WAS IT ALL FAKED?

Af Moonsserenity

Travis Orleans is a 26 years old mafia, who is arranged to marry his father's close friend's daughter, Ray La... Mere

Author's note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 3

46 4 0
Af Moonsserenity

The next morning, Ray woke up and stretched her arms. She looked around the room and found Travis combing his hair while standing in front of his dresser.

"Good morning Ray, how was your sleep?", asked Travis with a small smile, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"Morning Travis, I slept well", she greeted him back in a sleepy voice.

"That's good to know. I wanted to tell you that we have our wedding reception tonight here in the mansion. The beautician and hairdresser will be here by 6 pm. And the best designer attires have already arrived. After eating breakfast, come with me so that we can finalize a pair from those."

"Okay. Just give me a few minutes to freshen up."

"I'll be downstairs then. Come downstairs for breakfast once you are done."

After she was done with her morning routine, she walked downstairs to the dining room to have her breakfast with Travis.

"Oh, you're here? What would you like to have? We've got scrambled eggs, toast, orange juice, peanut butter, some salad, cereal, and waffles", said Travis, as he pointed out all the dishes set on the table.

"Woah! Isn't this a lot? How will we finish eating all this", Ray asked worriedly.

Travis chuckled. "This is your first breakfast here and I did not know what you like to eat. So, I got everything prepared. Don't worry, the food will not be wasted. All the untouched remaining food will be distributed among the servants of the house."

A light blush crept onto raised cheeks when she realised that Travis prepared such a royal breakfast keeping in mind that it was her first breakfast in their house. She sat down and started eating some waffles.

"You're eating very little, Ray. Eat some more. Here, try this toast. I have put peanut butter on it", Travis said as he passed her the toast.

"Thank you", she said with a soft smile.

After having an exquisite breakfast, the couple moved to the front hall where the most lavish designs were hung. These designs were specifically designed the top designers from all over the world.

"There are so many of these", Ray said, as her jaw dropped.

Travis cackled lightly at her naive remarks.

They looked through all the sets one by one, mesmerized by all the colors.

'All of these are so rich and pretty that it is very difficult to select one from all these', thought Ray confusedly.

Meanwhile, Travis had his eyes caught on one. It was a beautiful deep maroon gown and a velvet suit. He looked at some other options but that color had taken his heart. He looked at her, who was standing holding three gowns together against her body, looking at her reflection in the mirror to see if the color suited her.

"Ray, this maroon one looks flawless. What do you think about it", he asked her.

"It is really cute but I am baffled. All these designs are so pretty", Ray said, looking at the gowns she selected.

"Ray, can we both wear this one for tonight, please?", Travis requested her again.

Being a sweetheart, she immediately said yes.

"We can if you like it so much", she said with a smile that gave Travis butterflies.

He had accepted the fact by then that he had started falling for his angelic wife.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I am sure that this color will look ravishing on you."

It was evening now, and Ray was being dolled up by the hairdressers and the beauticians for their wedding reception.

"Ma'am, what shade of lipstick would you like to wear? Nudes or something else", the beautician asked.

Ray was about to reply but was cut off by a masculine voice that came from the door.

"I would like to see her wearing the matte maroon shade with the gown on", Travis said.

She looked at him with her doe eyes.

"Travis, I don't want to wear that maroon. It will be too much and I will look like a vampire", she explained very seriously but Travis laughed.

It was not his fault though, as Ray looked adorable whenever she expressed herself. She looked endearing in every emotion that she showed.

"Okay, as you wish but still just let me look at you with that shade once, I think that you will look gorgeous in it, please", he pressed the last word, and pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Okay, if you are requesting so much", Ray said in a fake pompous tone making Travis chortle again.

The beautician applied that maroon shade on her lips while her hair was already curled beautifully by the hairdresser. And then, when the beautician called Travis in to look at Ray's final look, he stood there and froze.

Ray looked so stunning in that look and that lip shade made the look complete. Travis had his jaw dropped on the floor, thinking how someone could be so sexy and angelic at the same time. She looked like the Goddess of Hell.

"Oh my God, Ray you look beautiful. I told you that this lip shade will look stunning on you, see? You look like you own the world right now. And trust me, the whole world will bow down effortlessly to such beauty", he said with admiration.

Ray started blushing to hear such an appraisal.

"Am I looking that beautiful", Ray asked shyly, while Travis nodded with a beautiful smile.

"Thank you", she said, her cheeks covered in blush.

The couple stood there for a long moment, just admiring each other. The moment looked so beautiful but suddenly, Travis frowned.

"I don't know why, but it feels like I have someone who looks like this somewhere. As if I had a strong memory of these but I don't know where", said Travis with a confused look, as he pressed his temples.

"Maybe you would have seen a model with a similar look in a TV commercial or some movie. Or maybe you could have seen this in a fashion runway show", said Ray while shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, maybe. But let's forget it right now, and let me get ready to pair with my stunning wife", said Travis with a flirty grin making Ray giggle, but inside he was still thinking about why he found her resembling someone.

'It's not your face, Ray. It's your lips. They look memorable. But lips can't be the only clue, right? Wait! Your face below the nose, wholly represents someone whom I have known but I don't know who she was. I can't seem to remember her. Who does she resemble so much suddenly? And why did I only think of it when she was wearing that maroon lip shade? Am I overthinking? Dang, maybe this is the post-marriage stress that everybody talked about. I think I am turning insane', thought Travis while getting ready in his suit in the bathroom.

"Travis, how long will you take?", asked Ray and Travis came outside just to see that she had put on a different shade. His eyes narrowed.

