DETERMINED [KRISXREADER]

By sodashot

A story that takes place in the beginning of Deltarune. Just you and them, on a adventure. How romantic is th... More

[0] Here we are.
[2] A Dark World
[3] The BAD guy

[1] Faces

448 12 82
By sodashot

- Writers block is killing me (art above by me)

-
KRIS' POV

"See that?"

Kris?

"That's the 'Ursa Major' or whatever my dad called it."

Kris, sweetie are you awake?

"He said it was special cause it was a mix of other stars."

Kris wake up!

"Now that I think about it we're sort of like the moon and sun arent we?"

Kris it's time for school!

"Ah, that's just me being weird again."

KRIS.

"Hey Kris, I never thanked you for being by my side."

WAKE UP!

"You've always managed to cheer me up even if you barely spoke."

I- Kris.

"I can talk. Just you is fine.."

"You don't have to force yourself you know!"

"No, I want to talk to you."

"I- uh..."

"Thank you for being with me..."

"...Your welcome."

"KRIS!"

Kris jolted awake in their bed, rubbing their head a bit from the shock.

"Kris, if you do not wake up we will be late for school!"

Toriel walked up to the window, opening the curtains. Kris groaned as they forcefully took the blanket off themselves.

"I'll be waiting downstairs." Toriel warmly smiled at Kris before letting herself out of the room.

Kris got out of the bed with a little headache from the shock. What was that dream?

They didn't have time to think about that right now so maybe later.

Kris had the urge to inspect the room before going to school so they did.

Kris walked to their brother's side of the room.

They felt the wave of nostalgia filling in, you could see the CDS under the bed.

Their brother had quite the taste for music.

The game console they played on with Y/N was placed under the bed after the visit.

Kris couldn't help but wonder if Y/N would go to their school.

Oh well.

They walked out of their room as they stood in front of the mirror, inspecting it.

It's you.

'Wow it's like I never knew."

After going down stairs and flushing the toilet for an abnormally amount of times, they finally walked to the outside.

Toriel was waiting near the front door, the car was ready to go and all they needed was Kris to get in.

"Kris! There you are! We might still be able to make it." Toriel exclaimed as she opens the door to the drivers seat.

Kris started to walk to the car.

"Kris... It is a beautiful day today, is it not?" Toriel continued, Kris was already opening the door of the car.

"I hope it stays this way when ASRIEL visits next week." The car started up.

Kris felt their eyebrows furrowing. They clearly were excited but the mention of the name gives them sad memories.

"But I wonder..."

"After the excitement of university..."

"Will he still enjoy coming home to this little town...?"

The answer was most likely no but it doesn't hurt to have a your hopes up a little.

The car started to move. As the car drove, you could see the townspeople waving.

You wish you could wave back but the windows locked.

Though it surprised them to see a familiar human run from the outside.

"Mom! I'm going now!"

"You better not silly string the principal!"

"I won't! Promise!"

The car started to come to a stop as Y/N stood there dumbfounded.

Toriel's window roll down as she gives them a warm smile.

"Y/N it's nice to see you again!" Toriel happily exclaimed.

'Are we just here to greet them?'

"Ah- Hello Toriel." Y/N nervously greeted.

Kris adjusted themselves, they were assuming that Toriel would give them a ride.

"It seems that we are running late! Quickly get in!"

'Knew it.'

Y/N, with no questions asked. Swung open the door and threw themselves besides Kris.

It earned a chuckle from Kris as they stared at each other.

"Heya Kris." Y/N greeted with a smile.

"Hi." Kris greeted back with a small smile.

Kris just saw Y/N as practice when it came to socializing.

Why? No one knows they just think like that.

Y/N pulled out a paper from their bag as Kris looked at them curiously.

"This? It's my schedule for school, haha." Y/N elaborated as they held the paper to Kris.

Kris took the time to read the paper and gasped a little when they found out they had the same class.

''I wonder what everyone's reactions are going be.'

Kris giggled in their mind when they thought about Berdly annoying the living hell out of the other human just because he got Sonic Frontiers

"Ngghhhh.. I just hope I don't get bullied on my first day." Y/N groaned before sinking into their seat.

