UnKnown(PUBLISHED)

Autorstwa JamaicanAuthor

In the fantasy world of Andromeda, twins are pretty rare. But when they are born, each twin is good and bad... Więcej

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Epilogue
This book is now published on Amazon

Fifteen

3 0 0
Autorstwa JamaicanAuthor

A game. A fucking game! Does this look like a game to you? No, it's not. This is a life-or-death situation, and she's making it out to be a game. She captured my parents or, well, our parents for a game. She even caught Rylan, and now we are all stuck in this cabin for who knows why.

"What do you want? We're playing your stupid games. I'm getting my memories back like you want!" I swung my hands up. Fay kept standing where she was, staring at us. She looked over at Meadow, who stood behind the both of us.

"Hello Meadow.. how are you?" Fay completely ignored Rylan and I. Meadow cleared her throat, looking at Fay.

"Don't ask questions. What do you want?" Meadow narrowed her eyes, her voice stern. Fay scoffed, shifting her position a bit but not much.

"I'm just trying to make conversation here, guys. I haven't seen Meadow or my sister in forever. You know how horrible it was in that jail? Did you even remember me, Meadow? Did you feel sorry for me?" Fay questioned, stepping toward us.

"Sorry for you? You deserved it! You could not control your powers. I trained you every single day, gave you as much advice, as much yoga to do to calm your nerves, and still you went haywire. All I wanted was for you two to live a peaceful life." Meadow answered, stepping in between Rylan and me. Her eyes filled with something I could not comprehend.

"Do you know how I felt? Being in that jail... surrounded by other twins." Fay questioned, her voice softening.

"Other twins? We're not the only ones?"

"Of course, we're not." Fay laughed. "Twins are rare, my beloved sister, so it's been a prophecy of evil and good."

There were other twins... Evil twins were locked away in the same jail she was in, which means there must be good twins around. I wondered if I ever met someone without realizing it. I wouldn't have realized it either, would they?

"So.. if there are other twins, how come you were the only one that escaped?" I questioned, wanting to know the answers. Fay grinned, looking up through her eyelashes. "Answer me!"

"How about I show you instead?"

As if on cue, a portal opened up beside us, but only I was thrown in, not exactly knowing where it was taking me. It was all too fast of motion. Hitting a hard ground, my eyes closed for a second from the impact. It took me a minute to get myself off of the floor, but as I did, two guys grabbed a hold of me. I didn't have time to struggle or even react as I was dragged into a building and thrown into a cell.

"Thought you could run away, huh? It's stupid of you to show your face again. We'll make sure you don't escape this time!" One of the guards yelled before turning his back on me. I immediately stood up, grabbing hold of the bars as I tried to get the guard's attention.

"You have the wrong person! I'm not supposed to be here." I told him, but he only scoffed and continued standing there. With no avail of him moving or unlocking the door, I sat on the long wooden bed in the corner. The only object that they had in this cell. Closing my eyes, I tried to imagine myself back where Rylan and Meadow were or at least somewhere close to them, but as I did, electricity shot throughout my body. I screamed, falling onto the floor as I held myself.

"Don't bother trying to use your abilities. I guess you never learn, Fay. This place has a barrier, so you can not use your abilities." The guard explained, laughing as he looked into the cell at me. So that was it, huh? He thinks I'm Fay and that I somehow ended up back here. Well then, I'll have to play pretend and get the hell out of here. I pushed myself back onto my feet, huffing a bit at the pain of the electricity before climbing into the wooden bed. With all of the events that happened today, I did not even realize night had fallen upon us.

I'll get you for this, Fay.

I stared up at the ceiling, too focused to even fall asleep.

...
"Wake up! Let's go!" A guard yelled as I was roughly pulled out of my slumber. Remembering where I was, I hauled myself off the bed, twisting my body until it cracked before looking over at the guard and the opened gate. I could run for it, but would I make it far? I do not know the layout nor how many guards might be around.

"Don't think about running. You won't get anywhere." It was like the guard read my mind. I sighed, following him out. I was made to stand against the wall like everyone else was while the guards searched the cell. It was not like I could hide anything or even try to escape, as there was barely anything in the cell in the first place. Once the guards checked, they motioned for everyone to start moving. If I remember correctly, this fantasy jail was called Phoenix Asylum. I only knew because we read about it in class, so I guess I knew something about my world without realizing it. Phoenix Asylum looked different from a regular inmate. It was more dark and hellish, with a massive chandelier above us as we walked past it.

