LIGHTS OUT •F1•

Da Elle_Jay

where the daughter of Max Verstappen's engineer finds herself falling for the opposition...much to Max's dist... Altro

•lights out•
•chapter one•
•chapter two•
•chapter three•
•chapter four•
•chapter five•
•chapter six•
•chapter seven•
•chapter eight•
•chapter ten•
•chapter eleven•
•chapter twelve•
•chapter thirteen•
•chapter fourteen•
•chapter fifteen•
•chapter sixteen•

•chapter nine•

1.5K 49 11
Da Elle_Jay

"I hope you had fun at Mercedes because you're back at Red Bull for the next race," Marty informed his daughter as the waiter brought over a bottle of red wine for the table.

Indie rolled her eyes.

She was surprised that her dad had even let her spend the whole weekend at the rival garage, let alone allow her to travel back with Lewis and George, but the Jay senior was happy knowing that Lewis wouldn't let anything happen to his little girl.

"Dad said that George seemed to have taken a liking to you," Penelope, Indie's mother smiled, taking a sip of the red wine that had just been poured. "He's very handsome,"

Lewis might have let it slip to Marty that he reckoned his teammate had a small crush on the brunette girl but that he had been respectful for the entire weekend. Marty also liked that his daughter seemed to have gotten through the whole weekend sober - which was less than could be said for when she and Darcy got together.

Indie blushed.

"He asked if he can take me out for dinner before we all go to Italy," Indie noted as she chased a piece of asparagus around her plate, refusing to make eye contact with her father, who was likely not going to be the biggest fan of the idea.

Penelope, on the other hand, was already grinning like a Cheshire cat at the idea of the handsome Mercedes driver taking her daughter out. Indie had enjoyed an incredibly close relationship with her mother, and the duo rarely kept any secrets between them - Indie's interest in Mr Russell was no exception.

Marty said back in his chair and pursed his lips. "And where is George taking you?" He asked with gritted teeth and a scowl before being slapped on the shoulder by his wife.

"To 14 Hills," Indie said and looked towards her mum who was caught mid gasp. "I didn't even have to tell him it was my favourite restaurant, EVER!" She exclaimed.

It was a sweet moment when George asked Indie for dinner. He had spoken to Lewis about planning a date with the girl he saw as a little sister, and once George had been read the riot act, Lewis happily helped.

The driver had dropped Indie back to her North London apartment despite it being a two-hour drive from his house. Once George had helped Indie with her suitcases, and made sure she was home safe and with a cup of tea in hand, he asked the pretty girl if she would like to get dinner.

George remembered that Indie liked an aesthetically pleasing bar or restaurant and had spent the flight home googling restaurants in London that fit her criteria. It was a coincidence that George had picked her favourite place to spend an evening.

"And what are you going to wear?" Penelope asked, "Do we need to go shopping?" She added, which caused Marty to roll his eyes. If the two of them got talking about shopping, then he was going to need another drink.

Indie shot a deadpan look at her mum. "We always need to go shopping," She winked but admitted that she had no idea what she was going to wear for her date with George.

"And what about Darcy? Is she going to go on a date with that driver she likes?" Penelope asked, swirling the red liquid in her glass.

Suddenly Marty's attention was back in the room, not on how he could leave the shopping conversation. His brow furrowed, quite obviously confused about the words that had just left his wife's mouth.

Indie sucked her lips into her mouth. Oops.

"Darcy, what now? Driver?" Marty blurted, slightly panicked.

Had both of the girls already broken the 'no dating' drivers rule that they had both agreed to before Marty had taken them to Bahrain?

Penelope quickly realised her blunder and gave an apologetic look to her daughter. Although Indie didn't seem too bothered she did twiddle her thumbs and pursed her lips.

"So she might have spent the night with Daniel...but now they don't talk, so it was definitely a one-time thing," Indie confirmed confident in her words, even if she was confident that Darcy would actually stick to her promise of not sleeping with the Aussie again.

Marty looked somewhat relieved, which confused Indie and Penelope. He slowly nodded taking in what Indie had just said.

"I see...well as long as it's not one of my drivers," Marty chuckled, "I don't want either of them getting distracted."

Penelope laughed. "Isn't Sergio married?"

Marty nodded but told the women that any form of distraction to either Max or Sergio was not welcomed.

"Don't worry dad, I have no intention of ever distracting Max; I can't stand him." She informed her father, who seemed content with her answer. "He's so, just awful, and he always calls me Princess." Indie pouted. "Like, as if."

Both her parents let out a high-pitched laugh as the words left their daughter's mouth. Indie wasn't so happy with their lack of backing her up regarding what she had just said.

"Indigo, you dressed up as a princess every year for Halloween until you were 12...." Marty pointed out with a cocked brow. "And your email was princessindigo..." He said, trailing off only for Penelope to chime in.

"Let's not forget Lewis called you Princess for years, and he even brought you that Tiara to wear for prom."

That was true, but it was different because it was Lewis. He was doing it an affectionate way whereas Max just wanted to wind Indie up. And it worked.

"Anyway, I don't like Max. I like George and being at Mercedes with LH." Indie announced changing the subject away from her and Max and confirming that her loyalties were to her father's old team.

