Beyond

By B0omers399

"Hunk Garrett?" Lance asked lifting his gaze. "No." "Keith Kogane?" "No." "Pidge Gunderson?" "No." "Katie Hol... More

Green
Q and A
Please
Blue
Mission
Aftermath
Comfortable?
Missed
Glow in the dark
Struggle
Honest
Crimson Tide
The Kid
Wattpad: Discussion
Time
Grounded
Thunder
School?!
Adapting
Lunch
Stacy and Morales
Ink
Bond
Shade
Rage
Heist
Ghosts
Heal
Forgive
Rested
Friends
Struck
Sight
Embers
Branches
Cracks
Dude
Bad day
Dance with Death
Announcements
Deep
Night falls
Icy waters
Reunion
Rolling
Hang in there
Slight Snag
Loyal
Fault
Give in
Maps
Flash
Black
Visitors
Calling
Swift
Watch me!
Power
Launch
Outnumbered
Hearts
Burn From Inside Out
Hopes
Twisted
Flying
Introductions
Disconnected
Secured
Minds
Blast From The Past
On the edge
Whispers
Moving
Black
Claws
Truths
Where now?
Endgame
Finished

Danger

343 8 6
By B0omers399

Running through the streets of New York with fire and destruction all around him.

Chitari aliens were closing in on him.

There was blood on the roads, on his suit on his hands.

He kept running.

People around you always get hurt.

They never survive.

Just look around you.

This is your fate.

He turned a corner only to see the Avengers, all of them, they had fallen.

Defeated and gone.

"No." He whispered as he stumbled back. "No, not you guys too."

~~~

"This mission is extremely important and dangerous." Fury explained. "I want you to use the utmost caution on this, I want you all to return safely."

"It's just HYDRA." Tony frowned.

"Potentially in possession of Loki's sceptre." Fury reminded. "Since New York we have been trying to find this but they have been hiding it well, they are desperate to keep it, so be careful."

The transmission ended and the lights lifted to reveal Lance standing in the doorway.

"Lance, you off to school?" Tony asked as he got up.

"Yeah." Lance nodded quietly gripping the strap of his bag. "What um... That sounded serious."

"It is." Steve sighed. "The sceptre is a dangerous weapon."

Lance looked away with a frown. "Well my experience with dangerous weapons is that people tend to get hurt."

"We'll be careful." Natasha promised. "We've handled HYDRA before."

Lance was quiet for a second before he nodded, he turned about to leave when he paused, he glanced back concern pinched in his eyes. "Please come back."

Then he was gone.

"Alright Avengers." Steve said as he stood up. "Let's head to this HYDRA base." 

~~~

"Do you think Lance is going to be alright?" Clint asked as he piloted the Avenge-jet towards the site. "He's been anxious lately and I'm not too keen on leaving him in New York alone."

"Wouldn't you be if your family was the Avengers?" Tony reminded. "I get anxious just going on these mission let alone watching you guys go."

Clint sighed. "He shouldn't have to worry."

"His family were all killed." Thor reminded quietly. "He no doubt fears the same may happen to us."

"Well that's not going to happen." Steve said firmly.

"Yeah, no one can kill Hulk." Hulk grumbled crossing his arms.

"I meant that we'll always come back." Steve said shaking his head. "We look after eachother and we bring eachother home."