She looked down, biting her lip nervously.

"See, I already told you that I am not comfortable in dark shades, but I still wore it once for you. Dark shades are not my type. I feel comfortable in soft shades only like the one I'm wearing right now."

"You look pretty in every shade sweetheart, and I prefer your choices, so no need to give such a big explanation hmm?", said Travis while keeping a hand on Ray's shoulder.

"Umm, you look handsome, just like a Greek God", said Ray while smiling and looking into his eyes.

"We both look striking together. We are so stunning together that everyone would be venerating us tonight", he said smiling.

"Really", she asked childishly.

Just then a knock was heard by them and Travis opened the door only to see his mother, Mrs. Orleans standing there with a sweet smile.

"Hello, kiddos! How are you two doing", she asked excitedly.

"We are doing great Mom. How are you" said Travis as he hugged her.

Ignoring her son's question, she started looking here and there in the room to find her loving daughter-in-law.

"Where is Ray? I wanna meet her too", asked Mrs. Orleans. trying to spot her.

"I'm here, Mom", she said as she peeked and leaned by the door like a kid, flashing a babyish smile at her.

"Oh my goodness, you look magnificent today, Ray", Mrs. Orleans complimented.

"And you just called me Mom", she said with an emotional smile.

Mrs. Orleans had always been attached to her. She was like her own daughter, and now, she was her daughter-in-law. She smiled at her and engulfed her in a hug.

"I completely forgot why I was here. Your dad had sent me to take you two downstairs. The guests have started arriving".

With this, they all reached downstairs for the reception party. It was a grand event. The most distinguished people of the city, and some of the major chairmen of the worldwide companies had arrived just for this special occasion. The couple was congratulated by everyone. Everybody complimented the pair, making Travis and Ray shyly blush.

Suddenly slow music started and the spotlight went on to Mr. Orleans who held a mic in his hand. On the mic, he said, "Today we are here to celebrate my son, Travis, and daughter-in-law, Ray's wedding, who is the upcoming mafia. Let us celebrate today's special evening with them. All the couples, please come and the main one, please come too".

As soon as he said that, all lights went off and a spotlight flashed on Ray and Travis. Travis took her hand softly.

"May I", he whispered, to which Ray nodded while looking into his eyes. They went to the center of the stage while holding hands.

Travis wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. Her eyes widened at his sudden action. He reassured her with a gentle smile.

"Are you okay with the closeness? Or do you want me to give you some space", he asked her quietly.

"I'm fine", she said, with a smile. "I was just not expecting that."

"Keep your hands on my shoulders."

"Like this", she asked.

"Exactly like this, Sweetheart", he said with a playful smirk.

They both moved delicately to the music. Ray looked into Travis' eyes just to see an ocean of love, which was just for her. She wanted to get lost in his eyes forever. She wanted to drown in those beautiful deep eyes. The aura was silent, just like the first time they met, and their eyes did all the talk.

After some time, the music stopped and all that could be heard were loud cheers.

"It got over so soon. I was having fun", he said with a pout.

"Yeah, even I think so. I relished it too. You know, it's the first time I'm dancing like that", she said eagerly.

"You stole my words."

"Was it your first dance too", she asked him.

"Yeah", he said, as he blushed lightly.

Both of them could not end their talks. After all, they had so much to tell each other. Soon the reception ended and it was late.

"Ray, Travis, the reception is already over. When are you going to stop talking", asked Mr. Orleans.

"Sorry, Dad. But believe me, it will take me more than a lifetime to complete all the talks, wouldn't it, Ray?"

She smiled shyly at him.

"You have all the time, Travis. Go to your room, and talk there. It is already chilly out here, and I don't want my sweet daughter to catch a cold", said Mrs. Orleans protectively, making the four of them chuckle.

"Okay, Mom. We will be taking our leave then. Goodnight. Message me when you reach home", he said.

Ray and Travis went to their room. Ray, being very tired, slept immediately after changing into pajamas. Travis was in the shower at that time, and it had been five minutes. He stared into space, engulfed in a heap of thoughts.

Were these the thoughts of his special moments spent with Ray today?

No.

The thought disturbing him at that time was about that girl. The one, who resembled Ray's lower face so much. He was curious why he only felt that when she wore that dark lip shade. Was it someone from his past? Was she someone important?

He turned off the shower and dried himself with his towel. He walked out and saw his wife sleeping.

"It was a tiring day for you, wasn't it", he said with a smile.

He switched off the lights and climbed onto the bed. He pulled her closer to himself, spooning her. He was now more protective since the last time, she had almost fallen down the bed. He felt calm when he held her close to himself. But then again, he couldn't sleep.

'Please let me sleep. Fuck! Why don't these thoughts come to an end? Why is that girl bothering me so much', he thought, feeling annoyed.

He was getting pissed at his mind. He was not able to recall her, and his mind was not able to move on from that damn thought.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

4.5M 201K 78
"You told them you love me ,huh?" He asks with a raised eyebrows, jaw hardened and eyes narrowed at the shy girl he has hated all his life. She was a...
441K 16.1K 21
Austin Silver is an underworld crime boss with a secret past who is laying low in Prison. With a secret prison phone and a wrong number, the last thi...
395K 10.9K 22
He ground his hips onto her core and tightened his grip both on her neck and her thigh. "They're not going to find out. Like how no one's going to fi...
145K 4.1K 57
(Editing) Warning: this book contains many strong women who won't take shit from any man. Some viewers may be upset by that.... :( *** After Grayson...