Defeats Assassins
The Deadly Game.
The curse
Unraveling Helen's Unexpected Smile
A Clash of Affections
Deception Unveiled
Duke Proposes Annulment
Reason for annulment
Helen and Clivat -Friends
Helen's doubts
Enter Magic Forest
Etlanta Family ;New Foxins
Star gazing - warning from duke
Renovation and sudden attack
Helen's first hunt
Captivating killing beauty
I will find you
Worst Enemy
A spy at the border
An abandoned weapon shop
old lady's daughter !
Unknown language and magicians
Ruperson magicians ?
First revenge on pervert
Revenge on 'The Baker'
A disguise in dress
The carriage man's story
Plans with Howard
Mr. Samson
Meeting Jeffery
I didn't feel like slicing thumbs.
Back to Helen from Jennifer
The last meal
Helen returns to Lusav
Punishing the arrogant maid
A contract formed
A new world before me
Magic Books: Dangerous Desires
A growing loyalty or obsession?
A future Ally or threat?
Lusav's true identity
A fragrant tea party
Congratulate the mistress?
Family downfall!
Marquesses Selgae!
A peaceful ride with him.
Synced heartbeats
A stir of emotions
A family dinner or a memory of mother?
Palace Infiltration
Enchanting garden encounter
Jannat is back
Training spot

Travel into novel

1.6K 40 2
By helen__maze

I am the most wanted criminal, known as Death Queen, the god of assassination. My strength is unparalleled, capable of eliminating armies of 80 well-equipped soldiers with ease. But it is not only my formidable combat skills that make countries desperate to capture me. My expertise in poisons, disguises, theft, weapon creation, bombs, and knowledge of top-secret information instilled fear in those who crossed my path. No amount of bounties or treasures offered could bring me down. No one dared to challenge me, for my bloodshot ruby eyes struck fear into their hearts. They called me the Albino Snake with Red Eyes and Silver Hair, or the Cunning Fox. Killing, poisoning, and stealing were second nature to me, skills I learned as an orphan surviving in a merciless world. The world that abandoned me never deserved my sympathy or mercy. Humans, in their selfishness, cared only for their families or personal desires. Growing up as an orphan, I never experienced love or human warmth. So, why should I waste my affections on these selfish beings? I embraced being a snake or a fox to others because my only goal in this life was to survive, amass wealth, never bow to anyone, and live like a queen.

As Death Queen, my striking red eyes, capable of sending chills down anyone's spine, and my silver hair concealed beneath a black assassin suit and a fox mask, I roamed the world, stealing the most precious jewels and dispatching cruel authorities. I killed ruthlessly, devoid of any guilt. Why should I feel remorse for punishing these wretched humans, who were the cause of endless sorrow for many families? I never aspired to be revered or seen as holy; I knew that to others, I was nothing more than a deranged killer. But their opinions held no significance to me.

To countries, I was a dangerous criminal, a formidable threat to their leaders and economies. Their repeated failures in capturing me led them to unite and concoct a plan to bring me in, dead or alive. Meetings were held, and discussions took place. And then, one day, one of my assistants informed me about a famous ancient sapphire known as the "Star of Adam." In the modern world, ancient magic was dismissed as myth, but to me, it held a unique allure. The news of this precious gem in the possession of country Z captivated me. I decided to steal it.

Country Z had taken extreme precautions to secure the sapphire. The museum housing the "Star of Adam" was located in a desolate area, devoid of any residential regions within a 5km radius. It was a cold winter night when I made my move. I was determined to claim this renowned jewel for myself, to admire it and make it mine. The owner of a national treasure was a fascinating and worthy target for me. No security agency had the ability to protect their treasures from me.

I infiltrated the museum effortlessly, bypassing all the security measures, and laid my hands on the precious sapphire. Its beauty was mesmerizing, adorned with a special radiance. But as I admired its splendor, I noticed a piece of paper placed on a table next to the display. Curiosity compelled me to read its contents: "Death Queen, you have finally fallen into our trap. Farewell from this world. The united nations have decided to bomb this city in order to eliminate you, a growing threat to our nations. We thank you for placing your trust in your assistant, who is one of our men. In your next life, either live well or beware of traitors."

I became acutely aware of the trap that had ensnared me. My hope for escaping the clutches of the nations that sought to bomb an entire city just to eliminate me dwindled.

*BOOM*

The sound of an explosion reverberated through the air, followed by a series of subsequent blasts. Clutching the sapphire tightly in my hand, I hurried toward the entrance, only to find the doors locked.

*blast*

A fireball erupted before my eyes, engulfing me in its searing heat. The warmth, an unfamiliar sensation, permeated through my body. But instead of agony, the burning sensation gradually subsided, replaced by an otherworldly calmness.