"I'm sure you won't. And if you do Kris could protect you!" Toriel retorted.

Since when was Kris a guardian angel?

"You better stop whoever's bullying me." Y/N muttered while punching the air, Kris chuckled as they gave them a thumbs up.

"You better not be lying, you'll probably run away before I scream out to you." Y/N grinned.

Kris let out a goofy laugh as they waved their hands around denying it.

"Yeahhh right..." Y/N drifted off.

The ride has came to a stop as everyone got out.

Toriel held both Y/N's and Kris' hand as she led them inside the school.

You stopped in the hallway as Toriel lets go of Y/N as she hugs you.

Y/N silently stared at the both of you with a warm smile on their face.

"Off you go now, I must go to my class. Good luck Y/N!" Toriel happily exclaimed as she walks to her classroom.

You stared at Y/N as they look at you with a toothy smile, you motion them to follow you.

You both stood in front of the door to the classroom, you could hear Y/N gulp.

"Oh boy..." Y/N muttered staring at the door.

You pat them on the shoulder and gave them a thumbs up.

"You'll beat up the person who bullies me?" Y/N asks jokingly but in a worried manner.

You held their hand and squeezed it lightly.

You nodded your head while chuckling as you slammed the door open.

"So does everyone have a partner?-"

SLAM!!

Everyone jumped in their seat as they quickly turn their heads to the humans in the doorway.

Y/N's grip on Kris' hand tightened, probably from the anxiety.

Kris turned their head to Y/N and gave them a reassuring smile.

Y/N smiled back as they stared at the class, Kris giving Alphys the pleading eyes, sort of.

"Oh... K-Kris...!" Alphys exclaimed.

"We thought you weren't coming today!" Kris shrugs.

"We're doing group projects this month!" Kris raised an eyebrow as Y/N groaned.

"O-Oh..? Who's that?" Alphys peeked over to your side.

You nudged Y/N as a whine come out of them.

"Do I have to...?" Y/N asked.

You nodded your head as you lightly pushed them forward, letting go.

"KRIS-! I- Uhhh..." Y/N was standing in front of the class now.

You stifled in a laugh, arm slowly rising to hold your stomach as the other one covers the mouth.

"Oh! It's you!" Alphys exclaimed.

"C-Class this is the new student, could you introduce y-yourself?" Y/N sighed.

"Guess it can't be helped." Y/N groaned as Kris silently giggles.

"Y/N L/N, I'm 15 (16 if you'd like) and I uh, hope we can be friends." They greeted themselves, smiling.

Everyone was in a state of shock right now as another human has taken foot into their school.

"Nice to meet you Y/N..! E-Everyone please be nice!" Toriel retorted happily.

"O-Oh.. And Kris!" Kris looked at them with a questioning look.

"You need a partner for the project- Oh! You could be w-with Y/N!" Toriel offered as Kris nodded their head.

Y/N then walked up to them, punching their arm lightly.

"Alright pardner' we gotta go sit down and do this damn project." Y/N grinned as Kris chuckles.

Kris gets a hold of Y/N's hand as they started to walk up to everybody, having some small talk.

They both finally sat down in their seats, uncomfortably far away from each other.

So about the proje-"

SLAM!!!

The door flies open, still intact somehow as the atmosphere become darker.

A purple monster stands in the doorway menacingly as the class start to shake in their seats.

It smells like good o'l chalk.

"H......"

"Hi 5u5ie....."

The monster walks forward.

"..Am I late..?" Her gruff voice spoke out.

You could hear Y/N in the back.

"The fuck..? Is that Barney..?"

You held back the urge to laugh, in a serious atmosphere they really shouldn't make jokes like that.

Susie glared at Y/N as they shrugged.

Alphys sighed.

"N-No you aren't..! You're fine! We were just- Uhh..." Alphys stumbled on her words.

"Ch-choosing for the next project! And.."

"Umm.. Susie your with Kris and Y/N" Alphys suddenly retorted out loud.

'Come on...'

"...."

