Iniyavale

By Mrinalini_MS

If he was the sky, then she is the moon ! If he was the forest, then she is the flower ! If he was fire, then... More

Prelude
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 20

532 91 76
By Mrinalini_MS

Ashwin and Sivaangi were at the dining table, having their breakfast. He was feeding her and eating too.

Ashwin: Nee irukiye..

Sivaangi: Naa enna pa pannen ?

Ashwin: Nee enna pannala ? Just because you are wearing a light pink tee with white tracks, en wardrobe ah raid panni adhe colour la tee and tracks eduthu vechi irukka....

Sivaangi smiles with a stuffed mouth and he sighs feeding her the next piece of idli.

Sivaangi: Adhellam apdi dhaan pannuven

Ashwin: Pannunga pannunga

They complete their breakfast and move to their living.

Ashwin: Madam, do you remember about the assignment ?

Sivaangi: Irukku...

She whines with a pout and he giggles.

Ashwin: Aprom enna go and start writing.

Sivaangi: Ashwineyyy....

Ashwin: Seri venaam vidu. I thought of taking you to the park at evening if you finish the assignment by then. It's okay paravailla.

Sivaangi's face blooms hearing the word park and she claps her hands in excitement.

Sivaangi: Ashwin kootitu ponga.

Ashwin: Maaten

Sivaangi: please...

Ashwin: I'll take you to the park only if you complete the assignment. Illana no.

Sivaangi slaps his arm with a force and rushes to his room to take her college bag. She comes out with a glaring face and sits on the sofa with the assignment notebook. He laughs hard, rubbing his arm.

Sivaangi: Sirikadhinga....

Ashwin: Seri sirikala. Finish off your assignment. Seekiram mudichita free aagalam la. Paaru un friends ellam mudichitanga.....

Sivaangi: Avangaluku irukku. Mrini vaanga pora enkitta.

Ashwin laughs and gets his laptop to the living. Sivaangi starts her assignment and Ashwin was preparing the notes for coming classes.

One hour passed and both of them were immersed in their work. Sivaangi had finished good number of questions and now she had to workout the questions in her laptop to write the answers.

She saw Ashwin who was busy with his work. She roles a paper, aims and hits it straight on his head. Ashwin gets startled with the hit and saw a glaring Sivaangi.

Sivaangi: loosa ya nee ?

Ashwin: Edheyyy ...

Sivaangi: Pinna what else should I say ? Now I should work out all the line-drawing and circle drawing algorithms, take a printout of the output and stick on the notebook.

Ashwin smiles sheepishly as she rambles about the assignment.

Sivaangi: Siricha adipen ungala. It's just two days you took class and these many questions. Neenga one month class edutha naanga enna aaga ? Assignment eludhiye vaazhkai poidum polaye...

Ashwin rolls on the sofa, laughing his heart out. Sivaangi starts whining seeing him laugh like that. He controls his laugh and calls her to sit next to him.

Ashwin: Paapa..

Sivaangi: Poyaa. Kai ellam valikudhu eludhi.

Ashwin: achachoo

He presses her right palm, saying 'n' number of sorries.

Ashwin: The reason why I gave these is, neenga ippo padicha maari aaidum la. You need not read again illaiya. Adhaan paapa kuduthen.

Sivaangi: Adhuku nu ivlova.

She complaints and he tries to pacify her.

Sivaangi: Ippo naa panna yaaru poi printout eduthutu varuva ?

Ashwin: Naa poren...

Sivaangi: edhuku siramam ungalukku ?

Ashwin stares at her with his raises eyebrows.

Ashwin: sonnangala unkitta ?

Sivaangi sticks out her tongue and walks to the room to get the adapter. She saw a file with few printouts and also a note. She was surprised to see all the printouts of the output neatly filed.

The note read, "Vaaiya polandhadhu podhum. Actually me and Krishna worked together on the problems and got it. Krishna took the printouts for all the three of us and gave it to me this morning. I know you are in sir's house. Incase sir asks you anything, just work out the problems and show him. Avlodhaan. Printout ku engeyum poga vendaam.

