Showtime

glowing_pheonix द्वारा

Avni Mathur is a senior at East High, a third generation Indian and a Broadway star in the making. When her b... अधिक

Cast
1. Auditions
2. Read- through
3. Wonderstudies
4. Blocking
5. Homecoming
6. What Team?
7. Thanksgiving
8. Tech Rehearsal
9. Opening Night
10.1. Act Two, Part 1
10.2. Act Two, Part 2
11. New Years' Eve
12. Typecasting
13.1. Valentine's Day, Part 1
13.2. Valentine's Day, Part 2
14. The Storm
15. The Quinceañero
16. Yes, And...
17. The Field Trip
18.1. Most Likely To..., Part 1
18.2. Most Likely Too... Part 2
19. Spring Break
20.1. The Transformation, Part 1
20.2. The Transformation, Part 2
21.1. "Showtime", Part 1
21.2. "Showtime", Part 2
22. Second Chances
23. The Menkies
24.2. Camp Prom, Part 2
24.3. Camp Prom, Part 3
25. Let It Go
Continuation!

24.1. Camp Prom, Part 1

131 5 0
glowing_pheonix द्वारा

[Avni: The past three weeks have been crazy! I left for my internship in New York immediately after graduation and now that summer's almost over, I get to chill at home with my boyfriend till fall. I mean yes- spending time away from everyone for three weeks was pretty hard, but- the next two months are going to be amazing- starting today.]

Avni walked through the familiar scenery, smile never leaving her lips. The sun was hot, hotter than it had been in New York, and hot does not agree with her- but nothing could dampen her spirits today.

Her grin widened when she neared the bunks and heard faint voices from within. The girls first, then.

She knocked on the door, feeling weirdly nervous. She was seeing them after so long.

The door opened- and she was greeted by a very familiar face that she'd missed dearly through the year.

"Gadget!" she grinned, and the girl pulled her in for a tight hug, both girls swinging side to side.

"I didn't know you were coming today," Gadget said, smiling.

"EJ didn't tell you? I came for prom- and I got Dewey to let me stay for opening night."

Gadget nodded, "Come on in."

"Avni!" Gina called, rushing forward for a hug.

Avni returned the hug for a second, before slapping Gina in the arm, "I can't believe you didn't write a single letter."

"I'm not very good at it," she said. "I never know what to say."

"Oh really? How about the fact that you're dating my best friend? Who, by the way, writes truly terrible letters. I have no idea of what really happened."

Gina grinned bashfully, "It's no big deal. I'll fill you in."

"It's no big deal? I think the drama begs to differ," Ashlyn said.

"Ash!" Avni grinned, outstretching her hands to hug the girl. "Oh, also- congratulations."

"What for?"

"For coming out? Remember? You wrote me a letter and begged me to not tell Big Red?"

"Oh right," she smiled. "Thank you."

"I'm really happy for you," Avni said.

She moved on to Kourtney next, hugging the girl tight.

"Kourt- love what you've done here," Avni said, pointing to all of the girls' make- up. "How are you guys already getting ready? Prom is not for another two hours."

"There's never enough time in the world to glam."

"Fair enough. Alright- I'm gonna go find my boyfriend, and then I'm gonna come back and get all the tea from you," Avni said to Gina.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Avni?" Ricky called just as she was about to knock on the door of the Yurt Locker.

"Hey," she said, stepping forward to hug him, but he took a step back.

"Yeah, I wouldn't do that," he said, kissing her cheek instead- which was weird as fuck.

Avni looked at him confused. "Are you okay in the head?" she asked.

"Yeah, no- I ate three whole pizzas," he explained.

"Bucket list?"

"Bucket list," he nodded.

"What are you left with?"

"Just the lotto. Oh, and superhero."

"Oh, okay," Avni paused. "Here's something you should do before you turn 19- improve your handwriting. It is illegible. Like seriously-"

"EJ's in the barn," he deadpanned.

Avni grinned at him in a I-know-what-you're-doing-but-thanks way, and made her way to the barn instead.

♡♡♡♡♡

He stood in the middle of the decked-up barn, wearing a dusty pink suit, his back to her. Avni took a moment to appreciate her boyfriend, and the way the suit fit his shoulders and waist and arms.

"How is it that we're always meeting in a theatre?" she asked.

He turned around at the sound of her voice, and when her presence sunk in, he looked relieved.

"Hi," he breathed, taking three big steps to reach her. "I'm so glad you're here," he said, hands snaking around her waist, kissing her hard and desperate.

Something struck Avni as odd in his manner. "Is everything okay?" she asked, breaking away.

EJ didn't let her step away, and kept his hold on her. "It is now," he said. "I've missed you," he hugged her, tucking his face in the curve of her neck. The only other time he'd hugged her like that was when he hadn't gotten into Duke.

Avni pulled away again. "Are you sure you're okay?"

He smiled, "Yeah." And then- "You're staying for tomorrow, right?"

She nodded.

He'd seemed fine in the letters. This is why modern technology rules.

Avni sighed, kissing him again. "I have to go get ready for tonight."

He groaned, "Seriously? You just got here!"

"Well, you're ready," she said, gesturing to his outfit. "You look amazing, by the way."

He hummed, "I think you can do better than that."

