H.E.R. |d.e

By Maliyahwrites

Having everything revealed More

I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII

VI

2.1K 131 32
By Maliyahwrites

Kairo kept still as a sleeping Sade laid on his chest with their legs entangled, he mindlessly ran his hand through her hair before squeezing her body closer to him, his home had been Sade's home for the past couple of days giving them an tremendous amount of time to learn each other. Sade wasn't much of a morning person but Kairo was usually up at the crack of dawn. He would lie awake for hours as he waited for Sade to get up. The sun peaked through the black silk curtains instantly making Sade roll around in the bed that engulfed her with pillows.

Sade now eyed him as he stood at his mirror cuffing his freshly ironed dress shirt speaking at low volume to someone on the phone, Kairo knew Sade now laid awake and quickly ended his business call before glancing back at her "Good Morning Mocha"

Sade stretched now with her back resting against his headboard "Good morning"

"I would say there's breakfast downstairs but I can't cook" Kairo joked honestly

Sade laughed "I can make us breakfast? Or your heading out?" She questioned since he was getting dressed

Pausing from what he was doing he headed to the bed taking a seat as his hand rested on her leg "I am heading out. But how about you make us dinner?"

With a nod Sade pushed the cover down preparing to get up "I can do that. I should get going too then"

Kairo quickly halted her actions "I want you to stay"

Sade had never been left alone in his home before and the spacious penthouse had her a little timid"Kairo-"

"I'll only be gone for a few hours. Cynthia my maid is here, she will be at your assistance if you need anything" Sade sighed, although the offer didn't sound unpleasant Sade never wanted nor liked being a leech. "Come on I even have a bookshelf you can look through" 

"Only because I've been eyeing it" Sade caved in

"Then it's settled" Kairo said standing up "See you tonight Mocha"

"See you tonight" Sage smiled watching him start to leave she called after him just as he made the door "Hey Kairo. Thank you"

"It's nothing." He shrugged
-
The dim illuminated lights that flicked every so often lead the way as Kairo swiftly made his way into the abandoned building with Giovanni along side him carrying a black duffel bag that filled with multiple bricks of cocaine. Approaching the round table that was already occupied by others the two brothers grabbed a seat.

"Mr. Deluca it's always nice to see you. I see you have company but it's not who owes me"

"We're here on behalf of Jahdiel" Kairo simply let out signifying no physical meeting with Jahdiel was optional

Sylvester took a puff from his cigar letting the smoke fill the room "He's man enough to steal from me but not man enough to face me?"

"He's a fucking kid you had no business messing around with him anyway"

"He's a grown man Kairo"

Kairo shook his head " Yeah fucking right. He's barley fucking wet behind the ears. Look at the predicament you're in now"

Sylvester threw his hands not willing to take any accountability "All I did was try to help him, I never wanted it to go sour. But law is law you out of all people should know that especially you Giovanni"

Kairo cut his eyes at Sylvester intervening before Giovanni could retort "Cut the fucking bullshit. After this you leave our cousin alone ight? He don't owe you shit"  With a signal of a finger Giovanni tossed the bag across the table making Sylvester have to react quickly "Call it even"

Sylvester ashed out his cigar before unzipping the bag when his eyes was met with the contents in the bag he shook his head "Fellas. Jahdiel owes me way more than whatever you think this is worth. I will spare him on behalf of your father but he will owe me for life"

Kairo laughed. He tried to reason with the man but the greed that radiated off of Sylvester put him in a bad place "I tried to spare you on behalf of our partnership , but family first" Kairo stated as he pulled his gun from his waist band remembering the saying his father use to tell him.

Two in the chest
One in the head

Giovanni sucked his teeth as Sylvester slumped over the chair lifelessly "I was supposed to shoot"

"Grab the bag Gio and let's go" Kairo swiftly handed the gun off to Bo as he wiped it down clean entering the car service that was parked outside he waited for Giovanni to join him.

"That's what I'm talking about! We look out for family" Giovanni boasted anytime blood was shed on the other side. It was an adrenaline rush and Gio was addicted to violence.

"This is the last time we help him. You make sure that gets through to him" Kairo said firmly doing his best to not let his brothers foolishness bother him

"He gets it" Giovanni defended

Kairo chuckled "Does he?"

"Why you tripping so hard"

"I'm tripping because killing him means we're loosing out on millions of fucking dollars"

Giovanni mugged Kairo"Everything's about money with you. Just like your father that's how you lost Sydney"

Kairo's hands moved faster than his brain as he quickly jerked Giovanni up "I'm about my business and whatever the fuck Jahdiel calls himself doing isn't  good for that or my pockets" Pushing Giovanni by his jacket Kairo fixed his own dress shirt "Don't mention her again Giovanni or I will kill you"

The untouched subject. Giovanni knew the right buttons to push when going at it with his brother and vice versa. But everyone knew the mention of Sydney LaBell was the lowest of lows. "Get your ass out of my car" Kairo said sternly as he kept his eyes straight ahead

"You gonna put me out on the side of the road?" Kairo gave Giovanni no response enforcing Giovanni to exit the vehicle once it came to a stop. Kairo exhaled deeply trying to calm himself down before he reached his home, he had been anticipating getting back there. All day he wondered if Sade ended up staying or did she leave as soon as he left.

