Bungou Stray Dogs x Male Read...

By savorysilence

Hello all! This is my first male reader oneshots book so I'm curious to see how this plays out. Despite the... More

Notices
Chuuya x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Atsushi x Reader
Akutagawa x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Ranpo x Reader
Atsushi x Reader
Requests (Slow)
Gin x Reader
Kyouka x Reader
Kouyou x Reader
Ranpo x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Fyodor x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Akutagawa x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Ranpo x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Yosano x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Nikolai x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Sigma x Reader
Yosano x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Kyouka x Reader
Poe x Reader
Fyodor x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Tachihara x Reader
Ranpo x Reader
Oda x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Oda x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Nikolai x Reader
Tachihara x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Ranpo x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Chuuya x Reader (Part 1)
Chuuya x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Tachihara x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Chuuya x Reader (Part 2)
Jouno x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Akutagawa x Reader (Part 1)
Atsushi x Reader (Part 1)
Mori x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Atsushi x Reader (Part 2)
Junichiro x Reader
Sigma x Reader (Part 1)
Chuuya x Reader
Tetchou x Reader
Atsushi x Reader
Sigma x Reader (Part 2)
Jouno x Reader (Part 1)
Reader (The Guild)
Jouno x Reader (Part 2)
Kunikida x Reader
Oda x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Poe x Ranpo x Reader
Fyodor x Reader
Tetchou x Reader (Part 1)
Kunikida x Reader
Tetchou x Reader (Part 2)
Reader (The ADA)
Akutagawa x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Nikolai x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Nikolai x Reader
Kyouka x Reader (Part 1)
Kyouka x Reader (Part 2)
Nikolai x Reader (Part 1)•
Ranpo x Reader
Sigma x Reader
Sigma x Reader
Bram x Reader
Sigma x Reader
Nikolai x Reader (Part 1)
Ranpo x Reader
Poe x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Nikolai x Reader (Part 2)
Tetchou x Reader
Nikolai x Reader (Part 2)•
Ango x Reader
Akutagawa x Reader (Part 2)
Jouno x Reader
Sigma x Reader (Part 1)•
Nikolai x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Poe x Reader
Jouno x Reader x Tetchou
Dazai x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Sigma x Reader (Part 2)•
Tachihara x Reader
Nathaniel x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Chuuya and Reader
Fyodor x Reader
Tetchou x Reader
Poe x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Fyodor x Nikolai x Reader
Jouno x Reader
Odasaku x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Kunikida x Reader
Dazai x Reader
Akutagawa x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Chuuya x Reader
Nikolai x Reader x Fyodor
Fukuzawa x Reader
Fyodor x Reader
Fukuzawa x Reader
Akutagawa x Reader
Sigma x Reader
Akutagawa x Reader (Part 2)

Kyouka x Reader

1.5K 19 1
By savorysilence

Sorry this took so long!  It is an altered version of the other Kyouka story per @HantraxHF request!

Her hands were small in mine and trembling slightly though my own weren't much better.  Small unshed tears glistened in her eyes making them even brighter than their usual sparkle.  We were young and didn't realize just what the future would hold for us and how twisted fate tends to be. 

Kyouka squeezed my hands gently, an unspoken promise passing between us.  "We'll see each other again, Kyo.  I'll find you when I'm older," I whispered.  Even as a very young child I was motivated to grow up in order to see her again.  The relocation of my family couldn't keep us away forever, right? 