There were more twins than I thought was possible. Maybe a hundred? There are too many for me to count. I know Meadow said twins were rare, but holy, they did not seem rare to me. But again, it's been who knows how long since then. So there were children, adults, and older people who looked like they'd been stuck here for too long. Yet Fay escaped somehow. And now I have to do the same. We were led into a room with tables scattered around and three ladies standing behind a glass with food in front of them, so I would only assume this was where we would be eating. So this was just like a regular prison but fantasy-like. Following the others, we all got in line to get food.

"Fay.. psst. Dude, I know you can hear me!" A female voice hissed from behind me. I almost forgot who I was supposed to be pretending to be. Turning my head, I made eye contact with the female behind me. She was much taller than me, standing at about 5 '8, with red hair that stopped at her shoulders, and her almond-shaped eyes were the same color as her hair, which intrigued me as I never saw anybody with that type of eye color, but it fit her brown complexion so well. The female was well built with broad shoulders and a tiny waist but still had enough curves to catch a male's gaze, thick thighs, and possibly an excellent asset.  Her muscles were popping out as she had her arms across her chest.

"Are you going to keep staring at me, or will you tell me how the hell you ended up back here? You were supposed to find your twin, remember? Don't tell me I helped you escape for nothing!" The female whispered as she nudged me forward to keep the line moving. I cleared my throat, racking my brain on what to say. I could get information from this person and get her to help me escape. Obviously, Fay made friends with her.

"Yeah, about that... My parents ended up catching me before I could get to her and ended up throwing me back here. So I may need help escaping again." I gave out the excuse. Hopefully, she believed it. I did not know what else to say. The female stayed quiet for a while, just standing there, making me believe she thought I was joking.

"I'll help you, but it's going to be much harder this time now that they know you escaped once. You'll have all eyes on you." The female finally responded as she ran her fingers through her hair. I sighed in relief that my excuse was believable before grabbing a tray and holding it out as the food was placed onto it. It wasn't anything good, but it should fill my stomach up nonetheless. The female motioned me toward a table where it was only us two sitting there. I realized I never got her name and wondered how I would ask for it without her realizing that I wasn't Fay.

"I was so close. I had everything planned out, even emails sent out to my father. Yet they were prepared." I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration, keeping the act up of how Fay would react to getting caught. I started eating the food, sticking my tongue out every once in a while as it wasn't all that good, but I needed something in my system. I realized since yesterday morning, I hadn't eaten anything as I was too worried about getting to Rylan and Fay. I grabbed the juice that came along with the food and drank the whole thing.

"Guess you've been quite hungry, huh?" The female questioned as she watched as I ate. It was weird being watched, so I pushed my tray aside, wiping whatever was left on my face before turning my attention to everyone else in the area. It was almost like high school, where everyone had their own little friend group. Was this girl a loner or popular but didn't like the attention, so she kept to herself?

"Sevyn!" A male voice called out. I looked over just in time to see a male throw his arm over the female's shoulder. Her name was Sevyn. That was easy enough. My eyes then focused on the boy who hadn't noticed my presence yet. Even he had unnatural hair color and eyes. Purple hair that was short in the back but long in the front that framed his brown complexion,  orange eyes that looked dead, and freckles scattered across his nose. I had also noticed a deep scar across his cheek. His physique was similar to Sevyn's but way more muscular. Even as we sat, the male hovered over us like a shadow, so I could only assume he was about six feet tall. His aura was welcoming until his eyes landed on mine, and suddenly, they hardened, and everything about his atmosphere died.

"What the fuck? I thought you were gone. Why the fuck did you come back!?" His voice boomed, causing a couple of heads to turn toward us. My eyes widened, confused at the sudden turn of tone before it clicked in my head. Fay must have made a couple of enemies in this prison. Sevyn was already up and holding the male back from coming over to me, but I stood up myself, eyes narrowing at him.

"Atlas, chill out. Her parents caught her, and they threw her back in there. I'm helping her escape again." Sevyn explained, slightly shoving the man back as he tried pushing past her. The male, who I now know was Atlas, huffed, pointing a finger at me.

