Love at Sea (Finnick Odair)

By BeachSunshine

โFinnick and Taiya have kept up with their training more than any other tribute,.โž Haymitch said shaking his... More

Cast
Playlist
ACT ONE - The Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Tributes of the 67th Hunger Games
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
ACT TWO - The Recovery
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
ACT THREE - Catching Fire
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
ACT FOUR - Mockingjay - Part One
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
ACT FIVE: Mockingjay - Part Two
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
ACT SIX - The Aftermath
Chapter 1

Chapter 2

19.6K 523 202
By BeachSunshine

"Hey bitch!" a familiar voice yelled out. Taiya's smile instantly widened as she spun away from the bar and threw herself at Johanna. "I had to hear the news from your peacock," she said whilst winking at Haymitch. Haymitch never missed an opportunity to call Finnick out on his blatant preening. Johanna was easily influenced to follow in his footsteps.

"So exciting!" Taiya clapped. She looked around and made sure they weren't being closely watched before she reached into the neckline of her dress and pulled out the ring she'd threaded on a chain.

"Yesss," Johanna drawled. "I approve. He did well."

"He had help," Taiya smiled.

"He said he was worried you'd say no."

"In what world would Taiya Ambersnow say no to Finnick Odair," Haymitch snorted.

"Our friend from home got in his head," Taiya explained. "Told him I'd say no. Turns out he's very susceptible to psychological torture. And she's a big fan. He's an easy target. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's kind of mean."

"Are you ready?" Haymitch asked Taiya as he noticed Katniss and Peeta were ready to greet the next Capitol person.

"Yeah, I'll go get him," Taiya sighed.

"What's happening?" Johanna asked.

"Romulus wants to meet our newest victors."

"Urgh," Johanna groaned as she grabbed a drink. "I thought you were finally done pandering to the Crane's."

"I like Romulus. We're friendly," Taiya defended.

"Sure whatever, I still think he's gross. But the girl from 12, ew, almost just as annoying," Johanna sipped her drink.

"No wonder you two are friends," Haymitch rolled his eyes.

"Hey, I promised I'd have an open mind tonight," Taiya reminded him.

"Yeah, but you're easily led," Haymitch teased. "Anything she says you'll just agree with."

"Rude," Taiya mumbled.

"Accurate," Johanna added.

"Yeah you're probably right," Taiya agreed.

"Exhibit A," Haymitch scoffed. "Go get the Crane boy. I'll bring them to you."

"That didn't help your case," Johanna smirked.

"You set me up," Taiya accused.

"Did not. Go find Romulus."

"Ok," Taiya smiled before walking off. "Dammit," she muttered when she realised she'd gone along with Johanna again.

*********************

"Katniss, Peeta, meet Romulus Crane," Haymitch said as he walked up to them. "And of course, you remember Taiya Ambersnow."

"How could I forget," Katniss mumbled bitterly.

"Katniss, Peeta, lovely to see you again," Taiya smiled widely, ignoring Katniss' jab.

"So inspiring!" Romulus burst out saying. "Oh, it touched my heart. The love between you two I can just feel it!" he said excitedly.

Taiya had to try and cover her smile. Katniss, unfortunately, was not an amazing actress, and couldn't hide her disdain. She definitely cared deeply for Peeta, but she most certainly wasn't in love with him.

"What can I say?" Katniss smiled. "We saved each other."

"And your engagement!" Romulus gushed. "So beautiful. And to televise it, you truly spoil us."

"We aim to please," Peeta assured.

"Oh Taiya," Romulus touched her arm. "If only Seneca was here to see what became of them. He just adored you two."

"Yes, what did happen to Seneca?" Katniss asked bluntly. Taiya looked at the girl. She definitely knew the truth, and she was pushing her luck.

"A terrible accident," Romulus said glumly. "Who knew he was allergic to shellfish," Romulus repeated the lie the family had been told.

"We're all devastated," Taiya said mournfully.

"If you will excuse me. My wife appears to be trying to chat up a victor from 1," he said in alarm before racing off. Taiya looked over to where he was off to, only to spot his wife hanging off of Gloss' arm. He kept trying to brush her off, but she was clinging.

Taiya sighed before she turned back. "I want to apologise for my behaviour when you visited my District. I was upset but there was no need to make you feel unwelcome," she said begrudgingly. Haymitch nodded in approval.

Her apology received mixed responses from the victors though. Katniss merely scoffed. Peeta, however, was more open to her apology.

"Please, we understand perfectly," he smiled widely. "No need to be sorry."

"Katniss?" Haymitch pressed.

"What?"

"You know I think if you two moved past your little hissy fits you might actually get along," Haymitch suggested. Even Peeta looked unsure about that. Katniss wasn't exactly a friendly person. Even in District 12 she really only had one or two friends.

"Why would I want to be friends with her?" Katniss asked quietly.

"Why would you not?" Haymitch exhaled in frustration.

"She's an enabler."

"An enabler?" Taiya scoffed.

"You were engaged to Seneca Crane. I remember you. Sitting up there with them, watching us present our skills. High and mighty. You wanted to be one of them. Part of the society that profits off of children dying. You're so upset about a girl wanting to volunteer but what about the rest of us?"

"You don't know anything," Taiya said quietly.

"She's right Katniss. Stop," Haymitch warned.

"I was in Games at one point. I know exactly what they are. They don't end though. We're all still in the Games. Don't make assumptions," Taiya said quietly before storming away.

"What?" she heard Katniss ask Haymitch.

"Not the place for this discussion," he shut down harshly. "Go mingle. I'm going to go and apologise to her. She's a good ally in this place Katniss," he snapped before running after Taiya who was quickly trying to make a getaway. "Taiya, Taiya," he called out as he grabbed her arm, making her spin around. "Look, I'm sorry about that ok."