"I'll be here," she mumbled quietly.  And with one last hug I was scooped into the family vehicle and the space between Kyouka and I grew.

~~~

The young woman in front of me was almost unrecognizable, almost.  My eyes widened in familiarity as she only stared back blankly.  Years had passed since we last saw each other and the time had changed her for the beautiful.  Her dark hair was tied in two loose tails that fell down her back and she wore a lovely deep red kimono that brought out the blue of her eyes. 

I could tell by the puzzled look on her face that she didn't recognize me and my own changes.  I've of course gotten taller as well as older and on top of all of that I wore a mask over my face which hid all my important features. 

"I'm looking for the Armed Detective Agency?"  My question felt silly compared to everything else that wanted to spew from my mouth.  I wanted to burst with glee that we have been reunited, that fate and destiny had twined us together and that she's always been at the back of my mind ever since we were separated but I didn't say any of that.  Times had changed and the friendship we once had died a long time ago even though the happy memories still lingered. 

"This is the right building.  I'll go get Kunikida," her small voice rang out gently.  I bit my tongue from making any comments on how her voice was still sweet and true after all these years.  I watched her leave as my thoughts started to slow from the initial shock. 

She didn't know who I was and as much as I wanted to rip off my mask to reveal myself there was something holding me back.  She shouldn't even be here, her home was miles and miles away and I certainly never imagined her working somewhere like the ADA.  There was also a haunted look in her eyes that didn't quite click in my brain with the usual wonder-filled ones I used to know.  Something must've happened after all this time, it only made sense that life wouldn't stay the same for either of us. 

If I revealed who I was, would it drive her away?  Would she feel some type of pressure from an old life?  Maybe it was better that she didn't know my true identity.  I could still look out for her, maybe even build a new friendship with her, but either way we would never be the same.

~~~

Months had passed since then and it had taken only days for Kyouka to warm towards me and a new friendship to blossom.  Granted she didn't know who I really was and I was extra careful to keep my mask on whenever she was around.  Under no circumstances was I to show my face to her.  My strong fear suggested that I should keep a safe barrier between us for the time being. 

It didn't seem to matter though as we traded stories, told jokes and fought side by side as if we had never been torn apart in the first place.  Every laugh from her, every smile was worth the pain of keeping her at a safe distance. 

I walked up the steps to my apartment with a small smile on my face, the reassuring weight of my mask on my face lulling me to complacency. 

Pausing a moment to pull out my keys from my pocket I allowed myself the thought of a day where I would have to reveal myself to Kyouka.  We've regained our friendship but there was a chance of it dying off if I kept pushing her away like this. 

Turning the key in the lock I chuckled sadly at my predicament.  It doesn't matter now though.  A sigh drained from my body at the smell of home and the comfortable solitude it symbolized. 

I shuffled to the kitchen after shutting and locking the door, practically throwing open the fridge to snatch a quick snack.  Looking over my shoulder quickly first, I checked for any lingering shadows but there was nothing but welcome silence.  My hand went to pull at the string of my mask behind my head, slightly anxious still, even when I was alone.  Taking the mask off was somewhat of a relief though, especially after a long day of work and hiding. 

I took a bite of the snack before heading to pass out on the couch, the food in my hand instantly falling to the ground with a thump.  I blanched at the sight of Kyouka standing there, practically fuming and something straight out of my worst nightmares.  My hands darted to cover my face in terror but it was already too late.  That look in her eyes had already clicked the pieces of the hellish puzzle together and she was just as furious as I had imagined. 

"Kyo, please, I have a reason for this if you let me explain," I desperately rasped out, the feeling of suffocating almost unbearable.  Her mouth was a tight line, the sign of a person who wasn't going to hear any excuses. 

"I didn't want you to know who I was because I was afraid that everything would be awkward or weird or I'd find out that you had long ago cut me out from your mind and I couldn't handle that Kyo," my voice wavered.  "I couldn't lose you again, not after I had just gotten you back.  But I swear I am so sorry for not telling you soon—". 

A harsh sting erupted across my face as Kyouka's hand slapped me.  I didn't dare move as I felt myself shut down in response.  She glared at me but I was too distraught to notice the small tears pricking at the corners of her narrowed eyes. 

"You led me on for months on the premise that we had just met and kept yourself away because you're a coward," she whispered, almost too quiet to hear.  "I don't want to speak to you anymore."  I reached out, trying to pull her into an embrace.  I needed to explain everything to her but she only shoved my arms away.  And with that and a blink of an eye she was gone, leaving me here with tears pooling down my stinging face at what I had done.

~~~

Kyouka's POV

This fury and pain mixing inside me was sinister.  He should've told me sooner.  He should've revealed himself that first day.  He didn't have to hide from me and start our friendship all over again as if all those years spent together meant nothing.  I wanted to leave him behind, walking away after slapping him.  But as I glanced over my shoulder, a sharp ache panged in my chest. 

Tears were in his eyes and his expression was one of regret and sadness.  It hurt to see him like that and a small part of me yearned to go back and wipe his tears away but I left him alone, moving on and away from him as if that would ease the pain.

