THE CRY OF SWAN SONG - sokeefe

By LoveBookwormGirl

Keefe has stood in the shadows way too long. After a talk with Ro Keefe knows he needs to confess. Sophie des... More

A/N :)
Chapter 1 Keefe POV
Chapter 2- Keefe
Chapter 3- Sophie POV
Chapter 4 -Biana POV
Chapter 5: Fitz POV
Chapter 6: Tam POV
Chapter 7: Keefe POV
Chapter 8 : Keefe POV
Chapter 9 : Sophie POV
Chapter 10 : Ashleigh POV
Chapter 11 : Linh POV
Chapter 12 : Biana POV
Chapter 13: Sophie POV
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
Chapter 14: Keefe POV
Chapter 15 : Biana POV
PLEASE READ QUICK
SPECIAL 1K ACE POV
Chapter 17 : Sophie POV
Chapter 18 : Keefe POV
Chapter 19 : Keefe POV
ANNOUNCEMENT
Not an update unfourtunately
Chapter 20 - Fitz POV
SPECIAL 2K CHAPTER 21
UPDATE STATS
Chapter 22 : Sophie POV
Chapter 24: Sophie POV
Chapter 25 : Ashleigh POV
Chapter 26 : Dex POV
Chapter 27: Sophie POV
Chapter 28 : ??? POV
Sorry y'all for the wait!
Chapter 29: Ace POV
SHOUTOUTS
STOP RIGHT NOW- OMG
Chapter 30 : Keefe POV
Chapter 31 : Dex POV
Chapter 32 : Keefe and Sophie POV
Chapter 33 : Keefe and Sophie Join POV
Chapter 34: Sophie POV
Chapter 35: Multiple POV
Chapter 36 : Sophie POV
Chapter 37 : Keefe POV
Chapter 38 : Sophie POV
Epilouge
Announcements And Dedications
thank you thank you thank you
Special 40K BONUS EPILOGUE

2K Special Dex : Chapter 23

912 9 94
By LoveBookwormGirl

A/N: Most requested chapter idea POV! 

I walked into the healing center and sat there studying it. All the colourful vials lining the wooden cabniets. Vials of old and new. I kept studying the shelves until Elwin came out and raised his eyebrows at me. 

"Dex, everyone went home. What are you still doing here buddy?".

My very comprehensive answer was a simple nod of my head and I looked away, continuing to study, so many colours to analyse. 

"Dex." Elwin repeated and sat next to me. "Look Sophie, she's gonna be alright." He gestured over to my unconcious cousin, sleeping peacefully on a cot in the healing center. And she was going to be all right, maybe some day. I dried a stupid tear that fell out of my eye. Stupid. 

Elwin patted me on the back and grimly pulled his lips into a grimace. 

"Hey, I know. This isn't easy for you and it isn't for me. But she'll pull through. Just like she always does."

If only he knew that I knew that, and that Sophie was the least of my problems. 

I nodded. It still hurt.

"Hey Dex, just- get some rest. Go home. It's getting late. And you have Foxfire soon." 

"Yeah. Ok." Mumbling a few incomprehensible words I walked out of the healing center and out the doors of Foxfire. And looking around I knew something felt wrong.

And then a loud crash came from somewhere beside me. Someone literally fell out of the sky. 

What?

I ran over to the foresty area where the events had occured. I scoured for clues and any signs of a person, potentially injured. I called out to Elwin hoping he was too leaving Foxfire and could hear me. Nope, no luck. I grunted and kept searching until I heard sounds of screams or sobbing or...I don t know okay! My footsteps were the only audible thing now. The screaming commenced. 

I ran to the sound hoping they weren't hurt or anything. I was pulled back by someone, but the person was unknown. They covered my mouth and I protested loudly trying to get Elwin's attention. He should be leaving Foxfire now right?

Great I was getting kidnapped. Just a normal day in the life of a Dizznee. 

That should be a human-reality show thingy! I would be the perfect toture subject for humiliation.

The unknown person made shushing attempts and smacked me over the head. I regained my posture and kept quiet, If they had a weapon. I should at least be cooperative. I kept still whilst they whispered. 