The plates on the table were cleaned up and Marty asked for the bill which was shortly brought over to the table. It had been a nice evening having dinner with her parents, but Indie was looking forward to getting home and seeing what Darcy had been up to.

As they left the restaurant, and after Indie had hugged her parents, Marty beckoned a cab for his daughter. "It's late, and I don't want you getting the tube." He said.

Indie laughed. "I'm 25, dad!"

Marty pressed his lips to Indie's forehead.

"Yes, and you're still my little girl. Let us know when you get home,"

•••

22:39

hey darc,
i'm just leaving dinner
with my parents
what are you up to?

INDIIIIGOOOOOO
we are at Jax's
xxxxxxxxx

are you drunk?
who is we?

yes, very.
lando, maxine, albono,
some others
why aren't you here?

i see

maxine said you didn't want to come
makes darcy SAD😢😢☠️
rude
we love jax's

max didn't invite me

oh

it's fine
enjoy your night x

BOOOOO COME JOIN

no no
just gonna go home
face mask
probably ft george

NOOOO DON'T
YOURE SO BORING
WHEN YOU GET A BF
☠️☠️💔💔

he's not my boyfriend

not what maxine said

goodnight Darcy x

•••

Darcy had been surprised to receive an invite from Max Verstappen.

They hadn't really ever spoken unless the blonde was trying to break up a spat between him and Indie, but nevertheless, Darcy was excited to get to know the Dutchman better.

"So you and Indie are actually good friends?" Max slurred as he drunkenly wrapped an arm around the blonde's shoulder. "But you're so fun, and she so...bleurgh..." Max said, faking throwing up.

For a man so dedicated to his sport, Max could drink, which only impressed Darcy more. She loved people who could keep up with her, which is probably one of the reasons that she and Indie had been friends for so long.

The music at Jax's was not too loud, which was one of the reasons that the best friends enjoyed coming here. It was the perfect combination of both of their tastes. Aesthetically pleasing, with good cocktails and lively music.

"Indie is fun..." Darcy remarked, although it didn't come out as confident as she had intended. "I mean, we are different kinds of fun..."

That was true, but it was why they got on so well. Their chaos balanced out. Or, Darcy could be as chaotic as she liked because Indie was so calm - yes, that sounded more accurate.

"Yeah, I don't buy it, Darc." Max winked and pulled them away to the table where Lando was barely keeping his eyes open, and Alex Albon was texting his girlfriend.

The table was scarce of all the alcohol consumed in the evening, most of it by Darcy and Max, but Lando had given it his best to keep up with them.

"DARCEEEEEEEEY!" Lando sang as the blonde sat down next to him, "We go home now?" He asked, resting his head on her shoulder.

Darcy looked to Max, who had that devilish spark in his eye. "Yes, let's go back to our hotel," He winked.

•••

♥️ liked by lewishamilton , georgerussell and 41.9k other people

@indie_go1: dinner with mum & dad💜💸💰

tagged: martmechanic, penelopejay, oscarjay

📍Hawksmoor, Air Street

________________________________

martmechanic: lovely night in the city with my two favourites girls

💬indie_go1: 💜

________________________________

lewishamilton: great picture of the Jays! My mum says we must all go for dinner soon

💬penelopejay: Hello Lewis. Hope you are well. We would love that x

💬lewishamilton: would be better if Marty came back home 😉

💬martmechanic: watch it Hamilton

💬penelopejay: you did have a lovely time working with Lewis, and George seems very nice too! Indigo certainly thinks so☺️

💬user3: did Indie's parents just out her relationship with George?

________________________________

darcme30: did you really go to Hawksmoor without me?😅🥵

💬indie_go1: you went to Jax's without me, call it even

________________________________

oscarjay: thanks for the invite Sis... tho I have a proper job, so I can't drop everything to mooch off of dad🤣😂

💬indie_go1: you wouldn't know how too...takes great skill

💬oscarjay: wow finally something you're good at😱😱😱

💬martmechanic: We are proud of you too Oscar

________________________________

georgerussell: glad you had a good evening🧁

{indie_go1 liked this comment}

•••

maxverstappen added a new photo to his story

'aren't they so cute😳'

tagged: landonorris, darcme30

REPLIES:

danielricciardo: 😳👀

landonorris: I have no recollection of you taking this... also where are you and darcy?

indie_go1: thanks for the invite Max. So kind of you

maxverstappen replied: oooops, guess yours got lost. Have fun with George 😏

•••

darcy and max?

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

174K 1.7K 48
Being the youngest Norris sibling wasn't easy. Everyone kept pushing you around and telling you what to do. What happens when someone enters her lif...
735K 23.2K 70
ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅʏʟᴀɴ ɢᴏɴᴢᴀʟᴇᴢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀx ᴠᴇʀꜱᴛᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴘᴏʟᴀʀ ᴏᴘᴘᴏꜱɪᴛᴇꜱ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ꜱɪᴍɪʟᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ "She's nice" "Too nice!" Cover made by Edi...
7.4K 89 9
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐀 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐧𝐞�...
166K 4.2K 31
𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙖, 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙗�...