"Great." Susie grunted.

...

The class was silent, you weren't liking this vibe very much.

"S-since everyone's here.. I'll write the assignment!" Alphys walks to her desk only to be greeted with a confused expression.

She looked around before staring at the entire class with a nervous expression.

"Uh.. H-has anyone seen the chalk..?"

(Note: don't eat chalk, It tastes like shit.)

"This is the third time it's gone missing. And..."

"Y-you all know I can't start class without some!" She sighed.

"H-how about this?" She spoke

"E-everyone gets in trouble!" Everyone groaned and sighed, some even whined.

Yet they all kept silent.

"A...Anyone..?
P...Please..?"

"Hey, there might be some in the supply closet..." Noelle mumbled out loud.

Noelle raises her head

"Miss Alphys why don't Susie and I..."

"G-good idea, Noelle! Susie since you came in last..." Alphys cuts Noelle off.

"Why don't you get it for me..?" Alphys had a hint of cockiness in their voice but kept the nervous tone.

Susie just stood there and sighed.

"...Whatever." She muttered as she left the room.

Y/N stood up as they raised their hand.

"Y-yes Y/N?"

"Miss Alphys, could I go check on her?" Y/N requested as everyone stared at them with shock.

"Are you sure..? Susie can get a bit,
aggressive..." Alphys drifted the last part.

"I'm sure I'll be fine, the city has caused quite the time in school for me." Y/N grinned slightly, Alphys seemed to like that as she smiles.

"A-alright but be careful.." Y/N proceeds to the door as she stands in the doorway.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Y/N chuckled as the class was slowly filled with laughter. Kris also seemed to giggle from their snazziness.

Kris' smile began to falter when Y/N left the room. They hope that Y/N would be fine.

Alphys began to speak up, directly to Kris.

"And Kris.. Make sure they actually get it, please...?" Alphys pleaded as Kris nodded their head, walking out of the room.

It's only been 2 minutes what the hell happened!?

-----------------------
YOUR POV

You walked out of the classroom as you stared at the purple Barney standing in the hallway.

They were holding a white stick, it looked like a cigarette.

Actually nevermind it's chalk.

Susie chomped on the chalk as Y/N slightly gasped, Susie flinched a bit when she heard that.

Susie snaps her head to Y/N as she gave them a deadly glare.

"New kid... You didn't see that right?" Susie glared at you.

"What's that? Looks yummy." You joked and a chuckle came from Susie.

"Oh this?" She raised the chalk.

"Just a little snack..." She takes a bite out of the chalk, it was in half now.

"Isn't that poisonous...?" You sighed dramatically.

Susie looks at you with a questioning look.

"What do you mean?"

You shrugged and pulled out a box of chalk.

"These could kill you, right?" You questioned her slight smugly.

Susie stared at the box with interest before going back to glaring at you.

"You think your gonna fool me-"

"No! I spent money on this back off." You took a step back. Protecting the box of chalk like it's your child.

Susie stared at you with a dumbfounded expression, I mean what did she expect.

"I- you eat chalk??" Susie asked confused but curious.

"They're better with gravy." You chuckled.

"WHAT."

Susie was baffled, I mean a normal person eating chalk?!

"I only ate it once, this is just... emergency food.." You muttered thinking of past memories.

You then looked back to Susie to see her smirking.

She started the burst out laughing, holding her forehead and stomach with her head up high.

"The new kid's a freak! Who would've guessed that!?" She laughed.

She then pats you on the back.

"Hey, I kinda like ya!" Susie said with a smirk.

"What's with people patting me these days..." You mumbled tiredly as she kept on patting you on the back.

"Come on! You're saying I'm not the first!?" She asks in disbelief.

"You aren't special sadly..." You said disappointingly.

The door of the classroom suddenly open as you both quickly turned your heads to it.

"Oh hey Kris." You waved at them.

Susie seemed to glare at them as they gave her a slight glare before turning their head to you.

"Need something?" You asked them as they came closer to you.

"...chalk." They muttered pointing at Susie.

"Got a problem?" She asks still keeping the glare on them.