~~~

A whole week passed by and my sadness seemed to only grow over time.  Each attempt I made to apologize was only greeted with a cold shoulder and an equally cold stare.  It was clear that Kyouka wouldn't be forgiving me or even talking to me anytime soon.  Despite our shattered friendship and lack of communication, we still had work to do for the ADA. 

She still managed to push me away each mission we were paired for though, my anxiousness increasing whenever she was suddenly gone from my side but in all of those cases she had decided to just go on ahead and complete the assignment without my help.  It made me uneasy that I was seen as expendable by her, that I was easy to toss aside after everything we've had together. 

I glanced over to Kyouka, surprisingly still by my side.  She usually didn't stick with me this long and would've already disappeared into the shadows to take on our target by herself.  I wasn't sure what was making her stay but it gave me the smallest amount of hope. 

It could just be the fact that we weren't entirely sure what we were headed towards, the only information given to us was by an anonymous informant for the ADA giving a tip of some criminal activity in the area.  In my opinion the whole thing sounded sketchy but Kunikida assured us that they were a credible source. 

With no other option than to complete the mission, I found myself increasingly nervous with the awkward silence of Kyouka and suspicious quietness of the alleyway we were now in.  If something were to happen I had to make sure she was okay.  Even if she clearly didn't care for me anymore, that didn't stop my own feelings from caring for her. 

The slightest scrabbling of something sharp on stone from behind us had me darting in front of Kyouka without a second thought, my back bracing for a hit that never came as my arms reached to wrap around the dark haired girl in front of me. 

It took a few quiet, adrenaline filled moments before I felt Kyouka stir in my hold, my head turning to look over my shoulder at the empty space where the strange sound had come from.  Hands pushed on my chest harshly as Kyouka angrily turned away from me, my face burning with embarrassment at my wrong instincts.  This mission apparently had me more on edge than I had originally thought. 

I watched solemnly as Kyouka marched on ahead without looking back to make sure I was following.  My heart fell even further knowing I had, yet again, screwed up.  Eyes falling to the ground, however, I spotted the glimmer of something out of the corner of my eye. 

I brushed aside my shame momentarily as I focused on the strange wiring on the littered ground.  It looked far too complex to have been thrown away or placed casually.  A red light flickered suddenly as I felt the blood rush out of my face at the realization.  My legs ached with the sudden force of sprinting down the alleyway where Kyouka stormed off, the wires twirling on the ground with a silver canister just steps away from us. 

