Strange Situations (Jinx x Ma...

By AntiheroicShadow

Y/N was sent away from his family at the age of three to be evaluated, his mental state was deemed unsafe for... More

Chapter 1: First Day Out
Chapter 2: On The Run
Chapter 3: Seperation
Chapter 4: In The Asylum
Chapter 5: Infamous
Chapter 6: Reconnecting
Chapter 8: Family Reunion
Chapter 9: I'm No Hero
Chapter 10: Monster You Created
Chapter 11: A Fresh Start
Chapter 12: Playing House
Chapter 13: Moving On
Chapter 14: Homecoming
Chapter 15: The Impostor
Chapter 16: Lost Cause

Chapter 7: Mending Process

1.6K 37 10
By AntiheroicShadow

It's strange, everyone down here has been on edge lately. My guess, is Silco found out about Vi and Caitlyn. Of course, Jinx and myself have been left out of the loop for... obvious reasons. She decided to check out a diner for answers as to why everyone seems to be dodging her. The door swung open and she rushed inside while I sat at the counter without saying a word until another person's voice startled him.

Jinx: Chuck!

Thieram: Thieram, my name's Thieram.

Jinx: Nice try, Chuck. What's all the hubbub?

Thieram: Boss wants us to grab someone.

Jinx: Someone? Anyone? Who are you grabbing?

Thieram: Girls... I mean, I'm not grabbing girls. Other than uh, those ones, I guess.

Jinx: Focus. Who are they? Why wasn't I invited to the party?

Theiram: I-I don't know. They got into a fight with Sevika and did a number on her.

Jinx: Really which number?

Theiram: It's like a saying.

Jinx: You're doing great Chuck, here for your troubles.

I watched her place one of her devices onto his back, the one that self-destructs with paint. I rolled my eyes and placed a few coins on the counter while walking outside with a cup of coffee. Outside the diner, Jinx wrapped an arm around the back of my neck and brought me forward until we were at eye level.

Jinx: Come on, Shadow aren't you suppose to be my partner in crime? You're supposed to back me up, not sit quietly while I talk.

Y/n: No, I'm supposed to be your thief, well, Silco's thief.

Jinx: Oh, then why are you following me around everywhere I go?

There was a moment of silence as I tried to come up with a reason, but not even I understood the answer to that. Yet, I settled on something from a long time ago.

Y/n: Someone that we both used to know asked me to make sure that you're safe.

Jinx: Him again, why does everything with you always lead back to him? I thought you were doing it because you...

She stopped herself from finishing that sentence, I looked at her curious as to the rest of it. However, upon seeing the embarrassed expression on her face I nearly spit out my coffee as the realization of what she was going to say had finally hit.

Y/n: *choking*

Jinx: Wh-what's going on? Are you okay?

She quickly turned and began helping me clear my airways. I had to tear the rest of my mask from my face to ensure that nothing gets into it. Some people walked by likely mistaking me for some day drunk, throwing up in an alley. After a couple of seconds, I managed to get it out of my system.

Y/n: Thanks, *cough* anyway, you were saying?

Jinx: I- it's not important.

This was the second time that she had seen me with my mask off recently. She seemed more curious now though like I was getting more familiar by the minute. I decided to give another hint regarding my true identity.

Y/n: I'm sure it was. But whoever you're thinking of never asked me to watch after you. Oh right, sorry I've got some business to tend to catch you later, yeah?

Jinx: Sure, bye.

I took my leave, after all, I've been tracking Vi and Caitlyn as well. Though I'm sure that I'll be in major trouble if Silco ever finds out, what he doesn't know can't hurt him... yet. I arrived to find Vi with a pretty bad wound, but it turns out I'm not the only one keeping tabs. I found a man in a bird-like mask watching them too.

Shadow: So what's your plan here?

Y/n: Well, I could try and save them, but I don't really like Caitlyn and I already paid off my debt to Vi for being the cause of a lot of deaths of people she cares about.

Shadow: You gave her fries.

Y/n: So now you're okay with that?

Shadow: Giving someone fries is not a good way of repaying debts. It's just showing a bit of human decency. Why am I telling you this? Screw it, just leave so that we can get back to burning this place to the ground.

Y/n: Eh, I don't know I'm kind of getting some mixed signals now. Ooh, I know.

I reached into my backpack and pulled out a repurposed Enforcer rifle. I aimed at Vi, who already jumped down a cliff edge hitting a beam on the way down. Caitlyn is still too far behind to see any impact. I fired the rifle causing a small device to become implanted into Vi's leg. The amount of pain, akin to a bee sting.

Y/n: I'll check on them soon. For now, I should go find Silco, and see if he has any jobs for me.

