BET | Bridgerton

By notdoing_get_help

"You are absolutely beautiful all the time" "Even when I threaten to make you s... More

CAST
2 | i bet...
3 | stop talking and take your shirt off me

1 | anything but complicated

10.6K 413 104
By notdoing_get_help

EPISODE 1: CAPITAL R RAKE
CHAPTER 1. ANYTHING BUT COMPLICATED

"I REALLY HAVE TO go, Louis." I tell him breaking us apart just for a second. He catches my lips again.

"Yes." He breaths out. "You really do have to go, Diana."

We start moving towards the door, still not breaking apart.

"It was a good idea to let the staff have some time off." He comments as I jump and he wraps my legs around him.

"I completely agree." I reply. "Okay, okay, okay." I announce, as I break apart our kiss. "I will be terribly late if I don't leave right now."

He nods, looking down at my lips, as we both try to catch our breaths.

"Yes, absolutely." He agrees.

"Yes." I let out. "I cannot be late."

"Yes, that would be terrible." He replies.

"Of course it would be." I say.

We both stand there for a very brief moment, trying to catch our breaths.

"Oh, to hell with it." I say under my breath as I jump on him again.

"ARE WE EVEN SURE she's in there?" I hear Hyacinth's voice.

"Of course she is in there." Francesca answers.

"Where else would she be?" Gregory adds.

"Climbed through the window, escaped through the chimney..." Benedict speculates.

"Quiet! She may hear you." Mama scolds.

"Well, it be fair, it is strangely easy." I make my presence known.

"Oh, Diana!" Mama turns. "I thought I told you to come early, you are one of the only people she listens to."

"Oh, my apologies, Mama." I tell her. "There was something wrong with the carriage."

"I left my husband and child at home for this." Daphne complains.

"I told everyone this would happen, now we're late for the queen." Anthony rants.

Francesca shushes everyone.

"I hear something." Francesca tells us.

We all leans in a little closer to hear.

There comes out Eloise, in the same debutante dress that Daphne and I had worn just the last season.

"If one of you utters a single word..."  Eloise threatens, and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from bursting out laughing. She tugs on her skirts. "Let us get this over with."

"MY TASK THIS SEASON cannot be exceptionally difficult." Anthony announces.

Him, Benedict, Gregory and I were in one carriage, while our sisters and Mama were in the other ones.

"Hastings did it after all." Anthony continues. "How hard can it be?"

"Why yes, finding someone to spend the rest of your life with is truly anything but complicated." I reply.

"Ah. Spoken with such feeling too." Benedict adds.

"I do not need feeling." Anthony snaps at us. "What I need is what I have, and that is a list. Tolerable, dutiful, suitable enough hips for childbearing, and at least half a brain." He lists off. "And that last part is not so much a requirement but a preference, in fact."

"Do not put such ideologies in my precious Gregory's mind, Brother." I say, dramatically as I put my hands on Gregory's ears in an attempt to annoy him, which clearly works, as he tries to swat me away. "He is much too pure for that."

"Stop doing that!" He complains, as both our brothers laugh.

THE CARRIAGE DOOR OPENS and after all three of my brothers had stepped out, I stand up to make my way out.

I take the hand that was offered to me, believing it to be Anthony's.

As I emerge from the carriage, I look at the gentleman who's hand I was holding.

"My Princess." He greets, jokingly.

"Louis!" I exclaim happily, and throw my arms around him.

"It is quite annoying how they act this way even after almost a year." Benedict complains.

"Oh, sush brother." I tell him, as Louis puts my down on the ground. "You are just jealous. And rightfully so."

"Of course. Whatever you say, Your Highness." Benedict mockingly bows, making all of us laugh.

As we all start to walk inside, Louis and I trail behind, as I warped myself around his arm.

"It is quite shocking how fast ten months have gone by." Louis tells me.

"Has it truly been ten months?" I question, chuckling. "I believed my brothers and sisters were exaggerating."

"No, I do not think they were." He answers, and then smirks. "I must confess, I half expected myself to be bored of you by now."

"Oh." I let out, pretending to be offended. "Did you now?"

He chuckles, both of us knowing he was joking.

"I believe so."

"Oh, that is completely understandable." I tell him as we come to a stop.

"You are very understanding, as you not?" He asks me, his smirk still in place.

"Of course. I am quite understanding of when my husband needs to sleep outside the bedroom." I tell him, as I start to walk away. "I do hope you enjoy sleeping on the sofa in the rainy weather, Your Highness."

"Wait, what?" He questions, rushing to catch up to me. "You knew I was not serious, did you not?"

I do not reply as I keep on walking, a smile on my face.

"Diana! I was not being truthful!"

"Forgive me, Diana!"

"My perfect wife!"

"THE DOWAGER VISCOUNTESS BRIDGERTON and Miss Eloise Bridgerton." The announcer says after a terribly long time.

Eloise and Mama walk up to the door, and Eloise looks about ready to start running.

"Smile." Daphne whispers to our sister.

Suddenly another door opens and a footman walks in with a tray.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Queen asks.

The footman stops in front of her and offers her the paper on the tray.

The Queen chuckles lightly.

"I've seen enough." She states.

"But Your Majesty, there are still..."

"I have seen enough!" The Queen gets up and walks out.

"This is a first." Louis comments from beside me.

"Does this mean I can go?" Eloise asks.

"I don't know what this means." Mama replies.

Eloise gathers her skirts and dashes out.

"Eloise." Daphne whispers, as I try to not laugh out loud.

Mama awkwardly chuckles lightly and follows suits.

Everyone starts chattering as they get handed the latest Whistledown papers.

"Truly, I cannot say I will long for any of this." Daphne tells Anthony.

"Oh, heaven knows we've had enough of it." I add.

