FAIRYTALE - Kaz Brekker

By KazBrekker090

"I'm in love with a Fairytale, even though it hurts" what would happen when Zaria Isla catches feelings for n... More

𝑭𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆
𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒔
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓻
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐌
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐋𝐕
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗
𝐋
𝐋𝐈

𝐈𝐈𝐈

3.3K 95 46
By KazBrekker090

Chapter 3: New family?

--♤--

Zaria didn't think she would get enemies so soon, yet here she was running down the streets of Ketterdam gasping for air.

The cold wind was slapping her face as she ran, inky hair flying everywhere as she climbed up the wall before running from a roof to the other, foot steps getting closer behind her.

Sliding down the wall she jamp to the ground and looked around for a way out but it was a dead end, "shit!" She exclaimed looking behind to see the 5 men getting closer towards her.

Just as she was about to climb up the wall someone suddenly grabbed her ankle and pulled her down harshly making her fall to the ground, "cupcake is trying to run away~" one of the men said walking towards her.

That was the last thing he needed to say before she suddenly punched him straight into the nose breaking his nose, "you disgusting pig, you call me that, i'll rip you apart." she threatened with a murderous look.

Another tried to grab her but she was quicker immediately kicking him straight in the balls sending him crying in pain, another wrapped his arms around her neck in attempt to choke her.

She gasped for air before punching his stomach running to grab the crowbar, Zaria swung without a thought, blood splattered all over her face as she stared at the man who immediately collapsed, blood gushing out from the side of his face.

She was suddenly slammed against the wall and the man who was much older and taller started punching her without a single look of mercy, not once did he stop and she struggled against his hold especially when he grabbed the crowbar and threw it into the ocean beside them.

He was suddenly grabbed by the collar and thrown to the ground, Zaria slid down the wall and started gasping for air, blood was all over her face, the dude's blood and hers mixed, she wiped her bleeding nose and got up to look at whoever pushed the guy off her.

the guy she met in the Club was leaning against the wall holding a cane towards her with a crow head, she looked at him coldly and Kaz only shrugged turning to look at the terrified man, "No- please mister Brekker, I'm begging you don't kill me-" Kaz ignored the man's begging and watched as she took the cane slowly.

"Finish him."

He ordered, watching as she stepped towards the man who was backing away in fear.

he leaned against the wall watching quietly as the man tried to get up but she was faster, the crow's beak was suddenly stabbed against the man's leg as he screamed in pain, she pulled him by the leg and grabbed his hair.

"Look who's crawling now."

Everything happened in a blink of an eye, she started hitting the shit out of him with that cane, blood splattered with each hit and each scream made her feel satisfied and she only hit him harder with the cane until he started begging.

"You should've begged earlier."

with that the beak was suddenly on his skull killing him immediately, the world fell silent and the ground was covered in blood.

Kaz who didn't know why he was feeling satisfied by the girl walked towards her and grabbed his cane.

Taking out a napkin from his pocket he wiped the crow's head slowly and carefully watched as she stared at the dead men surrounding them, then at her hands, "get used to it, you will have enemies from now on." he spoke snapping her out of thoughts.

"what should I do with him?" she asked her Kerch not that perfect but understandable, "leave him be, in 30 minutes his gang will come back here, follow me."

She didn't move instead just crossed her arms, "why should I trust you?"

Kaz's lips quirked upwards as he peered over his shoulder to look at her, "do you want to see your lovely Jesper or not?"

that was the only thing he had to say before she stood next to him walking along in silence, "so you're Zemeni?" he asked.

"Yes, isn't it obvious."

"Jesper said so much about you, it's annoying."

she grinned weakly, her whole body was in pain but she hid it, she needed to see Jesper.

--♤--

Zaria learned that this handsome guy leading her to Jesper was Kaz Brekker, the bastard of the barrel, she heard his name everywhere ever since she got here.

Kaz pushed the door open and she stood awkwardly watching as he turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow, "are you coming in or not?" she stepped inside the house, the smell of waffles greeted her and the warmth, it was cold at night in Ketterdam.

A spark of happiness bloomed in her chest and she immediately relaxed, A beautiful suli girl her age suddenly stood in the doorway greeting Kaz warmly who nodded back at her without a word, "Welcome home Kaz!" then she noticed the black haired girl standing behind the boy looking around in awe.

"Oh my! hello!" she greeted walking towards Zaria who turned to look at Inej, Inej pulled the girl into a short hug to which she responded kindly, "I'm Inej! are you alright?" she asked worriedly the zemeni girl who only nodded back with a small smile.

"Jesper!" yelled Kaz for the sharpshooter who immediately ran down the stairs and was standing seconds later in front of the doorway gasping softly, "yes boss- holy shit." Jesper's eyes widened and his eyes were getting watery.