Finish off your assignment. Naanga epdi seekiram mudichom nu nee kekalam. Ma naanga inaiki pannala na enaikum panna maatom, sir engala principal kitta kootitu poiduvaru ndra bayathula finish pannitom. Neeyum complete pannidu. Miss you. Take care."

Sivaangi giggles seeing the note and goes to the living. She shows the printouts to Ashwin.

Ashwin: Maa neeye panna dhaana you'll learn. Ippo apdiye stick panniduva adhaana ?

Sivaangi stops him and gives him the note too. Ashwin reads it and chuckles lightly.

Ashwin: Paah paah planning ellam balama irukke.

Sivaangi: That's we sir. So ippo naa andha sheets ah use pannikalama ? I'll work out and show you all the problems in my laptop right now.

Ashwin: Right now ellam theva illa slow va ve pannu ana neeya pannu. You should learn avlodhaan.

Sivaangi: seri ya vaathi...

Ashwin: ennadhu vaathi ya ?

Sivaangi: aama neenga en lecturer dhaana ?

Ashwin: vaai vaai...

Sivaangi hits him on his shoulder and continues with her work.

Ashwin: vara vara romba adikira enna paathukuren.

Sivaangi: enga irundhu vara vara Ashwineyyy ?

Ashwin sighs with a paavam expression and Sivaangi giggles. The best friends continue with their work for another hour with utmost sincerity.

Ashwin takes a break and goes to the kitchen to prepare lunch. He thinks for a while and decides to prepare egg rice, but drops the idea as Sivaangi is a vegetarian. He decides to ask her out.

Ashwin: Sivaangi ma...

Sivaangi: sollunga pa

Ashwin: inga vaayen

Sivaangi runs to the kitchen in a hurry and dashes on him.

Ashwin: medhuva va paapa...

Sivaangi: adha vidunga, edhuku kuptinga

Ashwin: lunch ku enna pannalam ?

Sivaangi taps her forefinger on her chin and thinks for a while. Ashwin folds his arms and gazes at her with a smile.

Sivaangi: ungalukku edhu easy yo adha pannunga.

Ashwin: Veg pulao with raitha okay va ?

Sivaangi: yeahhh. Ashwineyyy apdiye appalam potrunga.

Ashwin laughs and asks her to continue with her assignment as he assembles all the ingredients to prepare vegetables pulao.

Ashwin finishes with cooking and goes to the living to see a half sleepy Sivaangi lying on the sofa. He sits next to her and she shifts her head to his shoulder.

Ashwin: Saaptutu continue pannu ma.

Sivaangi: Illa Ashwin. Two more questions, that's it. Saaputa thookam varum.

Ashwin chuckles and says an okay. She hands him over her laptop to check out the worked out problems and she writes off the remaining questions. Ashwin checks through all the answers and gives a thumbs up.

Ashwin: Perfect Sivaangi. Ellame correct.

Sivaangi roles her sleeves and lifts her imaginary collars. Ashwin folds his hand, bends down a little with a pleading look.

Ashwin: Rowdy paapa, adhaan assignment mudichita la aala vidu. Oru assignment kaaga ethana adi vaanguradhu naanu.

Sivaangi raises her hand and Ashwin closes his eyes in a fraction of second. She chuckles and pinches his cheeks.

Sivaangi: Keep that face, naa adicha maari dhaan.

Ashwin: ohh idhu dhaan technique ah, use aagum.

They laugh and Ashwin feeds her lunch. Sivaangi feels sleepy so he takes her to his room.

Ashwin: Maa sleep now. I'll have my lunch and continue with my work. Evening kootitu poren.

Sivaangi: Ashwin naa unga kooda pesite iruken. If I feel like sleeping, I'll sleep. Ippove venaam.

He agrees and goes to have his lunch. Sivaangi calls Raji to check on Mrini and cuts the call after speaking for a while. She goes out and saw Ashwin with his laptop.

She settles next to him, lying her head on his shoulder. Her arms curl around his shoulders.

Ashwin: Sivaangi sleep if you feel like. Paaru your eyes are drooping.

He continues with his work as she slept soundly.

Ashwin was finally done with the project and turns his head to see her sleeping comfortably. He shifts her head to his lap and caresses her head with a smile. He leans on the headboard and sleeps for a while.