However, I arrived to find an unconscious Sevika and Jinx tying her to a chair. In times like these, I wish I had another cup of coffee. I nearly left the room not really wanting to know what was happening, but I stopped myself and approached the desk with a sigh.

Y/n: Jinx, what's happening here?

Jinx: Oh, hey. I'm just getting answers.

Y/n: You know what? Fair enough, proceed.

I then spun the chair around and brought out my claws to climb up to the rafters so that I can watch the questioning as Sevika slowly began to wake up. The process was sped up by Jinx slapping her across the face, the sound nearly echoing around the room.

Jinx: I feel like you and I got off on the wrong arm.

She reached over and pulled Sevika's blade from the sheathe on her shoulder, tracing the sharp tip across her chest before laying the edge on her right arm.

Jinx: Maybe we should try the other.

Sevika: No need. It's your sister. She's back. She's looking for you. It's not what you think, she's with some girl enforcer. Guess she replaced you.

Jinx: You're lying!

Sevika: Why bother? With her back in town, it's only a matter of time before you implode. Silco finally gets the message you're about as good for our cause as you were for your family. Jinx.

I waited with a smile for her expecting her to explode or something but instead, she began crying. Something else that I still don't quite understand about people is crying and what causes it. Yet, something inside told me to comfort her for some reason. I nearly did before she gave off a fake sneeze as the crying also stopped.

Jinx: Ten out of ten, toots. I think I know just how to deliver that message.

Suddenly, the sight of something large hitting the ground scared them, but more noticeable was the lack of sound as though the only thing to hit the ground was a shadow. The shadow slowly rose and became more human-like by the second.

Y/n: And that's where I'll take my leave, this was entertaining to watch but I have much more pressing issues to attend to. It could be a matter of life or death, goodbye.

I left the building before reaching into my backpack and pulling out a map of Piltover, which rolled itself in revealing the map of Zaun underneath, but it went another layer down and one of the many lights began flashing beneath the fabric.

Y/n: Oh that's definitely not good.

I rushed toward their location jumping from wall to wall as fast as my body would allow. Until finding the large crevice and sticking my claws into the walls and sliding down as the stone had molten from the heat radiating from my hand.

Dweller: It's him! He has returned! Our leader has come!

Suddenly there was a crowd, and at the back, I could see Caitlyn and Vi entering a building.

Y/n: I'm not your leader. I'm simply one of you, the forgotten outsiders of the city of outcasts.

This caused a larger stir, as more approached enthralled by the speech and wanting more words to spew from my mouth. Yet, I didn't have any more time for this, they have no idea what awaits them inside. I vanished without a trace and made my way through the crowd. None of them were aware that I had even left, the darkness was too strong down here. I watched from the doorway, Vi now on the ground near the wall about to pass out from her injuries. Caitlyn left her to get some help, and one of them decided it was a good idea to bring her to me, saying that I would know what to do. I listened close by before heading back toward the exit.

Shadow: Where are you going?

Y/n: Silco's.

Shadow: Why?

Y/n: I can't help people, I burn away everything I touch. I may as well be forgotten in this darkness. It's all we're good for anyway.

Shadow: ...what if I told you that you can be something more than a destroyer. What if I told you that you can fix people, by giving out a gentle and caring hand?

Y/n: We can't do that... wait, can we do that?

Shadow: No, you can. I'll guide you, but it has to come from you.

Y/n: Okay then, let's at least try it.

I stopped myself for a second before turning around and seeing Caitlyn in front of me. She looked worried and scared. And that guy that told her to find me approached.

Dweller: This is him. Leader of the outcasts.

Y/n: How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not your leader. I'm just some guy.

Caitlyn: It's you. That guy who gave us those fries.

Y/n: Where is she? Your friend.

Caitlyn: Come, follow me.

I kept my pace right behind her and once at Vi's side I looked around and recognized this place. It was our home, for what short time that was. Maybe, that's why I never came in here, I blocked out the exact location from my memory. Maybe, this moment is when the healing really begins. I looked around the room and saw the memories that I made in this place. I even found a stuffed animal, Clarence is what I called him I think. I lifted him up and swirled my fingers over it as smoke absorbed itself into the children's toy.

I opened the bandages and made a cut on my hand. Blood began to pool and I poured it into her wound. I watched as the dark liquid mixed with hers, luckily, I'm a universal donor. I then placed my hand over the wound causing it to seal shut. My hand began to glow as it grew hot to the touch. I had to cauterize the wound to be sure. She sat up with a scream and a pounding headache. Once her head stopped spinning she realized not only that I was there but also just how familiar I looked.

Vi: Y/n? Is that you?

Y/n: *chuckles* Vi, since when was I the voice of reason?