They shook their head as they looked as you with the pleading eyes, I THINK.

"We should probably get the chalk..." You mumbled releasing yourself from Susie."

"Awwhhh, come on!" She whined.

"It's either detention or chalk." You said.

"Alright then, we'll go get the damn chalk, mosey back to class and.."

She points at you and Kris

"You both do our project!" She exclaimed proudly.

"It's not like we have much of a choice..." You mumbled.

"Now come on nerds. We got some chalk to uhh, get." She said walking off.

You turned your head at Kris with a worried expression.

"You okay?" You asked them.

They nodded their head as they gave you a thumbs up, their ruby eyes slightly showing.

(I SWEAR ITS A COINCIDENCE.)

"Don't go dying on me.." You muttered, walking off. You could hear them chuckle behind you.

Susie was standing in front of the closet waiting for the both of you.

"God, could you guys go any slower?" She grunted.

Kris sighed as you quietly giggled.

"Oh I get it, not used to walking without someone holding your hand?" Susie asks Kris with a teasing tone.

Kris had a poker face the entire time but you could see the frustration.

You giggled as you walked up to the closet.

"Come on we have to get the cha- Oh what the hell." You quickly walked back as the closet doors opened by itself.

Susie and Kris stared at the closet, clearly nervous.

"Hey, is it me or is it REALLY dark in there." Susie asks the both of you.

"Seeing black is very normal." You nervously replied.

Susie then whacked you on the back.

"Ow!"

"Y/N you go first!" She shouted at you.

"I- Why me!?" You retorted.

"I- Damn it, Kris go!" She pointed at the closet looking at Kris.

Kris took a step back clearly not wanting to go into the deep abyss.

"Fine! If you won't go then.." Susie stared at the dark closet.

"We'll all go in at the same time!" She grunted.

"Pussy."

"NOWS NOT THE TIME DIPSHIT!" She glared at you.

"Alright alright! Lead the way then." You pushed her.

"HEY-! Oh."

As Susie looked around in realization she turned around and gave you the 'I told you so' look.

You scoffed and entered the closet, Kris snickering from behind.

You progressed deeper into the room, there was no lights or walls or anything.

"There's nothing here but old papers!" Susie complained.

"Can we go back? The more we stay here the more I feel like going to bed." You tiredly asked.

"Yeah, if Alphys wants her chalk she can get it by herself." Susie pushed through the both of you as she started to walk to the exit, both of you following.

"Why do they have such a big closet-"

SLAM!!!

Oh shit

Susie ran to the door as she started to punch it.

"HEY! LET US OUT! THIS ISNT FUNNY!" The banging got louder as the floor started to shake.

"Uh, GUYS." You called out.

"THE FLOOR IS SHAKING!"

"WE KNOW DUMBASS!"

"THIS IS A REALLY BAD EARTHQUAKE-"

Kris looks at you worryingly as the floor suddenly disappeared.

Everyone fell to their demise.

-----------------------
A/N

Hola

Sorry this took a while, writers block can be annoying at times.

I mean to be fair I was writing and drawing like there was no tomorrow so I guess I should've seen this coming.

This book will probably have slow updates as I need to uh, chill? Yeah sure

Anyway thank for read this chapter

Don't worry I got notes for the next one so it won't be messy like this one.

Anyway I need to go to sleep.

Rewritted/Edited - 1/2/2023

2916 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 78 14
This story is about Kris (16M) and Ralsei (16M). There is hardly a story here, and I wrote It just because I like the ship. If you don't like relaxed...
6.2K 190 39
Practically r/I'm14andthisisdeep the book. Notes: You identify as they/them. So everyone can suffer while reading my book equally! Also sorry if I mi...
157K 2.4K 88
NO LONGER TAKING REQUESTS! Happy reading! Smile - Susie x Sweet!Reader Quiet People - Kris x Female!Reader Tough Luck - Susie x Tomboy!Reader (PART 1...
29.7K 587 39
The cover says it all, this is a Kris x Reader book for all the Kris lovers out there :D *I do not own Deltarune, all rights go to Toby Fox* Accompli...