The whole elevator ride he weighed different scenarios until he reached his floor. Upon entering he could hear faint jazz music coming from his living room where he found Sade sitting on the floor in front of his gold vinyl record player as her bottom rested on a plush pillow. She had a glass of wine in her hand as she swayed to the music with her eyes trained on one of the many books she had laid across the floor. "I see you've made good of your time" Kairo said announcing his presence. As always he held a dozen of pink lilies causing a smile to be embedded on Sade's face.

"Yes I did a little snooping" she laughed kissing his cheek as she took the flowers that were extended to her. "I'm surprised at your music taste"

Kairo raised an eyebrow as he grabbed one of the records "My father raised me on this music plus my mother use to sing in a local jazz group"

Sade eyes widened "Wow that's amazing. I just know she could sing"

Kairo laughed slightly reminiscing "Yeah she could sing the house down. Her voice was real soulful."

"Was?" Sade questioned

His smile immediately faded "Yeah a drunk driver hit her car one night when she was coming home from performing"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked"

"It's okay. You didn't know. How's the book?" He pointed

"I'll give it a strong five right now I'm only on chapter nine."

"And the wine?" He teased

"Oh this? Definitely a ten" Sade smiled "By the way I also took a shower and stole one of your shirts"

Kairo eyed her in his white T-shirt that covered her slim thighs just enough "Its fine I'm glad you made yourself comfortable I'm going to go shower then we can have dinner" he informed her as he leaned down for a kiss. Sade found herself placing her lips on his gently as he held he's pendant looped on his chain from colliding with her face.

Sade watched him ascend upstairs as she brought the glass to her lips. She listened to a few more records before cleaning up her area and heading upstairs where Kairo was sitting on his bed with a towel wrapped around his waist. His face was scrunched up in distress as he hung up the phone carelessly tossing it. Sade climbed behind him grabbing the oil from him and massaging it into his back  "Why are you so tense?"

"I'm drained Mocha it's a lot going on" Kairo vented as he sighed at the feeling of her hands working the kinks out of his muscular back

"Then you should take a break. Some time for you"

"No one's good if I take a break. I'm fine I handle it just fine"

Sade shook her head at his dismissive tone "You're no good to anyone if your burnt out."

Kairo nodded as he let her words resonate with him for a moment "Let's go to Italy"

Sade froze her hands laying flat on his back as she raised her eyebrow "What?"

Kairo looked over his shoulder briefly "If I need a break I know you need one. It'll be a good get away escape our problems.

"Sounds nice but either way when I get back problems are still going to be here"

Kairo shrugged "Just think about it, it'll be fun"

Sade wrapped her arms around him hugging him "I'll think about it. Now what are we eating?
-

Sade was dressed down as she joined her sister Suri for a quick bite to eat, it wasn't rare for the two of them to get together to catch up on each other' lives since that didn't happen at family events or holidays since Sade didn't attend. Her father had a way of making her feel less than and the imaginary competition he had his kids in just wasn't right. Sade loved her mother but she stood by every decision her husband made and Sade couldn't respect that.

"I'm just saying dad is dad"

Sade rolled her eyes "That's easy for you to say"

It was no secret that Suri was a "daddy's girl"  she tried to understand where her younger sister Sade was coming from but she just couldn't. "What's that supposed to mean Sade? Can you really be mad at him for wanting you to have a stable career?"

"I can be mad at him for not supporting my dreams. I can be pissed off that he thinks he has control over what I decide to do at my grown age"

"At your grown age with his money."

"Excuse you? I haven't received a dime from him in years everyone doesn't get the Suri treatment" Sade let out frustratedly

"Wow the Suri treatment?" She responded clearly offended

"You're spoiled you've always have been. Truth is you let him dictate your life just so you won't get cut off."

Suri shrugged if you asked her she was playing it smart, she would tolerate her controlling father just to reap the benefits she felt like Sade brought a lot of stuff on herself and then played victim. She didn't know why her sister was so obsessed with being  free. Money never impressed Sade she was always humble even though she grew up wealthy, it was harder for her father to manipulate her.

"Whatever Sade. Looks fade and so will your modeling career" Suri tried to reason with her sister

"You know what. Let's not talk about it. How's Samir?" Sade knew her Suri would defend their father regardless so she simply changed the subject asking about thier younger brother

Suri rolled her eyes " Being a dirty a little boy. Nothing new"

Sade laughed knowing Samir got under Suri's skin just for the hell of it "Still in basketball?"

"Yeah. You should come to a game he misses you"

Sade sighed at the mention, because she wasn't as close to her parents that did take a toll on their relationship simply because he was still under age and under their roof "I will. One of these days"

"Mhh. I won't tell him you said that" Suri shaded knowing Sade made promises in the pass and never fell though with any of them

"You know what Suri you're really pissing me off" Sade let out while poking her cheek with her tongue. It's like everything she said her sister found something flaw in it

"Because you don't like hearing the truth" Suri doubled down

Sade shook her head aggressively going in her purse for loose cash, slapping a hundred on the table she got up leaving her sister sitting there "No I don't like hearing bullshit"

After this horrible lunch Sade was contemplating on taking Kairo up on that offer to Italy.
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.2K 77
π‘¬π’—π’†π’“π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’ƒπ’†π’•π’˜π’†π’†π’ 𝒖𝒔 π’Šπ’” π’„π’π’π’‡π’Šπ’…π’†π’π’•π’Šπ’‚π’ ✨
36.2K 1.6K 16
Book 2 of Her Skin
2K 22 12
Best friends turn into lovers .. that's all you need to know.
41.3K 2K 45
****WARNING: THIS STORY INCLUDES MATURE CONTENT****