Vi: *laughs* Since always.

Caitlyn: Do you two know each other?

Vi turned her attention to her new enforcer friend and I slipped away. Feeling as though I had finally started paying off my debt to her. Yet, just outside I found Silco and his men lining the entrance. I became one with the darkness of the tunnel and began making my way to the surface of Zaun. Leaving this assault to Caitlyn and Vi to deal with. Yet, something told me not to leave yet, because that good part inside of me wants to prevent any more death. Once the situation turned dire, I let out a groan before crashing down in front of them.

Y/n: Okay, I know this looks bad.

Silco: Bad, does not even begin to cover it.

Y/n: I take it you're not going to listen. Shame, I liked this job. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

I brought out a kukri and threw it into one of the guards' heads and tried to dodge their bullets. I managed to avoid three before one went through my head yet they kept firing until they had no more bullets. Once I was down they began cheering, that is until they noticed the circle of lava now around my body. I stood up and held my stomach before throwing up the molten metal at them. I had then begun advancing toward them again, they unleashed another volley of bullets. Vi smashed a sign causing it to fall and managed to escape leaving me with Silco and his men.

Y/n: What's wrong Silco, are you scared of me?

The bullets now passed through me as my body became like smoke. His men looked at their guns for a second before running away. Silco now stood stunned as I walked right past him, but stopped to tell him just one thing before I leave his employment.

Y/n: When will you realize, some people... simply want to watch the world burn.

Silco: H-how? What kind of illusion was that? The bullets... they should have hit you.

Y/n: Sil, don't you know? A good magician never reveals his secrets.

I saw a blue flare lighting up the sky in the distance. I know what that means, trouble. I rushed over using the buildings and shadows to my advantage anything I could do to get there faster. I got there to find Jinx holding up the flare gun.

Jinx: Vi? Is that you?

Y/n: No, I'm sorry to disappoint. I see you finally decided to light the flare.

Jinx: I know, this wasn't an easy decision to make. I was scared but I remembered someone telling me...

Y/n: That fear can't hurt you. And you won't know unless you try, it's a leap of faith.

I saw that final realization hit her eyes causing me to smile. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she hugged me tightly. Her face held against my blood-soaked shirt.

Jinx: It really is you, Y/n. Do you really hate me for abandoning you?

Y/n: What, no, you never abandoned me, it just took a bit of rewiring in this fried brain of mine to figure that out. I mean that both literally and figuratively, they basically cooked me alive, next thing I know I wake up in a dumpster and-

She cut me off by embracing me tighter. After this, we hugged for a few more seconds before hearing another voice approaching.

Vi: Powder?

Jinx: Vi?

VI: I'm so sorry, Powder I tried to come back but I got arrested. I never thought I'd see you again.

Jinx: Are... are you both real?

Vi looked at me surprised to see me already here after what had happened. She pulled me into their hug as well. For the first time in a long time, it felt like a family again.

Vi: Yes, of course, we are. We are right here.

Jinx: Things changed when you left. I changed.

Vi: I know, Pow-Pow I know. You did what you had to do to survive. Me too. What matters is that we're together again.

Suddenly, I see Caitlyn climbing up the steps, and it hits me. This is all about to go south very fast. I couldn't do anything to stop what was about to happen next. Instead, I could only de-escalate things.

Jinx: Who's she?

Caitlyn: Who are you?

Vi: She's a friend.

Jinx: Sevika wasn't lying? You're with an enforcer?

Caitlyn looked around the area finding a lot of similarities to previous cases. I stepped between them trying to calm things down or at least prevent any further problems. Not that it helped much as Caitlyn's sense of justice was too strong to cause her to back down now.

Caitlyn: Your sister is Jinx.

Jinx: This is a trick! You're playing me. Shut up! I'm in no mood.

I could have sworn that for a second I saw a disturbing vision of Milo just behind her. I wonder why that is, could it have something to do with my blood? Does it have some kind of effect that I'm unaware of? But maybe these are questions to be answered at a later time.

Caitlyn: We didn't say anything.

Y/n & Jinx: She/I wasn't talking to you.

Y/n: Jinx you owe me a... soda... oh.

Vi: Powder, it's okay.

Jinx: Stop calling me that. It's Jinx now. Powder fell down a well.

Vi: You're not a Jinx. I never should have-

Jinx: Stop talking to me like I'm a child! Is that why you came? For this stupid stone?

She looked toward the blue orb that hit the ground earlier only to find it gone. Stolen. Yet no one had the HexTech in their hands.

Jinx: You're a class act sister. Sister thought I missed her. Bet you wouldn't miss her.

Y/n: Jinx, she's only here for you. Nothing else.

Jinx: You're taking her side, again. How can you be so sure?