"Wait here!" It was a female. And she was acting as if she knew me. I thought Sophie went home. 

The female dressed in black creeped along the forest floor. OH COME ON! WHEN DID SOPHIE GET A DRAMATIC SPY GETTING-CHANGED SCENE! 

"Sophie!" I whispered loudly. "Come back!" 

The female shook her head and chuckled and kept walking. The walk had a certain swagger to it. 

Okay so not Sophie. She could barely walk without tripping over her own feet.

"Unknown #1! Get back here!" I corrected myself. 

But they were already gone. I bit my bottom lip nervously as my eyes darted around. My hair was getting thrown around in the wind. But not in a cool spy-attractive-cool-dude-kinda-like-keefe-way but in a of-course-this-is-happening-to-me-my-sticklike-figure-is-blowing-away-in-the-wind way.

I sighed and pushed my hair off my face. 

The female came running out and quickly grabbed my hand and she dragged me so called "stick-like figure" to the entrance of the forestry. The other unknown was nowhere to be seen. 

After we had stopped running. Thank god. I hadnt eaten much today and was already falling asleep. OH THATS WHY I HAVE A STICK LIKE FIGURE!

The female threw back her hood an quickly rummaged in her pocket. Unmistakably Ashleigh turned back to me and scowled.

"OOH PLOT TWIST! Miss evil is back and she's ready to kill unsuspecting Dex!" I said narrating deadpan. "Oh also! Why are you everywhere?!" I cried out. 

"Why are you-" She pointed to the forest "in there! It's dangerous!"

"Tell me who your working for and I'll tell you!" I said raising an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes and put her head in her hands. "Oh my god!" She mumbled. 

"Well? The neverseen?" I questioned. 

"Idiot!" She rummaged in her pocket and pulled out a familiar neck accessory. A Black Swan pendant.

"No!" I exclaimed in surprise. "Everyone thinks you work for the Neverseen!"

"Assumptions." She simply stated. 

"But-t! Why did you kidnap Sophie?" I stuttered out.

"Classified." She simply stated and her lips pulled tight. 

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. 

"Fine!" She exclaimed and she reached for my jacket. I pulled back instinctively. And she rolled her eyes, she reached into the hidden pocket I thought was hidden from everyone. It kept my secret things in it. My eyes widened, but she pulled out a small cube, looking like a dice of sorts. I obviously looked confused. But then my face released in recognition. 

"Suprise!" she exclaimed. "The Black Swan are tracking you!"

"Why?!" I cried out. "Why cant they leave us alone!" My face was red with anger. 

"We need you guys work collaboratively. It was a test to see how you react to emergency situations. But things have uh- escalated."

"Tell me about it." I grumbled thinking of Keefe.

"Why? What do you mean?"

"You tell me and I tell you?" I stated but it sounded more like a question. 

She sighed in defeat. "The Black Swan are having some- problems. We're losing agents to some mysterious source. Maybe the Neverseen, that's what Forkle thinks but I don't think so."

I raised my eyebrows. "So you're like an agent?" 

"Uh-later." She defended quickly. Hm. "Anyway I think that there is someone else. We have had numerous reports suggesting so but Forkle won't admit it. I'm worried." Her eyebrows creased in thought. Her eyes darted back to the forest where obviously someone moved. She obviously picked it up with her agent "spidey senses.". I hear you can get those. (WAIT- MARVEL FANBOY DEX IS SO CANON) "We have to go. Now". My eyes widened. I could hear it so it must be close. My hearing wasnt the best. 

She pulled out a amber sort of pathfinder and I squinted at it. It was reddish. I had never seen any pathfinder of that colour before. Weird. But the Black Swan tends to be. She groaned and started cursing. 

"No. No." She smacked her forehead.  "Wrong pathfinder." 

My eyes widened as the sound got closer. "Just use it!" I whispered screamed and grabbed it nearly raising it to the fading light. 

"NO!" She screamed and the whole forest went quiet. "No Dex. We cannot go there." She shivered visibly and went back to rummaging. Her panicked expression got more concerning by the second. 

"Make a run for it." She whispered. "I'll stay back. I need you to get Sophie, Tam, Linh, Fitz, Biana and Keefe and meet me at Havenfield. If i'm not back in an hour use this." She handed me a purplish-bluish crystal which again, I had never seen before. 

