H.E.R. |d.e

By Maliyahwrites

Having everything revealed More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII

VII

2K 127 38
By Maliyahwrites

Sade comfortably rested against Kairo's headboard with her hair in a messy bun, sporting her glasses as she enjoyed the book that rested in her palms. She seemed to tune out the rap music Kairo had blasting through the bathroom as he grabbed his dirty hamper nodding his head to the beat. With a sigh Sade closed the book when the music now reached the bedroom once Kairo opened the connecting door. She eyed him as he separated the dirty clothes by lights, darks, and whites preparing to wash them before joining Sade back in bed for light conversation.

"You know Italy is still an option. You'll enjoy yourself freely" Kairo said looking down at Sade in hopes of seeing some reaction as he continued to add pressure on Italy.

Attempting to fix her lopsided bum she kept a tight lip smile "We'll talk about it" Her light voice filled the room her face remaining at a relaxed state.

Kairo let out a light chuckle fixing the pillow he was resting on "Are we not talking about it?"

Sade who wasn't too interested in going on a trip at his expense didn't want to discuss the matter any further. Sade liked having her own and she knew she would need months to plan such a far trip. She couldn't just up and go like Kairo wanted her too.

"I'm gonna use the restroom" Sade let out clearing her throat removing herself from his grasp

Kairo laid there not expecting her reaction, her continuous rejection would only make Kairo leave it as be. He wasn't in the business of begging, exiting the bed as well he knocked on the bathroom door and Sade opened it revealing her burning her Sage that she did every morning over the both of them as they left out for their day in the unpredictable world. With her hair now down and framing her face Kairo had the chance to admire her beauty even more. "Give me a solid reason on why and I'll drop it" Kairo bargained as he leaned his back against the sink

Sade who now stood in front of him taking in all the art work that covered his flesh continued to wave the Sage around in the air before setting it on the wooden stand it normally rested on "Did those hurt?"

He took a deep breath slightly annoyed with her deflecting "Nothing too bad. I kept going back" he said shrugging placing his hands on her slim waist where her navy blue tank top was rising.

"We can revisit Italy in a few months when I'm more financially stable" Sade let out as she relaxed into him

"Mocha it's my treat, no expense to you"

"I appreciate that, but you've already done enough for me. You've even opened your home up to me"

"I told you that was no problem just like Italy isn't" Kairo replied pecking Sade's lips lightly. With a smile across her face from his constant affection she felt torn. From what she experienced in past relationships and friendships nobody ever did anything to just be genuine it was always a catch.

"Okay but I have to pay you back"

Kairo simply nodded knowing he wasn't gonna take a single dime from her, but if this was the only way he would concede to her compromise. " I'll have everything figured out, did you want to go grab breakfast?"

"How about I cook us breakfast? And you can finally learn how to make something"

"You're always cooking for us"

Sade shrugged "I love your kitchen"

Kairo chuckled at her remark "What were you thinking?"

She grabbed his hand leading him out the bathroom and downstairs to the kitchen "Something light. French toast, grits and some fresh fruit" Sade listed out grabbing everything she needed

"No bacon?" He questioned grabbing some pans for her to use that were too high for her to reach

"I don't eat pork. But I can make you some if that's what you want"

"It's fine. Maybe I should practice healthy habits" He shrugged beginning to make two mimosas Sade watched as his muscles flexed as he used a sharp knife to slice a strawberry adding it to the glass for decoration.

" I will definitely be in support of that"

"I have somewhere nice I want to take you to, after we cleaned up"

Sade turned the dial on low before pouring the grits in the pot while stirring with a spoon slowly "And where would this place be?"

Kairo raised the glass signifying a toast causing Sade to interact in the motion as well "It's a surprise Mocha"

"I'm not a fan of surprises. The unknown"

"You'll learn to love them with me. Trust me"  he told her showcasing his smile that she found herself infatuated with

Sade simply nodded as she continued moving fluently around the spacious kitchen until she had completed the task of breakfast. The two held hands as Sade led the prayer after enjoying the dish with light conversations the two headed upstairs taking turns using the shower as they prepared for another date. While Sade waited she found perfect lighting on his beautiful balcony that was truly a sight to see in its self and decided to take a few photos.

