DARKSIDE // Aemond Targaryen

By BeAwesomeForLife

- from the deepest desires often comes the deadliest hate Ever since Rhaenyra was named heir, the Greens have... More

C A S T
Act I - Betrothal
ONE
TWO
THREE
Act II - Reunion
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
Act III - Corruption
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
Act IV - Passion
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
Act V - Heartbreak
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
Act VI - Hostility
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE

ELEVEN

2K 68 6
By BeAwesomeForLife

MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING – non-consensual sex

Days have passed painfully slowly. Aemond had been sent away to Dorne to speak on behalf of King Viserys regarding matters I was not allowed to know–I was beginning to worry when he didn't come home on the third day away. Dinners were tense and silent. Every since Aemond had left, I had to go back to high necklines and long sleeves on all my dresses, Helena questioned me intently, but I didn't have the heart to tell her what her husband was doing to me. I couldn't burden her with that knowledge.

The moment Aemond had left for Dorne, Aegon had found his way back to me again. It was on night one without Aemond, and I was in his chambers, practising my stitching on an eyepatch I had made for him–it was to be a welcome-home gift. The night had been a long one, I had refused to sleep until I finished his gift, but when Aegon stumbled into his brothers' chambers drunk, I wished I had slept earlier.

On day two without Aemond, the bruises left on my body were dark and swollen, and I had to go to the maesters to get treatment for them. However, when I returned to Aemond's chambers, Aegon was waiting for me again. No matter how much I protested, he still had his way with him.

"Do you know how much I've missed your body against mine?" Aegon would growl between pants as I silently cried.

Morning and night, I was defiled, and morning and night, I would request Moon Tea be brought to Aemond's chambers. My letters back home had stopped, and I had stopped working on Aemond's gift on day three. When Aemond had not returned after a week, and my torture continued, I decided to leave–my bags were packed by the morning of day eleven.

Only the Queen and Helaena stood in the Dragonpit to bid me farewell. "Do you have to go?" Helaena asked, taking my hands, "Aemond will return soon."

"My mother need's me back home," I lie straight to my closest friend's face.

I had lied about the reason I needed to leave, and I couldn't go around saying that Prince Aegon was raping me. So I told everyone that my mother needed me back on Dragonstone to help her care for my brothers, who had both been injured in a training session. It hurt to leave, but it had to be done.

I had convinced myself that Aemond wasn't back yet because he found company within the brothels of Dorne. We hadn't consummated our marriage or kissed each other yet; why did it matter? It was expected of Kings and Princes that they would only use their wives to give them heirs. Aemond couldn't be any different.

The Queen wished me safe travels, and Helaena said she would write to me and pray for my return. I said my goodbyes and mounted Silverwing, ready for my long flight home. It was peaceful to be among the clouds, but my head was dizzy from my rapid thoughts, and I was also sick from the anxiety.

Upon my arrival, my mother and brothers embraced me tightly–I had missed these hugs. I looked over my mother's shoulder to see Daemon standing there smiling; I had missed him too. It had almost been a full turn of the moon away from home.

"What brings you home, my child?" My mother asks, leading me inside the walls of Dragonstone.

"I missed the comfort of my family," I said, trying to keep the lie going.

My mother smiles, "we have missed you here as well."

After I had washed up, I went to pick a dress to wear for dinner. My eyes fell on the blue dresses I owned, now neatly packed away, and I felt my heart break. I had left Aemond's gift on his desk, not bothering to bring it with me, but seeing the dresses he had picked for me to wear, there was no shaking the pain.

I opted for a black and red dress instead. I rushed to put it on and hoped nobody would come in to see the bruises littering my body. Once my hair was braided, I made my way to the dining hall of Dragonstone; it had been so long since I'd been home I almost forgot my way there.

Baela and Rhaena were there too, and the women sat opposite the men on one side of the table. I took my seat across from Daemon, and I could feel his stare burning into me as dinner was served–ignoring him was not an option. The conversation was light, and my brothers asked me all the questions about my stay in Kings Landing as they could; I was happy to answer most of them.

Being back home with family brought me comfort. The laughter around the table left a sharp pain in my heart, and I wished Aemond was here to experience how an authentic family meal should be. I had to remind myself that he was not here and not coming.

After dinner, Jacerys and Lucerys stood tall next to me, showing me how much they had grown since I'd been gone. This earned a laugh from my mother and Daemon. "I'm still only just taller than you, Luke," I laughed, shoving my brother to the side.

Music began to play in this happiest tune, and all of us children danced with one another–by the end of the night, I was sore from laughter. I had not laughed like that in a long time, and it felt nice. As everything quieted down, my mind wandered to Aemond again. Was he back from Dorne yet? Had he seen I had left? Did he miss me? Was he on his way here right now on Vhgar?