"Ashlei-" Trying to tell her about Keefe. 

"Go! The crystal will make sense soon. If I do get back I'll take you there myself. Don't use it within the next hour. I'm trusting you!" 

I slowly jogged away but just in time to see something step out of the bushes and a scream. I really hope it was like some animal getting frightened and not the sound of a now corpse. 

There was an emergency crystal in Foxfire to go to anywhere you needed to go if you put in the right digits. It was a less developed crystal before the new one had been developed around 50 years ago. But it was kept for emergency use. 

I ran to the glass doors of Foxfire and slammed my hand onto them and tapping aggressively trying to get elwin's attention. I could feel someone approach from behind me. I didnt have to look back to see the black cloak and the embroided white eye stand out on the cloak. Neverseen. I banged aggressively on the door yelling for Elwin. 

"ELWIN!" I yelled out. And I turned around to see a black figure approach. The moonlight reflecting of the persons jet black hair. 

"Dex Dizznee. I see your time has come to an end huh?". I trembled in fear and my voice wavered as I said boldly. 

"You won't get the better of me." I trembled again. 

The figure chuckled. "Did you know all of you in the Black Swan are missing something important?" 

I lifted my chin in protest. And my hands stopped shaking momentarily. "No. You. are the one missing something. Morality. And if I die trying to defend morality-" I paused thinking of my siblings and my parents. 

Of Sophie sitting with me and watching human movies. Even though she didnt have to.

Of Keefe and I laughing and making pranking elixirs. Even though he was popular and I was a freak to everyone else. 

Of Tam even despite our differences he still defended me. 

Of Linh and her sweet nature. And her optimisism.

Of Fitz, despite his verbal difficulties with his anger, he was still a good guy.

Of Marella. One of the only girls who could get me, and understand what I go through.

Of Grady and Edaline. Treating me like a son, even though they were prestigous lords and ladies and my family were nobodies. 

Of Jolie, because-

Jolie. 

Black hair

My eyes widened. 

"Jolie." I whispered, something like a hiss.

She threw back her hood and laughed. 

"Wow. Dex. You really are smart! I underestimated you! But I guess my own cousin would know me!" 

"You. Are. Not. My. Cousin. Sophie is. Not you." I spat.

She seemed physically struck by the words. Good. 

"The Neverseen? Really?" I questioned.

"Not quite." She sneered through narrow eyes. I comprehended her answer in my head.

"I cant believe I even thought of mourning you." I laughed a dark laugh. "You are not my cousin. Not if your involved with the people that kidnapped me. Caused my family pain, emotional pain. FOR WEEKS!" I screammed at her. While she silently stood there. "The people who killed people I loved. Forkle, Calla, Kenric-" 

She started lifting her chin. "And you havent hurt me? I had to give up everything to take this path-"

"NO JOLIE. NO!" I screamed at her covering my ears. "STOP TRYING MAKE THIS OKAY. Your parents and my parents actually mourned you. They loved you. They LOVED you so much. And you ruined it." I said visibly shaking. 

Something in her snapped. "No one loved me." She stepped towards me and she looked at me through diluted eyes. "Too bad I have to kill you." She laughed and stared at me unblinkingly. 

"Cousin." She whispered. 

And that's when I realised the colour of her tired and cold eyes.

Green.

And then her blood soaked knife slashed toward my throat. 

A/N: IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SO SORRY

PLEASE DEX FANGIRLS DONT KILL ME-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 4.5K 29
Sophie Foster is a normal teenager in San Francisco, and she is in college with her best friends, Biana and Fitz Vacker and Dex Diznee. Everything in...
641K 8.7K 35
from the first to the last and all the ones in between. (a series of semi-related one-shots. now including art!)
93.3K 1.1K 9
Team Foster-Keefe for the win! Some romantic oneshots for your single souls. Some angst, some fluff, but I think they're all pretty cute. Edit: I mad...
115K 1.7K 54
2/14/22: #1 in sokeefe!! Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Sophie couldn't seem to get the words out of her head. ~~~~ "You never know how much...