TWELVE

Aemond had stayed on Dragonstone with me until I was ready to go home. Daemon wasn't pleased that the One-Eyed Prince had stayed, but he was happy that I was safe, and I was glad he had joined me in my chambers. We had spent every night together, stealing small kisses from each other and holding each other tightly as we fell asleep. I had never wanted to leave his arms.

The sun rose on a new day, and I knew that even though we would have to return to King's Landing soon. I groaned, and Aemond shifted his weight in the bed, pulling me tightly against him. "My dear wife," he hums against my ear, "we have to get up."

Aemond kisses my forehead, and I smile. He continues kissing all over my face but never once on my lips. "Aemond," sigh into his touch, "please."

"Please what love?" He hums, kissing down the side of my neck and holding my waist tightly.

"Kiss me," I moaned, arching my back to meet his lips.

A gasp escapes my lips as he flips himself on top of me. He is staring down at me, his eye patch still on, and his hair creates a curtain around us. For a moment, we stay unmoving until I grab my arms around his neck and pull his face down to meet mine, our lips colliding.

The sparks in my body explode in a freezy as we kiss. One of Aemond's hands grips my waist tightly, and the other is beside my head to keep himself above me. His body pushes down onto mine, and I moan again, an unusual feeling building deep within me. My hand brushes his bare chest, and I scratch at his skin.

The hand on my waist travels down my body and finds its way to my behind. His hand travels all over my thigh and behind before his hand goes under my nightgown, pushing it high. His hand makes contact with my almost bare behind, and my heart begins to race–not in a good way.

Behind my closed eyes, I see flashes of Aegon. His face and the pain he caused me consume my mind and body as I am transported to a darker time. My body is shaking, and I am frozen at the moment; I can't breathe or even think straight, and the tears begin to fall.

"Aemond, stop," I whisper the first time he doesn't hear me. "Aemond, please stop," I said louder this time, and he stopped.

His eye is concerned as he sees the tears rolling down my cheek and onto my bed. He quickly removes himself from my body and moves to the side, taking my face in his hands. "Visenya?" He questions, "are you okay? What happened?"

My body is trembling, and I turn into Aemond's side, hiding my tears from him. He holds me tightly as I try to block out the memories from flooding back in and consuming me in a tidal wave. I can feel Aemond's hand stroking my hair and rubbing circles on my back. After a moment, the tears stop following, and I can finally breathe again, but my face is red, and I'm exhausted. "Are you okay, Visenya?"

"I'm fine now," I said, pulling myself from the bed.

"You can talk to me, you know," Aemond says, and I can hear him follow me to where I keep my dresses.

His arms wrap around my waist, and I can't help but lean into his touch. He places his head on my shoulder from behind and lightly kisses it. I take a deep breath and allow Aemond to comfort me without words; his presence alone is enough to calm me down, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" He hums, and I can feel his breath and vibrations on my skin.

"For not giving you what you want," I said, turning to face him.

Aemond cups my face lightly, and he presses his lips gently to my forehead–the tingling sensation breaks out on my skin, and I feel as if the world has slipped away. "I only want you when you're ready," Aemond mumbles, lips moving against my forehead as he speaks.