"I think you'll take what you've got." He grinned. "Seriously, though, this is going to be hard to keep up with," Avni continued.

"I think you'll do fine."

Avni kissed his cheek. "Bye," she said. EJ groaned as she left the barn.

♡♡♡♡♡

"It was nothing too huge, okay?" Gina said to Avni. "We had this moment, I guess? When we were rehearsing What Do You Know About Love. There was that connection- and then two days later Ricky told me that he'd accidently confessed that he liked me on camera."

Avni looked at her with wide eyes.

"He was talking to Carlos and Channing- the camera man- filmed him from behind a bush."

"Nothing too huge, huh?"

"Yeah."

Avni laughed, "That has got to be the weirdest way of getting together. Seriously."

Gina plopped down beside her, back to the mirror Avni was facing. "It feels amazing," Gina said dreamily.

Avni laughed at her.

"What? Seriously! You never told me all this feels so good."

"What have you become?" Avni asked her, still laughing.

"Shut up, you're no better. Neither is EJ, as a matter of fact."

Avni smile faltered at his name. "Did you notice something off with him?"

"He has been on edge all summer, but I think he's just under pressure."

"Because of the documentary?"

"Yeah, I think so. He has been taking help though. From Val. And he called Miss Jenn over a couple days ago, on Colour War."

Avni gasped, "You guys had Colour War," she whined. "l miss camp."

"I'm thought you'd be happier in New York."

"You would've known if you wrote to me."

"I'm sorry, okay? Will you let that go?"

"Alright. It was pretty cool though. I don't if I was happier, but it was definitely an equal experience. I don't know- it just felt right." She paused. "Maybe I'm too young or it's early to say this, but I think I would be pretty happy doing this for the rest of my life."

Gina smiled.

"What are opening nights like over there?" Ashlyn asked.

"Well I was just like an extra and that too because I literally begged for it- but-" She paused. "The stage is huge. Like twice the one we have at school. And everybody there is so talented and so on top of their game. Some of them are sorta mean, but a lot of them are actually really supportive. Especially the leading lady- Amina- she is a force. Serious role model material. And they never lose their nerve- it's mind-blowing."

"That sounds kind of the best. I'm seriously jealous of you right now," Gina said.

"Oh, c'mon. You're Anna- your big break is tomorrow."

Gina squealed excitedly.

"Seriously, who are you?" Avni asked her.

Gina put on her mean girl face, very reminiscent of the first day they'd met. "Gina Porter, sophomore, transfer student," she said.

Avni stared at her. "I'm not gonna lie- that hurt."

They all laughed as Gina leaned over to hug Avni.

A guy in an orangey-brown jacket (with fringes) and an afro knocked on the door, standing in the doorway. "Excuse me," he said.

The girls cheered for him, Avni guessed because of his outfit. He nodded to himself as he closed the door behind him, waiting for them to get over it.

"Umm, Maddie- can we talk?" he asked. "Alone?"

And then it hit Avni- this must be Jet.

"Hi," she said, outstretching her hand, as the other girls exited the room. "You must be Jet- I'm Avni."

He took her hand. "EJ's girlfriend," he nodded in understanding.

"Yeah," Avni grinned. "It was nice meeting you."

She walked out of the room to see that the other girls had filed up by the window, obviously ready to spy on what was going down inside.

"Should we be spying on them?" Kourtney asked.

"No, we should not," Gina said defiantly.

Ashlyn shushed her, pressing her ear to the wall.

"Hi!" A voice called. "Is Gadget still in there?"

"Holy shit, Madi!" Avni exclaimed.

"Night light!" Madi exclaimed back, and they both hugged. "Didn't think I'd meet you again," Madi said.

"Me neither!" She paused. "Wait what are you doing looking for Gadget?" She asked suspiciously.

"Don't be like that. I'm just here to make amends. Her brother called me. I'm assuming he's got amends to make as well."

Avni nodded, "Be careful, please."

Madi nodded, and walked in to the Honeycomb, but not before- "Hold up, EJ?" she asked Avni suggestively.

Avni shrugged, "It's no big deal."

Madi smiled, "I'm sure it is," she said before walking in.

"Night light?" Gina asked.

"It's my camp nickname." When Gina's expression prompted further expression, she said, "It's none of your business."

Everyone was obviously trying hard not to laugh.

"You can laugh, you guys- I don't mind."

They did. In fact, they were still laughing an hour later.

________________________________________________________

A/n

Basically just a reunion chapter at camp.

Avni's been going to Shallow Lake since she was really young, so obviously she has a camp nickname- back story for Night Light is coming up, stay tuned!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

64.2K 1.6K 41
🎡𖠵 𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙄 𝘼𝙐 𓄹 ᝬ ricky and nini meet at a festival. more specifically. a music festival. they become basically best friends in under a week...
28.6K 573 32
Nini Salazar Roberts is a new girl at East High academy. Ricky Bowen a popular boy sees Nini and immediately develops a crush on her. What happens...
2.5K 72 8
Ricky and Gina spend the majority of the summer apart, choosing to take second chances on other people. The tangled web of miscommunication somehow w...
25.5K 685 69
Ricky Bowen, Nini Salazar-Roberts, E.J. Caswell, and Gina Porter are a group of friends that are part of a bigger group of friends. Their all enroll...