"Damn you still got it" Sage mumbled as she looked at the few she took before continuing. Kairo stood on the other side of the glass with a black towel wrapped loosely around his waist and a black hand towel that he used to dry his head. At the sight of her outside he slid the glass door open.

"Enjoying the view?" Sade joked as she let her orbs rank his entire body before setting them back at his eyes

"Very much." Kairo openly admitted as she showed him the pictures, they were all beautiful but one caught his eye as he froze on that particular one "Bellissima"

"Thank you Kairo " She blushed as her cheeks heated up she was sure if she was of lighter complexion her face would be red as a tomato.

"Why'd you stop modeling? We talked about it briefly but I know your dad not supporting you can't be the only reason when you're taking photos like this"

Clearing her throat Sade shrugged "Just didn't work out" She let out now locking the phone so the photo was no longer on display.

"Did I say something wrong?" He questioned noticing her sudden actions that only showed signs of shutting down and retreating

Grabbing his hand she squeezed it "No, you're fine. Go get ready so we can head out" Sade smiled lightly leaning on the round high top table. Sade watched as he entered his home before sighing as she could vividly remember her ex forcing her on the couch ripping her clothes off as he stood over top of her with his camera as the flashes sounded off with each click.  Taking deep breaths Sade mentally counted to ten to calm herself down, she stayed outside enjoying the sun until he was ready to exit.

Hand in hand Kairo led the way to his truck opening the passenger side door for Sade as he held her hand to help her up. "Thank you" With a nod he closed her in before walking to the drivers side as he gave Bo the que that he was ready to pull off and to follow.

"Why do you have security?" Sade questioned as she looked out the window seeing the same black truck lurking in the shadows, but still keeping a close distance

With his hand resting on the steering wheel he glanced over at her seeing the innocence in her eyes "It comes with the territory"

"Which is?" She continued to pry

Kairo peaked over at her before focusing back on the road " Nothing you need to worry your pretty self about." Sade who knew when to let something go did just that as the car ride was slow due to a backup on the freeway, with music playing lowly the two vibed in silence. She let her eyes rank over the small building as the truck came to a halt,she could hear the melody of jazz music clearly as she stepped out quickly

"I was going to get the door" Kairo told her amused at her excitement

"I got excited" Sade responded as she let out a light laugh

Kairo shook his head slightly smirking knowing she would enjoy what he had set up. This time opening the door, Sade walked inside as his hand rested on her waist as he led them to a table that was already reserved. The white table cloth that was ironed to perfection covered the top with three different wine choices resting in a metal bucket filled with ice alongside two nine ounce wine glasses.

"You really know great wine" Sade took notice to the two red and one white. Kairo poured both glasses as the performers prepared for their set. She let her eyes rank over him as he looked nothing less than handsome "If I haven't told you already you look quite dapper"

He smirked as Sade rested her face on her palm staring up at him. Leaning down he kissed her lips twice before pulling away "Thank you Mocha"

Sade who was still in a daze from the light kisses he laid on her nodded her head in response "Do you know where we'll be staying in Italy?"

"I have an estate down there, in Milan to be exact" Kairo replied

Sade eyes bucked "The global capital of fashion and design!" She continued to gush as a model she knew plenty of designers that resided there and she could only dream of working with.

"Someone's done their research" He chuckled at her excitement

"You have no ideal. The fashion culture out there is undeniable."

"The architect is a sight to see as well" Kairo added thinking about the foundations of most homes

"I can only imagine. I know your home has to be breathtaking" Sade said taking a sip from her wine

"One of kind. There isn't another built like it in the entire country"

"How'd you pull that off?"

Kairo smirked "Lot's of money. Plus my grandparents have a lot of pull over there "

"Big people?"

