Fire Escape

By ThatOneCringeGirl

ever sense Error can remember, hes dedicated his life to giving his dying brother, Geno, a gift. the gift of... More

Prologue: hired
Chapter 1: a new morning
Chapter 2: Puke It Up.
Chapter 3: a rising suspicion
Chapter 4: everything is overthinking
Chapter 5: is it worth something I cant control?
Chapter 6: is this good news?
Chapter 7: once the sunlight is gone
Chapter 9: he never came home
Chapter 10: this cruel city
Chapter 11: home sweet home
Chapter 12: hes not home. Yet.
Chapter 13: what does this mean?
Chapter 14: whos better for me..?
Chapter 15: a very sudden change of feeling.
Chapter 16: dancing in the rain.
Chapter 17: a reason to cry.
Chapter 18: cold
Chapter 19..
Chapter 20: ..Nothing once more..
Epilogue: a happy ending

Chapter 8: did you plan for the sun to rise?

755 58 22
By ThatOneCringeGirl

( hello lovelies! I would just like to say I'm sorry for the long wait! I was sick all week, and simply didnt have the energy to do much of anything! But I finally managed to get this chapter out!

This isnt my best chapter, and some parts where kinda rushed, but I font want to keep anyone else waiting! So enjoy, and have a great day!!)

Error POV: I sat in the large charter bus. I managed to pay for a two hour drive one way. I tried to listen to music as the scenery passed by, but I couldnt shake the feeling of anxiety.

Was I really going through with this..?

Was I really leaving my life behind..?

Would this make me happy?

I anxiously watched the city I was supost to spend my whole life in, fade from my view.

I nearly jumped out of my seat as I felt my phone start to vibrate as moms phone contact popped up on the screen, calling me with an aggressive ringtone that only gave me more anxiety.

Should I answer?

Should I really go through with this..?

I looked at my phone with longing, but i knew it was for the best that i was, quote unquote, dead.

I watched as the phone vibrated before my phone finally went black, as the phone sent mom to voicemail.

Geno started texting me. Alongside mom.

'Geno: error. Are you alright?? Please answer-'

'Mom: please say your alright. Oh god please answer.'

'Geno: brother. please respond.'

'Mom: sweetheart tell me your alright. Please- my heart cant take this-'

Huh..

I'm guessing the news got out about the burning apartment..

Geno and mother called countless times. I used all my self control to not call them back. Not to answer and start bawling my eyes out. Not to apologize over and over again and to beg for mom to come pick me up.

I was scared.. but I know it was for the best. This would help me..

Right?

.....

I watched as the scenery flew by. Seconds seemed like hours as my soul started to pound. My anxiety and guilt flooded my head as the time passed by. I watched as we passed old abandoned citys overgrown with plants, and then large cities where people flooded the street, and never seemed to be not busy. Busy roads on large highways, and small backroads in dark forests. Yet none of the time passed made me feel any better..

Sooner or later, I arrived at a large town and the bus slammed to a stop. The dark sky made the empty bus seem eerie. The bus driver looked back at me with a nonchalant look.

"This is where we part ways dude. You payed for this stop. Not to mention I'm tired. I wanna go home man."

I just nodded, and grabbed my single bag.

I left the warmth of the bus to be met with a large empty street, lit by dim lamplight. The breeze blew and sent a cold shiver down my spine, nearly knocking me over as the bus doors closed behind me and the large vehicle drove away.

Leaving me alone in a new, unforgiving city.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the temperature.

Nearly snow temps..

Great..

I pulled up my hoodie and zipped my jacket, started to shiver slightly. Steam coming from my breath.

I pull out my phone and go to Google, looking for nearby hotels to stay at. I see one in walking distance that was cheap enough for me to buy. I started walking with my head down, ignoring the looming buildings that stood ominously side by side. Only 1 or 2 cars passed me and showed any sign of life besides the occasional passer-buyer on the sidewalk.

The eerie feeling of the flickering overhead lamps made the large city seeming even more dead. I looked at my my phone and took a glance at google maps, looking at the city name.

Pentral..

Huh..

I've heard of this city before.

Supposedly it's pretty busy and lively when its daytime. They have festivals and fairs that stop by, and have concerts at the local stadium. It's a place for "great job opportunities" and "a great friendly city to begin an amazing life."

Ironic huh?

I stumble across the hotel that I had searched on my phone. It was small, and its brick exterior seemed pretty old. It wasn't all that pretty, but I didnt expect anything else based on the price. I entered through a pair of glass sliding doors, to be met with a women smoking a cigarette at the front counter while looking at her phone.

She looks up at me, looking me up and down, before rolling her eyes.

"I'm not giving you a room" she says suddenly, not giving me a second thought. I'm caught off guard seeming how I havent even begun to walk through the lobby yet.

"What..? Why..?"

She glares angrily.

"We dont have anymore rooms. And besides. I wouldnt give someone like you a room even if we did."

"Someone like me..?"

She looks me up and down before just going back to looking at her phone.

Was it the fact I was a monster? Or dark boned?

Either way it was f###ed up..!

"I have money. I'm a paying customer!"

"And I dont care. Get out"

"Wh-"

"Do I need to call the police..?"

I feel my anger rise, but I know that she would just end up calling the police if I stayed and argued. I calmed down and tried to reason.