Y/n: I... I've been following them since they entered Zaun.

Jinx: For Silco?

Y/n: No. On my own, but as things now stand Silco and I are done. Jinx, I just wanted to help you find her, I want my family back together. I'm sorry that I ruined it before but now I-

Jinx: Everyone just shut up! I need to think. Wait, do you hear that?

All of a sudden the Firelights came back out to play. That was when I had the realization of that person from earlier today. An excited grin was now on my face as I prepared for a fight.

Y/n: Oh, I know who that was now. Yeah, it's him.

Caitlyn: Him? Who?

Y/n: Why spoil the surprise?

Caitlyn: Are you working for this mysterious person now?

Y/n: What? Of course not, I'm not that desperate.

Caitlyn: Somehow you make Jinx seem a little saner.

Y/n: Aw, thank you.

Vi: That wasn't a compliment.

Y/n: I'm taking it as one aren't I? So it must be one. Now, have fun you three, don't die on me. Heh, that rhymed.

I reached into my bag and pulled out a wrist cannon. It fires a jagged steel point with a steel line attached to it. I held on tightly to the rope as one of the Firelights smacked into it before tumbling through the air and smacking their face into a brick wall.

Y/n: Well, are you going to help or not?

Jinx doesn't even seem like she needs help with this and Vi seemed concerned about the brutality her sister was showing. After some time I managed to calm myself down from this adrenaline rush and witnessed it as well. She was tearing through them, and even after her leg got cut by one of them, she just kept going.

Y/n: Jinx... Jinx!

There wasn't a response, she was too far gone. The voices were winning and she was letting them fuel her. Vi and Caitlyn got knocked out, and Caitlyn was the first to be taken away. Meanwhile, Jinx still isn't seeing what's going on around her.

Y/n: Powder!

Upon hearing this Jinx's perception of things entered hyperdrive as time began to slow. She looked toward me as I screamed for her to go after Vi. She turned as fast as her body would allow and tried to stop her sister from being taken away again. But was too late once again. She turned to glare at me, her anger still present.

Y/n: Jinx, I...

Jinx: Just go away. Your parents were right about you. You destroy everything you touch.

Y/n: Wh-what?

Jinx: You're the reason that everything wrong has happened to Vi and to me, so just leave!

This was followed by a moment of silence as we both processed that response. Her adrenaline rush began to recede leaving her with the aftermath. I on the other hand became lost in my own head. Visions of that day replayed and I could feel the presence of the family that died in the explosion now all around me.

Y/n: Okay. You're right, I am the one to blame. Mylo, Claggor, Vi, Vander, and worst of all Powder, they all died because of me. Come along Clarence let's go.

A stuffed animal walked over to me as I stumbled my way off the rooftop, her eyes growing wide as she dashed over to the edge and couldn't find a body. She looked over to Clarence and watched him dive off the roof as well.

Jinx: Y/n, wait! I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean it! I didn't... I... I didn't.

I was already gone, making my way to the pit of Zaun, back to the rejects. Yet, they didn't find a leader in me. Instead for the first time, they saw me as simply one of them. A vial of Shimmer in my hands.

Y/n: They don't need me, they threw me away the first chance they got. I've been fighting for my life, just hanging by a string...

The people down here watched and listened to me rambling, feeling sorry for myself. Yet, the worst part was this new sensation happening within me. Tears began to fall from my own eyes, and for the first time, I understood the cause of crying, and it hurts so badly. My cycle of thought was broken by this.

Y/n: Why? Why did I have to ruin her life as well? I should have stayed dead. Maybe then she would be in less pain than she is now... I wonder if they feel the same way about me, maybe it's time I pay them a visit. It's been a little over thirteen years now.

I pushed myself off the ground and stumbled through the underground trying to reach the surface. Immediately getting blinded by the sunlight glaring over the rooftops of Piltover. I pulled out my map and began following it to the place marked as 'Old Home' I'd found the place while planning a theft, but once I found out who owned the home I left it alone. I wasn't strong enough to see them again, but now I think I am.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 4.2K 24
"I'll find you again." This is what Vi promised you. Will she keep your promise after 7 years? Or will she leave you for the second time? If that's...
141K 4.6K 31
Y/N knows everything and everyone in the undercity. For a fair price, they'll help anyone in need with their incredible engineering skills, no matte...
1.2K 36 6
"Know this, Silco. I didn't do this for you, or Zaun, or your cause. I did this for Jinx, and only her." Spark, just Spark, is a nobody running acros...
37.3K 1.4K 20
⚜️Completed⚜️ Long ago, Silco experimented and successfully created a rare mutation of a more humidity version of an animal hybrid that he named (Y/n...