"She should have stayed her ass out! Her parents should have killed her or something!" Atlas growled, pulling his hand back to his side as he looked from me to Sevyn. "Everything was fine until she came along, and then you left-" His eyes landed back on me. "I was so happy. But now you're back to ruining things all over again!" He pushed Sevyn away and rushed over to me, but I dodged right in time as he threw a punch. I looked over at the guards to see if they would do anything, but it was like this entertained them. Distracted, another force landed on my cheek, and I stumbled backward. I spit out the blood, wiping my mouth before rushing forward to throw my punch, but then Sevyn stepped in, grabbing Atlas by the collar of his shirt and grabbing my punch before it could connect.

"Enough! Both of you!" Sevyn yelled as we were starting to have a crowd form around us. I hadn't even noticed the group as I was angry about this whole ideal. I had no idea what Fay had gotten herself into while being here, but I sure as hell would not be dealing with it. Sevyn looked over at Atlas as she let us go, placing a hand on his shoulder as she spoke, "She's one of us. Don't forget that."

"The hell she is!" Atlas huffed, shoving Sevyn's hand off him before storming out of the cafeteria. Good riddance for that, but now the guards were shouting for everyone to finish up their meals and head outside if they wanted to have some time to themselves before they were shoved back into their cell. Before Sevyn could say anything to me, I walked back over to my tray and threw the remainder of the food away before walking out of the cafeteria and following the rest of the twins outside.

The yard was huge, much bigger than a playground or the schoolyard, yet everything was still dead. High walls surrounded the yard to ensure no one could climb over and escape. There was no grass anywhere as we walked on the concrete floor, some of it chipping off as everyone ran around doing their own thing. Some talked amongst each other, enjoying the cool air; others were doing exercises, some sat around doing nothing, and others found items on the floor to use as games. Sevyn eventually caught up to me as she hooked her arm onto mine, tugging me toward one of the broken walls and sitting down against it.

"Ignore Atlas. You know how he can be." Sevyn told me as she glanced at the grumpy male across the yard from us. He was on the ground doing exercises such as push-ups and sit-ups. A girl had approached him, her lips moving, but I couldn't tell what was being said. I could tell the conversation was about me because our eyes met, and just like Atas, the girl's demeanor completely changed when she saw me. I rolled my eyes at them before looking away and back toward Sevyn, who was using a rock to draw on the ground. "And ignore Nyx too. They both hold huge grudges. We know that already."

"They act like I wanted to come back," I grumbled, running my fingers through my hair as I glanced up at the sky. "Enough about them. How are you going to help me escape?"

Sevyn stopped her drawing and threw the rock across from her. It hit somebody, but she didn't react to the person who was cussing her out for it. Sevyn pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them as she hummed in thought. I figured she would have had a game plan already, considering this did not look like her first rodeo of trying to escape, and with how long it has been, wouldn't Sevyn know the layout of this entire place? Sevyn finally lifted her head, looking over at me.

"Like I said, it will be much harder now that they know you escaped once. Our normal tactic is not going to work. If anything, being sneaky is not going to cut it." Sevyn finally responded, shrugging her shoulders. What exactly could she be implying? As if reading my mind, she leaned over, bringing her lips toward my ear. "You may have to fight your way out. When the time is right, of course."She whispered. She then pulled away, a grin splattered across her face as if the idea she gave me was the best idea she ever had. I stared at her, flabbergasted, before shaking my head.

"You're crazy if you think I will fight my way out of this. Figure something else out." I pushed myself up off the ground, dusting myself off. Sevyn followed suit, stretching her arms above her head before flinging her arm over my shoulder.

"Then stay here and suffer. The choice is up to you, honestly." Sevyn shrugged her shoulders as we started walking around the yard. There was not much to do outside, but it was nice not to be stuck in a cell instead the whole day. When the hour was up, we were sent back into our cell for the remainder of the evening, but all I could think of was if Rylan and Meadow were okay that I needed to get out of here.

Fast.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

7.5K 308 37
Warning: Violence, swearing, abuse, and other sensitive topics - Read at your own discretion --------------- Fate can be cruel. Especially when an...
2.5K 130 32
Arianna Collins is mortal. Or so she thought. It's not easy living among five super siblings when she's only human. Living in a neighbourhood reserve...
13.7K 656 15
Second in the Blessed Princess Series: A princess' expected delicacy. That was the gift that Andromeda's godmother gave to her on her name day. It ca...
695K 34.6K 50
❝𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒕, 𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒕.❞ (the stars incline us, they do not bind us.) ━━━━━━━━━━ 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉�...