Hidebound

Od Apagewithani

After a close call Hex is back on parole and Poppy couldn't be happier. The Darlings spend their time making... Více

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Chapter TwentyFive
Chapter TwentySix
Chapter TwentySeven
Chapter TwentyEight
Chapter TwentyNine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter ThirtyOne
Chapter ThirtyTwo
Chapter ThirtyThree
Chapter ThirtyFour
Chapter ThirtyFive
Chapter ThirtySix
Chapter ThirtySeven
Chapter ThirtyEight
Chapter ThirtyNine
Chapter Forty
Chapter FortyOne
Chapter FortyTwo
Chapter FortyThree
Chapter FortyFour
Chapter FortyFive
Chapter FortySix
Chapter FortySeven
Chapter FortyEight
Chapter FortyNine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter FiftyOne
Chapter FiftyTwo
Chapter FiftyThree
Chapter FiftyFour
Chapter FiftyFive
Chapter FiftySix
Chapter FiftySeven
Chapter FiftyEight
Chapter FiftyNine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter SixtyOne
Chapter SixtyTwo
Chapter SixtyFour
Chapter SixtyFive
Chapter SixtySix
Chapter SixtySeven
Chapter SixtyEight
Chapter SixtyNine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter SeventyOne
Chapter SeventyTwo
Chapter SeventyThree
Chapter SeventyFour
Chapter SeventyFive
Chapter SeventySix
Chapter SeventySeven
Chapter SeventyEight
Chapter SeventyNine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter EightyOne
Chapter EightyTwo
Chapter EightyThree
Chapter EightyFour
Chapter EightyFive
Chapter EightySix
Chapter EightySeven
Chapter EightyEight
Epilogue

Chapter SixtyThree

1.7K 67 0
Od Apagewithani

I did my best to ignore Ace for the rest of the day. He had stuck around for far longer than I had anticipated and he had expected drinks to be ran to him whenever his glass was empty. Poor Sarah had the job of making sure his glass was always full. Stevie had gone back to his office but the movement of the cameras had made it apparent he was keeping a close eye on us.

Harley had calmed down but she kept her guard up and wouldn't go anywhere near Ace. She wouldn't even let me walk in his direction. I appreciated it, the last thing I wanted to do was be anywhere within the vicinity of Ace Pollar.

I had to take my lunch break in the backroom, too paranoid to leave the safety of Darby's; what if he had followed me outside?

I had also replied to text a from Hex while eating lunch. My heart sunk when I opened the text to him asking if I was okay. He had absolutely felt my emotions through our bond; I don't know why I ever thought he wouldn't.

I was suck between a rock and a hard place when answering him. I didn't want to tell him that Ace Pollar is sitting in Darby's right at that moment because he would definitely leave the mechanic shop and make his way here and honestly, I don't know how many more chances Clyde will take with Hex's explosive temper. But I also didn't want to lie to him. The guilt began to eat me when he had immediately read my 'I'm okay' text in reply. He had read my text and not replied and at that point unbraced myself for him to walk through the doors of Darby's, my eyes flickering to the door every time someone walked through and I would release a breath every time they weren't Hex.

I will tell him when I get home but I couldn't risk telling him now and both of us potentially losing our jobs for a moment of heated tempers taking control.

Despite the numerous drinks Ace had consumed, he seemed under control and calm. Something I was thankful for, the last thing I wanted was for him to have a drunken outburst. Kevin on the other hand had kept up his respectful demeanour but he was a mess; slouching in his seat and slurring his words into mumbles and I wonder how Rex is going to get him out of Darby's when we close in ten minutes.

"Thank fuck today is over" Harley mumbles from beside me. An older lady that had been sitting at the bar overhears her curse and turns to look at us, giving us a look of disgust before walking to a nearby table.

My eyes flick up to Ace once again, for the hundredth time today. He's talking to Kevin, more-so listening as Kevin rumbles but at least his attention isn't on me.

"How are you going to tell Hex?" She asks. I drop the tea towel I had been holding and rub my forehead while sighing. All I wanted to do was go home and go to bed and the thought of having to have this conversation with Hex makes me want to throw up.

"I don't know" I mumble, the lump in my throat wanting to make itself known again.

I feel exhausted but I know I won't be able to sleep tonight. Not only do I have to worry about Ace showing up again tomorrow but what if he shows up at our apartment?

I don't know how Hex had been getting any sleep; I don't think he has noticed that he has woken me every night this week when he crawls out of bed at 3am. I don't know what he does but he gets up for an hour before coming back to bed, only to lie awake for the rest of the night. He'll do that for a few days and then crash one night and sleep the whole way through before the pattern is repeated. And it is becoming notable in his tired, sunken eyes.

"Well... I guess you don't have to" I look up at Harley but she's looking behind me and I feel my heart sink when the door to Darby's clicks open.