He simply shrugged " You could say that. They make anything happen for their heir"

"Anything? Then why didn't grandma teach you how to cook?" She joked

Kairo laughed amused "Honestly, the way I was raised that's a woman's job"

Sade raised her eyebrow "As a grown up do you still feel that way?"

"Yes. I still believe a woman's place-"

"A woman's place?" Sade cut him off

Kairo cleared his throat not liking being interrupted which was a pet peeve of his "Yes. A woman's place. I mean no disrespect by it, bring a woman to a house and she's supposed to make it a home"

"Basically a housewife?"

"If my woman wanted to work I wouldn't protest, of course I would rather her not but if that's what she wanted I would accept it. I would still expect for house duties to be fulfilled"

"I can understand that. My mother put her life on hold to be a mother and a wife"

"You don't see yourself doing that?"

Sade shook her head no "I always felt like she regretted us, blamed us for putting her dreams on hold."

"You're already putting your dreams on hold who are you blaming for that?" Kairo asked already pointing out a similarity that Sade chose to ignore.

"I wouldn't say I'm putting them on hold, I'm just taking a minute to myself"

"Do you miss it?" He asked referring to her modeling.

"Everyday. But somethings get ruined and once that happens it's no need to go back" Sade knew she probably sounded harsh but that was her reality

"I'm not putting pressure on you. Just remember somethings deserve to be fixed. Now can I have a dance?" Kairo requested standing up extending his hand to a seating Sade. Smiling wide she placed her hand in his letting her feet follow as he pulled her close swaying them side to side as the man played the saxophone beautifully

"Thank you for this" She let out "I know you think it's no big deal but to someone like me it is."

Kairo nodded spinning her around as they continued to dance "Your welcome. You deserve to have joy" The two continued to move in sync fluently, he was surprising her as he kept up with his movements remaining clean and precise. Sade couldn't help but to let out a laugh as he dipped her back and she raised her leg for the dramatic effect. They stayed wrapped in each other's embrace for a few more songs before returning to their table.

Sade leaned into Kairo as the waiter placed their dishes in front of them which was grilled salmon with asparagus and garlic mash potatoes. Thanking her Kairo sent her on her way as they enjoyed their dinner then headed home. "Do you mind if we stop pass my place so I can grab some more clothes?" She asked as Kairo drove in the direction of his place

"Yeah, no problem" he replied making a U-turn

"I really enjoyed myself tonight. That salmon was cooked to perfection and the music! Love to my ears" She couldn't contain the burst of good energy that was just radiating off her.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. My father use to take me there. It was actually my first job, ironing them damn cloths"

"Really? That's a job I could not pass up on"

He scrunched up his face lightly "Really Sade? You would want to iron cloths all day?"

She shrugged "Surround by good music I'm sure the time goes by quickly. Plus I know there was an elder lady that use to give you snacks and make sure you were okay."

Kairo laughed at her statement being correct "Mrs.Betty, she use to make the best pound cake she would always sneak me two pieces"

"See! And her name was Betty so I know it was delicious" Sade giggled as they pulled into her neighborhood, stepping out Sade continued to laugh as he kissed at her neck playfully keeping a grip on her waist "Kairo relax!"

"Can't help it. You smell too good" he smirked but it soon fell flat when he felt Sade halt her walking causing him to bump right into her. Sade stared down at her feet as tears begin to fill her waterline, a single black rose rested on her doormat. She could faintly hear Kairo calling out to her but the shock that ran through her body blocked everything else out.
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 47.8K 41
Book 1
483K 16.9K 37
| Dave East x Jayda Cheaves | π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π‘”π‘œπ‘‘ π‘šπ‘’ π‘ π‘‘π‘’π‘π‘˜ 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ 𝑐𝑦𝑐𝑙𝑒, 𝐼 π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ 𝑏𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒 π‘Šπ‘’...
36.2K 1.6K 16
Book 2 of Her Skin
181K 6.2K 31
What happens when Tiffany finds Dave? Read to find out ! Part 2 coming soon