Zaria grinned peering over to the sharpshooter who froze in shock.

"hey Jes."

she greeted warmly, Jesper ran towards her pulling her into a tight hug, she immediately hugged back as tight as he did, tears covered her eyes but she didn't let them fall as she wrapped her arms around Jesper's waist as he brushed her hair hugging her so tight.

He was taller than her and had revolvers on his belt yet he was still as handsome as the last time she saw him.

"I can't believe you're here! I missed you so much." He spoke as soon as he broke the hug with a bright grin but the smile was soon replaced with a worried look.

"You're hurt- what happened- i'll kill them- who did it?"

She cut him off, "Jes! It's alright, it's not mine, i'm fine." She spoke reassuringly.

Jesper nodded with a sigh of relief just before he could ask Kaz where he found her, the bastard of the barrel was already walking to his room, rolling his eyes he gestured for her to come in.

"do you want to shower first and get rid of the blood or eat?" he asked, Inej shook her head at Jepser's stupid question before gesturing for Zaria to follow her, "of course getting rid of the blood, Jes." both the girls chuckled at Jesper who pressed his lips together into a line.

"yeah yeah, come down to eat when you finish Zaria, where are you keeping your stuff?" he asked watching as she walked back pulling out the keys, "the hotel beside the House of the White Rose, first floor, last room to the right, my suitcase is there, I didn't pull anything out." he nodded with a smile before making his way to the door.

Inej grinning softly at Zaria started showing her around, introducing her to Wylan who grinned awkwardly at her, it's not much of a place but it was very cozy and warm and that's all that mattered, her room was right in front of Kaz's, "there is a shower there and everything is already set if you want something, I'll bring you something to wear."

nodding thankfully she finally spoke, "thank you so much, Inej, I appreciate it." Inej smiled brightly at the girl, "oh don't thank me, it's such an honor to have another girl here, I'll leave you to take a shower."

With that, she walked back down the stairs leaving Zaria to walk in and look around the room in awe, one bed, a desk, a couch, and shelves full of books, she grinned before walking inside the bathroom to get rid of the blood.

--♤--

The shower wasn't long, only 10 minutes before she came out a towel wrapped tightly around her as she looked around, there were indeed some clothes neatly folded on her bed, navy blue silk pajamas, her favorite color.

'Jes must've told them.' she thought before wearing the clothes that fit her perfectly, then she noticed the parchment on the sheets grabbing it she opened it, frowning and pressing her lips together, pulling the paper closer she tried to read what was written.

After 5 minutes she finally figured out what it said, 'Navy blue is your favorite color, right? hope you like it :)'

-Inej (gift from Wylan)

Grinning, she shook her head before walking back inside the bathroom to brush her hair, what was difficult was the way it took her 5 minutes to read a sentence, she knows how to speak Kerch, well, not perfectly but she understands, writing on the other hand...

we don't talk about that.

She hated studying so she never cared about learning to read instead of just talking.

Walking down the stairs she looked around for Jesper, making her way towards the kitchen she froze, "sorry, didn't mean to walk in..." she spoke about to walk away, Kaz had his sleeves rolled up and his gloved hand tapping against the counter as he leaned against it.

hair damp and slightly messy from how much he was pushing it back.

he looked her up and down watching as black inky wavy hair reached the middle of her back like a black ocean, "let's have a talk." he ordered eyeing the chair, she did as told crossing her legs as she leaned against the chair looking up at him with slightly doe eyes made him slightly freeze.

"about?"

Kaz's eyes were cold as he leaned against the counter crossing his arms and stretching his bad leg, "you got here about 2 weeks ago and you killing 5 men in one night only made you have more enemies, so, everywhere you go, keep an eye, cause this is Ketterdam."

Nodding, she tried to forget the fight she had earlier, "yes sir." she said sarcastically, saluting him before getting up, "and tell Inej to clean that scratch, you're starting to have bruises on your neck." he said as soon as she stepped towards the door.

"Alright." he could tell that she rolled her eyes at his words making him scoff and shake his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.1K 22
{Kaz Brekker X reader} Six words were often exchanged throughout the Barrel. By urgent whispers or mid-day gossip, they always made their way around...
5.1K 167 11
Welcome weary traveler. You came to Ketterdam seeking fortunes, perhaps a good time, a few noteworthy truly mentionable stories, and maybe even a lit...
1.5K 79 32
On the run from her past, Lyra makes a mistake which forces her to work for Dirty Hands Brekker. Mission after mission, trust gained and feelings unc...
67.1K 2.2K 24
DISCONTINUED Viktoriya Kirigan is the daughter of the Darkling. She has had the life of a princess and grew up in the little castle with the power of...