just for you || rui x reader...

By ffeymi_jel

"How could you...do that?" he chuckled at the futile question. "To fulfill your wish," he said it nonchalantl... More

(Prelude)
01: A Tale of Fantasy
02: Fantasy is Not Real
03: Fate's Frustrating Game
04: A Confused I
05: Hope?
06: Experiment
07: The Rain
08.5: Blurring
(a/n) a promise from me to you
09: Sleep
10: Tangled Up
11: Selfish
12: Dad
13: Rehab, and My Will
14: Finale (a)
15: Finale (b)
16: Finale (c)
(Afterword 1)
(Afterword 2)
(Side Story 1)
Thank You
Acknowledgements

08: Condition

1.2K 55 87
By ffeymi_jel

The concept of time blurred increasingly as I started wondering what my purpose here even was.

Was it to change the plot?
To follow it, or to simply survive?

And why was it that I kept mixed up with that purple haired idiot... Those strange voices, too.

So many question marks...

I saw a glimpse of purple in the corner of my eye as I walked out the classroom.

Damnit. Not now.

Instinctively, I held my phone up and dialed the first person on my messages. "...Hi-hi, Y/N?"

I sighed in relief.

"Mizuki, do you wanna meet up and hang out a bit?" I tried avoiding eye contact with anyone in the halls and quickly walked towards the gate.

"Sure! I happen to be nearby, so let's meet at..."

* * *

We went to Karaoke. I didn't have a plan in mind, especially for the random kidnappers. Though, I knew I had to be on the way home by five.

Karaoke was neither especially fun nor boring, but there were far more pressing things to think about and there was no way I could genuinely have fun.

An hour passed, before I told Mizuki that I needed to head home.

I was about to start walking away, but I felt a touch on my shoulder. "Hey, Y/N? It seemed like something was on your mind the entire time earlier..." Mizuki's brows tilted upwards. "...But if you're worried about something, you can always talk to me about it!" the corners of her mouth lifted up.

A warm breeze blew past.

Ah, crap.

"...Mhm." I quickly gave a reply and ran ahead without turning my head.

I furiously wiped away the bothersome tears falling down my face.

Maybe next time today comes, I'll treasure my time with Mizuki a little more.

* * *

My eyes were slightly puffy and red, but I continued walking home. I could see the sky gradually darkening, as if it was going to rain.

In front, I saw a dark figure.

I couldn't make out who it was or what it was there for;

but it wasn't there before.

Conveniently, I was stood at where I stabbed myself prior to today.

The figure turned to me.

"...Have we met...before...?"

my words were covered in a layer of disbelief.

A long period of silence stretched out.

The kidnappers...

They weren't there.

Even though the sky was as dark as could be;

even though I was at the picture perfect spot.

So, why?

I couldn't understand.

I felt a lump in my throat.

God, I want to puke.

My heartbeat sped up.

Why was he here, in front of me?

As he took a step closer, I took one back.

But he was faster.

Then, his face became unbearably clear.

That unforgettable purple hair.

The cyan strike that went down the front of his fringe.

The earring he wore on his right ear.

"...Why..."

I took one step back.

"We've met."

He took a step closer.

"Why are you..."

I took another step back.

"We've met before, Y/N."

He was right in front of me.

My face turned flushed.

"So many times."

What...
Before I could get a hold of myself, my vision faded.

* * *

"...Hah..." I began panting. It felt like I had just ran a marathon and lied down on a bed.

Which bed? The one in my room, of course.

It was 6.45am.

July 16th, of course.

I held my head with both of my hands.

What the hell...

I didn't die, so why am I...?

...Fuck. I need to go.

The bus stop...

I need answers.

I got up and got ready hastily. My hair was more messy than usual, but I couldn't be bothered.

I had so many questions, but so little answers.

* * *

I forgot to bring an umbrella. I thought, but I was already on my way.

As accurately as a timed event, the sky quickly turned gray the closer I got to the bus stop. Panting furiously, I closed my eyes for a second.

The rain had already started.

Before I opened my eyes, I heard a damp footstep to my left.

"Tough luck, hmm?" he said, before I got a chance to look in his direction.

I turned to look at him straight. "...You remember everything, right? It all started with meeting you right here, so surely you have answers? I can't bear with this shit anymore--"

"Slow down. What are you even talking about?" his smirk faded and turned to a more concerned expression.

"And you're trying to play innocent now? Seriously? Don't tell me you somehow reverted back to July 16th default mode. What are you, a robot?" I began furiously saying whatever I thought of.

"What are you even...I don't know what problem you have with me, but today is the first time we've met..." he continued talking.

Hah.

I took out my last resort.

Looking at the pair of scissors in my hands, his eyes widened very slightly.

Gotcha.

"Alright then, it doesn't matter whether you remember the bullshit you did 'yesterday'. It'll all reset once you or I die, right? So, easy-peasy. I'll just keep stabbing myself until you remember!" I laughed.

Wow, I've sure gone insane.

He snatched the scissors out of my hands immediately.

"Stop it!"

"Why don't you stop the act first?!"

He didn't respond.

His expression switched to a more relaxed one.

"Well, glad you're still the same as always." he said, nonchalantly.

"Huh?!"

"...If you can survive the kidnappers for just one cycle, I'll tell you. Everything." he said, returning to the sly smirk he always keeps on his face.

He held up his hand.

"Ah, and please don't...stab yourself." he looked downwards, tone ever so slightly concerned.

Then, before I could react, a snap of his fingers made my vision fade away.

"See you." he said, right as my vision was about to fade.

His damned smirk was the last thing I remembered.

* * *

"...!"

Again. The exact same scene. 6.50am.

"Aghhhh....god damnit!!" I ruffled up my hair furiously.

- -
Chapter 8 END
1016 words

hey there! its ffey. hope you liked the chapter. it was actually alright to write this chapter, so i hope the motivation carries me through the (very little) rest of the chapters for this fic!

if you'd like an estimate, the story should be finished by chapter 12. no spoilers though!

thank you for 1k reads! I really, really appreciate it. and thank you so much to those who keep voting for these chapters!

love ya! and...
have a good one
-ffey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 599 18
good night ; y. amane x f. reader! ━━ ❝ fabricated love my dear ! ❞ &&. just your average , cliche , love story between two teenagers . yet as d...
23.5K 405 16
This fanfic book is for the readers that are tired of reading fanfictions where the reader is ALWAYS the bottom/Submissive one. ♡︎♡︎ I've written ka...
1.3K 31 13
One day, during your usual break, you meet a certain someone that ends up inviting you to his show....will that be the start of something?
3.9K 104 34
Tsukishima Kei x femreader Sometimes people online aren't how you think they'd be... Chatfic You created an account on a new social media app- a chat...