I made my way back to my chambers–still thinking of Aemond–when a voice called to me. I turned and saw Daemon standing in the hallway with his arms crossed, and I knew he had found me out. As he approaches, I hold my breath and start thinking of all the ways I could escape this conversation. Daemon was clever, and I knew I could not fool him as I had done with the rest of my family; my father was more intelligent than that and a cunning man.

"Daughter," he hums, leaning against the wall, "would you like to reveal the truth of your return or should I force it out of you?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and hold my hands tightly together behind my back. "What truth?" I asked, knowing that this would get me in more trouble.

Daemon pushes himself off the wall and steps closer. I feel my nausea come back as he towers over me. "This truth," he speaks, pulling the sleeve of my dress off my shoulder to reveal a deep purple bruise.

I shut my eyes tightly to try and avoid Daemons' harsh stare, but it is of no use. "Look at me, Visenya," he demands, and I slowly open my eyes, "what did I tell you?"

He states more than asks, and I shrink away. I'm embarrassed of myself and letting the truth be found out, I had been so careful not to tell a soul, and here I was, being shunned for being a victim. Tears form in my eyes, and my lip trembles, "I'm sorry."

Daemon is confused by my apology and looks around for anyone listening to our conversation. "Did Prince Aemond not do this?" He leans in and whispers.

Now it's my turn to be confused. This bruise was the opposite of what Aemond had done to me in our time together. I shake my head no and Daemon studies my face, finally understanding what had caused this bruise. "You are not with child, are you?"

I shake my head again, and Daemon sighs. "I have to tell Rhaenyra of this," he said, pulling my sleeve back up to cover the bruise.

"No!" I shout, gripping his shoulders tightly, "nobody must know."

"Then give me a name daughter, and I shall have their cock chopped off and fed to Caraxes," his tone is one of disgust and anger.

I shake my head for the third time, "there will be no name nor cock chopping."

"Visenya," Daemon warns, "either give me a name or I tell your mother."

I sigh and take a deep breath. "Daemon, I have it under control–" Lie "–you have no reason to worry–" Lie "–and I am okay." All lies.

Daemon studies my face for a moment before he nods. "Does your husband know of this disrespect?" He asks, anger still radiating off his body.

"No, and he musn't, not until I am with his child," I tell him, lightly brushing my fingers over my betrothal necklace.

He nods and walks off down the hallway. I let out a heavy sigh and silently prayed that he doesn't tell my mother of this scandal. If this information were to make it back to Kings Landing, who knows what repercussions I would face.

–––––

My trip to Dorne had gone on longer than expected. I was an envoy to try and get the Dornish prince to surrender to Targaryen rule yet again. I was a prisoner in their dungeons for seven days before they released me on the word from my Grand-sire, the Hand. When I returned, the Dragonkeepers and servants refused to look at me, more than usual.

What had happened since I left eleven days ago? I made my way straight to my chambers, hoping to find Visenya. She had not greeted me when I returned as I expected her to; maybe she did not know of my arrival. When I enter my chambers, I do not find Visenya but my brother waiting for me, a wine cup in hand.

"Brother!" He cheers, "welcome home." I watch as Aegon pours me a cup of wine and hands it out to me, but I do not take it.

"Where is Visenya?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

She did not welcome me home and wasn't in my chambers. There are many places she can hide from me in the Red Keep, but Visenya had no reason to hide from me. My mind begins to race as Aegon doesn't answer. Was she hurt? Had she been taken? Did she hate me so much that she didn't wish to see me again?

"Aegon–" I step closer to him "–where is she?"

Aegon's lips press tightly together. "She left," he mumbles, taking a sip of wine and refusing to meet my eye.

"What!?" I scream furiously and grab my brother's shirt tightly, almost picking him up from the floor.

The wine drops from his hand and spills onto the floor, but I pay it no mind. "Why did she leave? Where did she go? When did she leave?" I shoot questions at my brother, fury and panic setting in.

"Dragonstone! This morning!" Aegon yells, begging me to let him go.

I let go, and he crumbles to the ground. I yell at him to get out, and he does in a rush. I pace my room with my thoughts consuming me. I had not meant to leave her alone for so long, had someone laid their hands on her again, I warned I would have their eye and teeth if anyone threatened my wife.

I slam my hands down on my desk and yell in frustration before wiping everything from the table. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself, which is of no use, but then I see an eyepatch on the ground I hadn't seen before. I bend down and pick it up, turning it over in my hand, admiring it. The leather is soft and embroidered with the leaf of a weirwood tree in light blue stitching.