Sivaangi jerks from her sleep two hours later hearing a sound. She gets up to see a paper weight fallen down on the floor. She sighs and saw Ashwin sleeping with parted lips.

She chuckles and pulls his cheeks. He whines and she muffles her laughter by cupping her mouth. Sivaangi makes him sleep properly and goes to wash her face.

She heads to the kitchen to prepare hot chocolates for them. Ashwin gets up and searches for her. He heard sounds from the kitchen and went there.

Ashwin: Sivaangi wait naa podren.

Sivaangi: Naa podren neenga poi face wash pannitu vaanga.

Ashwin: illa....

Sivaangi turns to him with a glare. He gives a frightening look and runs back to his room. Sivaangi laughs seeing his antics and takes the hot chocolates to his room. She settles on the balcony and waits for him.

Ashwin comes out and gets greeted by her illuminating face at the balcony. The setting Sun glorified her face, making her look the prettiest.

Ashwin sits next to her, pulling her cheeks.

Sivaangi gets surprised by his action and raises her eyebrows asking him what. He smiles with a head shake and sips his drink.

Sivaangi: Ashwineyyy park polama ?

Ashwin: Polaam ma. Kudichitu ready aagu. Pakathula dhaan irukku, poitu varalam.

Sivaangi finishes the drink and hops to his room. He chuckles and continues with his drink. He finishes and leaves the room for her to change.

Ashwin waits in the living and she comes in a pink and white floral printed top with matching pink skirt. Silver jhumkas on her ears, her hair left free with few strands held by the clutch, she looked beautiful.

She sits next to him and shakes his arms. Ashwin smiles and nods nothing.

Sivaangi: Shall we go ?

Ashwin: Yes

Sivaangi: one minute.

She opens her bag and gives him his coolers.

Ashwin: hey this is mine. Unkitta epdi ?

Sivaangi: ippo dhaan eduthen. Potutu vaanga.

Ashwin: Pakathu park ku coolers ah. Enna paapa soldra ?

Sivaangi: appo poda maatinga ?

Ashwin: dho potuten.

He wears the coolers and she tugs his arm for a selfie. He obliges and they took a selfie.

Sivaangi: seri enakku anupidunga. Ippo vaanga polaam.

She pulls his arm and he follows her with a stupid smiling face.

Ashwin starts his bike and she hops at the back. Her both hands comfortably settle on his shoulders.

Sivaangi: Ippo paarunga getha irukka.

Ashwin: neenga sonna seri dhaan madam.

He starts the bike and they reach the park. He asks her to move in first and goes to park his bike. Sivaangi goes to the farthest end of the park which had two benches and sits on one of it.

Ashwin comes in search of her and her eyes shine with excitement seeing cotton candy on his hands.

She gets up in a swift and grabs the candy from him. He slaps his forehead seeing her sheepish smile and sits next to her.

Ashwin: Foodie panda

Sivaangi: Proud of that.

They continue bickering but stop hearing a sound. They say an old couple walking clumsily in a random direction. The couple wanted to settle in a place as they were tired.

Ashwin and Sivaangi rush to help them. Ashwin holds the man and Sivaangi holds the woman. They make them sit on their bench and settle beside them. Sivaangi takes her water bottle and makes the woman drink the water and passes it on to Ashwin. Ashwin gives water to the man and they thank them.

Old Man: Romba nandri pa.

Ashwin: Haiyoo naanga onnume pannala thatha.

Old Woman: Illa pa idhu romba periya udhavi.

Sivaangi looks at them with glistening eyes. Ashwin extends his arms to wipe away her tears and asks her to take care of them. He goes to the nearby tea shop and gets them two piping hot teas and plates of bajjis.

Sivaangi saw him carrying with difficult and walks to him. She takes the bajjis and settles next to them.

Sivaangi: paati idha saapdunga.

The couple have the bajji in a hurry as they were hungry. Ashwin felt pity looking at them and saw a sad face of Sivaangi.

Sivaangi got reminded of the days she stayed alone and had none to talk. Though she stayed in a huge mansion, she had to wait for a long time to have little food. Deprived of love, she had to be blind to her relatives to save herself from their wrath. Ashwin sensed her discomfort and decided to ease the situation.