"We're here." Clint said as he brought the jet down. "Keep the coms open."

~~~

Lance pulled out his phone as he walked through the streets of New York.

He knew where he was going he just had a call to make first. He just hoped that no one would be too cross with him.

"Lance?" Gwen asked in a surprised tone. "What's up?"

"I um..." Lance hesitated. "I'm not coming into school today."

"Oh?"

"I've got to keep an eye on something." Lance admitted, it was the truth he just couldn't give details. "Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad."

Lance offered a small smile. "Thanks."

"You will tell me what's going on one of these days won't you?"

"Hopefully." Lance whispered. "But right now it's a bit complicated."

"I get it." Gwen replied and Lance honestly believed her. "You go do what you've got to do."

"Thanks, I'll hopefully see you tomorrow."

"Bye Lance."

Lance then turned hoping he had left a big enough gap between the Avengers leaving and him then turning up.

He just had a bad feeling about it all.

The Avengers were capable, more than so, but Lance knew better then anyone how badly a mission could go unexpectedly.

He didn't want to lose anyone else.

"JARVIS." Lance said as he entered his hangar. "Time to suit up."

"Master Lance, I do not believe this is a wise course of action." JARVIS said gently.

"Probably not, but right now I can't get out of my head that something is going to go wrong." Lance explained as he tugged his chest plate on. "Where are they right now?"

"They're-"

The long pause made Lance freeze his muscles tightening like a coil ready to spring.

"They have just broken through the atmosphere."

"They're in space?!" Lance all but demanded. "All of them?"

"I believe so." JARVIS nodded. "Mr Stark wants me to launch his space armour."

"Load it into Blue." Lance decided as he pulled his helmet on. "Cause I'm launching too."

~~~

"Okay so this is space." Clint nodded gripping his bow tightly as he glanced outside the window. "What is the integrity of this ship?"

"I doubt it will last long." Tony stated shaking his head. "I'm picking up those robots energy below us."

"Great, a space battle." Clint groaned.

"We'll be fine." Natasha said knocking his arm. "Just keep an eye on your surroundings, we'll seal off sections of the ship that break."

"An eye on things?" Clint asked raising an eyebrow at her.

"Good shout." Steve nodded. "Let's just hope Tony's armour gets here quick enough."

"It'll get here, and then we'll be-"

A blur of blue and white shot past the ship making them all flinch.

"Looks like we have an incoming ship." Steve said lifting his shield up. "Alright time to split up, Tony, Clint and Thor. Head to the lower desk slow this ship down. Natasha, Hulk you're with me, we'll go greet our new visitor."

There wasn't really a hangar on this ship but a ship docked with them and then the lights and the gravity went down.

"Tony?"

"The ship's falling apart, I can't mend this thing fast enough, we'd better hurry." Tony explained sharply. "We're still moving away from earth though."

A loud clanking sound and then the door was flying off its hinges crashing into the far wall.

And appearing through the gap was-

"Lance!"

"Wait Lance is here?" Clint deamned.

"What doing?" Hulk asked poking Lance's chest.

"You guys looked like you needed help. Again." Lance smirked. "This ship is falling apart. Where are the others?"

"Control room." Natasha informed. "You should be at school."

Lance shook his head. "I'm a teenager, I'll do anything to get out of school."

"Yeah, we noticed." Steve nodded with a fond smile.

"Anyway, Tony your suit is here." Lance explained as the Ironman armour stepped through the airlock into the room. "And I suggest the rest of you get some helmets on."

"Do you have spares?" Natasha asked crossing her arms. "We were going to use Tony's suit to seal the hull of this ship and reroute it's course."

Lance smirked. "I got you guys covered." He promised as he stepped back on board Blue.

Another loud groaning echoed through the ship making Lance frown. "Those who can't breathe in space had better have a helmet on or this is gonna get real tricky."

"I don't have a helmet." Clint informed.

Lance's jetpack activated and he was blasting past Steve and Natasha. "I'm coming to you."

"Really? You know there's a whole army of these HYDRA robot guys right?"

"Robots aren't an issue." Lance stated calmly as his Bayard came to his hand.

"And I'm coming too." Steve said as he caught up with Lance, he had his helmet on but Lance had to twist it into place so it sealed correctly.

"Coms are open, shout if you need help." Lance encouraged as he dragged Steve through the ship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 125 22
You are Tony Starks Niece. Growing up having a superhero uncle, made superheros totally not interesting. You are the newest Avenger, but Uncle Tony d...
1.7K 28 38
A Mad Titan is trying to gather all six Infinity Stones to wipe out half the universe. It's a race against the clock to stop him. But not all goes a...
628K 18K 45
"Look at it this way, you been given an opportunity to turn over a new leaf. You can either push it to the side or you'll take that leaf. Maya, I kno...
1.8M 43K 200
Hi, everyone! Welcome to my Marvel Imagines book. I encourage you to at least try this book out. If you don't like it, that's fine! I will say that i...