xii.

Kings Landing

There were bells ringing in Kings Landing, and that could only mean one thing.

"DRAGONS!" someone yells out, causing people to either scramble out of the way or peek outside to be able to see the magnificent creatures.

And dragons there were.

It was intimidating sight, from an outsiders prospective. Seven dragons, ranging in size and color. They were all circling each other, imitating some sort of dance. Roars, screeches and tittering could be heard from above, the occasional burst of dragonfire interrupting it. As they began to slowly descend down, a ship could be seen docking, causing the City Watch guards to run towards it. A Knight walks out, conversing with the City Watch members. Whatever he says seems to get their approval as they nod and start to clear the people out of the way so the massive beasts could land.

They take formation, a straight line keeping the people away from the dragons, facing the direction of the ship. Two more lines are made, imitating some sort of catwalk. There is a crowd already, the people of Kings Landing wanting to see who had arrived. Some recognized the dragons while others murmured their confusion.

One by one, the dragons started to land. Followed by the two red beasts, then the golden one, and then the bronze one. The last three follow suit, causing the biggest of them all to let out a mighty roar. As their riders climb off and the people from the ship step out, the Knight seen exiting the ship starts the introductions.

"All hail Princess Rhaenyra! Princess of Dragonstone and rightful Heir to the Iron Throne! Her husband's, Prince Daemon Targaryen and Prince Consort Laenor Velaryon! Her children,  Prince Jacaerys Velaryon, Prince Lucerys Velaryon, Prince Joffery Velaryon, Prince Aegon Targaryen, the third of his name, Prince Viserys Targaryen, the second of his name! Ladies Baela and Rhaena Targaryen! Lord Corlys Velaryon, Lord of the Tides and Lord of Driftmark and his Lady Wife, the Princess Rhaenys Targaryen!"

The crowd starts getting rowdy, all of them wondering what caused the Princess to bring her whole family to Kings Landing. Last they saw them was eight years ago, when they had all traveled to Driftmark to attend the funeral of the late Laena Velaryon.

A hush then falls through the crowd as one more person steps out of the ship, making his way towards one of the dragon riders.

"Lord Cregan Stark, Warden of the North, Lord of Winterfell! His betrothed, the Princess Jalyssa Velaryon, future Lady of Winterfell!"

And the crowd proceeds to lose their minds. It has been a long time since a Stark visited Kings Landing. It was no secret that the North rarely cared for matters of the South. They had their one things to deal with, with what keeping the wall up. So, for the Lord of Winterfell to arrive at Kings Landing, with the future Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, certainly made a statement.

In the castle, a green man is seen panicking into oblivion, his plans dissolving right before his eyes.

-

"My granddaughter!" Viserys exclaims, joy in his voice. The King looks worse for wear, but no one can deny that the old man still has some years in him.

"Your grace." Jalyssa bows deeply to her grandsire then rushes towards him, accepting the hug he gives her. They break off, Viserys grabbing her hands tightly.

"How you've grown!"

"It is good to see you again, grandsire." Jalyssa says, squeezing Viserys' hands. Even if she knows he is part of the problem, he is still her mother's father. "May I present to you my future husband, Lord Cregan Stark."