๐Œ๐€๐’๐“๐„๐‘๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐ƒ, ๐—ฒ๏ฟฝ...

By vneryx

the detective and the marquise fell blindly in love with eachother โ˜… you knew that i'm a mastermind and now... More

๐–ฟ๐–บ๐–ผ๐–พ ๐–ผ๐—…๐–บ๐—‚๐—†๐—Œ; ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€
๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜ ;
๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ; lady annette
๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ; the runaway marquise
๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ; the lady and the detective?
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ; enola holmes
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ; i loved him.
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…; the marquise case
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป; disguise
๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜; a day in london
๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป; the plan
๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป; rescuing enola
๐˜๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ; attract the bloody sharks

๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ; reunion in the market

638 23 3
By vneryx

Her next plan- uh destination.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗲𝘁.

Yes. The Covent Garden Market. As someone who had been interested in flowers and herbs and studied it her whole life. She figured she could buy some for decorations in her boring, plain bedroom.

She ran her way to the market, giggling on the way, clutching onto her hat and dress. She arrived in time and looked around, her gaze widened at the sight of the flowers. Many different types of flowers were in the market.

She giggles softly as children running past her, she adjusted her hat and went for the tulips and daffodils

Tulips and daffodils are highly valued for their bold splashes of color in the spring. Growing them together will extend the early flowering season well into late spring. Tulips are an excellent flower for beds or borders and many daffodils are especially suited for grassy areas.

Little did she knew that, a young woman dressed in plain pink was on her way searching for the young lady.

"I want four yellow flowers, two blue and a red one." A familiar voice spoke behind her as she turned around curiously.

Enola Holmes.

Annette's expression was serious. But Enola liked how it softened slightly when she looked at her.

"I don't care about the breed. Any flower will do. And why are you wearing that hat. It looks ridiculous. Take it off." She shrugged. "What are you doing here?" smiled Annette. "Why, if you're passionate about flowers, would you come to London?" asked Enola.

"Because I can be lost here. And I'm on a disguise, actually." Annette answered. "And yet I found you." Enola tilted her head. Annette hummed, "I'm impressed, young detective."

"But why have you done so?" asked Annette. Enola doesn't answer, instead she stared at Annette with a knowing look.

Annette squinted her eyes, "You're here for the money. They've offered a reward." "Have they?" Enola gasp, turning away. "I didn't know.. Well, I must tie you up and claim it!" Annette gasped at Enola's action: grabbing her shoulder and pushing her slightly, startling her. Annette scoffed and rolled her eyes as Enola laughs, letting her go.

"Stars and garters, are you really so ridiculous? Enola giggles. Annette slowly looks up at the girl, nervous hinted in her eyes.

"I've come here because I've grown to like you more in your absence, and because, as it turns out, your life is still in danger." Enola exclaimed.

"What's made you like me more?" She flirt, picking out pink rose.

"Really," Enola's mouth gaped, "That is your question? Not "who's trying to kill me?" Annette didn't respond, handing Enola the pink rose, slightly smirk. She takes it and stared at Annie with a smile.

"Alright. Here's a real question: how have you survived this long when you're so violently self-destructive?" said Annette, sarcastically.

Enola rolled her eyes and walk away, Annette trailing behind her. "I found your flower pressings. They were quite beautiful. I don't give a fig about flowers, of course." Enola tossed the pink rose besides her.

"That's because you're ignorant." Annette batted her eyes. "Ignorant, how dare you?" Enola scolded. Annette smirked, "Ignorant and willfully so."

"You could change your mind about a girl." said Enola. "I'm not a girl. I'm a woman." Annette smirks, posing herself into a proper look. "You're a woman when I tell you, you're a woman." Enola scoffed. Annette smiled, shrugging.

"You do look better in breeches, I'll give you that." said Annette. Enola smacked her shoulder, lips parted as her eyes widened in disbelief and frustration.

"I've missed you, Enola Holmes." Annette rolled her lips and smiled. "I wanted to miss you. But I kept getting dragged back towards you. Now come on, we're in serious danger if you didn't know." Enola snapped. Annette rolled her eyes, "Oh, how could I not know?" She smiled and stared at the back of Enola's head.