"Best of luck to you, Brother." Daphne continues.

"You shall certainly need it this season." I tease him.

But the smirk on my face is quickly wiped off as a shout echoes through the halls.

"Louis! Diana!" The Queens voice booms.

All color leaves my face and now the smirk is on Anthony's face.

"It seems like you are the one who is being snubbed by luck." Anthony remarks.

"Haha." I tell him, as I gather my skirts and take the arm that Louis offered me. "You are hilarious brother."

We walk away, and head to the direction of the Queen's voice.

"Your Majesty." I courtesy.

"Aunt Charlotte, you requested us." Louis greets, bowing.

Dearest gentle reader. Did you miss me?

She turns to look at us from where she was sitting.

As the members of our esteemed ton lazily sojourned in their rustic retreats, this author was doing but one thing.

She holds out the papers to me.

Honing my skills. Or should I say, hatching my plans?

I take them and read over what Whistledown has written.

No, even better. I was sharpening my knives...

"Oh..." I let out.

...for all of you.

"Oh, indeed, my dear." The Queen replies.

It seems after their marriage, the prince and the princess have gone off to hide themselves away from every social event since, not having been seen together after the princess's sister's ball. The only question that remains is, have they been hiding together or from each other, because if they were as happily married as they would like the rest on the ton to believe, they would have surely blessed us with the presence of their unmeasurable love.

"You do know what this means." The Queen continues. "Do you not?" She smirks.

"Your Majesty." I say. "Please-"

"You are to host a ball!" The Queen announces. "To celebrate your happily married life with Louis!"

I sigh, as Louis tries not to laugh out loud, making me give him a hard glare.

Questions abound as to this author's identity and means. Seeking those answers shall prove fruitless, indeed. There is, of course, another unknown identity at present. Though, this one you will be able to unearth. I speak of the season's diamond, wherever she may be. Your move, Your Majesty.

"And I am to find this season's diamond at that ball." She completes.

"ONE AND TWO. ONE and two." Eloise's dance instructor tells her as she dance with Gregory and steps on his foot.

"I do not think she's very good." Hyacinth comments.

"I believe she can hear you." Benedict tells her, amused.

"I can hear you." Eloise says.

I chuckle, and make my way to the sofa, trying to push Benedict's legs off, but he does not move.

"Ow! Watch my feet!" Gregory comments.

"Might we be done?" Eloise asks.

"If you are to catch the queen's eye after that interruption, you must be perfection." Mama tells her.

"I believe it was the interruption that was perfection." Eloise comments offering her hand to Gregory as they start practicing again.

"Agh, move your feet, Benedict!" I complain.

"I thought we would finally be rid of you once you, you know, got married and moved out of the house." Benedict complains. "But here you are. Why, exactly?"

"Ugh." I groan, as he finally moves his legs for me to sit down. "I am hiding from the Queen. She wants me to plan a ball."

"Ah. So very painfully." Benedict says sarcastically, and I give him a fake smile. "And where is your dear husband?"

"He's gone to receive Queen Amelia." I answer, as I open my book. "She's finally returning from her tour of the country."

"Shocking that Eloise Bridgerton was not named the season diamond, was it not?" Benedict teases.

"Do not be unpleasant brother." I tell him.

"Was anyone else aware that dear Colin has decided to add Albania or some such place to his itinerary as he gads about the world?" Anthony announces.

"No. But how happy for him that he can simply decide to do that." Eloise answers as she dances with Gregory.

"Joining us for tea, Anthony?" Mama asks.

"Uh, I'm afraid I must pass." Anthony replies. "Too many calls on my funds today. Now that the season has started, I need to fill your coffers at the modiste and oversee the hiring of extra staff. Your ring. When you get the chance, I need it. The fields by Ferryhallow. I was thinking we might hold off on leasing them due to the hard frost."

He lists off and we all look up at him.

"I beg your pardon?" Mama interrupts.

"The frost hardens the soil, saps it of nutrients." Anthony replies.

"Not that, brother." I tell him.

"That is very well." Mama says. "But you requested my ring?"

"Father's betrothal ring." Anthony nods.

"Did someone catch your eye at the presentation, Brother?" Benedict asks him.

"I thought all the young ladies looked beautiful." Francesca adds.

"Not particularly. And all the young ladies looked the same. Like young ladies." Anthony replies. "I'd simply like to be prepared for when the opportunity presents itself."

"The opportunity?" I ask in disbelief, with a laugh.

"I've compiled an index of the season's eligible misses and arranged interviews." Anthony tells us.

"Interviews!" Mama says in the same tone as me. "Dearest, I shall be more than happy to give you my ring when you find someone with whom you are very much in love. Besides, it is in safekeeping at Aubrey Hall."

"Very well." Anthony replies, turning to leave.

"See that he is quite well." Mama whispers to Benedict.

"Me?" Benedict asks.

"Who else, you dimwit?" I ask him, and he throws a pillow at me.

"I'm not in need of coddling." Anthony announces. "I assure you all, everything is in order."

"That is surely believable." I mutter.

A/N

HELLO! HOW ARE YOU GUYS?!

HOPE YOU ALL LIKED THE CHAPTER!

YOU GUYS FINALLY SENT ENOUGH MESSAGES AND COMMENTS TO MAKE ME DO A BOOK 2, SO YEAH, THIS IS AS MUCH YOUR DOING AS IT IS MINE! SO ENJOY! AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THING ABOUT IT!

I'M REALLY EXCITED TO WRITE FOR THIS SEASON, AND I CANNOT WAIT TO ADD ALL THE EPISODES AND ADD DIANA AND LOUIS' STORIES TO THEM!

AND PLEASE COMMENT! IT MAKES MY DAY!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676K 24.7K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
425K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
497K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...