My hands reached out desperately, my fingers gripping the soft fabric of her kimono and giving it a harsh tug that sent her flying backwards as my momentum drove me forward, the silver canister exploding under me in a blinding inferno that sent my body into agonizing shock.  I hit the ground hard, my skin flaming with the pain of a thousand cuts.  There was only a blurry darkness and the screams of someone begging me to wake up.

~~~
Flashback

The day was warm and colored in warm earthy tones with the taste of sweetness in the wind.  It was an early memory, one of my earliest that tended to be nearly forgotten about.  Two young children ran around giggling in the yard with not a care or worry in the world.  The adults sat up at the house with warm smiles adorning their features at the sight of such a sweet friendship, one that appeared strong enough to be unbroken for anything. 

The boy held a ball the size of his head to his chest with a goofy grin pulling at his cheeks.  He watched as the girl caught up to him with a slight reddish hue to her cheeks from the constant running.  She, also, wore a wide smile, one that was rare when she wasn't around the boy. 

"I wanna play house now," she called to him.  His smile didn't falter as he dropped the ball to join her side.  She giggled as he took her hand in his and gently pulled her along to one of the nearby trees. 

"This could be our house!  I'll be the papa and you can be the mama!" he exclaimed cheerily.  The girl halted at the proposition that almost sounded scandalous to a small girl.  She shook her head gently, her arms crossing at the prospect. 

"I can't be the mama," she pouted.  The boy looked confused but didn't change his mind as his stubbornness pushed forward. 

"Why not?"  He almost sounded disappointed at the idea of rejection that even at a young age he was fairly aware of.  The girl huffed as if the reason were obvious. 

"You'd have to marry me.  I can't be the mama if I'm not married."  The boy brightened before he ran off.  The girl called his name but he was long gone.  She continued to pout and call his name. 

He had only left for a few minutes before he was back with his hands behind his back conspiratorially.  He dropped to one knee before her as he brought out his hands.  A small flower was clutched in his sweaty palms.  The young girl didn't fully understand the feeling that bubbled up inside her; the very feeling that would haunt her for years to come. 

"Will you marry me?" he proposed happily.  The girl shook her head once more to the boy's disappointment.  He just wanted to play but it was becoming rather insulting that she wouldn't accept him.  "Why not?" he whined. 

"We're too young," she mumbled half heartedly.  She shyly poked her toe into the dirt as she still didn't take the flower from the boy's hand.  He didn't stop though.  This was his best friend and he couldn't understand why she wouldn't take his flower and his proposal. 

A new dedication made a bright smile slip past his lips.  He stood back up and wrapped the girl's hands around the stem of the flower.  She looked up at him as their eyes met. 

"Then one day we will get married!  When we're older we can have a wedding!  I won't leave your side, I promise, Kyo" he exclaimed.  She could only nod at his promise.

~~~

It had turned out to be an explosive planted to exterminate any ADA members lurking in the area.  The anonymous informant was a fraud and a spy for some gang. 

I had woken up in a hospital bed alone and numb with the faint happiness of my old memory quickly draining to sorrow.  I knew nothing would be the same between Kyouka and I ever again like it used to be.  I should've just been braver and revealed myself earlier and I might not be here, tears rolling down my face in physical and emotional pain. 

At least the aching was beginning to subside, the work of Dr. Yosano when she came in to explain the rat situation with the ADA.  I didn't bother to ask where Kyouka was, Yosano would have told me if she was hurt. 

Instead, I began formulating how I was going to quit and where I was going to go after that.  It wasn't going to do anyone good if I stuck around.  Kyouka didn't want me here anymore and my own emotions would only spiral if I stayed where I was seen as a liar, nothing more and everything less. 

I slowly managed to pull myself out of the hospital bed with a few groans but once I was on my feet, it only became clearer what I had to do. 

~~~

Kyouka's POV

Walking down the hallway, my head wandered with thoughts of y/n.  He's been plaguing my mind for nonstop days now ever since I found out his true identity, even more so when he got caught in the explosion.  No matter how full of rage I was that he hid from me for so long, I couldn't help this overwhelming emotion that has spread through me. 

So when I peeked into the recovery room to find his bed empty, my unease grew.  He should've been resting for at least another day with his injuries.  I looked around to find no clues for how long he was gone and Yosano wasn't here watching him to tell me where he went. 

I hurried out of the room to begin asking around for where he went and why he wasn't resting more when I heard his voice muffled nearby.  The sound seemed to come from around the corner along with a deeper tone that I recognized as Fukuzawa's.  A mix of curiosity and concern guided me to quietly step forward. 

"Are you sure of your choice?" Fukuzawa questioned, clear disappointment in his voice.  I couldn't see the two of them but I heard y/n sigh in exhaustion.  The mere sound of it filled me with guilt and pity.  He sounded so beat down, as if he lost a war he's been fighting for years. 

"I can't stay here anymore.  I've hurt someone I loved and it seems there's no way I can help her but to leave," y/n whispered, pain evident in his soft voice.  The ache in my heart only spread in sorrow.  After having him back, did I really make him feel like he had to leave to bring me happiness?  I needed to make things right, to fix this for us because even though I still felt betrayed, I couldn't let him go.