This confirms for me that Visenya did not leave because of me, but the design is unfinished. She had left in a rush. I shove the eyepatch in my pocket and storm off down the halls and into the Dragonpit–I had only just arrived, but now I was going to find my wife.

–––––

It was almost sunrise when Prince Aemond arrived on Dragonstone in search of Visenya. Vhgar's landing caused the island's castle to shake and awaken some of its inhabitants, including Visenya. The girl had barely slept last night and was awoken from her short sleep by a monstrous roar; she knew only one dragon who was as loud as that.

Visenya tore the blankets away from her body and hurried to put on her robe, running through the hallways of Dragonstone with bare feet. She did not care for the cold at this moment; she knew the man who had come for her was more important than putting on shoes.

Aemond dismounted Vhgar as quickly as possible and ran to the castle's main entrance. He knew he had to find Visenya, and nothing would stop him from reaching her, holding her in his arms like it was the end of the world. His heart was beating in his throat, and the adrenaline pumping in his veins only made him run faster; he would find her if it was the last thing he did.

The sun was rising–the orange and purple colours mixing in the sky as the ocean beat down below. Visenya knew where she was running to, where her heart and ears had told her, where Aemond had landed Vhgar. As she threw open the doors, the cold air struck her face, and her feet made contact with the rough stone, but she kept running.

The air in front of Visenya's mouth created fog as she breathed heavily. Aemond's brow began to sweat as he kept running. Soon the two became visible to each other, encouraging them to run faster.

"Aemond!" Visenya cried, the wind carrying her voice to him.

Aemond's heart jumped as Visenya called his name. She hadn't forgotten about him. He was relieved to see her running towards him, and he knew that as soon as he had her in his arms, he would kiss her. Aemond's time away from Visenya had made him realise how much he had taken their time together for granted. All those days locked away had made him miss her touch and him sleeping beside her. He was almost driven to the formidable Targaryen madness.

The girl had almost cried when she saw the man she had been waiting over a week for. His face lit up when she called his name, and her skin longed for his touch. Only a short run now, and they would embrace each other like Visenya had been waiting a long time for.

"Aemond! Where have you–"

Visenya's sentence is cut off as Aemond slams his lips against hers. She was caught off guard and frozen for a moment–the warmth of Aemond's mouth on her brought her back to life. Aemond's hands held Visenya's face tightly as their lips crashed together, almost in an animalistic hunger. He was worried for a second when she didn't respond, afraid he had crossed a boundary; he began to withdraw his mouth from hers.

Visenya could have cursed Aemond for pulling away; she only followed her heart in what felt right. Visenya grabbed Aemond's face and pulled him back into the kiss, shocked at her actions. She had been waiting for this moment for so long, and now that it finally came, she never wanted it to end. Aemond held her waist tightly and kissed her back, feeling the electricity moving between them.

The sun had just breached above the water as the two kissed each other, lips and bodies moving in perfect harmony as if they were made for one another. Visenya's heart raced and pounded in her chest; she had never imagined kissing Aemond would feel as good as it did–he tasted like a sweet fruit but smelled like a burning bonfire–she knew she never wanted this to end.

Aemond held the girl he had been so desperate to get back to tightly; he didn't care if the people of Dragonstone were watching them, all he wanted was her. Her lips were as soft as the clouds he felt when riding Vhgar, and she tasted like the first bloom of Spring. Visenya's skin was cold, but her body was warmed from the inside.

They never wanted this moment to end.

The kiss came to a close as both of them ran out of breath. They pulled away from each other and rested their foreheads together–the only sounds heard were their breaths and the ocean below.

Aemond was the first to open his eye, staring at the woman before him. He could see the bruises on her skin from the corner of his eye, but he knew it was for another time; all he cared about was her. When Visenya's eyes opened and met his, a smile erupted on his face, as big as the Doom, and he finally felt at peace.

Visenya watched Aemond's eye sparkle and the corner crease, making her smile. "You left me," she whispers, staring at him through her lashes.

"And it broke me everyday to be apart from you, my dear," Aemond replied, pulling his wife in tighter and tracing circles on her back.

Goosebumps rose on Visenya's skin; she did not expect to be outside in only her nightgown and robe. "I promise that I will never leave your side again, until I take my final breath," Aemond spoke softly, wishing for this moment never to end.

"Kiss me again husband," Visenya said, grabbing the hair at the back of Aemond's neck.

So he did; they kissed each other until the sun was well into the sky and the people of Dragonstone were awake and working. Even then, the pair could hardly keep their hands off each other, finally making steps to solidify their marriage vows to one another four years ago.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 51.9K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 38.6K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
362K 21.6K 77
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 59.9K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...