"I'm not an enabler," Taiya stuttered. "Am I?"

"No," Haymitch said after a small pause.

"I didn't want to be up there," she said quietly. "I didn't have a choice."

"I know that," he agreed. "But she doesn't. Imagine how you'd see it if you were her."

"Am I an enabler?" Taiya asked.

"No. You're not. You're the reason that girl is alive right now. You're the one who charmed that Capitol man into getting her the burn cream. You're not like them."

"I could've said no. I didn't have to be involved like I was."

"Then you'd end up like me. Like Johanna," Haymitch reasoned. "You don't want that. The only friends I have are in this room. Everyone else is gone."

"Look, Haymitch. I don't really know why you want me to be friends with your victor. But clearly, neither of us is interested. So just leave it alone ok," Taiya muttered before walking away.

*********************

"Miss Ambersnow," a voice spoke from behind her and she tensed up.

"Plutarch," she smiled as she turned around. "To what do I owe the honour?"

"Would you dance with me?" he asked with a smile, holding his hand out to her.

She did her best to stop an eye roll from forming as she took his hand and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor. They danced in silence for a few minutes. Neither one of them was willing to break it.

"Are you looking forward to your turn as head Gamemaker?" Taiya asked.

"I have a few ideas up my sleeve," he smirked down at her.

"I'm sure. You spend many years in Seneca's shadow."

"Well the Crane name is more powerful than the Heavensbee name," he admitted and she hummed in agreement. "Or at least it was."

"It's not all it's cracked up to be, you know. The job. But I'm sure you know that. You helped me. With Snow. That means you knew about my deal. Why would you help me?"

"I want us to be friends Taiya," he started and she scoffed. "Trust me," he said quietly. "You and I have more in common than you think."

"What's that meant to mean?" Taiya asked as she turned her head to look him in the eyes.

"I wanted to say congratulations," he smiled at her. "On your actual engagement," he whispered and her face fell. "Relax, it's fine. Haymitch told me." Taiya gasped in shock. "I hear our President has proposed another form of work for you. If you hang tight, I might have a more appealing proposal of my own."

"Capitalise," Taiya breathed, repeating the word Haymitch had spoken to her that evening out front of the mayor's house. Was Plutarch on their side?

"Enjoy the rest of your night Miss Ambersnow," he smiled politely as he dropped her hand and walked away.

Her eyes followed after him. Surely the head Gamemaker wasn't a rebel, that wouldn't make sense.

"Tay!" Gloss yelled out and her head spun around.

"Hey," she breathed out as she walked over to him and Cashmere.

"You ok?" he asked.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"I was kind of worried when I saw Heavensbee talking with you. He's not trying to move on you now that Crane's gone is he?"

"No," Taiya shook her head. "If I'm honest, I don't really know what he wants," she muttered as she caught Haymitch's eye across the room.

He nodded at her as he raised his glass. Was he confirming her suspicions? What was the deal with him and the new Gamemaker?

*********************

"What do you think of Plutarch?" Taiya asked Finnick and Tyler the next morning as they sat at the breakfast table on the train. Moxie was yet to join them, so they had a limited time window to discuss matters freely.

"Plutarch?" Tyler asked with a frown. "Why?"

"He said something to me and I just... I don't know if I'm misinterpreting, but I don't think I am."

"What are you talking about?" Finnick asked as he leaned forward.

"I think Plutarch is a rebel," she confessed quietly.

No one was given a chance to ask follow-up questions because the door quickly opened and Moxie flounced in.

"How brilliant was last night?" she clapped as she took a seat between Taiya and Finnick. "Oh, I just love a party. Don't you Taiya dear? All the drinks and the food. Oh. It could've all been yours Taiya sweetie. That is if tragedy hadn't struck with your poor fiancee."

"Thank you Moxie," Taiya cut the clueless escort off. "For your touching concern."

"Oh, I don't wish to bring up bad memories dear. It's just so sad. If you'd married Seneca you would've just been the crown jewel of the Capitol. One of us."

"Well I guess things happen for reason," Taiya said between gritted teeth.

"It would've been so lovely to see you at all the events. You know I was talking to Effie, she's the district 12 escort, and she said exactly the same thing. Perhaps you can seduce another man instead? It's not over sweetie. Maybe you'll still join the Capitol," Moxie smiled joyfully, completely oblivious to the thoughts of the 3 victors around her. Their thoughts were flooded with rebellion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 517 44
REWRITE of my 2019/2020 fic 'The Murderess || Finnick Odair.' It may be significantly different from the original, as I am working to make it better...
4.3K 125 22
"She looks so...innocent." "Believe me, Katniss, she's anything but innocent. She killed eight tributes in her Games; they called her the Clem Reape...
10.7K 346 10
แด›สœแด‡ สœแดœษดษขแด‡ส€ ษขแด€แดแด‡๊œฑ แดกษชสŸสŸ แด…แด‡๊œฑแด›ส€แดส แด‡แด แด‡ษด แด›สœแด‡ แด˜แดœส€แด‡๊œฑแด› แด๊œฐ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›๊œฑ, แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด€แด›'๊œฑ แด‡xแด€แด„แด›สŸส แดกสœแด€แด› สœแด€แด˜แด˜แด‡ษดแด‡แด… แด›แด แด˜แดแดส€ แด€สŸแด‡xษช๊œฑ ส€ษชส™ส™แดษด. [๊œฐษชษดษดษชแด„แด‹ แดแด…แด€ษชส€ x แดแด„] แด˜แดœส™สŸษช๊œฑสœแด‡แด…: 05.0...
7.6K 346 72
The day snow fell upon Victor's Village, everything changed. There was no excitement, no joy, only the cold stare of scrutinising eyes into a child's...