ANTI-HERO ▹ HOUSE OF THE DRAG...

By harwin-strong

❝i'm merely protecting my family. both wolves and dragons.❞ [HOUSE OF THE DRAGON AU] [NON-CANON COMPLIANT] More

anti-hero
a song of ice and fire: intro
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.

vi.

2.4K 84 5
By harwin-strong

Dragonstone

"Would you like a bath drawn for you, my sweet?" Rhaenyra asked as she held Jalyssa's hand and guided her to her rooms. The squires had been fast and all of her stuff was already in the room, now it was just up to Jalyssa to pack everything away in their proper places.

"Yes please, mother." She let's Rhaenyra's hand go as she walks towards a trunk. She places it on the bed and opens it, revealing all of her clothes. "Am I allowed to wear these colors, mother?" She says, motioning to her gray and blue clothing. "I kind of noticed everyone has a theme going on here, Targaryen black and red, along with father's Velaryon blue."

Rhaenyra lets out a small laugh. "We'll have some black and red dresses delivered to you, sweet girl. And shirts and pants."

Jalyssa blushes but nods. "Thank you mother."

Before any of the two women could say a word, they heard hesitant knocks at the door of Jalyssa's quarters. Rhaenyra shot her an amused look as she called out. "Yes?"

"It's Jacaerys. May I come in?"

Rhaenyra laughed but opened the door nonetheless, giving her eldest's hair a ruffle. "Go on, be with your sister." She then turns to Jalyssa and gives her a smile before saying, "I'll go call the maids to run you a bath, my girl."

Jacaerys walked in and Rhaenyra closed the door behind her. He quickly walked up to his sister and pulled her into another tight hug. Jalyssa laughed and squeezed her brother tenfold, feeling her heart about to burst in joy. Ever since she left thirteen years ago, there had always been an empty spot in her heart. Now here, close to Jacaerys, Jalyssa felt whole again.

"I missed you," Jacaerys mumbled, his head tucked into Jalyssa's neck.

"So did I," Jalyssa whispers back. She separates from the hug but doesn't let Jacaerys go, giving him a big smile as she caresses his cheeks. "I know we've talked a lot through ravens, but you and I have to update each other on everything. Thirteen years is a long time."

They settled on top of Jalyssa's bed, with Jalyssa back to the wall and Jacaerys' head on her lap while she combed her fingers through his hair. They talked until the servants came in to prepare the bath water.

"I'll need to bathe, brother," Jalyssa tells Jacaerys. The other groans and refuses to leave her lap, which makes her chuckle. "I stink of sea water, and you of dragon. Mother would be square with us if we arrive unbathed to lunch."

Jacaerys finally relented and got up. He gave his sister another quick hug before exiting her quarters. Jalyssa got up and walked towards he trunk again. She debated between wearing a dress or some pants and a shirt, then decided she didn't want to hassle into a dress. She got some matching grey pants and a shirt, along with new small clothes and walked towards the bath.

-

She and Jacaerys were the last ones to arrive for lunch. They walked into the dining room together, holding hands like they were four year olds again. Rhaenyra beamed at the sight of her two eldest together once more, causing everyone to turn their attention onto the twins.

Jalyssa lets Jacaerys go as she heads towards her mother and the head of the table. She kisses both of Rhaenyra's cheeks and gives her a quick hug. She then greets Laenor in a similar fashion, causing the man to laugh out loud. Daemon only receives a curt bow which he mirrors.

"Come, my girl. Sit next to me." Laenor says as he pulls the chair next to him. Jalyssa gives him a quick thanks and swiftly sits down. Soon after, servants are filling the room and placing their food swiftly on the table. Their cups are filled with both wine and water, and the ambiance turns nice as everyone eats their fill first.

It is Jalyssa who starts conversation first, wanting to voice the question she's had in her head ever since she received a raven informing her what had gone down.

"Is it true little Lucerys was the one to cut our uncle Aemond's eye out?"

Both Jacaerys and Lucerys choke on their food at the question while Rhaenyra and Leanor sport twin looks of exasperation.

"Yes, that is true," Rhaenyra starts, "but I was told it was in self defense."

"He was going to kill Jace," Lucerys mumbles. At that admission, Jalyssa raises a brow. She didn't know the intricacies of what had gone down, but she knew that it caused their family to begin their self-imposed exile at Dragonstone.