••

They were now out of the market and were walking down the street. "Perhaps, we should go to your lodging house? If you stay at one? My lodging house was not the perfect place to discuss your plan. I mean, I've been doing an awful lot of research lately." said Annette.

"What kind of research?" asked Enola. "From the newspaper. I don't know what kind of research I studied but I read the newspaper, every second, every hour. And my place is full of books and newspapers, so I suggest we're going to yours."

Enola nodded, "Alright, my apartment is just down the street." Enola leads her friend to her lodging house.

When they arrived, Annette noticed that her apartment is just up the street. "Hey, Enola.. is this your lodging house?" Annette asked. "Yes." Enola simply respond. "Oh, really.. My lodging house is just up the street if you want to know." Annette pointed out the street and smiled at Enola. She stared and smiled back.

They climb up stairs until they reaches Enola's bedroom. Annette looked around the room, "Is this how you're living?"

"Did you just rent a room at the Ritz?" asked Enola. Annette shake her head. "I afforded myself a shade more comfort than this." She snickers.

"Well, the woman I boarded off assured me this was a fine room." said Enola. "Mmm." Annette hummed. "The woman you boarded off lied." She grinned.

"I have but a single bed, so you'll have to sleep on the floor."

Annette walk towards Enola's bed and grabbed her newspapers. "You know, I kept old newspapers like this too in my rent room." Annette shrugged, taking it in her hand and slump down on the bed.

"Be careful with that. I haven't finished reading it yet." Enola went besides Annette. "Oh. I'm in this one. The newspaper I've read is all about commercial and votes. It's quite boring." said Annette.

"Hm, so you are." Enola went over to the mirror when Annie asks, "Why do you keep all these old newspapers, Enola Holmes?"

She turned around, slowly, "My mother. I'm waiting for her to leave a message. She hasn't yet."

"Message? What?" Annie shake her head. "She likes ciphers. Cold messages that need to be deciphered." Enola fiddling with her finger, taking a seat next to Annette.

"And why would she leave you a message?" asked Annette. Enola hesitate at first, "Because she left me." She looked away from her.

There was silence, "And I thought she meant for me to find her, but I'm not sure she did now. So I left her a message, and I'm hopeful of a reply."

Annette nod and Enola grab the newspaper out of her hand. Annette frown. "I keep the newspapers to check." Enola accidentally let go of the newspaper, and it fell off her hand as both girls grunt to grab it.

"It's okay, I'll get it." Enola chuckles. Annette smiled softly. "Don't look at me like that." Enola said, firmly. "I'm sorry." Annette looked down.

"I don't want your pity, Annette." Enola said. Annette stared at Enola's pretty features, "And if you don't stop looking at me like that, Viscountess Irritation, Marquise of Bothersomeshire, I'll murder you myself." Enola snapped.

'Did I say pretty? I'm pretty sure I said petty.' Annie rolled her eyes. "People don't seem to want us, don't they?" asked Annette.

"Romeo wants you." Enola rolled her eyes, turning away from Annie.

It was silence when Annette doesn't reply, head down, playing with her fingers. "Sorry." She apologized.

Annette nodded. "Still, at least we've got each other, right, friend?" Annette giggles, elbowing Enola. They look at each other, baffled, in love and hate.

Enola stared and spoke, "I'll make us some tea." Her eyes never leaves Annette's. She nodded and they both chuckled nervously.

Enola opens the door and run upstairs. "So you genuinely believe my life's in danger?" Annette asked. "Uh, from whom?"

"Your past and your future."

"Whatever was that mean?" Annette shrugged.

"Your family," Enola answers, "They didn't send a detective to find you. They could have, and they didn't. Instead, they sent a murderer." Enola sneered at the word 'murderer'.

"Why would anyone want me dead?" asked Annette.

"Countless reasons," Enola walked away as Annette rolled her eyes. "Your personality, your ridiculous hair, your silly smile, or possibly your land, your estate, your title, your seat. Same reasons they wanted your father dead. Greed does funny things to people, Annette."

