3 | stop talking and take your shirt off me

EPISODE 2: OFF TO THE RACESCHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3. STOP TALKING AND TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF ME

 STOP TALKING AND TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF ME

"IS THAT A COPY of Lady Whistledown?" I hear Penelope ask.

"It is." Eloise replies.

"I thought we were done with her." Penelope says, as she sits down at the circular table, where Eloise and I were.

I was sitting on the table with a pamphlet on colors of napkins, provided to me by the Queen herself, and given the responsibility to choose from it for my ball.

"Do not discourage her, Penelope." Mama calls out. "If she has taken an interest in Lady Whistledown again, perhaps she's interested in what she has to say about the season's available gentlemen too."

Eloise turns in her chair to face her.

"I cannot think of any cleverer way to say this, but no." She answers, making me laugh. "Her latest is not exactly the philosophical treatise on the rights of the fairer sex I was hoping for, but..."

"I do not think Lady Whistledown has changed her style of writing since her last issue." Penelope tells her.

"Perhaps not. But perhaps she still can." Eloise suggests, excitedly.

"Perhaps she does not want to." Penelope retorts. "Perhaps she is quite content. And if she's even sparked your renewed interest, El, then perhaps whatever she is doing is working."

"Yes, but she could do so much more." Eloise argues. "I know I could convince her of it. If I were to find her this time."

"What you must find, my dear, is happiness." Mama's voice comes, making me chuckle. "Diana, Penelope, assist me here. Eloise could find that with someone else, could she not?"