"Ma'am-"

"Get. Out."

To no avail..

I sighed and gave in, walking out of the old building, being met with the freezing air yet again.

I pulled out my phone and looked at google maps, trying to find nearby hotel that might actually be willing to take me. None of them where close enough or in my price range.

Great-

I looked around at the large city that circled me. Freezing air blew mercilessly and made me start to shake. I started walking up and down the empty streets, hoping to find anything of use to me. Hoping to find a warm resturant that was open 24/7. Or hell, even a trashy gas station that happened to hide me from the merciless temperatures.

The more I looked, the more I realized I really didnt think this through..

I look at my phone, questioning if I should just give up and call mom. I look around at the dark town, only the howl of wind filling the concrete streets.

I felt alone.

I felt regret overflow me as I pull up my contact and start dialing moms number. Only to be met with fear-

As my phone dies and the battery fades, leaving me with no plan B.

I take off my backpack and set it on the cold concrete ground, searching around in my bag for my porterless charger, starting to shiver violently as the wind shook my baggy cloths with angry aggression.

S###-

I mumble under my breath as I cant seem to find my porterless charger. I bring my hands to my pockets and search, hoping I just maybe accidentally put it in my pocket. I take out my wallet with shaky hands and fumble with my fingers, dropping not only the wallet, but my phone to the ground.

Change and a few dollar bills scatter across the nearly iced sidewalk and I curse under my breath as cold smoke blows from my warm breath, getting on my knees to pick up all the fallen coins.

I'm met with a kind voice..

"Do you need help sir..? Here!"

I see a pair of legs rush over to me and help me pick up some of the fallen items, handing them to me with a gloved hand. I look up to be met with kind eyes.

A pale skeleton looked at me with a smile, his yellow eyes where bright bubbly stars, and he wore layers of thick clothing.

Dark blue jeans with a puffy yellow and tan jacket, with cream colored fur that laced the collar of the hoodie. He wore some brown ugg-boots with warm fluffy insides, and wore a chain belt with small little blue star charms on it.

Next to him was a taller skeleton with a skinny frame. He wore a brown jacket and scarf, alongside some thick black sweatpants, and brown boots with long socks. He wore black leather gloves and a small brown beanie. He had blue and yellow eyes, and paint splattered onto his cheek, and I could see a rainbow charm bracelet on his wrist.

"Sorry for bothering you.. I just noticed you dropped your stuff and wanted to help..! Are you alright?" The yellow one says, catching my attention yet again. I look and him and notice that hes still holding out my change to me.

I take the coins and few dollars that he collected, and quickly shove them back into my wallet.

"Yeah.. I'm fine.." I say, grabbing my phone and shoving both the wallet and device back into my pocket once more.

"Are you waiting on a ride..?" The brown one says, looking at me with confusion, and his eyelights change to a square and a question mark, changing colors from blue and yellow, to blue and purple.

"Uhhh..."

How do I respond..? Do I lie? Or let them pity me?

"Your shaking sir.. do you have a place to spend the night..?" The yellow one speaks up, looking at my thin jacket and baggy Jean's that didnt block much cold air.

"I.... well....."

I hate how I cant lie to strangers, yet I can do it so well for my family..!

I looked at them and saw the two strangers give eachother worried glances.

Theirs a long silence before they realize my answer is no.. I look away at the empty streets around me, wishing I could escape the situation I've trapped myself in.

The brown one whispers something to the yellow one and I cant help but just feel disgust.

I hate pity.

I hate it with a passion.

Why cant people just mind their own d### business for once in their f###ing life huh?

"Hey..! I have an idea!" The yellow one says, giving me a large smile, knocking me out of my hateful thoughts.

"My brother lives just a few roads down from here! His old roommate just moved out, and by the looks of your wallet you have a few things of cash.. I'm sure you can stay with my brother! The landlord is very understanding, and I'm sure he wouldnt mind if you came in on such short notice on such a cold night..!" He says, gesturing down the dark road.

"Besides! My brother is kinda quiet at times, so he wont bother you much! And it's cheap at the apartment complex!" He says, clearly wanting me to take his offer so he can be at peace of mind.

He really doesn't like the thought of me being out here alone huh..

How stupid can you be?

"Sir..?" The brown one says, grabbing my attention, stopping me from dozing off into my thoughts once more

"Uhhh... yeah.. sure I guess.. that might work.."

The yellow one continues on with a beaming smile.

"Great..! And what's your name if i might ask..?"

"Uhhh... error.... my name is error.."

"Well hello error! My name is dream, and this is ink!

You'll be staying with my brother nightmare!

Oh..!

And Error..?

Welcome to the city of Pentral..!~"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 625 22
Soulstring: a piece of golden string that connects through the soul of families and relatives such as close siblings, this string of hope never lets...
21.2K 642 42
Welp...here it is ๊งโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข๊ง‚ One day...Ink was being reported as a murderer Ink always denying that he didn't killed his two best friends that was Dream...
40.9K 2.4K 23
โชผA life where our beloved [Reader/REDACTED] died a very.. 'Fun' death. โชผupon realizing their death, they'd realize that they reincarnated into error...
42.7K 1.6K 25
- โ€ข x BLOOD AND GORE WARNING x โ€ข - Error stops, Where is everyone? It's so empty here... walking through the ruin halls he found nothing. no one, no...