Method Acting || Joe Keery

By Dylanofiiiiine

Charlee is a writer for the show Stranger Things, when the production team somehow rope her into becoming an... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
Update
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y • N I N E
F O U R T Y
Bonus Anniversary Chapter!
F O U R T Y • O N E
F O U R T Y • T W O
Preview for Appearances Sake
Robin and Kaya || Bonus Chapter

E P I L O G U E

930 20 9
By Dylanofiiiiine

Three Years Later

I'm trying to open my lipstick, but my hands will not stop trembling. Finally, I put the tube down and press my hands on the cold porcelain sink in front of me, leaning. I stare at my reflection in the mirror and focus on my breathing, trying to lower my heart rate.

Breathe. You can do this.

I don't know why I am so nervous about this. I know basically everyone that will be there, and everyone will be rooting for me. I've got this.

I nod at myself in my reflection, pick up the red lipstick, and carefully apply it. My lips are now cherry red, and my confidence has increased 100% percent.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am the luckiest man on this planet," A man's voice says behind me.

I look in the reflection, and I feel my eyes grow wide. I quickly turn around, and point my finger at him.

"You, are not meant to be here! You're supposed to be getting ready with the guys!" I scold him.

He rolls his eyes, and gestures to his suit.

"When you're this good looking, it doesn't take long to get ready," He says with a smirk.

Damn him. He's wearing a classic black suit, but with a pink button up shirt, and a navy tie, so dark you would almost think it's black. Damn, he does look good. Really, really good. Robert chose the boys clothes, and I'm thankful he did.

"Still Joe, I don't think you're meant to see us yet," I tell him quietly, so the girls don't hear that he's here.

Joe laughs, and comes closer to me. Snaking his hands around my waist and pulling me closer.

"I don't think it works quite like that. Anyways, I'm a rebel. Born to be bad," He says to me, his eyes wild.

I throw my head back, and laugh heartily. I feel my body shake as the laughter vibrates through me, and it feels good.

Joe brings his face closer to mine, and my heart races at the proximity.

"Joe," I choke out, my voice going hoarse.

"I really, really want to ruin that lipstick right now," He whispers, his breath fanning my lips.

I almost let out an involuntary moan, and swallow it down before shoving him away.

"Maya would actually murder you, and I don't think that's how we want this day remembered," I tell him, turning back to the mirror and fixing my hair in the reflection.

"Have you got your speech ready?" Joe asks me, ignoring the potential threat on his life.

I make eye contact with Joe in the mirror.

"I've had it ready for three years," I inform him, "I hope you have yours ready,"

Joe grins at me, like I'm being unnecessarily silly, and pats his pants pocket, indicating it's sitting safely there, ready to be read out later on tonight.

"I just hope no one mentions the dinner party," Joe says.

I turn around, and lean my bank against the sink.

"There's lots of moments to talk about, maybe it won't come up?" I offer, trying to settle both our nerves.

Joe shrugs.

"Oh well, it got us here didn't it," He tells me, smiling.

I can't help but smile too. I guess it did.

I hear some rustling and talking in the room next to me. I look to the door, then back at Joe. Both our eyes growing wide.

"Maya!" We both whisper shout at the same time.

I rush over to the other door, and usher Joe out quickly before Maya notices him here, and he gives me a quick, sly kiss on my cheek. He promises to ruin my lipstick later as he leaves, and my stomach churns in anticipation.

A few moments later, Maya bursts through the door.

"Who were you talking to?" She says, eyeing me suspiciously.

"No one," I say quickly. I try to sound confident, but it comes out as more of a high pitched, anxious squeak.

Maya squints her eyes at me for a few moments, not believing me, but assessing whether it's worth pushing the issue. Suddenly, it's like she's just realised that she is looking at me, and she brings her hands to her mouth as she gasps.

"Oh my GOD. Charlee! You look amazing!" Her voice almost cracking as she gushes over me.

I lift my dress up slightly, and twirl it a little, blushing.

"It's a good thing Robert helped pick the dress," I tell her.