~~~

This was it.  My badge was turned in, my uniform gone and my head filled with hateful feelings.  I didn't bother to say goodbye to anyone, I wasn't really close with anyone anyway and the only person I cared about was nowhere to be found.  She probably didn't want to see me though. 

I looked out my apartment window for probably the last time.  Giving up my job at the ADA also meant giving up their provided living quarters.  I wasn't exactly sure where I was going next but knew it had to be away from here. 

The view didn't mean anything when the reality of being hated turned everything into a sickly sight.  I could practically still feel where Kyouka had slapped me.  My fingers absently brushed across the still slightly tender spot over my mask. 
Another memory surfaced in my mind of the first time I had met Kyouka. 

She had been small and shy, petite for someone who would later become an assassin.  My family had moved in next door and there weren't many other kids to hang out with.  Her family had invited mine for a welcome party dinner hosted at their house which my parents accepted excitedly. 

In truth, I recall not wanting to go, still upset that we even moved there in the first place but if my parents hadn't dragged me to that party I would've never met my best friend.  It hadn't taken me long to become bored and so I had found myself in the backyard under a large tree, poking at the ground in boredom when a small girl walked up to me. 

She had been quiet but clearly wanted to play.  When I asked for her name she mumbled very quietly, "Kyouka" but I had only heard 'Kyo' at the time.  I still remember the bright light that passed into her eyes when I repeated the name 'Kyo' back to her, our friendship quickly blooming just because of a misunderstood name. 

I gave one last sigh as the memory faded before turning to the door only for deja vu to strike at the dark haired figure in front of me.  My heart couldn't help but pound at the sight of her here though my initial reaction was to take a cautious step back.  My stare dropped to the floor quickly, bracing myself for whatever she came here to say. 

"I'm sorry."  I felt myself jolt with shock at the whisper.  My eyes met hers to find, not malice like I had been expecting, but a sad tenderness that made something flutter in my chest. 

"I was so blinded by this feeling of betrayal that I didn't think about how hard it must've been for you to hide yourself for so long or why you did," her voice wavered slightly.  Her fingers began to fidget in front of her and her stare dropped to the ground bashfully.  I didn't say a word, seeing that she had more to say and I didn't want to break what was slowly beginning to come back together. 

"I had a dream the other night, about the time when you promised to marry me one day."  I watched her face flush red as heat crept into my own expression.  "You also promised to stay by my side that day.  It wasn't your fault we were separated but I think I blamed you for leaving me so easily and it became too much to realize that the person I felt guilty for falling for had turned out to be the same person I felt I couldn't betray," she whispered, flustered and bashful yet still holding strong. 

I couldn't help my shocked expression, nervous but hopeful energy swirling in my veins pleasantly.  Her hands reached towards me as I flinched in reaction when her fingers pried my mask off, her eyes instantly trailing to the mark on my face where her hand had slapped me merely days before.  Kyouka's expression turned regretful but she didn't stop as her hands held my face tenderly, making me smile softly.  She leaned in quickly, placing a sweet kiss on the mark before gently laying her head on my shoulder. 

"I don't want you to go.  I want to cuddle like we used to as children," she pleaded quietly.  It took me a minute to shake off the excited blurriness of my thoughts but my decision instantly flipped.  I'd go wherever Kyouka told me, do whatever would bring her happiness.  My arms wound around her carefully, her own wrapping around my neck. 

"I won't leave if you don't want me to, Kyo," I whispered.  She nodded against my shoulder, a stray strand of her hair tickling my neck.  I wanted to stay like this forever, warm and tingly in Kyouka's embrace like I wasn't meant to be anywhere else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 103 27
Some Haikyuu one shots. There are mostly x readers, but when the mood strikes I'll make an x OC. The posting is going to be super fucking slow, but i...
3.6K 129 21
Just a collection of short Bungou Stray Dogs stories, hope you like it! I use random first names to replace the reader's, but you can read by replaci...
184K 1.7K 21
writing shit i think about on a daily basis. [DISCONTINUED] trying to include every character if possible and to not put a specific gender on the rea...