Ashwin: Thatha, naa onnu kekata ?

Old Man: Kelu paa...

Ashwin: Ungala sandosha paduthura vishayam edhu ?

Old Man: Vinu, unakku paatu pudikum dhaana ?

Old Woman: Aama nga

Man: Thambi, Vinu ku paatu pudikum pa.

Ashwin: ohh paati ya ketu dhaan solluvingalo ?

The couple blush, making Sivaangi smile too.

Ashwin: Thatha kooda oru ponnu irukka, semmaya paaduva.

Sivaangi: Adhellam illa thatha.

Ashwin: Poi soldra thatha. Ava paaduva irunga. Sivaangi ma come on.

Sivaangi: Then join me Ashwin.

Ashwin: illa neeye paadu...

Sivaangi: enna paatu pa ?

Ashwin: your wish ma.

Sivaangi: seri ready ya ?

Ashwin: ready....

*******************************
Cupid: "Naanum ready"

"Paatu kacheri nadakum, unakku eppo thonudho amba vidu da..."

Cupid: "Happada control nammakitta vandhuduchu. Readers ey get ready for the second arrow with colour orange symbolising vibrance and positivity.
*******************************
Ashwin takes out his phone to take a video and Sivaangi felt something different seeing him. Maybe she wants him to stay beside her during her last phase of her life. Maybe she wants to live like the old couple who, despite suffering held hands and saw each other with love. The cupid aimed the orange arrow and her confused mind boosted his confidence to shoot the arrow. He shot it right into her heart and she jerked with a smile. She saw Ashwin who raised his eyebrows and she shakes her head saying nothing.

She cleared her throat and starts...

Thediya tharunangal ellam
Thediyae varukirathae
Dhegathin surukangal ellam
Sirikindrathae

The old couple blush and Ashwin smiles behind the phone screen, recording her singing.

Vandhathum vazhndhathum
Kan munnae therikirathae
Andha naal gnyabagam
Nenjilae pookkirathae

Baaram paintha nenjukulae
Eeram paiyuthae...
Naraigalum marainthidavae

Ashwin was lost completely and his head swayed to her rhythm. Sivaangi kept her gaze fixed on him and continues singing.

Venpani malarae...
Un iru vizhiyal...

Ashwin lifted his eyes from the screen and saw her. The cupid found this time to be the best and shot the orange arrow right into his heart, finishing the second colour orange.

Venpani malarae
Un vaasam uyiril
Puthu swavasam tharuthae

The setting Sun, her radiating face, the giggles and murmurs of the people who surrounded hearing her singing everything made her look like a busy angel from paradise, entertaining her fellow souls. He was at a loss of words as he lost himself in her.

Un iru vizhiyal
En aaiyul reghai
Puthu vazhvu peruthae

Ashwin stops recording and cupped his cheek admiring her and shaking his head to her voice. Sivaangi smiles and flutters her eyes close as she continues....

Kalangal oiyntha pinnum
Kaadhal enna
Valibam theintha pinnum
Kucham dhaan enna

Katril parakkum kathaadi nanae
Ettu vayathaai koothaadinenae
Kaintha ilai naan pachai aanen
Paalaivanam naan neer vizhchi aanen

The cupid dusts his hands off and grins seeing the affected them. Ashwin's eyes forgot to blink as they were completely filled with her.

Katril parakkum kathaadi nanae
Ettu vayathaai koothaadinenae
Kaintha ilai naan pachai aanen
Paalaivanam naan neer vizhchi aanen

Sivaangi finished and the crowd cheered with loud applause. The old lady kissed her forehead and mentally blessed them, "nooru varusham nalla irukanum..."

Old Man: inimayana kural ma unakku. Kaaya patta manasuku aarudhala irundhuchu.

Sivaangi bends down to get his blessings and the old man brings his shaking hand to her head. Ashwin guides his hand and holds his as he blessed her.

Ashwin: Thatha neenga enga thangi irukinga ?

Old man: Ashramam pa. Konja dhooram thaan.