As the brightness of the flames waned, darkness slowly consumed me.

*Rattling*...

"Someone call a doctor, hurry up!"

"Young miss, young miss, can you hear me?"

I struggled to lift my heavy eyelids, gradually opening my eyes to behold a young girl in her late teens standing beside me. Her face bore a worried expression, her voice soft yet burdened.

Amidst the cacophony, I wondered why it was so noisy in this place. Had I truly descended into hell after my demise?

Gradually, my blurry vision cleared, and my senses returned. I found myself lying in a bed, my body weighed down by an overwhelming heaviness. The room exuded opulence, with chandeliers adorned with jewels hanging from the ceiling. The dress I wore, adorned with lace and jewels, felt cumbersome—a stark contrast to my previous existence as an agile assassin.

As I pondered the perplexing circumstances I found myself in, a gentle hand began patting me.

"Young miss, Miss, can you hear me? Are you alright?" the young girl inquired, her expression one of worry and fear.

Her voice, though loud, pierced through the ringing in my ears. "Stop shouting. I am not dead. Fetch me a mirror first," I demanded. I needed to see my reflection, to ascertain whether I now bore the visage of a charred corpse on a deathbed or if some miracle had transpired. The absence of pain or burning sensations only deepened my confusion.

As the mirror was brought before me, I gazed upon an unfamiliar face. The girl appeared to be in her late teens, with eyes that resembled mine—ruby red, but unlike mine, they radiated with a brilliant gleam. In those scarlet orbs, I detected a glimmer of hope, a stark contrast to the desolate, bloodshot eyes that had been my only memory. How could someone's eyes shine so brightly?

Her hair, silver with delicate blue highlights, cascaded like ethereal feathers. As I ran my fingers through its silky strands, I marveled at its cloud-like softness. My skin, once callous and weathered, had transformed into a velvety softness akin to rose petals. A slender nose and rosy lips adorned my countenance, while blushed cheeks complemented my pale, porcelain complexion. Long silver eyelashes accentuated my red eyes, and a well-defined jawline completed the picture. My slender body, fragile as the morning dew, seemed as if it could shatter with the slightest touch.

While I familiarized myself with this stunning, unfamiliar face, the door swung open.

"My darling baby... *sobs*... My baby, what has happened? I heard that you woke up. Daddy missed you so terribly when you fainted for two days. Daddy was so scared that I would lose you too," a man rushed into my room, his tears flowing freely as he spoke.

He possessed an air of nobility, standing tall at six feet with a sturdy figure. Despite his friendly expression, there was a certain coldness etched onto his face, a demeanor he was accustomed to wearing. I surmised that this man must be my father.

"Helena, my baby, why are you so quiet? What happened to you?" he asked, concern etched across his face.

"Helena? What is my full name?" I inquired in response.

"Helenaaaa, my child, what happened? Have you forgotten everything? You are Helen Robert Mackil, the only heir to the Mackil Dukedom," he answered, his face filled with worry.

"Whaaatttttttt!!!!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my shock. The words slipped out of my mouth without a second thought.

"Helen Mackil, the villainess from the novel I read?" I blurted out, astonished by the revelation.

"Baby! What are you saying? Villainess?" the man asked, his face a mask of concern.

"Are you truly Mr. Mackil, one of the three dukes who rule over the empire's trade centers?" I stared straight into his eyes, seeking confirmation.

"Yes, yes, your father is a great duke. Haha, hahaha, hahaha," he laughed proudly.

Could it be true? Was I really trapped within the pages of the novel I had read before my untimely demise? And to make matters worse, I found myself cast as the villainess—the embodiment of evil. It felt utterly absurd.

Helen, the death queen, now branded as a "villainess."

I couldn't help but exclaim in frustration, "What utter nonsense!"

In that moment, I struggled to reconcile the disparity between the memories of my past life and the reality that unfolded before me. Little did I know that this revelation marked the beginning of an extraordinary journey, one that would challenge my perceptions, unravel the mysteries of my existence, and perhaps even rewrite the fate I had been assigned within the confines of this novel's cruel narrative.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 531 50
A college student majoring in Finance met a tragic end at the hands of a serial killer. Yet, her story took an unexpected turn when she woke up in th...
3.9K 389 49
Gifted to a monstrous prince and expected to fulfill his every whim, a nameless slave yearns for one thing above all else: her freedom. There may be...
394 39 16
He did a mistake. She never forgave him. He tried to win her back. She refused to acknowledge his presence. He loves her. She hates him. He wants her...
4 4 11
Summary • "In the realm of the supernatural, power is everything. Kadia a young and ambitious demon, will stop at nothing to claim her rightful place...