"Well, luckily I wasn't present. I would've probably slit his throat." Jalyssa states simply.

While she knew her brothers were once close to their uncles, Jalyssa never really interacted with them. At her young age, she only really remembers talking to her aunt Helaena. Well, not really talking. More like listening to her aunt's seemingly crazy ramblings.

(Now that she's older, she knows they're not simple rambles.)

The admission startles the table into silence, only to be broken by Daemom who chuckles.

"Tell us about your adventures in Winterfell, my sweet," Rhaenyra says, ignoring the way her uncle-husband is still chuckling manically.

"Well, officially, everything went well," Jalyssa says diplomatically, dabbing at her mouth with a napkin. "But you know, that's officially."

"And unofficially?" Laenor asks.

"Well, there was this one time I forced Lord Cregan Stark to come with me to the stables in the middle of the night. I was nine, I believe. I wanted to see the horses, but Lord Rickon hadn't allowed me to do so because I was still recovering from a slight fever. I was dressed to look like a little boy. Unfortunately, we did not get to look at the horses. I got into a fight with one of the Bolton boys and Lord Rickon came to break us apart."

"Jalyssa!" Rhaenyra scolds.

"Did you win?" Daemon asks

Jalyssa gives her stepfather a smirk and says, "Of course."

They spend the rest of the afternoon like that, trading stories of the past thirteen years. Jalyssa smiles so much that her cheeks start to ache.

When they retire, Jalyssa follows Lucerys and Jacaerys. The boys had invited her to see their dragons and who was she to refuse?

"Vermax is almost big enough for two, and Lucerys started riding Arrax four years ago," Jacaerys says.

"Are they growing quickly?"

"Mother says they are, but I don't see it. I can't wait till Arrax is as big as mother's Syrax!"

They arrive at the dragonpit and Jacaerys asks one of the keepers to bring Vermax first.

When the green dragon gets to them, Jalyssa lets out a surprised breath. "He's beautiful," she murmurs. Jace gives her a beaming smile and walks towards his dragon.

As her twin chats with his dragon, Jalyssa looks at them with fondness. She often fantasized about this. Being back with her family, all of them laughing and enjoying themselves. It brings her great comfort that she is finally back home and was welcomed with open arms. She catches Lucerys looking at her and she smalls at her little brother, reaching to him and bringing him forth to a hug. The young prince relaxes in her hold and they're both content to stay like that while Jace bonds with Vermax.

The elder Velaryon then walks towards them, Vermax following him and tittering. "Do you want to pet him?" At her nod, Jacaerys turns and brings Vermax towards them. "Lykiri."

Jalyssa holds out a palm for the green dragon to sniff at. She assumes she gets his approval as he rumbles and begins to nose at her hand. Jalyssa lets out a small laugh and obliges, patting the dragons snout. Lucerys then does the same, Vermax preening at the attention he is getting from the three Velaryon's.

A furious screech is heard in the distance, followed by the flapping of wings. A snow-white dragon is seen rushing into the scene, the dragon keepers running after it, looks of exasperation showcased on their faces.

"Arrax!" Lucerys squeaks, a blush rising to his cheeks as the boy's dragon stops in front of them, hissing at Vermax. Jace's dragon seems undisturbed, only giving out a snort as an answer, seemingly used to the other's behavior.

"Last I saw him, he was the size of a cat. He has grown, little brother."  At the sound of her voice, the young dragon's neck snaps towards her. She raises a brow as he seems to make himself bigger, wings spreading. "What is he doing?"

"He's showing off." Lucerys groans, Jacaerys laughing at his brother. Jalyssa joins her brother in the laughter, causing Lucerys' blush to deepen. "It's not funny!"

"No, I think it's rather cute. May I touch him?"

And that is how they spend the rest of the day, mingling with dragons and sharing tales. Rhaenyra finds them like that, and she smiles in content as her heart turns warm.

——
filler chapter <3 the velaryon sibling's reunited! warms my heart tbh
-jackie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1K 16
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 ❝ 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀�...
24.5K 1.2K 10
𝐌𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐢�...
113K 2.8K 34
ℋ𝒾𝓇𝒶ℯ𝓉𝒽 (𝒏.) 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐, 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒂...
46.1K 2.7K 30
Viserys should have known from the start. A union of fire and ice. He needed the Starks. 🐺 "Boy you blew it. You put me through it. Now I want to...