Ashwin: seri vaanga vittutu varen. Sivaangi will you wait here ?

Sivaangi: paa naanum varene...

Ashwin: seri va..

Ashwin and Sivaangi hold the old couples hands and walk out of the park. Ashwin stops an auto and asks the three of them to sit and he sits next to the driver. It was a short drive and they reach the old age home. They drop them and ask the manager to take care of them, promising to pay an amount for their additional care.

The old couple saw them walking holding their hands with happy faces. Ashwin and Sivaangi reach back to the park in the same auto and decide to go back home. He starts his bike and Sivaangi sits at the back. She saw Ashwin smiling unusually and pats his shoulders.

Ashwin: Sollu ma

Sivaangi: en apdi sirikiringa ?

Ashwin: therilaye. Andha thatha paati ya paathadhu, nee paadunadhu ellame made me feel overwhelmed.

Sivaangi: shave pannadhu naala your dimples are seen clearly. Avlo cute ah irukku...

Ashwin chuckles and continues riding.

Sivaangi: aanalum romba sirichite varinga Ashwineyyy. Evlo happy ya irukinga nu enkitta kaatunga....

Ashwin: Kaatita pochu.

He parks the bike in a deserted road and sighs her to get down. Sivaangi becomes excited when he rolls his sleeves and takes a step back.

Ashwin: Katril parakkum kathaadi nanae
Ettu vayathaai koothaadinenae
Kaintha ilai naan pachai aanen
Paalaivanam naan neer vizhchi aanen

His stretched arms did waves in the air as he sang looking at her. Sivaangi claps her hands with a grin and he pulls her to dance as well.

Katril parakkum kathaadi nanae
Ettu vayathaai koothaadinenae
Kaintha ilai naan pachai aanen
Paalaivanam naan neer vizhchi aanen

Venpani malarae
Un vaasam uyiril
Puthu swavasam tharuthae

Un iru vizhiyal
En aaiyul reghai
Puthu vazhvu peruthae

They sang and danced, with the street lamp, half gibbous Luna and twinkling stars witnessing it. The cupid secretly saw them and did a dance as the arrow affected them.

Ashwin and Sivaangi's heart swelled for each other but couldn't figure out the exact reason. They lived the moment, not focusing on any sort of confusions.

Ashwin cups her face and dashed his forehead on hers, bringing a smile on her face and she pulled his cheeks. The sky darkened further and he starts the bike to reach home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello bunnies ! After a long time, lecturer student duo are back. Here is the next chapter from Iniyavale.

Hope you all didn't forget this story. Extremely sorry for making you all wait. My schedule and mood fluctuations equally contributed to the delay. Sorry paa *puppy eyes*

Wishing you all a very happy new year. Let 2023 bring you all lots of fortunes, good lucks, successes and tons and tons of love. Let's manifest for the year to be a game changer in the best way possible.

If the update satisfies your expectations, please do vote and comment.

Also I have started a new story, "When Love Finds You" please do check out in my profile in your free time. I'll be updating the first chapter there within an hour.

I am so so happy for Sembi. Mass pannita na nee. I wish and manifest that 2023 should be the best for them. Love you both.

Thank you and love you all.

Anbudan,
Mrinalini 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 21.9K 50
#ashaangi . . this is purely fiction..... the characters in the story are real....but the story is entirely fictional. This is an ashaangi story. Ca...
12.7K 1.2K 33
காதல் என்ற வார்த்தையையே வெறுக்கும் நாயகன், தன் மனதிற்கு பிடித்தவளை சந்திக்கும்போது, காதலில் விழாமலா போய்விடுவான்? தனக்கு ஏற்பட்டிருந்த கசப்பான அனுபவத...
39.4K 6.2K 28
Sithara Raghuvaran, a 21 year old girl who is broken, scared and struggling hard to get used to the new world which looks straight opposite to the wo...
20.8K 861 57
💞குடும்பத்திற்காக காதலை மறைக்கும் ஒருத்தி, அவளது அன்பு புரிந்தும், அவளது நிராகரிப்பின் காரணத்தை ஏற்க முடியாமல் தவிக்கிறான் ஒருவன். தந்தையின் வார்த்...