Hex makes his presence known, consuming the room. He's still dressed in his work clothes and his hands are dirty, he must have come here as soon as he finished.

I look at his face and its set in a blank stare as his eyes focus entirely on me. I quickly side eye Ace and see that he has sat up straighter, noticing that Hex has entered Darby's. My eyes go back to Hex as he walks closer. He knows Ace is here even though he doesn't acknowledge him.

His face doesn't change as he advances to the bar. Even with the risk of this going south quick I can't help the overwhelming feeling of relief that takes over my body now that he is here. Its like I can finally let down the guard I had held up all day and hand it over to Hex.

"Baby" Hex rumbles deep in his chest and leans over the bar, puckering his lips for a kiss. My lips meet his and my eyebrows pull together subtlety as I pull away. His back is to Ace and I watch closely, waiting for Ace to stand and take advantage of Hex's turned back. But he doesn't, he stays seated.

Only five more minutes until Rex starts telling everyone to leave and I pray the time to go faster.

"Hello brother" Harley exclaims, her face in a matching blank expression but their eyes speak words of anger, Hex's presence only re-igniting Harley's fury.

"Harley" Hex greets her with a nod of his head. His one worded sentences are scaring me more than they should.

Hex takes a seat at the bar, keeping his back to Ace, like he's restraining himself from doing something stupid.

Its moments like this that I realise how far Hex has come.

"I'm almost done" I mumble as he watches me closely. He nods.

My hope raises when I see Rex arrive and start going around to the tables and telling everyone that we're closing. Most people start packing up their belongings and heading towards the door. But Kevin is past the point of getting himself home and I don't know if Ace can be trusted to get him home, he obviously doesn't see Kevin as a friend and is only using him as an excuse to sit inside Darby's all day.

It clears out quickly and I work just a quick, hoping to leave as soon as possible. The muttering has come to almost silence as everyone leaves.

I keep an eye and ear on Rex as he goes back to Kevin and Ace's table. Despite the fact that they had been asked to leave, they both remain in their chairs.

Rex was having none of it.

"Ight Kevin, lets go" Rex's deep voice draws Kevin's lazy eyes up to him as Rex stands over him.

"Rex, I'm gonna need your help, mate" Kevin laughs to himself as he tries to stand.

Ace stands, swallowing the last of his drink and putting it back on the table with a slam. He turns and heads out the door without another word.

"See ya, Ace!" Kevin slurs loudly after him, waving at Ace's back. Ace doesn't turn but he does lift his hand over his shoulder in a goodbye.

Once the door closes behind him, I feel my shoulders sink and my lungs fill completely with air for the first time since he walked in the door this morning.

Rex grabs Kevin's underarm and hauls him up from his seat as a taxi pulls up out the front, their headlights on and waiting for someone to sit in their backseat.

"Thanks mate" Kevin says once he's on his feet. He stumbles as he walks and struggles with holding his jeans up on his thin waist but Rex walks behind him, ready to grab him if he trips on his feet.

They walk out the door, leaving only Harley, Hex and I in Darby's. Its quiet and I feel Hex's eyes all over me.

I finish up and grab my bag from under the bar as Rex walks back inside, the taxi along with Kevin now gone.

I walk to Hex as Harley finishes up. His arm wraps around me as I stand by his side, his touch calming me further.

"Want me to walk you out Harley?" Rex offers as Harley grabs the keys to Darby's. Hex stands and directs me in the direction of the front door.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks Rex" Harley puffs and slings her bag higher up on her shoulder.

I shut the lights off and Hex is the first to step foot out the door as I follow him.

"Bye Harley" I hug her as the four of us gather outside the door and Harley locks up.

"See you, bye Hex" she hugs me back and then walks to the left with Rex.

Hex's arm remains tightly clung around my waist and I huddle into his side to shield me from the cold. I look around knowing that Ace is probably lurking somewhere but Hex seems much more on edge than I do as his head turns in every direction, looking for anything that moves in the dark.

"Hex" I call quietly, hoping to get him to relax but he doesn't even look at me as he grabs my hand and kisses the back of it.

My car comes into view and I relax the closer we get to it.

"Rose!"

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

8.8M 249K 49
Arrested for a crime he didn't commit, eighteen year old Riley Parker is thrown into a maximum security prison to carry out his sentence. He expecte...
Will he Od tanz

Teenfikce

12.2K 272 46
Let's face it, We all have that one person who we secretly love, the person who's never going to know how much you care about them. The person who w...
557K 18K 42
It's been two years and Hex has served his time but with the restrictions of parole and his mothers illness weighing heavy on his shoulders will he b...
1.4M 41.8K 51
Out of His League is now published by W by Wattpad Books! You can get your hands on the paperback or E-book edition from the following link: https:w...