"So now you're saying you think they killed my father?" asked Annette, confusion.

"I don't think. I know." said Enola, placing the teapot so the water would boil.

"No. No, none of this makes the slightest sense. My father's death was caused by a botched burglary, and- and it would have been easier to kill me before I ran away, rather than now--" Annette argues.

What they don't notice is, the enemy is literally in the shadow.

"I entirely agree. I think they tried to. I found the branch that almost killed you. It had been cut."

"Cut?" asked Annette, her eyes squinted.

She doesn't get a response as Enola grabbed the boiling tea pot and hit someone behind the door.

'And now who is that?' Annette thought in annoyance as they both ran, not before Annette smacked the man's head onto the table and run away.

"Oh, gosh you-"

"Come on!"

The man, Lestrade grunts. "Come back here!"

"Who's he?" Annette groans in frustration.

Both girls quickly shut the door. "Move the chest! Move the chest!" Enola commands. Annette obeys.

"Open up, Miss Posy, or should I say Miss Holmes?" screams Lestrade from outside the door.

"Inspector Lestrade, I need to report an attempted murder. You're supposed to be on our side!" Enola grunts.

"See that window over there?" Enola spoke, Annette turned her head and nodded. "It leads onto a roof. I need you to climb out and take off into nowhere."

"And leave you?" asked Annette, slightly worried.

"I need to hold this door!" Enola whined. Annette shakes her head, "But you need to get away too!"

"If he catches you, your life will be in danger. If he catches me, it's simply a life I do not want to so go!" Enola cried.

"I don't want to leave you, Enola." Annette said, firmly.

Banging on the door was heard as Lestrade grunts. "Go! Go!" Enola screams.

No, if they tried to take Enola from her, she'd rip the world apart with her bare hands. And for some reason, that didn't terrify her.

Annette hesitate, staring into Enola's brown eyes before sprint off to the window.

She took a glanced at Enola, and she nodded. Annette couldn't bear to see her friend like this, so she jumped.

She jumped and surprisingly, she landed on top of a roof and she let out a yelp. "Woah, woah." She grabbed the asphalt of the roof as she fell down the railing. "Woah!" She shriek, grabbing onto the railing.

She looked down and saw a large garbage can and few boxes. She took the advantage and jumped off the railing, onto the boxes.

She groaned as her leg hit the corner of the box, her face and chest hit the box with a noise. She grunts and out of breath. She rolled to her side and took the chance to step up.

She glanced up to Enola's room and limp her way out of the alley. She limp towards her apartment, staying hidden.
Running up the stairs, she went directly to her room and fall down the bed.

Out of breath, she pulled up her dress and saw blood, her leg was bruised like violets and so were her knuckles.

She sobbed silently as she thought of her actions earlier. Her sobbed turns into crying as she cupped her own face.

Laying down, her body turned into a ball and she cried. She doesn't know how long she cried, but it was until night.

At night, when she stopped crying. She went to the toilet to clean herself. Shower and bandages up her leg, her chest was also bruised. She layed down her bed after she changed into her nightgown, with a tired face, a tired body and an aching soul.

'What will happened to Enola?' She thought. She cursed herself to sleep as she realized she couldn't help Enola.

It's okay. There's still tomorrow. Another day, another plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412 91 19
You belong with me...... โˆ†==========================โˆ† I pushed her against the shelf and kissed her hard. She tasted like sin. My sin. "This is fucke...
63.6K 1.3K 40
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘ก // ๐‘€๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘œ ๐‘…๐‘–๐‘‘๐‘‘๐‘™๐‘’ | ๐‘ ๐‘š๐‘ขฬˆ๐‘ก "I knew I loved you the moment I met you. I just hoped that I'd never have to see...
23.6K 394 20
I knew I was in love from the moment I met her. And it was that same moment I knew she had the power to ruin my life. And I fell. My biggest problem...
57.1K 1K 17
There was no plausible explanation. No matter what he did, she always knew. She was always one step ahead of him, if not more. He couldn't shake the...