Maya waves her hand in the air, dismissing what I said.

"Yes, yes, the dress is fantastic. But Charlee, you really are so beautiful," Maya tells me, her eyes going glassy, threatening to water.

"Don't you dare cry," I warn her.

Maya takes me by the shoulders, and sighs. I take a moment to look at her. She's wearing an off the shoulder A-line dress, and her hair is in loose curls around her face. Her makeup is a mix of peach and navy shades, and her lips are a deep neutral.

"Maya, you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen," I tell her, taking it all in.

Maya laughs, and gives me a hug.

"Shut up, or I'll make you marry me instead," She says, still laughing.

Maya tucks her arm in mine, and pulls me through the door.

"Now, let's go to a damn wedding," She says.

*****

I follow Maya out of the limousine, and stand in front of the wedding coordinator who explains to us which direction to go down the aisle, and what order everyone goes in. As we stand in place behind a hedge, Maya leans into me.

"Ready?" She asks me, whispering.

I give her an eager nod.

"Are you?" I ask her.

"Yup," She says confidently, standing up straight.

When it's my turn to go down the aisle, I let out a long breath. I clutch my bouquet of pink lilies as I turn the corner of the hedge, and look down the aisle.

We are outside, but the aisle is made of white rugs, covered in the various pink and red petals left there by the flower girl, (Natalia and Charlies adorable 2 year old daughter, Penelope). On either side of the aisle sits the faces of many of the people I love and adore. Above us hang paper lanterns held by string. The song Kiss Me, by Sixpence None The Richer is playing, and down the aisle, I see Joe. Standing there with a cheesy grin on his face as he looks at me. Robert is next to him, with his hand on his shoulder.

My eyes connect with Joe as I walk down the aisle. The way he's looking at me is giving me butterflies.

Once I reach the end of the aisle, I stand to the side opposite to where Joe, Robert and the other boys stand. I flash Robert an excited grin, and turn my head down the aisle, to watch Maya walk.

All the guests stand up to watch the beautiful bride as she gracefully makes her way down the aisle. I try not to cry as I watch her. She looks so beautiful, so excited.

I sneak a glance at Joe, and he looks like he's holding back tears too. He looks so proud of his friend.

When I look over to Robert, he's tapping his foot in anticipation, but his smile is giving away his joy.

Once Maya reaches Robert at the end of the aisle, she gives me her bouquet and quickly takes his hands.

We listen as the celebrant talks, and Maya and Robert giggle as they exchange vows. Joe and I share glances as they are announced as husband and wife. Will this be us one day? Do I want marriage? I'm still not sure. But I know I want Joe.

Once the ceremony is over, Joe grips my hand as we walk to the cars to take us to get our photos taken. His thumb runs over the back of my hand, and I feel that familiar electric spark. 

Robert notices us, and calls out, "No touching you two!"

—————

That's it. It's done. It's over. I'm a bit sad, but also relieved. I can't believe I'm really pressing complete on this after just over a year of writing!

I know I say it a lot, but thank you to all you beautiful readers. Without you I'd have never had the motivation to finish this.

Thank you to everyone who has been there for me since reading the first chapter, patiently waiting through each hiatus and hyping me up every time. You've pushed me to truly believe I could achieve my dreams of doing something with my writing one day.

You'll never realise how much I appreciate you, and close I'll always keep you in my heart.

Goodbye for now x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 200 9
Sadie's Pov: "Alright everyone, I have something to say..." My brother looked at me in curiousness, Jacey just looked at me for a couple of seconds a...
39.2K 1.1K 14
Y/n L/n just moved to Hawkins. She's...different, to say the least. Vibrant colors, dyed hair, and a very relaxed attitude. To make things weirder, s...
6.1K 377 23
Being the son of Hawkins Middle School Science teacher, Scott Clarke, has its perks, constantly having to explain things to 'King' Steve Harrington w...
115K 7.4K 68
"So, how did you know you were gay?" "One day, I was walking and a rainbow tumbled from the sky and onto my head. Consequently, my brains fell out a...